• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Try This !!! Activate the Amygdala Nuclei in the Medial Temporal Lobes of Your Brain

DJ Entries

Try This !!! Activate the Amygdala Nuclei in the Medial Temporal Lobes of Your Brain

This is very simple. On either side of your head locate the point halfway between your eye and ear. Then imagine about an inch inside of your skull at the halfway point that there is a piece of brain that is about the size and shape of an almond. I find it helpful to imagine that it is shiny, like it has been varnished. Then imagine that there is a feather inside your head tickling the front of the almond shaped piece of brain. Imagine the tickling sensation.

If you have done it correctly you should feel a large rush of positive emotions. I get a rush of energy throughout my body, feel happy peaceful emotions and usually laugh.

But this is only the beginning to what you can achieve with this. I discovered this technique from the studies and research done at the dormant brain research laboratory. To find out more about the dormant brain research laboratory visit this link
      Erii, Mancon, XxLHYxX and 10 others like this.

Please click on the links below, more techniques under investigation to come soon...

Xei
      Banned
      I know legit science when I see it, and that website is some fuckin legit shit right there, I'm telling you.

DJ Entries
      Ive finished reading the book by Neil Slade as he was one of the senior research fellows there. Absolutely fascinating. It's a terrible shame the lab isn't running anymore.

Please click on the links below, more techniques under investigation to come soon...

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by mcwillis View Post
      Ive finished reading the book by Neil Slade as he was one of the senior research fellows there. Absolutely fascinating. It's a terrible shame the lab isn't running anymore.
      I'm not sure if this is a response to xei's post, but that was sarcasm, in case you didn't catch it.

I remember you posting about this before in another thread. I only seem to be good at sensing specific regions in my brain while on certain substances or during certain transitional stages between wake and dream. Both of which involve dissociation from external stimuli, which of course, makes sensing internal functions and physiological changes much easier. When I'm transitioning I usually draw my focus to the frontal lobe, which seems to facilitate the process of entering a dream. Next time I might aim for the amygdala, just to see if anything interesting happens.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by nina View Post
      I'm not sure if this is a response to xei's post, but that was sarcasm, in case you didn't catch it.

I remember you posting about this before in another thread. I only seem to be good at sensing specific regions in my brain while on certain substances or during certain transitional stages between wake and dream. Both of which involve dissociation from external stimuli, which of course, makes sensing internal functions and physiological changes much easier. When I'm transitioning I usually draw my focus to the frontal lobe, which seems to facilitate the process of entering a dream. Next time I might aim for the amygdala, just to see if anything interesting happens.
      I know he was being sarcastic with his contempt prior to investigation Actually activating the amygdala can be incredibly overwhelming in a dream. See how you go with the above, may take a few times to master but once you get it you'll be hooked. I haven't been here on DV for a while and I know we have had some crossed words in the past so I am sorry for that. A year of deep meditation has calmed me down a great deal. It is a pleasnt surprise to see you again.

DJ Entries
      I haven't been here on DV for a while and I know we have had some crossed words in the past so I am sorry for that.
      Have we? Don't be sorry for something I don't remember. I recall your valuable feedback to my transition from vibrations thread. (I think we might have argued on the nick newport issue? Being that, I think he's a jack ass)

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by nina View Post
      Have we? Don't be sorry for something I don't remember. I recall your valuable feedback to my transition from vibrations thread. (I think we might have argued on the nick newport issue? Being that, I think he's a jack ass)
      Yes you are correct but I have no desire to make a rebuttal What do you think of the technique. Would like to see what people think of the technique as it is incredibly simple yet very powerful?

D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      3D
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      I know legit science when I see it, and that website is some fuckin legit shit right there, I'm telling you.
      Have you ever, even once in your life, given an idea the benefit of the doubt before dismissing it? Have you ever, even once, experimented with a concept or exercise that hasn't been excessively verified? There's no danger is playing with doubt, you know.

Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.

DJ Entries
      Let us all know what you think of the technique Omnis if you decide to give it a try.

LD Count
      Lucid Now
      3D
      DJ Entries
      I can locate the spot but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how to tickle it. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much. My head feels much lighter though. And the long I focus on it, the wider that sensation becomes.

DJ Entries
      Remember you are just using your imagination and it is very easy to achieve. Once you have imagined the location of either amygdala you then need to imagine the feather inside your head tickling the front of the amygdala. If you haven't felt how a tickle feels from a feather then you need to find one to tickle your skin with its tip to understand how it feels. You just need to then imagine that tickling sensation on the amygdala. I find the results of this technique to be the best when you imagine a really strong tickling sensation. Hope this helps.

Expert LDer Affirmation!
      I find it difficult to imagine the sensation of anything deep inside my skull, just the outer bones and skin of where I touch. The only cool sensation I have achieved so far is sinking my fingernail a bit into the spot right between the eyebrows, then focusing on how that area feels, and it's like an intense opening/pinching effect. Like a lazer breaming out of my head in waves.
      DILDs: A Lot

LD Count
      Lucid Now
      3D
      DJ Entries
      Remember you are just using your imagination and it is very easy to achieve. Once you have imagined the location of either amygdala you then need to imagine the feather inside your head tickling the front of the amygdala. If you haven't felt how a tickle feels from a feather then you need to find one to tickle your skin with its tip to understand how it feels. You just need to then imagine that tickling sensation on the amygdala. I find the results of this technique to be the best when you imagine a really strong tickling sensation. Hope this helps.
      Wow... Just... Wow

Suffice to say it worked.

Lol, it reeeeaaaaally worked.

Now I can't stop laughing
      mcwillis, whiterain and DeathCell like this.

DJ Entries
      I had the same problem DeeryTheDeer but I was just overcomplicating it thinking that my imagination had to be more complex to be able to manipulate my brain. It really is incredibly simple. If you can imagine something inside a box then you can imagine something inside your skull. Treat this like a childlike game because it really is very simple.
      DeathCell likes this.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Omnis Dei View Post
      Wow... Just... Wow

Suffice to say it worked.

Lol, it reeeeaaaaally worked.

Now I can't stop laughing
      Awesome man . Intense regular practice of this is the next step. Neil Slade states that you can expect a frontal lobes 'Big Bang' in 3 to 5 years. Imagine what you experienced times one billion - that is what a 'Big Bang' is like.

LD Count
      Lucid Now
      3D
      DJ Entries
      I noticed instant resistance, like I could tell it could be much more intense than it was but it scared me a little and I shied away from its potential. It was like turning on a faucet then feeling the water coming and not expecting it and shutting the faucet off instantly just from the surprise, then realizing that water feels pretty damn good.

(Actually, it reminds me of DMT a little, only you can't stop the DMT once you put it in your system)
      DeathCell and Dthoughts like this.

Finding the way... Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      England
      DJ Entries
      Ican't do it I had the same problem when trying to stimulate sensations when trying to AP.

LD Count
      Lucid Now
      3D
      DJ Entries
      Now that I know how to do it, it's almost too easy for the positive effect it has. How can your imagination make you feel so wonderful?

DJ Entries
      Keep trying Arch. I hope you have read the little tips I have given in this thread. Yes it is fascinating Omnis. The amygdala's are connected to the olfactory nerves, hence why you feel good when you smell roses. Because our survival isn't dependant on our sense of smell as much as it would have 100,000 years ago we only partially use this part of our brain now. Activating the amygdala via the imagination that you did triggers a vast amount of electrical signals to be fired into the frontal lobes thus creating the great sensations and emotions of pleasure.

You guys do realize the page looks like it was made in the last century and tries to sell you crap at every turn, right? The cheap pseudo-science is just the cherry on top.
      KingVincent likes this.
      - Are you an idiot?
      - No sir, I'm a dreamer.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
      You guys do realize the page looks like it was made in the last century and tries to sell you crap at every turn, right? The cheap pseudo-science is just the cherry on top.
      There are over 2000 url's at that website with a lot of very interesting articles. The book he is selling contains over 11 years of research and findings and worth every piece of currency you use to pay for it. It isn't pseudo-science. Omnis Dei has proven today that it isn't.
      Last edited by mcwillis; 01-26-2012 at 05:24 PM.

If you say so.
      - Are you an idiot?
      - No sir, I'm a dreamer.

There are over 2000 url's at that website with a lot of very interesting articles. The book he is selling contains over 11 years of research and findings and worth every piece of currency you use to pay for it. It isn't pseudo-science. Omnis Dei has proven today that it isn't.
      Ah, so there should be lots of peer reviewed evidence in scientific publications then. Wait a minute...
      zoth00 likes this.

DJ Entries
      The website has received a great deal of positive response from psychologists and medical professionals. An article was published in the MENSA international journal concerning the work done at the dormant brain research lab. I know what pseudo-science means and technically Scatterbran is right but he was being so petulant I replied in the way that I did. Have you tried the technique yet? It is amazing.
      Last edited by mcwillis; 01-26-2012 at 05:42 PM.

I feel I should say I'm sorry my words made your butt hurt so. But I'll pass!

By the way, Mr. Slade also flaunts a fake phd. And I don't have time for this-
      - Are you an idiot?
      - No sir, I'm a dreamer.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast