• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where do I find Galantamine?

How many of the capsules can I take at once? I know it says "take one" but when I tried it (only tried it once) nothing happened at all, I got no effects from it-not even any side effects. (I know this is a good thing and not everyone gets side effects-but it seemed like it just didn't do anything at all). Is it safe to take two or three at a time of these capsules-4mg galantamine and 200mg choline in one capsule? Thanks.

the wardrobe
      Now I have got used to it I take two 4mg capsules. In is book Yuschak advises advises 4-8mg. He also advises taking 5HTP at bedtime.
      I took the Galantamine once and it had absolutely no effect almost like a 'dud' capsule. The rest of the time it pretty much guarantees me a lucid dream.
      Something that interests me, and this may be worth a seperate topic, is the flavour of the LD on Galantamine as opposed to natuaraly induced.
      ViviDream likes this.

That's ok. I might try it tomorrow morning with two capsules-the side-effects aren't too bad are they-they don't cause nausea or anything right? Because I have to catch a train tomorrow and don't want to be feeling bad on it! So I might leave it until next week. I don't really know what 5HTP is but I'll look it up thanks.

the wardrobe
      I would say the side effects if you get them are a bit like a hangover without the headache. I have heard that you can get an umpty stomach so be warned if you are travelling
      5HTP taken at bedtime has the effect of supressing REM sleep in the first 4 hours or so. When the pill wears off your body is keen to make up the REM time lost so you get what is called REM rebound i.e. longer, stronger REM period in the morning.
      I take 50mg 5HTP most nights as it gives me a really good nights sleep and I wake up at around 4 a.m. ready for some LD inducing practice.

Integral-just to let you know, I tried two capsules this morning and got a lucid! I can't say it was definitely down to the Galantamine and Choline because I do get quite a few lucids from WBTB anyway, but it probably did help. The lucid didn't last long and I kept losing my vision but for some reason it seemed more "real" than most of my lucids in a way.

Anyway unfortunately I am paying for it now because I definitely have the "hangover" feeling, I feel sick ugh, so I don't know if it's really worth it, but I will probably take it now and then.

LD Count
      100+
      USA
      DJ Entries
      I didn't realize taking galantamine made you feel like you have a hangover. How much did you take Jules?

Old Dream Journal
      Competition Tasks: Fly, Telekinesis, Element Manipulation

the wardrobe
      I'm glad that it worked for you. The hangovery feeling wore off for me after a few times. I found the LDs I have with this are very realistic indeed. So much so that it feels a bit 'ordinary'. I cant seem to do anything exciting like fly or change things as I can in my usual DILDS ( usual huh). I havent taken any for a couple of weeks because I wanted to try and induce WILDS naturaly but that hasn't worked out at all well so it is nice to know I have Galantamine to fall back on if all else fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
      I didn't realize taking galantamine made you feel like you have a hangover. How much did you take Jules?
      I took two capsules at about 9a.m and went back to sleep for a couple of hours (no work today). The ones I take have 4mg galantamine and 200mg choline in each capsule. So maybe it's the choline that gives that feeling or makes it worse i don't know.

I feel fine now, I just felt generally a bit sick and out of it when I woke up for a few hours.

Integral-yes I did notice my dream was kind of ordinary, tried doing a few things like walking through my mirror (which I have succesfully done before) but then everything blacked out. So I didn't do anything in the end. I was just in my room.

LD Count
      100+
      USA
      DJ Entries
      8mg sounds like a lot, but I guess if 4mg didn't work... -shrug- I can't really give advice, seeing as I've never taken it before. I don't think I'll show my mom this thread; it won't help my whole "galantamine won't hurt me" argument. =P

Old Dream Journal

Haha-I don't want to put you off Hidden! No the one capsule on it's own did nothing, no side-effects but no lucids either. I might try it again (2 capsules)tomorrow morning and let you know my results. Like Integral said-the side-effects should go away after a few trys, so I'm hoping tomorrow will have slightly better effects as I get more used to it.

If you try it, one capsule may work for you, it just didn't for me.

LD Count
      100+
      USA
      DJ Entries
      Lol, you're not putting me off, it's my mom who's a non-believer. xP

If I ever get galantmine I'm thinking I'll start with half of one, then work my way up.

Old Dream Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden View Post
      Lol, you're not putting me off, it's my mom who's a non-believer. xP

If I ever get galantmine I'm thinking I'll start with half of one, then work my way up.
      That's a good idea. I tried it this morning-two capsules again and wow it worked like a charm! I had four dreams after takiing it (slept in way too long) and of those dreams, three were lucid! (which is a record for me)

One was super long as well and I managed to do quite a few things and control it pretty well which was fab. So I know this stuff works now!

I feel ok today as well, don't feel sick really maybe just slightly-a lot better than last time. I'm gonna continue to take it one or two times a week.

LD Count
      100+
      USA
      DJ Entries
      Wow! Now I really want to try it!

It makes your dreams more vivid, right? Or is it just a lucidity trigger?

Old Dream Journal

The one I have is "lucid dreamer" which has the choline in it as well. There is one you can get with just Galantamine and it seems like it is just for better dream recall. Here is a link to the site I bought from with the different variations if you haven't seen it already-

http://www.dreamamins.com/?gclid=CIO...FdRb4wodViC63A

(Thanks to Integral for the original link!)

In my case it seemed to do both. The dreams I had that weren't lucid seemed longer and made more sense than my usual dreams, and were more vivid. This seems to really work for me-I've tried the dream herbs before and they didn't do much, but with this I can definitely tell now I take two capsules. It's worth a try anyway!

LD Count
      100+
      USA
      DJ Entries
      I've seen that site before; it seems like the cheapest place to get it, so I'll probably get it from there. I was thinking about getting the pure galantamine and then combining it with separate choline pills. That way I can combine them with other stuff if I choose, and I can decide the exact amount of each I want to take.

That's good. My dreams could use a boost in vividness.

Old Dream Journal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2