• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Task of the Month for June 2012

Professional Nose-Booper Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries

Task of the Month for June 2012

Introduction:
      This topic is for the Lucid Tasks that are assigned by the Dream Guide Team or voted on by experienced dreamers. Please attempt one or both of these tasks throughout the month.

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task, your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it.

When you complete a task: go to your control panel, then to permission groups, and request to be in the group that applies to the task that you've done. Of course you still need to post the dream here because we check.

Whoever completes either of these tasks gets the following goodies until the end of the month:
      • Your name will be displayed in ORANGE in the online members list at the bottom of the main forum page.
      • You will receive a special title and badge.
      • You will receive access to the "Lucid Task Club" which is a limited access forum for people that complete the lucid task each month.

Tasks for this month:
      Basic Task - Walk through a mirror and see what's on the other side.

Advanced Task - Jump on top of a speeding train and stay on for a while.
      Merro, anderj101, madvorak and 4 others like this.

Banned
      LD Count
      Counts fingers
      Austin
      DJ Entries
      Nice choices!
      OpheliaBlue likes this.

Web of dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Miami, ok
      DJ Entries
      Again... I think the two need to be switched. If I can get in the LD mood, and have a decent one, and remember to do a task, then I will do these.

I was always a dreamer, in childhood especially. People thought I was a little strange.-Charley pride

NullPointerException Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      avg: ≥2/w
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by dakotahnok View Post
      Again... I think the two need to be switched. If I can get in the LD mood, and have a decent one, and remember to do a task, then I will do these.
      I disagree. The second task might not involve powers, but.. physics and stuff.
      melanieb and Lunatide like this.

Any questions about lucid dreaming? Drop me a PM here!

Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Miami, ok
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by fOrceez View Post
      I disagree. The second task might not involve powers, but.. physics and stuff.
      Yeah because physics won't stop you from walking into a mirror world. Not to mention dreams are the one place where physics dont really take much effect.

But either way, both task need to be done. And its just my opinion.

I was always a dreamer, in childhood especially. People thought I was a little strange.-Charley pride

Little Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      alot..
      DreamWorld :D
      DJ Entries
      why mirrors... D: aaah jk, I will try to complete either the easy or the advanced

1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by dakotahnok View Post
      Again... I think the two need to be switched.
      Then especially for you: after jumping on said train, you have to juggle lobsters while standing on one foot.

And while wearing Lederhosen.

LD Count
      Miami, ok
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by OpheliaBlue View Post
      Then especially for you: after jumping on said train, you have to juggle lobsters while standing on one foot.

And while wearing Lederhosen.
      I can't promise anything but if I get the chance I will totally do that!
      OpheliaBlue likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Yeah because physics won't stop you from walking into a mirror world.
      But walking through mirrors is the easiest thing to do!
      enak101 likes this.

Current Goals: Go to the toy Christmas town || Complete TotM || ] LD once a week for a month || Go through my special door || Use Fus Ro Dah on someone

I am a Shade Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Average 2/Week
      In your dreams
      DJ Entries
      Hmmm... the train one seems horribly easy to me... The mirror one might be somewhat harder, but much more exciting too
      I realize that i'm dreaming.

<--- My Dream Journal Contains ONLY Lucid Dreams

Melting Rainbows Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      United Kingdom
      DJ Entries
      Hopefully this month I'll be able to do at least one of these! Added them to my lucid dreaming goal list for this month so we'll see if it happens
      Check out my DreamViews Podcast with OpheliaBlue!

The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary.

No sailor controls the sea. Only a foolish sailor would say such a thing. Similarly, no lucid dreamer controls the dream.
      Like a sailor on the sea, we lucid dreamers direct our perceptual awareness within the larger state of dreaming.

LD Count
      Lost Count.
      Saudi Arabia
      DJ Entries
      I would also say the advanced task was easy, but I don't want Ophelia going all on me. ^_^

Will do this months for sure, though.
      Lunatide likes this.
      'The petals dance through the wind,
      The crimson blood shimmers on the snow,
      The shattered heart weeps of hidden sorrow.
      And over a pure white sky,
      rises a black moon.'
      - Max

DJ Entries
      I've noticed that alot of people think the more, maximum extreme sports type tasks are easier, while others find the more, artsy, magical intimate tasks to be easier. I'm the latter, but it seems like alot of you boys find the former to be easier.

Since this is my first TOTM post, I'll tell you what. When you accomplish which ever task you choose, and post the dream, please include in that post whether you thought it was basic and advanced FOR YOU, and I'll award the corresponding wings. This will help me select the tasks better next time. Just don't forget to state it in your post!

And good luck (especially for those of you who are scared of mirrors in your LDs muahahaaaaaa!!! )
      Max ツ, dakotahnok and Lunatide like this.

Walrus Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      England
      DJ Entries
      If I can manage to keep a lucid going for more than 8-20 seconds, then I will definately attempt the mirror one

Dragonborn Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Thousands
      South Carolina
      DJ Entries
      Coincidentally, I had a lucid dream this morning where I was riding on top of a train. I'll only post part of it here since it was a long dream.

Advanced Task:

I was running in through a desert that I think was somewhere out west. I was already in my black dragon form and lucid. I'm either getting better at becoming lucid at the start of a dream or there were other events before that I had completely forgotten. I'm not even sure what my objective was in this dream.

From somewhere behind me I heard the sound of a train's whistle. For some reason the idea of riding a train came to mind. I ran over to the edge of a cliff that was to my right. I must have been on a mountain because there was a valley bellow. I saw some train tracks nearby at the bottom and knew the train would pass through any moment now. When the train was close enough for me to see it, I started to plan and estimate my jump. When the train got closer, I slowed down time so I could make a more precise jump. I made a powerful jump off the cliff and landed near the back of the train. I didn't really land on my feet though and somehow broke my right wing.

I slowly rolled over and sat up. It hurt to move around a lot and I was worried about falling off the train. I placed my hand over the part that was hurting the most and started to use my healing magic. After about 5 minutes of healing I was finally able to numb most of the pain. It was still broken though and it hurt to move it around a lot. I was about to work on healing it completely, but I started hearing some odd noises from inside the train cars.

Full dream entry: Advanced TOTM (June 1, 2012)
      Previously known as Lucidis.

LD Count
      Montana
      DJ Entries
      I'm gonna have alot of trouble with the mirror one, Dream mirrors creep me out and hypnotise me. can't wait to try them though, sounds really fun. Aww my wings are gone.

" I couldn't stand her at first, But then I loved her so bad It Hurt "

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      2x/month
      DJ Entries
      Ooh, this should be an interesting challenge. I had noticed that I rarely look in mirrors in dreams despite not being able to pass up a mirror in waking life, so I've been actively trying to seek out mirrors in my dreams.

DJ Entries
      Way to go oreoboy! Can't believe you managed the task while in the form of a dragon.

You overachiever you
      Oreoboy1996 likes this.

Administrator Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      ∞ ÷ 0
      USA
      DJ Entries
      I use mirrors regularly to change dream scenes, so this one should be fun!

omg its zombie month

Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      I like these choices. Can't wait to try them out. I finished last months advanced task last night and then I saw that last months thread was locked. That is sooo depressing.
      I was so much older then, I'm younger then that now.

I am a Shade Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Average 2/Week
      In your dreams
      DJ Entries
      Attempted the mirror one today, but i lost lucidity before going through the mirror for real Well... there's tomorrow ^^
      WDr likes this.

<--- My Dream Journal Contains ONLY Lucid Dreams

Administrator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      These are great choices. I have never thought about riding on a train. It sounds awesome. If anyone wants to make it more advanced, make sure you jump frim the ground, up onto it. I will try to wait on the tracks and jump onto it as it rushes towards me. That would add some advanced elements. Thanks for the idea!
      OpheliaBlue likes this.

DJ Entries
      I will try and summon a train on the street and go from there. >: )
      I am free

Focus is like a dream.
      DJ (School 2)

Dragonborn Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Thousands
      South Carolina
      DJ Entries
      I did the mirror one last night and finally finished the journal entry. I keep getting a database error when I try to post a new entry though. I guess I'll have to wait until it's fixed before I can upload the whole thing. Here's the main part of it at least.

Basic Task

Seeing that there was treasure to be found on the other side of the mirror made me very curious. I guess it's a dragon's nature to collect treasure. I walked over to their group to see what exactly was going on. Chris was about to greet me but stopped and asked, "What are you doing?" "Eating a bowl of cereal," I said casually. "Why?" he asked. "Because they're magically delicious!" I shouted. "Fair enough," he said. "So what are you guys doing?" I asked him. "We're collecting treasure from the mirror world. Want to try it out?" he asked. "Sure, I think I need to do this for the task of the month anyways," I said.

I walked towards the mirror and stared at it. It looked like a normal reflection, but my energy sense was detecting something inside it. It's hard to explain, but it was like the mirror was creating an extra dimension. I placed my hands on it and waited for something to happen. I tried applying a little energy to the mirror to get a reaction out of it. My hands and then my body started to become distorted and I was sucked into the mirror.

I became a 2D image inside the mirror. I looked back outside of the mirror and saw Chris wave to me. The image of Chris and everything outside of the mirror then became completely distorted for a moment and reformed into a new image. Outside the mirror it was still night time, but I was now looking at a castle courtyard. There was a man who looked like a priest or monk staring at me. A castle seemed like a good place to search for treasure, so I decided to exit there. I placed my hands on the mirror's glass again and pushed through. I slowly stepped out of the mirror and my body returned back to its 3 dimensional shape.

I was about to greet the priest and ask him to help me find the treasure. The priest pulled out a jeweled dagger like the one Chris brought back. He immediately tried to stab me, but I back flipped to a safe distance from him. I transformed into a black dragon in the middle of the flip. Even though he was a priest/monk there was a very sinister energy inside him. He charged towards me with the dagger again. I grabbed his arm and threw him over my shoulder.
      OpheliaBlue and Caenis like this.
      Previously known as Lucidis.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast