• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Task of the Month for May 2012

NullPointerException Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      avg: ≥2/w
      DJ Entries

Task of the Month for May 2012

Introduction:
      This topic is for the Lucid Tasks that are assigned by the Dream Guide Team or voted on by experienced dreamers. Please attempt one or both of these tasks throughout the month.

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task, your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it.

When you complete a task: go to your control panel, then to permission groups, and request to be in the group that applies to the task that you've done. Of course you still need to post the dream here because we check.

Whoever completes either of these tasks gets the following goodies until the end of the month:
      • Your name will be displayed in ORANGE in the online members list at the bottom of the main forum page.
      • You will receive a special title and badge.
      • You will receive access to the "Lucid Task Club" which is a limited access forum for people that complete the lucid task each month.

Tasks for this month:

Basic Task - Possess a dream character's body.

Advanced Task - Make your favourite childhood toy come to life and make it life-sized.
      Last edited by fOrceez; 05-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Any questions about lucid dreaming? Drop me a PM here!

Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Hope you guys like this month's challenges I thought the Advanced task would be pretty interesting. Good luck!
      Dreamprofesser likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      80+
      DJ Entries
      I can't wait to do the basic task!
      Short-term lucid goals: [X] Move an object with my mind [ ] Create a portal and use it to get to a dream scene of my choice [ ] Meet one of my book characters

Long-term lucid goals: [ ] Visit the Dream World Academy [ ] Make a building appear at will [ ] Change my appearance to disguise myself as someone else [ ] Find the end of a rainbow

I am a Shade Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Average 2/Week
      In your dreams
      DJ Entries
      Hmmm... not bad... I like these more than the last ones I'll surely try to do both, but personally the advanced one seems easier to me
      I realize that i'm dreaming.

<--- My Dream Journal Contains ONLY Lucid Dreams

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      You're right, i should have made the advanced task harder

Banned
      LD Count
      Counts fingers
      Austin
      DJ Entries
      I too think the advanced task sounds easier, I've certainly done it before plenty of times.

Now, bringing my stuffed puppy to life, let alone into my dream at all...now that seems hard.

I will also give it a try. I still have the dog.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Seeing as everyone thinks the advanced task seems easier.. I'm gonna swap them around

I am a Shade Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Average 2/Week
      In your dreams
      DJ Entries
      Good idea

<--- My Dream Journal Contains ONLY Lucid Dreams

LD Count
      California
      Those are easy. I might try them. Good luck everyone.

Professional Nose-Booper Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      Looks like I have a date with a life-sized Pooh.

LD Count
      20+ Years
      Detroit Mi/Alternate Reality/DreamWorld.
      DJ Entries
      Ah, certainly this is right up my alley. Is it ok if we do both in the same dream?
      Dreams are meant to be used to create ideas. And hopefully, plant the seed of this idea, to another. Which will help build, a very powerful nation.

~The Dreamprofessor~

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Yeah, that's fine Good luck!

LD Count
      Montana
      DJ Entries
      Hehe I already did the first one before this came out, I have it posted on 1000 dream control powers But I'll Due it again for the sake of the challenge. oh and Challenge Accepted, But I'm worried about whats gonna happen when my T-Rex gets life sized.

Dragonborn Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Thousands
      South Carolina
      DJ Entries
      I'm interested in the basic task. I may also even try the advanced one. I'll probably turn into a shadow to possess a person. As for the toy, I was thinking of a life sized smiley faced Lego man!
      Emiko, fOrceez and Dreamprofesser like this.
      Previously known as Lucidis.

Banned
      LD Count
      Counts fingers
      Austin
      DJ Entries
      So, question, f0rceez - When we possess the DC, do we simply need to control them and have them obey our commands or do we need to inhabit their body as well?

Inhabiting their body can be done even while non-lucid, just by changing perspective, so this is why I ask.

In one of my lucid dreams last night I summoned a wolf, made it obey my commands, and then had power over a pack of wolves.

In a second dream I almost made Patrick Stewart talk but I failed in that one.

LD Count
      20+ Years
      Detroit Mi/Alternate Reality/DreamWorld.
      DJ Entries
      Well i obviously missed a good shot of doing the TOTM last night. I was lucid, and ended up arguing with a DC named Heather (Atleast im guessing she was a DC) who told me she was a real person. Looks like some intense subconscious training is in the works for today!
      Dreams are meant to be used to create ideas. And hopefully, plant the seed of this idea, to another. Which will help build, a very powerful nation.

~The Dreamprofessor~

1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      Melanie: I *think* he means to really inhabit the mind of a DC, and control him or or by actually being i n the body that character, but still retaining your own mind.

I vote for you possessing Patrick Stewart.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by melanieb View Post
      So, question, f0rceez - When we possess the DC, do we simply need to control them and have them obey our commands or do we need to inhabit their body as well?
      You have to actually take over their body, and like OpheliaBlue said, still be conscious of your own mind

I've Returned Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class 10000 Hall Points
      USA
      Quote Originally Posted by fOrceez View Post
      Advanced Task - Make your favourite childhood toy come to life and make it life-sized.
      Quote Originally Posted by OpheliaBlue View Post
      Looks like I have a date with a life-sized Pooh.
      Am I the only one that saw the connection between this and the upcoming Ted movie?

DJ Entries
      Advanced TOTM Success!!

I had an impromptu WILD this morning. Hooray for sleep and 5-htp.

I did my usual WBTB and went back to sleep around 8am, a little on the later side for me, but I was thinking about stupid stuff. A dog barked and woke me up. I was in the perfect sleepy state for a WILD, so I just relaxed, kept my eyes closed, and felt the vibrations come on. They waved over me a couple times, then I slipped into a dream. I 'awoke' in my bed, and Daisy jumped onto the bed with me. I knew it was a dream immediately because she never does that, and the door was closed anyway. Plus Daisy was outside irl. It was really fuzzy lucidity, and I had to lay on the bed for a bit, looking over my hands until things became clear. I commanded some lights to turn on which also helped my usual left-eye blindness. When things looked good, I gave Daisy a little pat, then I got up and left the room. I went outside and flew for a little while, really low to the ground. I like flying now, more control and no vertigo. After I did that for a bit I tried to remember the TOTM. So I looked on my porch and there was a little stuffed giraffe. I almost willed a Winnie the Pooh, my true favorite toy, but I changed my mind. I thought a giraffe would be better because I could try to ride it. So I picked it up and took it into the livingroom. I set him in the middle of the floor, stepped back, and did the hand stretchy thing that I usually do to stretch my DCs back to normal size after they shrink. He grew reaaaaaaallly big! And so fluffy! I just ran up to him and gave him a hug. I was scared for a minute because I was 100% sure he would bite me. He didn't. One would think that by worrying about it, I would make it happen anyway and ruin the whole thing. Lucked out somehow. Guess DD took the night off. Anyway, I went behind him and tried to jump on his back. It was so hard to stay on because his back, like a true giraffe, sloped down. I grabbed some of his mane, and he didn't seem to mind. Then he just took off out the front door, with me constantly slipping down the back, barely holding onto tufts of giraffe hair. After about a minute I was tired of getting hooved in the butt so I got off. I flew around some more, lost lucidity and woke up.

I love giraffes!! They're hard to ride!!

Dragonborn Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Thousands
      South Carolina
      DJ Entries
      I did it! I accomplished both the basic and the advanced tasks last night. They were fun.

Basic task:

I was somewhere in the desert way out west. I was standing outside some old west styled town. I was on some sort of mission, but I can't remember what exactly the goal was. I tried walking into the town, but a few snipers were hiding around the town. They recognized me as someone who is a threat and started shooting at me. I remembered how snipers were a theme of the last dream and became lucid. I slowed down time and dive rolled behind a building. Strangely, they acted as if I didn't exist anymore and the town's residents became active.

I sat behind that building for a moment. I was trying to think of a way to sneak in without getting shot at. I could feel the energy of someone walking towards the building. I knew this person would see me and cause a panic. I suddenly remembered the basic task of the month for some reason and linked it to my problems. I waited for the person to come around the corner and prepared to turn into a shadow. A woman came around the corner and I turned into a shadow. Before she had the chance to scream, I phased into her body. I'm not 100% sure what I did once i was inside her. I sort of attached my shadow to her body while mixing our energies. I waited until it felt like her body felt like it was mine. I moved my body around a little to test it out. I had completely taken over her body and she probably wasn't aware of anything.

I casually walked back into town. I watched the snipers out of the corner of my eye and they didn't sense that anything was wrong. I had a feeling that I would need guns for my mission. I walked into a gun store and looked around. Surprisingly, no one was there and there was only a few sniper rifles lying around. I would have expected to see some revolvers. I grabbed a rifle and walked outside. I was only inside for like 10 seconds maybe and there were already a few black cars parked outside. Some government agents like the ones in The Matrix stepped out of the vehicles. They could have been pointing their guns at me because I was holding a sniper rifle. I get the feeling though that they knew I was trouble.

When they started firing at me, I slowed down time and started dodging bullets. I flipped behind the porch of a building and took cover there. I was doing my best not to get shot while in someone's body. When I heard their guns go click, I went out into the open while slowing down time. I looked through the scope and killed an agent who had an assault rifle. A couple agents with hand guns started shooting at me. I did an aerial to get out of the way. Half way through the aerial I shot one of the agents in the heart. When I hit the ground, I was still being shot at, so I rolled behind one of the cars. I then stood back up and quickly shot the last too remaining agents.

Advanced task:

By the time we got to the end of Main Street I was tired out. My sister had to drag me across the floor at this point because I was too exhausted and lazy. When we walked inside there was a huge crowd of people, a podium on the other side, and a bunch of Legos on a table in the middle of the crowd. A lady was at the podium giving a speech about something. I can't remember anything she said though, so it apparently wasn't anything I cared too much about.

I stood there for a while and tried to keep myself busy during the boring speech. My attention was then directed towards the Legos. There was a little girl that was some how able to command them to magically walk on their own. I think this little girl was actually Lucia.
      I became lucid for what I am not quite sure. It might have been because of Lucia or because of magical Lego people. I remembered the advanced task of the month at this moment. I remembered that I wanted to make Lego people become life sized. There were two of them on the table that weren't moving. I did what Lucia did and poked both of the Lego people. They suddenly jumped to life and started moving around. These two Lego people then ran into each other, and the motions they were making looked kind of odd.

I noticed that the Lego people had energies like living people. I focused on this energies and tried to expand them. When I did that, the two awkwardly moving Lego people grew to about my size. The attention of everyone in the room shifted to them now. It turns out those weird motions were them trying to have sex. Everyone in the room found this kind of disturbing. I summoned a camera and aimed it at the Lego people. "Let's try to remember this moment as insufficiently as possible" I said. I think by that I meant we should try to forget this as much as we can. I then took a picture of them and tore the picture apart. When I did this, the two Lego people disappeared and everyone forgot it had happened. I had captured a moment in time and effectively erased it.

Full entry here: Riverside Snipers, Basic TOTM, Advanced TOTM (May 4, 2012)
      Previously known as Lucidis.

Web of dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Miami, ok
      DJ Entries
      I think the basic and advanced should be switched.

I was always a dreamer, in childhood especially. People thought I was a little strange.-Charley pride

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Oreoboy has been winged! Grats on both the tasks!
      @dakotahnok: it has already been switched once.

LD Count
      Montana
      DJ Entries
      Basic Task Succeeded, but I got distracted before I could find my old toys :/

I'm running down the street, there is someone following me. He is in a trench coat and has A Cowboy like hat on. The streets are so dark. I am running past house after house, till I reach my house, A nice medium sized two story house with a picket fence. I run inside and as soon as I reach the stairs on the other side of the living room the stalker busts open the front door. The splinters fly all over and I run up to the top of the stairs and down the hallway, only to turn around and see that the guy is already at the other end. I then run through a room and down another set of stairs that leads to the kitchen. No sign of the guy, So I run through the kitchen, living room, and out the front door. The guy is sitting on the other side and he grabs me and I can't even struggle. He raises an older .22 pistol to my head.I Then notice this can't be real, this isn't my house, this guy is too strong. This is a dream, and I remember I need to Posses someone, and who better to posses then this evil DC? I will it and start to fade into the guy and my view is changing into his. Now I'm in his body wearing his clothes and in complete control. Yes I did it I did it I think excitedly, Then I raise the gun to my/his head. I pull the trigger and his body with the clothes, and gun crumple to the floor. Haha easy I say to no one in particular. I then run upstairs to try to find if my childhood dinosaur collection is in this house. I find the room that I feel is mine and walk in. I walk around and notice the bed is circular, and the walls are painted green. I can't find toys anywhere, in fact the room is extremely bare. Before I can do any more searching, Some girl comes running in screaming about the war starting and how they wouldn't survive without me. I decide to follow her and see whats going on. She leads me out of the house, and through the lawns of other houses and a few alleyways. Suddenly we reach some sewer lids and she removes the cover and pushes me down. I fall and fall But like every time I get close to dying in a dream I wake up.

I kinda get the feeling that my DC's are out to get me....

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      You seem as if you have some really ease your dream control, ZeraCook. You'll be winged within the next 24 hours

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast