• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: Sleep Pills

Baltimore, MD

Sleep Pills

I found out that I have a lot of friends who are into this lucid dream thing. One of them, Esther, told me to think peaceful thoughts to go to sleep, and I got confused and asked, "What if I wanted to dream about Hell? That isn't peaceful. If I go to sleep thinking peaceful thoughts I wouldn't dream about Hell."
      She told me to think about playing cards with the devil and wondered why I would want to dream about Hell in the first place. I told her I don't... I was just using it as an example cuz I couldn't think of anything else, but I don't think she got it...
      She also told me to go to sleep early because if I go to sleep really late, then my brain will become completely dead or something and I won't have any control over my dream at all.
      But you can't dream if you're not sleepy cuz you won't fall asleep!! How long am I suppose to try to go to sleep in order to have a lucid dream?
      Also, a question: Can you have a lucid dream when you're on sleep pills, like melatonin?
      And another: Going to bed early is a good health habit... Does being healthy in other ways contribute to the ability to have lucid dreams?
      Thanks!!

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      a vivid few
      Earth
      DJ Entries
      well, from my experiences with melatonin, i have always had crazy dreams when i use it, especially with B6 and Valarian root. the first lucid i had was a night when i was using melatonin, but i dont really use it anymore, and i have still had ld's without them. it really depends on you, though.

The evening hangs beneath the moon, a silver thread on darkened dune.
      With closing eyes and resting head; I know that sleep is coming soon.

Upon my pillow, safe in bed,
      A thousand pictures fill my head,

I cannot sleep , my mids aflight;
      and yet my limbs seems made of lead.
      ---Whitacre's Sleep---

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Gold 10000 Hall Points Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      527+
      Virginia
      DJ Entries
      I never go to bed until around 3:00am and I have lots of LDs. The time you go to bed doesn't have much do with it, IMHO. I also use sleeping pills quite often and have LDs just as often as not using them.

Banned
      Melatonin is a great sleep aid, it also suppresses REM so that your dreams later on get longer

Baltimore, MD
      ahh... thanx!! now i can use melatonin... yay..
      Berlin <3