Hey, I just thought I'd dump my biphasic sleep log here, in case anyone wanted to read and learn from it. Enjoy!

Plan:
Sleep from 2 AM to 7 AM
Nap probably from 5 PM to 6:30 PM, or somewhere around there
Hope to be fully adjusted a bit after a week

Day 1:
Going to bed at 2 AM was fun! Got tired of course

Day 2:
At my friend's house in the early morning. Consumed much caffeine (root beer) and sugar today and the next day,
unfortunately. Felt a good urge to nap, slept the whole thing. Really worked!
Nap: 6:00 - 7:30
Sleep: 2:15 - 7:00

Day 3:
Rather tired in the morning. Refrained from too much caffeine/sugar. Pretty tired for nap. Woke up
early, probably from friend's noises. As a result...
Nap: 6:00 - 7:00

Day 4:
VERY tired getting up. One of the biggest battles of willpower I've ever fought. I was so freaking tired, I
forced myself to go jogging, and now I'm pretty okay. Very excited for a nap. Tired for a good while after
nap. Got very tired before bed for an hour or two. I really don't want to be a zombie in the morning
tomorrow, like I was today. So I made a deal; if I'm exhausted, sleep in an hour.
Nap: 6:00 - 7:30
Sleep: 1:50 - 7:00 - 8:00

Day 5:
Turns out the hour was necessary. It passed in the blink of an eye. And I'm still not feeling good/great
this morning. I hope I'm done adjusting soon or this biphasic crap is going out the window. Almost missed
my nap. Was a bit groggy for a couple of hours afterward. Only got tired for sleep at like 1 AM, which was good.
Nap: 5:30 - 7:00

Day 6:
Woke up, kinda tired for a couple of hours. Easily more awake than Day 4. I'm adjusting somewhat. Anyway, I did
a lot of walking today and it really wore me out. My body is more tired than my mind it seems.
Nap: 5:30 - 7:00, woke up a bit in the middle
Sleep: 2:30 - 7:15

Day 7:
Well, I'm still very tired for a couple of hours after I get up. I'm beginning to think this will only mitigate a
little bit after the adjustment period. It really sucks. Having more time in the day is great though. I wish I could
take my nap at noon or something, but I'm just not tired at all then. I miss out on fun things with the 5 PM nap.
Haven't remembered a single one of my dreams this whole time, which I don't believe makes any sense. Dang, my eyes
started burning at around midnight. I just don't think I'm getting enough sleep. Or I'm not adjusted yet. Perhaps
I'll try sleeping for 5 hours.
Nap: 5:00 - 6:30, was woken up for a minute in the middle
Sleep: 2:20 - 7:20

Day 8:
I slept an extra half hour. Made a barely noticeable difference. I'm still quite tired for an hour or two in the morn.
I really enjoy having more time in the day. The nap is a pain though. And it's so long! Also, being really tired at
some points in the day sucks. I don't know if it's worth it. Forgot about nap, wasn't really tired. Napped late. Felt
really good after nap for some reason, but started getting pretty tired at 11 PM. This sucks.
Nap: 6:30 - 8:00
Sleep: 2:30 - 7:00 - 11:00

Day 9:
I woke up, turned off my alarm, decided to sleep in, forgot to re-set alarm, slept until I woke at 11, only due to
my mom calling me. I slept so long...I was obviously sleep deprived. At this point I'm going to stop the experiment
and revert to monophasic. I'm sick of being exhausted in the mornings, and fairly tired for most of the rest of the
day. Yes, I get to sleep less (2 hours), but I feel like crap, and have to take a nap sometimes in the middle of
something. I'm glad I tried biphasic, but I just wasn't adjusting. There was pretty much no noticeable change in
terms of sleepiness in the last few days.

Summary
4.5 hr core sleep, 1.5 hr nap
Exhausted in mornings, pretty tired for most of day
Didn't seem to really adjust even though I did almost everything perfectly in my mind
It's great having a bit more time, and peace at night/early morning
Nap tends to interrupt activities
No dream recall, when normally I recall one dream per night on average.

Perhaps if I went a few more days it would have gotten better. But suffering and seeing no improvement is disheartening. I mean, I've read that biphasic doesn't take long to adjust to, so I dunno.