• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 86
    1. #1
      Always there just in time Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      kingofclutch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      California, USA
      Posts
      969
      Likes
      2

      8 Teenagers Beat Up 16 Year Old Girl

      You might have seen this video already. It is all over the news and the internet. It is about 8 teenagers who teamed up and beat up a 16 year old girl. Just watch the video. It is just disgusting that anyone would do this. Write what you feel about the incident.
      Last edited by kingofclutch; 04-11-2008 at 02:10 AM.

    2. #2
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      342
      Likes
      1
      I seen that on the news. Rather cowardice of them, especially since she wasn't even fighting back. It probably ruined their tape and reputation, because all it shows is them beating up a girl who isn't even trying to fight back. Personally though, if I had 8 people trying to beat me up, I wouldn't call the cops or anything... I'd take them out 1 by 1 the next time I seen them on their own... people are always alot weaker on their own than when in a big group.

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points
      Amethyst Star's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Atashermi
      Posts
      6,855
      Likes
      56
      I was watching the coverage on Fox News. Each and every one of them should be tried as an adult and sent to prison. Apparently the whole video is about 30 minutes, but they only showed about two minutes of it on TV.

      That's messed up. And on a related note, how stupid do you have to be to put that on video and fully intend to post it online?! Wow.

      EDIT: Now I'm watching this clip.... I like this guy!

      "If there was one thing the lucid dreaming ninja writer could not stand, it was used car salesmen."

    4. #4
      Always there just in time Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      kingofclutch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      California, USA
      Posts
      969
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by The Tao View Post
      I seen that on the news. Rather cowardice of them, especially since she wasn't even fighting back. It probably ruined their tape and reputation, because all it shows is them beating up a girl who isn't even trying to fight back. Personally though, if I had 8 people trying to beat me up, I wouldn't call the cops or anything... I'd take them out 1 by 1 the next time I seen them on their own... people are always alot weaker on their own than when in a big group.
      Yea, they probably wanted her to fight and it only would have embarrassed her if she fought back. I would have punched the one attacking me and ran to the back door or try to break a window or something. I would also break everything in the house or pick up a knife or something and threaten to attack any of the other girls if they came near or didn't let you out..

      Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst Star View Post
      I was watching the coverage on Fox News. Each and every one of them should be tried as an adult and sent to prison. Apparently the whole video is about 30 minutes, but they only showed about two minutes of it on TV.

      That's messed up. And on a related note, how stupid do you have to be to put that on video and fully intend to post it online?! Wow.
      Also, the teenagers had more video than they showed the police. Yes, they are very stupid for doing that. If they posted it on the internet, they probably would have gotten caught.
      Last edited by kingofclutch; 04-11-2008 at 02:37 AM.

    5. #5
      i'm super duper cereal kaeraz's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      the 10th dimension with dah super strings
      Posts
      217
      Likes
      2
      That is sick. Stupid girls. What happened to slumber parties?!
      "You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later."
      -Mitch Hedberg

      Kaeli's Dream Journal

    6. #6
      Member theSheep's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      141
      Likes
      0
      very sad...

      too bad she didn't know muay thai like ME! Hah!

      if that happened to me they would regret it deeply, or get their necks broken!
      Judo - a way of life

    7. #7
      Member wasup's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Posts
      4,668
      Likes
      18
      I agree with ame, I like the guy too.

      And I admire the dad, seriously. I mean, as someone who doesn't know anyone involved whatsoever, it makes me pretty infuriated and I would want to get "involved." That dad must have some serious restraint.

      I don't want to rant here about pacifism and using words here, but I'd just say that seeing this, if I ever have a daughter (or a kid at all) I would make sure to arm them with some serious pepper spray or stun gun/tazer at all times.

      Anyway, this is a really emotional subject and I hope these girls and guys (seriously, what type of guys would let this happen...) are in jail for a long, long time.

    8. #8
      When the ink runs out... Kushna Mufeed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,550
      Likes
      2
      This and the fact that I was trying to teach a girl who should be in Grade 12 fundemental algebra and finding out she can't multiply or divide make my faith in mankind drop significantly.

      Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777 View Post
      I am not sorry or empathetic whatsoever for saying that I believe the world would be much better off without people like you in it. Have a great fucking day.
      [broken link removed]The Dynamics of Segrival[/URL]
      Discuss Segrival here
      See my other [broken link removed]

    9. #9
      Haha. Hehe. Mes Tarrant's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2007
      Gender
      Location
      New Zea-la-land
      Posts
      6,774
      Likes
      31
      People are just really, really, really stupid. They should all get sterilized for added protection of future generations.

    10. #10
      Member theyearthreethousand's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      333
      Likes
      0
      As disgusting as this was I still think the girl should've tried to fight back.

    11. #11
      Member wasup's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Posts
      4,668
      Likes
      18
      Seriously, the yearthreethousand? If she had tried to fight back, do you think it would have helped diffuse and pacify the situation? Realize there were EIGHT of them on her. If she had landed any one punch, they would have beat her harder. They were telling her to fight back. Why? They wanted an excuse to beat her harder. Any "fighting back" would have been a very poor decision and simply would've escalated the situation. Honestly, what do you expect to result from her fighting back? Even if she managed to subdue one person (but considering how skinny she was and considering how everyone else was double her size, as well as the fact they were older and there were two guys), there were 7 of them waiting. If she had some sort of thing like pepper spray, that would be different. But with what she had, no.

    12. #12
      Always there just in time Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      kingofclutch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      California, USA
      Posts
      969
      Likes
      2
      Yeah, pepper spray is a good thing for teenage girls and women to carry around as it is a good source of protection and is easy to carry around. It also can't be dangerous to yourself like other weapons.

    13. #13
      ᏐrᏍ ᎢmᎹᏂᏍ Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Silver Veteran Second Class Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class
      drmrgrl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      LD Count
      30
      Gender
      Location
      Colorado Springs, CO
      Posts
      250
      Likes
      0
      DJ Entries
      3
      poor girl. crazy fights like these happen alot at my schools. no one takes video (that i know) but innocent people get lured into traps and then jumped. it makes me sick that she thought she was going to a friends house, where she thought shed be safe.

      thats horrible. i wish i could help her.

      Adopted By: Luminous


      Party Time!

    14. #14
      Alien grandpa! Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      Alovelyfeeling's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      The shire
      Posts
      107
      Likes
      3
      Thats just sick and dumb and just... gahh! i hate children and i hate media!
      and why did name the news clip "Girls gone wild!"
      *Goes back to being cynical*

    15. #15
      ᏐrᏍ ᎢmᎹᏂᏍ Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Silver Veteran Second Class Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class
      drmrgrl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      LD Count
      30
      Gender
      Location
      Colorado Springs, CO
      Posts
      250
      Likes
      0
      DJ Entries
      3
      oh so you hate me now thatnks
      just kidding.

      Adopted By: Luminous


      Party Time!

    16. #16
      Always there just in time Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      kingofclutch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      California, USA
      Posts
      969
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by Alovelyfeeling View Post
      Thats just sick and dumb and just... gahh! i hate children and i hate media!
      and why did name the news clip "Girls gone wild!"
      *Goes back to being cynical*
      They were trying to be funny by naming it girls gone wild, but it wasn't a good time to try to be funny.

    17. #17
      Member wasup's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Posts
      4,668
      Likes
      18
      Yep, pretty tasteless.

    18. #18
      Member theyearthreethousand's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      333
      Likes
      0
      It's a tricky situation but there is no way that I would take that shit from anybody. I would have either tried to bum rush them and leg it, or try and grab a vase or something to make them back off. I have been jumped by gangs before along with some of my friends who are pacifists - they did not fight back and got destroyed and bloodied, the rest of us who fought back had nothing more than a few scratches. This is not to say that my pacifist friends are weaklings (I am not the best fighter) as they decided they would rather be kicked in the face and risk potentially getting severely screwed up physically/mentally than hit back some low-life crack heads - I respect their choice but in these particular occasions I believe it is the wrong one.
      I am a very mellow and peaceful person, and I am not violent or aggressive; but you have to use your common sense and way up your options, learn to fucking fight, and defend yourself for goodness sake.
      Poor girl.

    19. #19
      Call me Dw Dreamworld's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Location
      The bottom.
      Posts
      977
      Likes
      1
      Its the kind of shit like this which makes me want to get off my ass.

    20. #20
      Member wasup's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Posts
      4,668
      Likes
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by theyearthreethousand View Post
      It's a tricky situation but there is no way that I would take that shit from anybody. I would have either tried to bum rush them and leg it, or try and grab a vase or something to make them back off. I have been jumped by gangs before along with some of my friends who are pacifists - they did not fight back and got destroyed and bloodied, the rest of us who fought back had nothing more than a few scratches. This is not to say that my pacifist friends are weaklings (I am not the best fighter) as they decided they would rather be kicked in the face and risk potentially getting severely screwed up physically/mentally than hit back some low-life crack heads - I respect their choice but in these particular occasions I believe it is the wrong one.
      I am a very mellow and peaceful person, and I am not violent or aggressive; but you have to use your common sense and way up your options, learn to fucking fight, and defend yourself for goodness sake.
      Poor girl.
      You think this is the same type of situation? Maybe if it were a gang where they didn't really want much trouble... but it doesn't take a lot of sense to realize that this was not the same thing. If she had started hitting that girl, the other girl would go in and hit her harder. Can you tell me what you think would happen if she started fighting? Do you think all eight of them would run away and say "Oh SHIT guys! 100 pound girl threw a punch! Ruuunnn!!". Even if she could fight... considering there were 8 of them, what did you expect to happen?

    21. #21
      Member theyearthreethousand's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      333
      Likes
      0
      The fight I mentioned is relevant because it was in an enclosed place (but outdoors) and each person was significantly outnumbered. If I was in that situation and people where taking turns hitting me like that I would have tried to do whatever I could to get out of danger, with an instinct to survive. Getting hit harder would be worth the risk imo. You would not know what would be in store next - rape, torture, death? To be quite honest before watching the full video and just reading the title I thought that the girl died due to the beating, it is what I assumed.

    22. #22
      Member wasup's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Posts
      4,668
      Likes
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by theyearthreethousand View Post
      The fight I mentioned is relevant because it was in an enclosed place (but outdoors) and each person was significantly outnumbered. If I was in that situation and people where taking turns hitting me like that I would have tried to do whatever I could to get out of danger, with an instinct to survive. Getting hit harder would be worth the risk imo. You would not know what would be in store next - rape, torture, death? To be quite honest before watching the full video and just reading the title I thought that the girl died due to the beating, it is what I assumed.
      Of course something could be worse, but as I said, she really had no chance to fight back, and fighting back would only lead to a certainty of more violence. The one person who WAS hitting her mostly was twice her size, not to mention there were 7 more people where that came from. Maybe considering as you feel that you are a guy who's pretty decent at fighting it's the same for her, but it's really not. For her to get beat up by them is like 7 super-buff guys to be on you all at once. They had said they wanted to simply teach her a lesson, it was obviously not to kill her.

    23. #23
      Always there just in time Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      kingofclutch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Gender
      Location
      California, USA
      Posts
      969
      Likes
      2
      I would probably not 'fight' back, but I would try and get away by maybe throwing a few punches or just pushing away.

    24. #24
      Member theyearthreethousand's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      333
      Likes
      0
      I do see your point wasup.

    25. #25
      Member dragonoverlord's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Gender
      Location
      not in spain
      Posts
      1,553
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by kingofclutch View Post
      Yea, they probably wanted her to fight and it only would have embarrassed her if she fought back. I would have punched the one attacking me and ran to the back door or try to break a window or something. I would also break everything in the house or pick up a knife or something and threaten to attack any of the other girls if they came near or didn't let you out...

      OMG thats what i would do too. I was watching a scence from when shes getting beat up and i see this big screen TV and im thining I hope she smashes that T.V. or atleast pushes it to the ground.

      It's amazing she was passive during the whole thing though, she must have the spirit of Ghandi!
      Last edited by dragonoverlord; 04-11-2008 at 04:21 AM.
      Some are born to sweet deleight
      Some are born to endless night

    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •