• 1 Post By OldBlue646
    • 1 Post By OldBlue646
    • 1 Post By NyxCC
    • 1 Post By OldBlue646
    • 1 Post By OldBlue646
    • 1 Post By NyxCC

Thread: OldBlue's Workbook

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1 year registered Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      Houston
      DJ Entries

OldBlue's Workbook

Lucid dreaming is ridiculously fun. Definitely want to make them more frequent.

Reality Checks

Previously: Checking hands

Currently: Pushing fingers through Palm, nose plug

Dream Signs

Fighting, Returning to high school,
      Being anywhere around my house,
      Driving my old car

Short Term Goals

Become lucid more often

Stay lucid longer

Increase the amount of control
      I have over my LDs

Long Term Goals

Explore different aspects of
      The dreamscape

Interact with DCs and study what
      my subconscious creates

Fly around(I've done this more times
      than I can count, I don't understand
      why this is still so fun.)

LD/ Dream Recall History

My first lucid dream was when I was
      four. I was in a yellow pod under water
      attached to a pulley system almost like
      A Disney carnival ride. I was with my
      "Girlfriend" at the time and I just
      Somehow realized it was a dream. I
      Turned to her and asked her if she knew
      she was in a dream, and she casually said
      No, and my persistence to let the DC know
      It was a dream woke me up.

My next lucid dream didn't happen until I
      Was 21 and a series of LDs happened where
      I tried to convince DCs they weren't real. This
      Ended with them brutally attacking me until I
      Woke up. They just got pissed when I told them
      They weren't real and one DCs eyes turned yellow
      And he just came at me with like 30 other DCs.
      The dream ended with me doing my best to
      Punch or stick as many in the face as I could, I
      Guess I felt that was my only option at the time.
      I had a lot of sleep paralysis too.

About 8 months ago I had a dream where I was
      Walking toward this one house and something
      Felt off. I checked my hands and I could tell I
      Was in a dream. I said I was in a dream out loud
      And everyone on the street disappeared. I figured
      Since it was a dream I'd test what I could do. I flew
      Straight up in the air and dark clouds started swirling
      Around me. I looked down and shot a giant wave of
      Lightning out of my hands. Amazed at the vividness, I
      Shot up into space trying to visit other planets, but when
      I got up there my mind portrayed light years of distance
      Between me and another planet. I decided to free fall back
      To Earth. I woke up shortly after almost not believing what I
      Had done. Ever since I've had 3 to 5 lucid dreams every
      Couple weeks.

Current Techniques

DILD

DEILD

WBTB

MILD

Auto-Suggestion

WILD, I was up for 30 hours once and
      Accidentally did one, haven't done one since

Using Isochronic LD beats
      Last edited by OldBlue646; 04-22-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      I've been going to sleep at 2 AM and wake up at 12. I've been setting my alarm for 630 to attempt a WBTB. I even took a B6 during my WBTB but no LDs. Does anyone have any suggestions to increase my chance of LDs?

Daily Reality Checks

-nose plug
      -push finger through Palm
      -check hands

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      Ok so I'm pretty pissed. I haven't had a LD in 3 days. I just took a nap to try to my last attempt at an LD. As soon as I figured out a false awakening for what was and became lucid, my alarm for school went off. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow night.

Dream Guide Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Hey Oldblue646, welcome to intro class!

Does anyone have any suggestions to increase my chance of LDs?
      My experience is that using wbtb with any induction technique increases chances to have lds. You can experiment with the lenght to see how long yields best results. You can read more about wbtb in post #104. Good luck!

http://www.dreamviews.com/intro-clas...ml#post2093395

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      So before I went to sleep I listened to the dream views podcast q & a #2, somehow the pillow case monster/ entity showed up in my dream but it was a little different.

I woke up 5 and 1/2 hours after I fell asleep and and took a B6 with a glass of apple juice, then attempted a WBTB. After falling back asleep I woke up two hours later and missed a chance at an LD. I was in a car accident in my dream, looked at my hands, and still went on with the dream. I woke up pretty upset. When I went back to sleep the second time it finally happened.

First LD experience after 4 days:

So I was non-lucid and in my dream. My friend Darrell and I were in a hotel and he found some girls we took out to this cabin/ gazebo on a lake outside the hotel. It turned into an X rated dream and and the girl asked me to go back in the hotel to shower (Her reason was that I smelled like another girl from a previous dream similar in nature). I go back to the hotel, I don't even remember if I showered or not, but I tried to go back to the cabin/ gazebo but I couldn't find it. I remember being frustrated that I couldn't find it and so I asked out loud why I couldn't find it. I finally realize the situation and said, "Oh, that's why I can't find it, I'm dreaming." After becoming lucid I fly outside the hotel toward this dock and my friend Darrell's on it. I land and said, "You down to fly back?" (Sorry for my one track mind.) He actually flys with me towards the cabin/ gazebo which shocks the hell out of me, I've never seen a DC fly. I make it to the cabin/ gazebo and apparently I flew so fast that Darrell disappeared. I'm hovering outside the cabin screen and see my friend Austin unfortunately. I go in the cabin/ gazebo to figure out why he was there. When I enter the cabin the pillow case type monster is trying to claw it's way into the cabin but it doesn't look how Ophelia described it. It was like a scarecrow without the straw hat. My friend Austin starts freaking out so I flew out of the cabin and hover next to this thing, and now it's using a chainsaw and almost fully through the screen of the cabin. It was weird. All of its attention was on my friend so I stick this thing in the face, it looks at me like wtf, I grab his chain saw, cut his head off then fly away. As I'm flying I remember the tasks of the month and slightly wake up, turn it into a DEILD and complete the tasks. Weird ass first lucid dream.
      NyxCC likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      New LD:

I had a false awakening in my room and all my lights were on. I had headphones on blasting classical music for some reason. I’m still not aware that it’s a dream. I “go back to sleep” with my lights on and transition into another dream. I’m in a construction yard working on this half built building and for some reason I’m smoothing out this sand/ dirt with a white towel (I guess my mind told me I was smoothing out the foundation?). I see a DC doing the same thing. I ask him what we’re supposed to be doing and he gave me an answer that didn’t pertain to my question. At that moment I check my hands, instantly know, then turn around and jump in the air. My flying wasn’t as smooth as it usually is so I know the dream was unstable and I had limited time to complete a task of the month. The half built buildings around me and all the sand on the ground remind me of a post apocalyptic world, perfect setting for a tornado. While looking in the distance during flight I shout “tornado”. Nothing happens. I shout it again and one emerges then quickly disappears. I start screaming tornado and after shouting it a few times this massive tornado appears. As I fly towards it I’m in awe of the detail. Instead of a funnel type it’s more like a massive cylinder. It was black, grey, and had electricity surging all around it. This thing is screaming from the wind cutting the air. I’ve never seen a tornado in person but this was incredibly realistic. For a better story I try to fly into this tornado, but as soon as I got remotely close it flung me back in the opposite direction, hurling me through the air like a rag doll. As I’m thrown through the air I almost transition into non-lucidity so I briefly wake up. I attempt a DEILD but my body was in an uncomfortable position so I woke up.
      NyxCC likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      Techniques:

DILD
      DEILD
      WBTB
      MILD
      Last edited by OldBlue646; 04-22-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Fantastic results Oldblue646, congrats on the lds and completing totms!

By the way, I would have been startled too to see a DC fly independently. Come to think of it, haven't seen one do it either. I took a guy once to lift off with me, which was pretty cool.

Edit: You can edit the first post in the workbook if you wish to update something there.
      OldBlue646 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      Thanks. Yea I'm not sure if he flew because I asked him so casually or what but it was still pretty shocking. I don't think this will happen but hopefully I never have an LD where the all the DCs can fly or even more crazy have powers. Probably not impossible but it seems unlikely. If I can complete the rest of the TOTMs and maybe a few TOTYs I'd like to study DCs more. If anything really interesting happens I'll definitely post what I find.
      NyxCC likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      My dream starts off in my room. I’m extremely tired and on the verge of falling asleep, but I need to go to the bathroom. I struggle to get out of bed. I do a nose plug and have myself convinced that my nose is stuffed so it’s not accurate. I barely get out my door and collapse by the stairs outside my room. At this point I’m crawling to the bathroom. When I finally make it to the bathroom it’s blocked by about six to eight chairs from my dining room. After moving the last chair that blocked the toilet, dust gets all over me and I’m pretty upset at this point. After using the restroom, I have just as hard of a time getting back to my room as I did going to the bathroom. When I make it back to my bed I noticed all of that took way too much effort.

I knew then I was dreaming. I slightly wake up so I stayed still and chained it into a DEILD. I start feeling heavy vibrations and peoples voices saying I don’t even know what, but I just reminded myself to stay cool and I’ll become lucid. I get through the voices and vibrations. Now that I’m aware I’m solely focused on the task of the month.

I walk through my room door, fly downstairs, walk through my front door and make it to the street. There are palm trees, plants, and flowers all over the place in front of all my neighbors’ houses. It’s almost like a jungle planted by a professional gardener. I try to summon a flower standing at a grill cooking burgers. I fail miserably. I walk down a cul-de-sac that intersects my street and approach a garden in front of one of the houses. I see a blue bonnet and a red flower (Maybe a red sage). I grab the blue bonnet with my left hand and the red sage like flower with my right and start pulling. As I notice them stretching I turn around and walk a couple houses down. When I turn around the flowers are twisted around each other so now I have this long, twisted red and blue flower rope that almost looks like DNA. I start whipping this thing around to see if anything interesting would happen. Nothing did, so I dropped it and had a false awakening. I felt like I completed the task but I go back outside anyways to try and alter more plants. One plant just had two big leaves and that was it. I stared at it and it the two leaves started growing at a rapid pace. I look at a palm tree but it doesn’t alter. I have a couple more false awakenings then unfortunately wake up for real. I’m really trying to make these TOTM stories interesting to read, but I’m still pretty new at LD control. Hopefully with more practice I can preset my intentions, come up with some awesome ideas, and bring them to life when lucid.

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      Hey NyxCC,
      I had a blast doing the TOTMs, now I really want to focus on dream control. In my first LD where I realized I could do anything, I was able to shoot lightning out of my hands like it was second nature. I haven't been able to do this since. I don't know if it's self doubt or what. Do you have any suggestions on how I can start having this control? I'm really tired of resorting to punching or finding things as weapons. I can summon simple things, but I want to be able to have any power or summon anything I want. Thanks for your time.
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Hey Oldblue646, once again congrats on the awesome task completion so far! There are few things I can think of to help improve dream control. First of all, it's important to get the opportunity to practice dream control as often as possible. If you pick a certain task like phasing for example (phasing =passing through solid objects) and do it often enough, you will become better at it. Also, dream control is about expecting something to happen, if you expect to be successful, you are more likely to be able to complete a certain action. It's important not to be disappointed if something doesn't work on the fly but keep trying and also maybe figure alternative ways of doing it.

In addition, it helps to "upload" certain skills like super powers so to speak from real life media. You can watch tv series like heroes, manga series or play games that have cool effects. This will help you become more familiar with whatever super power you want to use. You can also try visualising yourself do a certain dream task during the day and even rehearse for lds.

Here are a few tutorials too:

Dream Control Tutorial - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-cont...m-control.html
      OldBlue646 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      Yea NyxCC, the DCs having powers happened again.
      Wtf ld?? - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      That was a pretty cool ld, with the glass city and the monk shooting lighting! If he shows up next time, you can team up with him and learn to do even cooler stuff.

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      Haha yea, I should ask him for pointers(If he ever shows up again).

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      So I took your advice on referencing media. It worked pretty well. I also practiced stabilization techniques.
      Dream Control - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Well done! You are already a lightning master!
      OldBlue646 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Houston
      DJ Entries
      I love boxing and sparring people but I don't know if I'm that violent of a person. Are you good at destroying DCs? I know I can fly away or turn around and they'll disappear, but I kind of want to use the lightning to get rid of hostile DCs, especially when 100 or more are viciously chasing me. How should I go about this?

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I used to fight DCs in earlier lds, those were actually mainly triggered by aggressive DCs too. Nowadays, I try to avoid confrontation because I don't want to waste ld time fighting, plus destroying DCs by painful means isn't really my thing. If someone is chasing me I try to face them and change my attitude so that they become good. You can try hugging them, when this becomes a habit it will work easier. If not in mood for hugs then just the thought that they are friendly might work.

Also, another great way to deal with any sort of entity is to simply ignore it and focus on another task. Since they need your attention in order to exist they will vanish as soon as you forget about them. Other ways you may experiment with - you may erase them from the landscape, scare them or become invisible, or use any other super power you can think of.