Thread: vitamin B-6

Undisclosed location
      Found some posts about Vitamin -B-
      Vitamin B-6
      http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3561
      http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/viewtopic....ight=vitamin+b6
      http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3343

Originally posted by LucidOne
      You can buy a suppliment which contains just B-6 at the grocery store, or any nutrition store. This site seems to have a lot of info on B-6, including natural sources found in foods: *

National Institue of Health:http://www.cc.nih.gov/ccc/supplements/vitb6.html

Around the bend
      During my search about B6, I was led to believe that it has a very short effect on your dreams (after taking the pill)

As such, people seem to suggest that you should take it before bed (with eg melatonin... which I might add often comes WITH B6)
      Or even better, after 6 hours of sleep

I'm not trying to contradict everyone, just trying to find the truth
      B6 and Melatonin haven't done much for me yet ... at least not for my dreams...

Vitamin B-6

Ok, I bought some vitamin B6 pills at 50mg per pill. Do I need melatonin to go along with it? I haven't had any LD experience, and am a major newbie. Just started my dream journal last night. Any tips?
      Adopted by howetzer

LD's since adopted: 7

Undisclosed location

Re: Vitamin B-6

Originally posted by brian
      Ok, I bought some vitamin B6 pills at 50mg per pill. Do I need melatonin to go along with it? I haven't had any LD experience, and am a major newbie. Just started my dream journal last night. Any tips?
      Since there is plenty of information on vitamin B & melotonin in this thread I won't feel bad about going of the topic a bit for Brain and comment on the dream journal.
      NO MATTER HOW TIRED .....SIT UP AND WRITE IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm. funny I have never had to tak B-6 to have good dream recolledtion! I guess it varies from person to person.
      I think im lost!!!....

Around the bend

Re: Vitamin B-6

Originally posted by brian
      Yep

Firstly - Remember that this stuff won't GIVE you lucid dreams on a platter... theres no drug for that AFAIK

Secondly - Careful with all this.. it might only complicate things for you. For example, melatonin and B6 make my dreams harder to recall.. not better. Don't know why Its not the norm.
      Tips For Newbies | What to do in an LD

Unless otherwise stated, views expressed in this post are not necessarily representative of the official Dream Views stance. Hell, it's probably not even representative of me.

Thanks for all your help! I've been working on it for a while, haven't had to use my B6 too often. The only problem I have is recalling my dreams in regular wake-up time. I'd love to be able to recall them without waking up at 6:30 AM first, haha. Other than that, I see progress, just very slow progress. I haven't exactly had a full lucid dream yet, just instances where I think "hey, it's almost like a dream!" but then something else happens and I lose my notion of it being a dream. I'm quite satisfied with just being able to remember my dreams, it's fun to talk about.
      Adopted by howetzer

LD's since adopted: 7

Chicago
      Speaking from my experiences, melatonin(3mg) is amazing. Puts me right to sleep, and with the 10mg B6 also inside of it, keeps my brain active. I take the melatonin/B6 and then go to sleep 30 minutes later, and then take 100mg B6. My dreams have been intense, and the B6 cant keep me awake because I fall asleep within minutes of taking it. Plus what I like about the melatonin, is when I wake up early for a WBTB or WILD, I can stay up for 90 minutes and go right to sleep. I cant say yet if the B6 has helped me at all, really. I know my dreams have been a bit crazier, but it hasnt helped me get lucid, to my knowledge. Im gonna try it for a bit more and see where it goes. But I'm definately a fan of melatonin. Amazing stuff.
      I'm in Chasing Mars, one of Chicago's best [link removed - ask for permision]indie rock bands[/url]! <------CLICK FOR FREE MUSIC

Seriously

You guys are.. geezzzz, You DONT have to take drugs to enhance your "dream recall" thing. Taking drugs for prolonged times is very dangerous. Vitamin B6 in not like the other vitamins (which are acids), its pyroxine. I just can'T explain how mad/sad I am about ppl tkaing drugs to recall their dream. Use brain training, thats about it, drugs wont do... geezzzzz
      sorry i can't explain what i mean very well, you guys are soo deciveing, and yes, b6 is addictive.

(Remember that most drugs that end with "ine" (caffeine, nicotine...) are mostly addictive (when not used with moderation))

geeezzzzz
      NoThiNg HaPpEnS ThAt Is NoT FiRsT DrEaMeD

Chicago
      You guys are.. geezzzz, You DONT have to take drugs to enhance your \"dream recall\" thing. Taking drugs for prolonged times is very dangerous. Vitamin B6 in not like the other vitamins (which are acids), its pyroxine. I just can'T explain how mad/sad I am about ppl tkaing drugs to recall their dream. Use brain training, thats about it, drugs wont do... geezzzzz *
      sorry i can't explain what i mean very well, you guys are soo deciveing, and yes, b6 is addictive. [/b]
      Gee, I didn't know you cared so much Glad that someone posted some concern, but I'm far from concerned about developing an B6 habbit. I do have an addictive personality and have finally quit everything, with the exception of sugar, that I am addicted to. But with B6 its more of an experiment that I'm going to try just for a bit. I would never want myself to be dependant on anything for my dreams and Im not now. Last night I took no melatonin and no b6 and I had the best lucid dream Ive had all week. But tonight Im gonna take 200mg B6. High dose, but B6 is not toxic in doses even much higer than that. Its the constant usage that can cause damage to your nerves.

But of course it's good for everyone to take exteme caution with anything you're putting in your body. When you take 3mg melatonin remember that that's 10 times the amount thats naturally in your body, and that 100mg B6 is 5,000% the Daily Value. 200mg 10,000%!!! Your body should not have this all of the time.
      I'm in Chasing Mars, one of Chicago's best [link removed - ask for permision]indie rock bands[/url]! <------CLICK FOR FREE MUSIC

daily dose

Normal recommended value of b6 is 2 to 4mg for men. (per day)

Please be carefull, and b6 wont be effective with b3 (synergi)
      NoThiNg HaPpEnS ThAt Is NoT FiRsT DrEaMeD

Chicago
      Normal recommended value of b6 is 2 to 4mg for men[/b]
      Wow. And they're selling me 100mg supplements. CAnt be too hazardous Im sure....(famous last words )

I just read the back of my B6 jar

Originally posted by jar

Each B6 tablet typically provides vitamin B6 100mg 5000% of the recommended daily allowance
      Eeep!

Thing is the directions say take one a day with food.... WTF :-)

Chicago
      Took 200 mg of B6 last night and my dreams were all very dramatic and movie-like. I didnt have any lucid dreams though. My dream this mornng I was draft-dodging worl war II with someone else and running around, getting a gun, planning our hid out, cliff diving, and for some reason at the end, pretending to be a doctor.....pretty crazy. But I think I'm gonna take a B6 break now ANd I've already stopped taking melatonin.

i tried a 200mg dose aswell two nights ago and didnt have any dream recall at all....i'm taking a three day break for B6 and going back to my 100 mg doses...it seemed to work the best for me.

Adopted By:
      ~OpheliaBlue~

Chicago
      Or should we try 300mg????

Ev
      Lol. it's not the amount, but timing. I had WILD induced by 10 mg of B6.
      At the same time there are accounts when I took 100 mg and felt nothing.

usually it takes some time to work :/ experiment with it in low doses and you'll find it.

Chicago
      I have noticed the best results when I take it as Im going to sleep. How do you time it Ev?

Ev
      So far I dont know how to time it perfectly.

After numerous experiments, it seem to work after 80 min or so for me...

that is: if you hit your REM period, you have a very big chance of becoming lucid.

I also take mine with a full stomach....usually banana products.....or trix cereal

Adopted By:
      ~OpheliaBlue~

Hey I was just wondering if there is a method that works better with B6? Like M.I.L.D, or W.I.L.D Or does it not really matter?

Atashermi
      I also have a question. Can the B-6 tablets be ground up and put in anything? I don't have trouble swallowing pills at all, but the ones I bought are 100mg and I'm not sure if I should start out on that. Unfortunately the pills are so stinking small I'm not sure if I could cut them or do something else. Putting it in a powder form I could divide it up into 2 or more doses, I think. I haven't taken any yet because I had some questions.

What do you think?

-Amé

"If there was one thing the lucid dreaming ninja writer could not stand, it was used car salesmen."

wow

I take B6 regularely for health benifits..I took 2 one afternoon and felt like a zombie, I was light headed, and shakey. There is no other explanation besides that i had too much B6. I am starting on Melatonin tonight, not b/c I want help with LD, i have them alot, but b/c I havent been sleeping well lately. After reading this, it should be interesting to see what happens..good luck to everyone else

Originally posted by gameover
      Normal recommended value of b6 is 2 to 4mg for men
      Wow. And they're selling me 100mg supplements. CAnt be too hazardous Im sure....(famous last words )[/b]
      Hehe...No, it's not really dangerous, though it could be if you take that much frequently for more than a few weeks. I think large supplements like that are really only meant for people with medical conditions.

Chicago
      B6 works best with DILD I think.

EDIT: and melatonin helps WBTB if taken before going to sleep at night.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast