• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Lurker

Been trying WILD, problems

o.k I've been trying lucid dreaming for about a month now and still no sucess. This morning I tried to WILD and came close. You see I relaxed and did everything I was supposed to and counted to 300, imagining myself going up stairs. Well I got to 300 and sorta "gave up" so I opened my eye's (partially) and they naturally closed again and everything started to get blurry. Then my whole body began to "numb" as you might say for about a minute. I tried to stay calm but my mouth became dry and I had trouble breathing. Then, about 2 min. into it, got up and my body became normal again...What happened? What should I do next time this happens?
      "Seperate the body from the mind."

Love Street
      It sounds to me as though you were both burned out on trying for the night and you were slightly panicy about the whole situation. Next time, remind yourself you are OK and that there's no need to panic. Also, be patient with yourself. Nobody gets it on the first try. Keep trying and you'll eventually reap the rewards.

Welcome to the forum, by the way! It's great to have you. If you need anything, you can always contact myself, a fellow Dream Guide, or another experienced member.

Also, check out our tutorials and adoption program. They might be helpful to you.
      Shine on, you crazy diamond!

Raised: The Blue Meanie, Exobyte

Adopted: MarcusoftheNight

CT USA
      hey sense were talkin bout wilds i have a question too, i tryed my second WILD saturday morning (after aobut 50minutes WBTB) I have no trouble getting into sleep paralisis, i get numb, breathing gets shallow but this feel like extrem for ...maby a minute then it clams down...then about another 10minutes later it hits me with another wave of it. Even though im numb i can still feel my body being numb its not like its gone. Well anyway in between the first and second wake of that feeling, i saw a boat (it jus appeared i havnt ever gotten HP) And i jus could see the wooden floor of boat and it was moving side to side (angle) like...a wave hit one side and that side goes up then it hits other and that side goes up. And i could really feel myself moving...it was cool in all of this i stayed calmb but when i tryed to move i felt my real body then gave up cuz after moving my arm i would be starting from the beggining. Well yeah if anyone else sucks at wilding like me lol its cool if you leave a response. If anyone has any input or jus encouragement that would be execelnt too :-) Thanks.
      LD - 14

LD Genius

Rock n Roll Capital
      Hey Just2 (already got a justme member )

and
      Well I got to 300 and sorta "gave up" so I opened my eye's (partially) and they naturally closed again and everything started to get blurry. [/b]
      Ok, the mind is VERY tricky during the WILDing process - so how sure are you that you were actually opening your REAL eyes? It's possible you may have succesfully slipped into dreamland and opened your "dream" eyes, and believed you were awake. I mention this only because you said they "naturally" closed again. Did you see anything when you opened your eyes? Your ceiling? Clock? Pillow?

The trickiest thing about WILDing is knowing when your mind could be "recreating" your expectation (lying in bed) or being awake. Unless you can somehow know for sure if you're really awake, the best thing to do is perform a reality check.

Now, I know moving your body if you are awake can set you back quite a bit in the process. So, before moving, try to imagine something unique happening before you (like a friendly dragon flying into your room and stting on your bed). If you're dreaming, you'll likely either see or hear what you think up or something closely related to it. If you're awake, you'll realize it's just a thought and have no problem relaxing and trying the technique again.

CT USA
      Good idea thanks.
      LD - 14

LD Genius