• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 26
    1. #1
      Atoms United Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Jackson, Mississippi
      Posts
      12,647
      Likes
      885

      Is Glenn Beck for real, or is he acting?

      Is Glenn Beck a genuine news commentator, or is he just a show business man? I think he's just an actor, like they all are. Here's a piece of evidence to chew on.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUn-b...eature=related
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    2. #2
      not so sure.. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV Fully Profiled 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      dajo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      ca 25
      Gender
      Location
      Phnom Penh
      Posts
      1,470
      Likes
      178
      Glenn Beck is definitely not a genuine news commentator.

      What his actual motives are.. I don't know. Or if he actually believes the stuff he's saying.

    3. #3
      Atoms United Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Jackson, Mississippi
      Posts
      12,647
      Likes
      885
      I think his motives are the same as those of O'Reilly, Hannity, Matthews, Garofalo, Coulter, and Olbermann-- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I wouldn't be surprised if I found out they are all really good friends.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    4. #4
      Member YYNYM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      35
      Gender
      Posts
      357
      Likes
      36

      Bad quality, but WTF?
      Poster has a good discription:
      Dear Mr. Glenn Beck,
      You crossed a line with this weird and mean spirited diatribe against
      a bunch of kids playing cup stacking.
      I agree with the main focus of what you were trying to say; that the politically correct liberal left is causing harm to our educational system, our youth,and our nation.
      I am an ultra conservative George Washington type born again Christian.
      I watch Fox news and view their websites daily.
      I have been watching you semi regularly since you were on CNN.
      Kids have played with marbles,and all kinds of stuff over the years.
      Why is some "adult" viciously attacking them verbally ?
      You did not just attack cup stacking,or liberals wanting to give out trophies for breathing.You pointed your attacks against CUP STACKERS.
      You called them all losers to their face.
      You showed some of them in a video clip.
      What the hell is wrong with you?
      This was reprehensible.
      This was uncalled for.
      This was mean spirited.
      Was that something that your Mormon denomination,or Jesus Christ would approve of ?
      I have no kids.I have no dog in the hunt.
      I had misgivings about putting my thoughts on the internet.
      I do not want to hurt conservatism,or Christianity,or Fox news,or most of your causes.
      But,I am speaking up,because you have damaged these institutions somewhat with your callous misguided attack on thousands of innocent children.
      You should be ashamed.
      People should speak up when a TV or print commentator says something stupid.
      Just because I have been a fan of yours in general,does not mean I am going to blindly tow the conservative line,or agree with everything you say.
      Too many on the left and right are stupid sheep,and will not agree with differing opinions.
      I have not felt like watching your show since this March 22,2010 episode.
      This is the only way that you have hurt me.
      You let me down.
      I felt that someone needed to speak for these kids and their friends,schoolmates,and families,whether they be,or grow up to be, liberals or conservatives,Democrats or Republicans,spiritually saved,or as yet unsaved.

      "Hey teacher,leave those kids alone."
      I'm back!

    5. #5
      Atoms United Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Jackson, Mississippi
      Posts
      12,647
      Likes
      885
      Just in case anybody missed the YouTube link I posted (I posted it the old fashion way for surprise effect.) because of an assumption that I posted a typical Glenn Beck tirade...



      My point is that he literally is an actor.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    6. #6
      used to be Guerilla Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class Made Friends on DV
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>ChrissyMaria</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      LD Count
      2
      Gender
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      2,922
      Likes
      79
      Hes just a professional actor whose purpose it is to make libertarians and old school conservatives look like terrorists or 'extremists' or any other bad name.
      I would rather die on my feet then to live on my knees.

    7. #7
      Antagonist Invader's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Discordia
      Posts
      3,245
      Likes
      527
      It's ironic that the programs that satirize the news are the ones that do a better job of reporting it. Television is a circus.

    8. #8
      not so sure.. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV Fully Profiled 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      dajo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      ca 25
      Gender
      Location
      Phnom Penh
      Posts
      1,470
      Likes
      178
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      My point is that he literally is an actor.
      I think a little more acting would be neccessary to actually call him that.

      Although by my definition, if he does not believe what he's saying and is
      only in it for the money, I'd say he's acting.

    9. #9
      Worst title ever Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran Second Class Referrer Bronze
      Grod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      LD Count
      breathe for me
      Gender
      Location
      gliding in the absolute
      Posts
      3,550
      Likes
      192
      I've always thought all of those bros are actors. I mean, I would do it. Look at all the money he gets.

    10. #10
      used to be Guerilla Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class Made Friends on DV
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>ChrissyMaria</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      LD Count
      2
      Gender
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      2,922
      Likes
      79
      Why the heck not, he gets millions if I'm not mistaken every year, I hate MSM but I want cash :-)
      I would rather die on my feet then to live on my knees.

    11. #11
      Expert LDer Affirmation! DeeryTheDeer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      1,493
      Likes
      900
      Quote Originally Posted by dajo View Post
      I think a little more acting would be neccessary to actually call him that.
      Exactly. So many regular joes go out and have an experience being an extra. It rarely means anything.
      DILDs: A Lot

    12. #12
      Newbie louie54's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Gender
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      1,894
      Likes
      342
      I can't stand to listen to this guy for more than 5 minutes. I think his mission is to brainwash all his naive conservative/libertarian viewers. I mean if he's still on the air, people must actually be listening to him (facepalm). He gets his tea-party listeners all fired up about something ridiculous, then he gets paid!

      I feel sorry for the poor little people who actually listen to him Some of them are probably the same type of people who think that lucid dreaming is the devils work.

      Though, I have to admit, I like his studio. I don't know why.
      Last edited by louie54; 05-17-2010 at 07:40 AM.

    13. #13
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      4,997
      Likes
      576
      Being an extra on a show 20-30 years ago, hardly makes you an actor. For one being an extra is easy, and doesn't take tons of talent. And secondly it was so long ago, it would mean nothing today.

      Besides being an amusing fact that he was on the show, it has no relevance to anything.

    14. #14
      Atoms United Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Jackson, Mississippi
      Posts
      12,647
      Likes
      885
      Having been an extra on Cheers does not make him Robert De Niro, but Cheers is one of the most popular sitcoms of all time. They didn't let just anybody be an extra on the show. Glenn was one of the few people sitting at the bar in that scene, and to get that position took acting talent. Also, the fact that he was there shows what his aspirations in life were. Few people think, "Hmmm, I want to be a heart surgeon. However, I feel like trying out to be an important extra on the most popular television show in the entire world this week." People who try that stuff have aspirations to be big time actors. I think Glenn Beck became one.

      Quote Originally Posted by louie54 View Post
      I think his mission is to brainwash all his naive conservative/libertarian viewers.
      Quote Originally Posted by louie54 View Post
      I I feel sorry for the poor little people who actually listen to him Some of them are probably the same type of people who think that lucid dreaming is the devils work.
      I have never met a libertarian who thinks like that. However, a lot of Glenn's Republican viewers do. I love his points on economics, and I think he makes them extremely well, but he has majorly dissed atheists and pot smokers. I am both of those (though I keep trying not to be a pot smoker), and that is how he lost me as a fan.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    15. #15
      Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC Kuhnada29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Deeply immersed in the present moment
      Posts
      1,447
      Likes
      134
      Universal Mind, you forgot Alex Jones..that guy is the GOD of lieing
      <Link Removed> - My website/tumblelog

      “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

    16. #16
      Newbie louie54's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Gender
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      1,894
      Likes
      342
      I believe Glenn Beck admitted to being a libertarian not long ago. I'm not sure what it was exactly he was talking about though.

    17. #17
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2009
      Posts
      161
      Likes
      13
      Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
      Universal Mind, you forgot Alex Jones..that guy is the GOD of lieing
      how do ya figure? he is a bit of a fear monger but a liar?

    18. #18
      Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC Kuhnada29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Deeply immersed in the present moment
      Posts
      1,447
      Likes
      134
      Quote Originally Posted by poopman View Post
      how do ya figure? he is a bit of a fear monger but a liar?
      yes, a HUGE liar....he really is a fear-monger and a liar. I can't believe i used to believe in him,

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeuPU1agi98
      <Link Removed> - My website/tumblelog

      “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

    19. #19
      aka Pedobear chucklesx123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Gender
      Location
      You don't want to know
      Posts
      64
      Likes
      2
      i think he's kind of crazy, but he does love his country

      Edit: make that very crazy
      SIGPIC]/SIGPIC]

    20. #20
      Eat,Sleep,Breathe MUSIC Kuhnada29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Deeply immersed in the present moment
      Posts
      1,447
      Likes
      134
      yea, a die-hard patriot and a conservative (he doesn't like change).
      <Link Removed> - My website/tumblelog

      “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.” - Albert Einstein

    21. #21
      not so sure.. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV Fully Profiled 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      dajo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      ca 25
      Gender
      Location
      Phnom Penh
      Posts
      1,470
      Likes
      178
      Alex Jones and Glenn Beck both know exactly what they're doing. And they're
      good at it and will continue until people finally start thinking for themselves.
      There are quite a few more babbling heads on the news (or the web) that need
      to be either ignored or taken as nothing but social satire.

      The matter of the fact is that truth shouldn't need to be advertised as such and it
      doesn't matter which side the shouting is coming from. While it is undeniably true
      that mainstream media represents a poor, opinionated basis for information full of
      half-truths and irrelevance, trading it in for equally bias sources changes nothing.

      It's OK to not understand all of politics, it's OK to read about it without a made up
      mind, it's OK not to have an opinion on everything. People seem to have a tendency
      that pressures them to have it all figured out, yet in my book this is mostly a sign
      for a flawed grasp of the situation. And this, similarly to religion, blinds people
      into defending their opinion in disregard of any objective, versatile approach.

      But when it comes down to it, both Glenn Beck and Alex Jones have a very limited
      view of what is going on around them, or how complexe the clockwork really is and/or
      have a brilliant understanding of how to manipulate and guide people's minds.
      Last edited by dajo; 05-21-2010 at 12:54 AM.

    22. #22
      ポケット電卓の演算子 Kraftwerk's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      LD Count
      21
      Gender
      Posts
      1,216
      Likes
      178
      Well... I like him more than Oreilly but yeah, hes just an actor now. In the beginning, he was kinda real but now... no.
      And now.. for a Stephen Strutmeyer Film...
      http://i41.tinypic.com/2l86mc.jpg
      Interrogate Subconscious [] Throw Cars [x] Start an alternate life [] Alter the Gravity []
      Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post
      MY SPACESHIP IS GOING TO KICK YOUR SPACESHIP'S ASS.

    23. #23
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      4,997
      Likes
      576
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Also, the fact that he was there shows what his aspirations in life were. Few people think, "Hmmm, I want to be a heart surgeon. However, I feel like trying out to be an important extra on the most popular television show in the entire world this week."
      Actually that isn't true at all. I don't know about 30 years ago, but today, being an extra on tv or in a movie is very popular for part time jobs or to get quick money. I see tip sights all the time, saying if you need money be an extra on tv. You have to go through collage to be a doctor, and collage students always need money, as collage can be expensive. So the idea of a collage student being an extra as a part time job, is actually fairly common.

      You can not draw any sort of conclusion about him wanting to be an actor based on that.

    24. #24
      Wololo Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      Supernova's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      LD Count
      Gender
      Location
      London is drowning, and I live by the river
      Posts
      2,916
      Likes
      1044
      DJ Entries
      10
      Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
      It's ironic that the programs that satirize the news are the ones that do a better job of reporting it. Television is a circus.
      The Daily Show. The Colbert Report. End of story

      And yes, Glen Beck is an actor. Those people get paid big bucks for ranting about their conflicting views.

    25. #25
      Atoms United Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Jackson, Mississippi
      Posts
      12,647
      Likes
      885
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      Actually that isn't true at all. I don't know about 30 years ago, but today, being an extra on tv or in a movie is very popular for part time jobs or to get quick money. I see tip sights all the time, saying if you need money be an extra on tv. You have to go through collage to be a doctor, and collage students always need money, as collage can be expensive. So the idea of a collage student being an extra as a part time job, is actually fairly common.

      You can not draw any sort of conclusion about him wanting to be an actor based on that.
      I am not talking about somebody standing in the back of a parade audience or walking in a huge crowd down a sidewalk for a movie just to make some beer money. I am talking about being one of the very few people sitting at the bar on Cheers (not some stupid late night show on DirecTV channel 857 at the peak of its popularity) and acting like he was having conversations with people and participating in bar songs. They don't hire average Joes for that. It is a big time spot to be in, and it is very often the way in for big actors. It is like Cuba Gooding, Jr. sitting in the barber shop chair and saying nothing in Coming to America. No med student just trying to make a few extra bucks would have been sitting in that chair. Only for real actors can get gigs like that.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Best acting performances of all time?
      By CRAZY BONE in forum Entertainment
      Replies: 32
      Last Post: 05-16-2010, 10:09 PM
    2. acting out daydreams
      By changed in forum General Dream Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 03-29-2010, 10:26 AM
    3. Acting out in rem
      By topten35 in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 12-06-2009, 05:26 AM
    4. Tell me about ACTING
      By CRAZY BONE in forum Ask/Tell Me About
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 03-03-2009, 05:26 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •