• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree4Likes
    • 2 Post By Conscience
    • 2 Post By Dthoughts

Thread: O.B.E Questions Help. New

Lurker
      TBA

O.B.E Questions Help. New

I've had out of body experiences since I was a baby... My mom and I had a conversation when I was 5 and she questioned how I knew about a movie that had just come out b4 I was born...
      Is that even possible???
      I'm barely putting things together now(sad).
      I started having prophetic dreams in high school but don't remember o.b.e... but I still believed in something greater then me!
      Now at this point of my life I realized I've had all these since I was young or could remember. 1)O.B.E, 2)Prophecy and 3)Lucid Dreams... There might night be a difference to you all in these three but to me there is that's why I seperated them.
      I can also see... well demons in some people.
      I guess what I'm asking for is to find people like me... Or someone to help me enhance these gifts. I know this might sound all crazy to you guys but I feel a great force of energy inside me trying to get out or be controlled.. Help...!

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      An OBE isn't really something mystic, even though some people think it is.
      it's like a weird combination of daydream and dream, while you're in some kind of trance-state.
      I never had an OBE but I read about it and talked with my dad about it since he had an OBE

I have to think of the shining by Stephen King (idk if you've read it)... I personally think you're probably just very imaginative and you're a natural lucid dreamer
      Maybe you're having false prophecy as well, but you just remember the right ones... that's called selective memory and that's also the reason why you often think you're always in the longer line at the super market
      it seems to you that it's always that way, but actually you only remember the times it was like that and simply forgot the incidences in which it was false.

about the demons: I also have that. I don't know why you have it, but I have it because I have a Psychosis due to a mental illness, it's not something mystic. Some people claim such things are mystic, but you can't prove that... however, you can prove with science that such things are simply caused by abnormalities in your brain.

I hope I could help
      Dthoughts and AlexaMtz like this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      A few
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
      An OBE isn't really something mystic, even though some people think it is.
      it's like a weird combination of daydream and dream, while you're in some kind of trance-state.
      I never had an OBE but I read about it and talked with my dad about it since he had an OBE
      I do not mean to offend here but.. I don't see how you can make such a concrete statement about OBE and then saying you never had an OBE yourself. That doesn't add up to me.

As for psychosis. You can indeed not really prove that such a thing is "mystic" whatever that means. But the mechanics of a psychosis as far as I know is far more complex than abnormalities in the brain. Excuse my speculation here but it is my honest opinion that it are the moments that preceed a psychosis that are the prime cause and not the mental illness that is associated with it. Whenever one is "in" a psychosis that might be in part explained and fixed by medicinal science. But again here my honest opinion, whatever drug that is used to counter that psychosis can never actually deal with the psychological issue that got a person into a psychosis in the first place. I hope you don't take offense, honestly don't mean to start a thing here or anything.

A crazy belief system might be a trigger for psychosis so I do advocate safety. And i'm not educated it is just a humanitary position of mine. As for finding like-minded people for OBEs. Just read Robert Monroe's books on the subject and maybe visit a Hemi-sync session or OBE workshop if you have the cash. If you dont'wish to spend any money then you could Always spend more time on this forum and ask more specific questions if you wish to have any more advise! Good luck.
      kadie and Conscience like this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I'm sorry if my post sounded stupid... actually that's why I admitted that I never had an OBE: don't take what I say too seriously.. it's just my opinion and my impression of it from what I've read and what my father has told me when he had one. I hope I didn't upset you with that.
      I would still say nothing of this is supernatural. And this is a personal opinion. I like being more skeptic about such things

I wouldn't talk further about psychosis, just because this isn't the topic of this thread...

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      A few
      DJ Entries
      Sorry! you have not upset me at all. I just felt like giving my own opinion since it differed from yours. Actually, the reason i responded in this way was because i thought ur post was well thought-out and intelligent. If anything, it seemed to me like you where stating things as if they are absolutely true rather than personal opinion.

If i sounded harsh that is simply because I am passionate about the subject. The only point I really tried to convey was to keep the mystic explanation open for further investigation. That's all.

It seems to me that being able to see demons around people might have something to say about underlying psychological states in that person from what I gathered. That is a fairly mystic explanation. But more concrete than any conventional (new-age) theory that assumes spirits and angels are lingering around other people. Robert Monroe briefly mentions this subject in his OBEs as well.

But to be completely honest here. You might be right as well and seeing demons has nothing mystical about it at all and simply has to do with one's own psyche. This would mean that this is not some kind of outer-body sixth sense type of thing. But I would rather keep both options open for myself.