• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Jeff777

Thread: Did I almost WILD?

Insideout

Did I almost WILD?

Hi there,

-------------------------------
      Sorry for the extreamily long post... I'm a bit excited about this whole LD thing

Back Story:
      I'm new to this whole induced LD thing, and to this site. I've been browsing the site for a few days and played around with a few of the techniques, really immersing myself in everything LD.

Currently, naturally, I maybe fully LD a few times a year, and i would love to be in a position where i can go to bed with the intention of LDing and just be able to dream up whatever I like.

Anyway, last night I went to bed with the intention of doing a WBTB WILD, I knew all the risks and that i was probably throwing myself in the deep end, but i was going ahead with it anyway . i set my alarm for 7am and was in bed and ready etc. by about 1am.

If I have trouble sleeping, usually when a million thoughts are buzzing round my head, I usually count number's in my head to try and clear it and then go back to trying to sleep. The main culprit preventing me from sleeping is usually a song, or a specific part of a song, that I have heard earlier in the day, looping in my head over and over. So i usually try to drain out the song with numbers and i usually just forget about the song.

So anyway, I was having trouble sleeping last night as i was quite excited about my LD attempt, and i had music playing loudly in my head (cascade by the prototypes for any of you that are interested) so i decided to count numbers with breaths, al lot like the common mantra I have seen a lot of people using. After some amount of time, I decided it wasn't working too well and i started to add the 'I'm sleeping' line.

--- Maybe about 10 minutes later i felt my eyelids start to flutter, and vibrations start to settle in, they were getting more and more intense... I started to think "crap... im starting to SP, i'm not supposed to be doing this yet i haven't had any sleep", but i continued anyway and tried to focus on my mantra (which i had left subconsciously going by itself, although it became out of sync with my breathing). So i re-synced it, if you will. Soon i started to feel, rather than see, squiggle type things infront of my eyes, i'm guessing this was some sort of HH / HI thing going on. I kept going with it and eventually it all stopped, vibrations, HH, the works. Once during the vibrations i tried to wiggle one of my fingers very slightly, and managed too, which suggests i never reached SP.

After that whole event i thought i had made some progress, especially as i hadn't intended to LD, let alone WILD before i WBTB. Anyway i re-started my mantra from the beginning and this time, maybe 10-20 minutes into it something completely different happened, i felt as though my limbs were stretching and i was being gradually pulled away from my body, horizontally, in the foot->head direction. It was quite surreal Eventually that all stopped as well and I went back to just being in bed.

Then i re-started my mantra, and yet again vibrations started, but this time i lost conciousnous and wasnt able to wild and fell asleem normally.

I woke at about 4:30am, decided i hadn't had enough sleep to try to wild and easily lost conciousness and went back to sleep.

At about 6:30 I woke again, this time i decided to try to WILD and switched off my alarm. I never managed to reach the vibration stage, and every time I felt I was close to SP / vibration / numbness, a really bad itch started in some random place on my body, and i had no choice but to break the relaxation and scratch the itch. This happened maybe 20+ times before I gave up. A couple of times i tried to ignore the itch and focus on my mantra, but the itch always overwhelmed everything else and i was unable to remain comfortable. Was it my body trying to double check i was asleep or something?

So yeah, i didn't manage to WILD last night, i cant recall any of my dreams, but it was the first time i experienced vibrations and eye lid fluttering as violently as that.

What do you guys think in terms of my WILD progression last night, and tips / advice?

LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Quote Originally Posted by scythe View Post
      Hi there,

Sorry for the extreamily long post... I'm a bit excited about this whole LD thing

Back Story:
      I'm new to this whole induced LD thing, and to this site. I've been browsing the site for a few days and played around with a few of the techniques, really immersing myself in everything LD.

Currently, naturally, I maybe fully LD a few times a year, and i would love to be in a position where i can go to bed with the intention of LDing and just be able to dream up whatever I like.

Anyway, last night I went to bed with the intention of doing a WBTB WILD, I knew all the risks and that i was probably throwing myself in the deep end, but i was going ahead with it anyway . i set my alarm for 7am and was in bed and ready etc. by about 1am.

If I have trouble sleeping, usually when a million thoughts are buzzing round my head, I usually count number's in my head to try and clear it and then go back to trying to sleep. The main culprit preventing me from sleeping is usually a song, or a specific part of a song, that I have heard earlier in the day, looping in my head over and over. So i usually try to drain out the song with numbers and i usually just forget about the song.

So anyway, I was having trouble sleeping last night as i was quite excited about my LD attempt, and i had music playing loudly in my head (cascade by the prototypes for any of you that are interested) so i decided to count numbers with breaths, al lot like the common mantra I have seen a lot of people using. After some amount of time, I decided it wasn't working too well and i started to add the 'I'm sleeping' line.

--- Maybe about 10 minutes later i felt my eyelids start to flutter, and vibrations start to settle in, they were getting more and more intense... I started to think "crap... im starting to SP, i'm not supposed to be doing this yet i haven't had any sleep", but i continued anyway and tried to focus on my mantra (which i had left subconsciously going by itself, although it became out of sync with my breathing). So i re-synced it, if you will. Soon i started to feel, rather than see, squiggle type things infront of my eyes, i'm guessing this was some sort of HH / HI thing going on. I kept going with it and eventually it all stopped, vibrations, HH, the works. Once during the vibrations i tried to wiggle one of my fingers very slightly, and managed too, which suggests i never reached SP.

After that whole event i thought i had made some progress, especially as i hadn't intended to LD, let alone WILD before i WBTB. Anyway i re-started my mantra from the beginning and this time, maybe 10-20 minutes into it something completely different happened, i felt as though my limbs were stretching and i was being gradually pulled away from my body, horizontally, in the foot->head direction. It was quite surreal Eventually that all stopped as well and I went back to just being in bed.

Then i re-started my mantra, and yet again vibrations started, but this time i lost conciousnous and wasnt able to wild and fell asleem normally.

I woke at about 4:30am, decided i hadn't had enough sleep to try to wild and easily lost conciousness and went back to sleep.

At about 6:30 I woke again, this time i decided to try to WILD and switched off my alarm. I never managed to reach the vibration stage, and every time I felt I was close to SP / vibration / numbness, a really bad itch started in some random place on my body, and i had no choice but to break the relaxation and scratch the itch. This happened maybe 20+ times before I gave up. A couple of times i tried to ignore the itch and focus on my mantra, but the itch always overwhelmed everything else and i was unable to remain comfortable. Was it my body trying to double check i was asleep or something?

So yeah, i didn't manage to WILD last night, i cant recall any of my dreams, but it was the first time i experienced vibrations and eye lid fluttering as violently as that.

What do you guys think in terms of my WILD progression last night, and tips / advice?
      I'm sorry that your post went so long without being answered scythe. Congratulations on your progress, yes.. progress.

If I could offer you any sort of tips/advice, it would be to continue on as you are doing now. You're doing WBTB, sounds as if you have read quite a bit and know what you're doing so just continue on my friend. As for your body itching 20+ times, that could very well have been minute signals in place. Either way though, if you give anything too much attention when trying to LD (your attention should be passive, not active) that can break your state and reset your "internal LD arrival countdown clock. "

I don't doubt that you've attempted since your creation of this thread so do you have any more good news to report?
      scythe likes this.

Insideout
      Thanks for your post Jeff!

I think next time I wont make my posts so long :-D

In regards to progress, i haven't yet managed to get as far again, as the situation that i posted in this thread. I have however, noteably, had many oppertunities to do WBTB as i wake up, near the end of my sleep cycle at least 2 times each night. The problem is i usually forget that i had an intention to try to WILD... I think i've just got to get used to trying to wild every morning when I wake up instead of going back to sleep.

Thanks again for your post! :-)