• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 128
    1. #51
      Sleeping Early
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      774
      Likes
      221
      DJ Entries
      46
      I never said God would cause these things.

      Murder is killing with the intent of an impulsive desire to harm the victim. I'm not sure what that means to you, however, if God has the power to create universe, and if he he is a kind God, why would he decide to permit any form of killing?

      All the killers in the Inquisition believed that they were killing for God to preserve Catholicism, which is absolutely ridiculous. What are the plans for those murderers? Would they go to hell for killing innocent Jews, nonbelievers, and "witches", because the didn't believe in the Catholic church, because they committed murder? Or would they be honored for killing those who committed "blasphemy"?

    2. #52
      Designated Cyberpunk Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      142
      Do you believe in pain?



    3. #53
      BICYCLE RIGHTS Catbus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      LD Count
      thou, yea?
      Gender
      Location
      occupied east tennessee
      Posts
      1,518
      Likes
      95
      DJ Entries
      4


      White girl, you can ask her what the dick be like
      And monster madness doing drive-bys on a fuckin fixie bike
      Fuck it moron, snortin oxycontin, wearin cotton,
      Oxymoron like buff faggots playin sissy dykes

    4. #54
      Member MrBlonde's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      LD Count
      None
      Gender
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      594
      Likes
      60
      DJ Entries
      11
      Stop with the childish posts. I'm getting offended.

    5. #55
      BICYCLE RIGHTS Catbus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      LD Count
      thou, yea?
      Gender
      Location
      occupied east tennessee
      Posts
      1,518
      Likes
      95
      DJ Entries
      4


      White girl, you can ask her what the dick be like
      And monster madness doing drive-bys on a fuckin fixie bike
      Fuck it moron, snortin oxycontin, wearin cotton,
      Oxymoron like buff faggots playin sissy dykes

    6. #56
      Sleeping Early
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      774
      Likes
      221
      DJ Entries
      46

      Good night.

    7. #57
      Member MrBlonde's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      LD Count
      None
      Gender
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      594
      Likes
      60
      DJ Entries
      11
      Is this how all atheist act? I'll take note of this to never talk to one. Case in point my philosophy teacher.

    8. #58
      BICYCLE RIGHTS Catbus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      LD Count
      thou, yea?
      Gender
      Location
      occupied east tennessee
      Posts
      1,518
      Likes
      95
      DJ Entries
      4


      White girl, you can ask her what the dick be like
      And monster madness doing drive-bys on a fuckin fixie bike
      Fuck it moron, snortin oxycontin, wearin cotton,
      Oxymoron like buff faggots playin sissy dykes

    9. #59
      Sleeping Early
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      774
      Likes
      221
      DJ Entries
      46
      Why no. I am not an atheist, I am an agnostic.

      Apologies if I came off a little strong, no offense to you, but mainstream religion is flawed IMHO.

    10. #60
      Rational Spiritualist DrunkenArse's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Da Aina
      Posts
      2,941
      Likes
      1091
      How the fuck did an OP with nothing but an egregiously flawed argument go 2 pages in a few hours?
      Previously PhilosopherStoned

    11. #61
      Designated Cyberpunk Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      142

    12. #62
      Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Spartiate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Block 4500-7000
      Posts
      4,825
      Likes
      1112

    13. #63
      The i's are invisible. Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Mzzkc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      LD Count
      Meh.
      Gender
      Location
      Roomba Factory
      Posts
      2,315
      Likes
      1601
      DJ Entries
      178
      Quote Originally Posted by PhilosopherStoned View Post
      How the fuck did an OP with nothing but an egregiously flawed argument go 2 pages in a few hours?
      I blame me.

      Y'all should probably stone me now.

    14. #64
      Member Photolysis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,270
      Likes
      316
      Quote Originally Posted by PhilosopherStoned View Post
      How the fuck did an OP with nothing but an egregiously flawed argument go 2 pages in a few hours?
      I think going as far to call it an "argument" is actually insulting to all the other retarded posts out there.

    15. #65
      Be NOW Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      NonDualistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Quad Cities , Illinois USA
      Posts
      987
      Likes
      80
      DJ Entries
      21
      Atheism is more a paradox or an irony than a lie

      Signature work courtesy of Cloud

    16. #66
      ex-redhat ClouD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Posts
      4,760
      Likes
      129
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
      One can not disbelieve in being created. If you exist and believe you exist then you can't be a atheist.

      Existence has nothing to do with God, unless "one" decides that it does.

      Atheism has nothing to do with lack of belief in general, only lack of belief in deities, which as mentioned, is not synonymous with existence.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

    17. #67
      Once again. Raspberry's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      1,983
      Likes
      815
      DJ Entries
      88
      Age old question;

      Who the hell created god?

      And who created them?

      And who created them?

      And, um, who created them?

      Plus, if women were killed for having their periods, all women would be dead by now. We would have only children left. And oh wait, we wouldn't be able to reproduce because girls can only become pregnant after their second period, so I guess they'd be in hell by then. Jesus, having your time of the month's a bitch eh?

      What I want to ask god (if he were actually there), is why he created hate, fear, bloodlust and all that crazy shit in the first place.

      And DON'T say "Oooh... But he gave us free will! Man does the bad things!" Because if god created everything, then he created that too. It wouldn't have just popped up out of no where.

      And if satan made it, then god should have shot his ass by now and bloody fixed it because he can do anything, see anything, be anywhere, know anything right? Also, if it's to make us thankful for good times, then he should have just made us grateful all the time. That's what I would have done.

      I just really don't like the thought of someone in the sky making people so we can ass-lick him and tell him how brilliant he is.

      And as for the homosexual thing. He shouldn't have given some people the urge to get down and dirty with the same sex if he doesn't like it. Or maybe he does. Maybe he's sadistic and that's why gay people are told to die in the bible.

    18. #68
       Solarflare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Colony 9
      Posts
      4,452
      Likes
      1647
      DJ Entries
      67
      Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
      Hey hey now I'm not trolling. I feel I'm doing those who seem "scared" to speak against atheists a good deed. I suppose you can call me a activist. How is atheism any more believable then Christianity again?
      activism - a policy of taking direct and militant action to achieve a political or social goal

      ...... So what is your goal exactly????????????????????? >.> To prove us wrong? Cause you simply cannot win unless Jesus walks down here and kills me.

    19. #69
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,986
      Likes
      3079
      Man, I can't work out for the life of me if this is troll or funny or mentally retarded or all of the above.

      In any case, I know where this baby goes!

    20. #70
      Member Purebred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      LD Count
      Many
      Gender
      Location
      YouWontVisit
      Posts
      313
      Likes
      61
      DJ Entries
      5
      Every religion believes in the same shit, but in a different way.
      My opinion:
      *Lucid Dreams, OBEs, Astral Projections are one and the same.
      *There are no levels of lucidity. Quality changes if you apply some deepening.
      *Lucid Dreams do not last more than 20 minutes.
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/f12/purebr...ularly-127873/

    21. #71
       Solarflare's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Colony 9
      Posts
      4,452
      Likes
      1647
      DJ Entries
      67
      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      Man, I can't work out for the life of me if this is troll or funny or mentally retarded or all of the above.

      In any case, I know where this baby goes!
      THANK YOU!!!!!!

      hmm... i can't seem to find a thanks button under you're post

    22. #72
      Member Photolysis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,270
      Likes
      316
      Ah, it's back in R/S. Is this thread the ball in "forum pong"?

      (Oh and apparently moving threads messes up the thanks system).

    23. #73
      Member MrBlonde's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      LD Count
      None
      Gender
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      594
      Likes
      60
      DJ Entries
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry View Post
      Age old question;

      Who the hell created god?

      And who created them?

      And who created them?

      And, um, who created them?

      Plus, if women were killed for having their periods, all women would be dead by now. We would have only children left. And oh wait, we wouldn't be able to reproduce because girls can only become pregnant after their second period, so I guess they'd be in hell by then. Jesus, having your time of the month's a bitch eh?

      What I want to ask god (if he were actually there), is why he created hate, fear, bloodlust and all that crazy shit in the first place.

      And DON'T say "Oooh... But he gave us free will! Man does the bad things!" Because if god created everything, then he created that too. It wouldn't have just popped up out of no where.

      And if satan made it, then god should have shot his ass by now and bloody fixed it because he can do anything, see anything, be anywhere, know anything right? Also, if it's to make us thankful for good times, then he should have just made us grateful all the time. That's what I would have done.

      I just really don't like the thought of someone in the sky making people so we can ass-lick him and tell him how brilliant he is.

      And as for the homosexual thing. He shouldn't have given some people the urge to get down and dirty with the same sex if he doesn't like it. Or maybe he does. Maybe he's sadistic and that's why gay people are told to die in the bible.
      God wasn't created. Can you not understand that? Do you what context the "period killing" is actually in? I find it amusing how you all take it out of context constantly to make the religion look bad. Interesting question. I don't feel I'm in the position to.

    24. #74
      Member JussiKala's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Gender
      Location
      Finland
      Posts
      529
      Likes
      97
      DJ Entries
      21
      Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
      God wasn't created. Can you not understand that? Do you what context the "period killing" is actually in? I find it amusing how you all take it out of context constantly to make the religion look bad. Interesting question. I don't feel I'm in the position to.
      How did god come into existance?

    25. #75
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      828
      Why is this thread still here
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Boobs and atheism
      By Needcatscan in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 42
      Last Post: 12-16-2008, 12:07 AM
    2. Atheism is a cancer
      By dragonoverlord in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 47
      Last Post: 08-10-2008, 10:46 AM
    3. A critique of Atheism
      By TheUncanny in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 238
      Last Post: 06-17-2008, 09:31 PM
    4. Atheism
      By Howie in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 65
      Last Post: 04-05-2007, 07:44 PM
    5. Atheism
      By hellopotato in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 69
      Last Post: 02-28-2007, 04:04 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •