• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Galantamine + Choline

WILD ? I dream of being able to do that ! As I've said before, I'm such a poor LDer that I've never got close to a WILD. I fall asleep normally with G+C then become conscious when I feel my body image change. I then know a LD is about to happen. Sadly they only ever last about 1 min but I'm working on it !!

LD Count
      ~30
      Mid-Atlantic
      I took G+C after 4 hours of sleep. I couldn't wild, but when I did eventually fall asleep, I had several LDs. G+C makes is difficult to fall asleep, that's why Yushcak (sp??) recommends melatonin (.3 g) in his book.

Lucid Dream Suppliments SleepyKitty's Avatar
      LD Count
      100+
      OC. CA.
      4 attempts and I could not fall asleep on either of them. All spaced out 3/4 days if not weeks apart. I blame my lack of a sleep schedule and willpower ... but was not put off by this lack of success.

3 days ago I tried the G + C + Alpha GPC combo again, worked like a charm

Multiple lucid instances with 10+ successful RC.

Out of around 30 G + C + Alpha GPC combo attempts i've had 27 successful Lucid Dream nights. (usually more than one LD a night on G)

Thank you again Dream Views for shedding the light on this amazing combo.

Next attempt is tonight... GL everyone.
      Dreams Recalled Since Visiting D.V. - [700+] | Join Date: 02-15-2010

| Lucid Dreams - [100+] | False Awakenings - [xxxx] | Goals Completed: Many
      WBTB Works!!! ----- WBTB Success = 90%+

Last Lucid Dream - 6/5/2013 - - - - G+C Combo FTW

Well done. You really need to thank Thomas Yuschak who brought it to our attention....Have a great Christmas all.....and have an LD New Year....

Retired DG Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points 25000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Sweden
      DJ Entries
      I tried it this weekend with a WBTB of 10 minutes with no effect. I'm sure I didn't put enough effort into it, and didn't have strong intentions. Atleast I had alot of dreams, and that's something I will do the G+C combo during the holidays atleast two or three more times. Will be back with results!

Previous Lucid Task: Flying [X]
      Next Lucid Task: Telekinesis [ ]
      2012 - LD's: 17 | Dreams: 24 - Updated every now and then...
      Need help? Don't feel like asking a question in the forum? Send me a PM!

LD Count
      100+
      OC. CA.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Who View Post
      Well done. You really need to thank Thomas Yuschak who brought it to our attention....Have a great Christmas all.....and have an LD New Year....
      I have tried to personally contact him trhough his email I found in his book. No dice, his website was down and I felt like i twas abandoned...

Anyone know where he posts his findings now a days?

I failed to WBTB, tomorrow will be fun.

Ev
      I picked up a supplement called "Focus Smart" from CVS (a generic form of FocusFactor). It contains DMAE, choline, vitamin B6 and another acetyl compound. Upon taking it after 3 hours of sleep, I had 3 WILD onsets and was able to re-enter 2 dreams through the application of DEILD/Dream Reentry. I've been using the supplement for about 10 days now and this is my 3rd attempt to take the supplement at night. I'm very excited with this success

Personally, I like this stuff better than galantamine and choline combination, because G+C gives me really bad intestinal discomfort, plus it's hard to fall asleep with so many expectations

Time to SHOOSH Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal
      LD Count
      305+
      Orange County
      DJ Entries
      I've tried G + C 7 times now and 6 out of 7 attempts I have had a lucid dream. The one attempt I did not have a LD it was because I was being a lazy ass and didn't do a full WBTB, I only stayed up for about 5 minutes before going back to sleep. I've found that my perfect wbtb time frame is about 45 minutes while using G + C = ).
      LD's since joining DV: 305+
      Try Harder

LD Count
      100+
      OC. CA.
      Quote Originally Posted by shooshtime View Post
      I've tried G + C 7 times now and 6 out of 7 attempts I have had a lucid dream. The one attempt I did not have a LD it was because I was being a lazy ass and didn't do a full WBTB, I only stayed up for about 5 minutes before going back to sleep. I've found that my perfect wbtb time frame is about 45 minutes while using G + C = ).
      I find doing reality checks constantly works very well with the G + C combo. WBTB seems to work incredibly well.

I had another lucid dream with this combo last night, was not in much control but was definately lucid fro a small period of time.

Only stayed up for 15-20 minutes instead of my usual 40-50 with my WBTB.

Will be trying again in a few days, meanwhile a WBTB will happen tonight.

Meet ya on the moonbase.

LD Count
      305+
      Orange County
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by SleepyKitty View Post
      I find doing reality checks constantly works very well with the G + C combo. WBTB seems to work incredibly well.

I had another lucid dream with this combo last night, was not in much control but was definately lucid fro a small period of time.

Only stayed up for 15-20 minutes instead of my usual 40-50 with my WBTB.

Will be trying again in a few days, meanwhile a WBTB will happen tonight.

Meet ya on the moonbase.
      Any lucid is awesome in my opinion, even if it's a simple look at the hands that lets you know you are lucid and wakes you up, it's progress in the right direction =).
      Try Harder

LAJ
      Lurker Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

DJ Entries
      Hello, I'm a first time poster. I tried Galantamine (4 mg) + Choline (650 mg) for the first time this morning (WBTB).

Had a hard time getting back to sleep. Felt a little wired. Ended up lucid through WILD (involuntary). It was not a pleasant experience. There was no fear but it felt like I was pushed through a vortex of blackness. I saw nothing - just blackness. Then had several FA. When I woke for real - I felt as if I were having a panic attack, sweaty, dizzy, stomach cramps. I crawled to the bathroom and almost blacked out on the bathroom floor. I felt like I was going to throw up - but I didn't. I did, however, have quite a bit of intestinal discomfort (along with some other symptoms that go along with that).

Has anyone had this kind of side effect with taking Galantamine? Will they eventually go away?

My Lucid history is - several LDs throughout my life. Significant LD activity this past summer and fall. I got to where I could finally control my surroundings and activities while LD. Then about a month ago, it all stopped cold. So I thought I would try the Galantamine. But, I don't know if I want to continue with Galantamine if I have these side effects. Also, the blackness was strange. It was like I was in limbo - nowhere and totally alone.

I ordered my Galantamine from an online pharmacy called All Day Chemist.
      It is a pharmacy in India and you don't need a prescription to order (the website says you do - but you don't). The Galantamine manufacturer is Sun Pharma. The cost is $3.75 for 10 tabs (4 mg). You can order up to 90 days worth of any individual drug from this pharmacy. They charge a flat rate shipping fee of $25 per order, so I stocked up on other things for cheap (Retin A, Differin Gel, my husbands propecia, etc). Shipping took about 2 weeks. I was very satisfied - and clearly the galantamine worked. The Choline I got from a local Whole Foods (350 mg - I took 2).

Any insight from you seasoned veterans regarding my side effects, and the vortex of blackness, is much appreciated by this newbie. Thanks so much!

LD Count
      100+
      OC. CA.
      Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
      Hello, I'm a first time poster. I tried Galantamine (4 mg) + Choline (650 mg) for the first time this morning (WBTB).
      Hi LAJ, it sucks to hear about your negative experience, are you currently feeling all of these side effects? Im glad you shared your experience, maybe you are sensitive to G + C Combo? This is why we need to be careful! Almost blacking out seems very odd, I have never read anyone else having this reaction. My personal experience with Galantamine taken with Choline + L-theanine + Alpha GPC has been positive. I have only experienced minor stomach trembles, nothing major at all. Nothing compared to what you've experienced. The trembles kind of assure me it's time to fall asleep.

Your "limbo" seems like a semi lucid with little or no control. Not sure why that happened, maybe you were not used to the transition and the G + C combo was to intense?

I purchased my "lucid dreamer" pills from dreamamins, made in china. 30+ attempts all positive, only about 3 failed attempts. I hope you can somehow solve this, not sure if you had a bad experience or a bad reaction.
      Last edited by SleepyKitty; 01-02-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Lurker
      Quote Originally Posted by SleepyKitty View Post
      I purchased my "lucid dreamer" pills from dreamamins, made in china. 30+ attempts all positive, only about 3 failed attempts. I hope you can somehow solve this, not sure if you had a bad experience or a bad reaction.
      Which product did you purchase and use from dreamamins?

LD Count
      100+
      OC. CA.
      Quote Originally Posted by VincentFreeman View Post
      Which product did you purchase and use from dreamamins?
      The "Lucid Dreamer" Combo, the standard G + C.

"4mg Galantamine, 200mg Choline"

Here

learning. making. doing. zhineTech's Avatar
      LD Count
      50ish
      in a dream
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post

Had a hard time getting back to sleep. Felt a little wired. Ended up lucid through WILD (involuntary). It was not a pleasant experience. There was no fear but it felt like I was pushed through a vortex of blackness. I saw nothing - just blackness. Then had several FA. When I woke for real - I felt as if I were having a panic attack, sweaty, dizzy, stomach cramps. I crawled to the bathroom and almost blacked out on the bathroom floor. I felt like I was going to throw up - but I didn't. I did, however, have quite a bit of intestinal discomfort (along with some other symptoms that go along with that).

Has anyone had this kind of side effect with taking Galantamine? Will they eventually go away?
      i had similar experiences the first time, though not as bad. once i added l-theanine into the combo it made it possible to go back to sleep easily.

it also depends on how long you stay awake and when you take it. i take it right as im going btb, so i can fall asleep before it kicks in. often, its still a WILD, i dont even feel like ive fallen asleep, i get out of bed and BAM! i realize its a dream.

i think that might be too much choline as well. its known to cause diarrhea and cramping. i take about 400mg.

i use the dreamamins lucid dreamer pills as well.

good luck and try again with less choline.
      Back into lucidity since 4.10

My intro thread | Levels of Lucidity

"...and then this mean kid came to the door and started shooting at me with a fudgecicle..."

LD Count
      100+
      OC. CA.
      Last two attempts were not very fulfilling. I did have a LD, I saw my hands but only for a split second. I believe smoking cannabis before bed is not helping me much. Need to take another T-Break to experience another 30 minute LD.

The dreams were amazing, extremely vivid. Fun.

Lurker
      First time I used galantamine (Galantamind) last night after four hours of sleep.

BIG FAIL.

I just couldn't go back to sleep.

And that was surprising because I was really tired.

Should I add theanine? If so at what time do you take theanine?
      Last edited by alwayson; 01-07-2011 at 10:11 PM.

LD Count
      100+
      OC. CA.
      Quote Originally Posted by alwayson View Post
      First time I used galantamine (Galantamind) last night after four hours of sleep.

BIG FAIL.

Wow, that pill sure has a lot of other stuff in it!

I would definitely take L-theanine, it helps me relax. Without it I have about a 50/50 shot of staying up.

I have stayed up on G about 5 times now, all because I could not get back to sleep. Sometimes it depends on your mindset.

Also, don't think of it as a big fail, you attempted, next time will be easier.

learning. making. doing. zhineTech's Avatar
      LD Count
      50ish
      in a dream
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by alwayson View Post

yes, L-theanine really helped me. see my post above.

and make sure you really cant go back to sleep, that you arent actually already asleep. one time i "couldn't get back to sleep" and went for a walk, thinking about how the G was making it hard for me to sleep when i discovered i was at a park filled with ballerinas in the middle of the night... cause i was dreaming!
      Back into lucidity since 4.10

My intro thread | Levels of Lucidity

"...and then this mean kid came to the door and started shooting at me with a fudgecicle..."

Retired DG Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points 25000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Sweden
      DJ Entries
      Didn't manage to get lucid last time I took it and I'm not sure I had enough intentions this time either. Had had 3 days in a row with lucids so. It gives me long dreams though.

Previous Lucid Task: Flying [X]
      Next Lucid Task: Telekinesis [ ]
      2012 - LD's: 17 | Dreams: 24 - Updated every now and then...
      Need help? Don't feel like asking a question in the forum? Send me a PM!

Oregon
      DJ Entries
      Are these vitamins worth it??
      Goals:
      Consistently for two weeks recall at least one dream per night [ ]

Massachusetts
      I have a question about what pills are required. I've been reading that you should have a combo of G & C, and I was wondering - if I bought Galantamind or Dreamamin's "Lucid Dreamer" pill, would I be required to also buy Choline pills as well? Choline's supplied through both of these brands' pills, but are the amounts (200mg) sufficient?

To the user who spoke of CVS' Focus Smart tablets, have you had any more experience using this? Has anyone else out there used this, and can compare it to the other tablets I mentioned? It's less expensive than Galantamind and Dreamamin.

LD Count
      305+
      Orange County
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Intuition View Post
      I have a question about what pills are required. I've been reading that you should have a combo of G & C, and I was wondering - if I bought Galantamind or Dreamamin's "Lucid Dreamer" pill, would I be required to also buy Choline pills as well? Choline's supplied through both of these brands' pills, but are the amounts (200mg) sufficient?

To the user who spoke of CVS' Focus Smart tablets, have you had any more experience using this? Has anyone else out there used this, and can compare it to the other tablets I mentioned? It's less expensive than Galantamind and Dreamamin.
      The Lucid Dreamer pills already have enough choline for your needs so you should be all set.
      Try Harder

LD Count
      305+
      Orange County
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by r2d2651 View Post
      I'd say 100% yes as a booster for LD's. Out of about 12 tries with the pills, i've had about an 90% success rate and every time I have not had a lucid dream I have had some amazing vivid dreams and also did not do my full WBTB which I believe is the only reason those few times did not get me lucid. I feel pretty much 100% confident every time I try my G & C combo i'm going to have a lucid dream and even if the pills really didn't work, that confidence in my opinion is worth far more than the pills are.
      Try Harder

LD Count
      11 ‰
      bay area ca
      Quote Originally Posted by r2d2651 View Post
      I personally think the G&C combo is definatly worth it, but I wouldn't depend on it all the time. I would say it might be good if you are having trouble getting your first lucid and feel like giving up or you are having a dry spell. I have to buy some more since I took a 2 month break. The good thing about this stuff for me, was that even if I didn't go lucid, usually I would go into sp, so I felt like it did something. Which is good enough for me since its hard for me to get into sp with out the pills.
      Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.

(SP)12 (FA)10 (DEILD Chain)1 (DILD)6 (DEILD)2 (VILD)2

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast