• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Adrenaline Rush at Will?

Lurker
      It’s so interesting to read many of the posts on this forum. I’ve been doing something similar for 30 years and have yet to meet anyone who knew what I was talking about. I stumbled on this site by Googling endorphin and serotonin releases at-will. Maybe it’s adrenalin—I don’t know. Maybe it’s none of them. I can make the “rush” feeling happen anytime….sitting, standing, laying down. It doesn’t matter. I can be in a good mood or a bad mood. The effect is the same. I once had pneumonia and did it. I don’t prepare by relaxing, imagining anything, or doing anything else. Unlike some, I’ve never experienced unusual strength as a result of doing it or feelings of tiredness, and afterwards feel the same as before I did it. There is a brief period afterwards, measured in second or so, in which my body seems to “reassert itself” if that makes any sense. I’ll try my best to describe how I do it. There’s a sense that I squeeze something in my head, somewhere behind my ears and near the base of my brain. The feeling occurs instantly and undulates from my head to shoulders, down my back, down my chest, and to my groin. I feel my muscles kind of spasm as if shocked and I want to close my eyes. My perception is it undulates like waves down my upper body. If that’s accurate, it happens very quickly. The feeling is intense and pleasant, but lasts for a mere few seconds before diminishing. I have on occasion kept doing it but it required continuous “squeezing of the brain” each time so that the feeling pulsed through my body. I don’t think I could do anything in the seconds that it’s happening in my body because…I don’t know. I’ve never tried and it just doesn’t seem like I could. It requires, for me, single minded concentration, I think. To me, it’s just always been this thing that I could do. If there are tangible benefits or harmful effects, I don’t know what they are, but it’s interesting to hear of others who do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Max77 View Post
      It’s so interesting to read many of the posts on this forum. I’ve been doing something similar for 30 years and have yet to meet anyone who knew what I was talking about. I stumbled on this site by Googling endorphin and serotonin releases at-will. Maybe it’s adrenalin—I don’t know. Maybe it’s none of them. I can make the “rush” feeling happen anytime….sitting, standing, laying down. It doesn’t matter. I can be in a good mood or a bad mood. The effect is the same. I once had pneumonia and did it. I don’t prepare by relaxing, imagining anything, or doing anything else. Unlike some, I’ve never experienced unusual strength as a result of doing it or feelings of tiredness, and afterwards feel the same as before I did it. There is a brief period afterwards, measured in second or so, in which my body seems to “reassert itself” if that makes any sense. I’ll try my best to describe how I do it. There’s a sense that I squeeze something in my head, somewhere behind my ears and near the base of my brain. The feeling occurs instantly and undulates from my head to shoulders, down my back, down my chest, and to my groin. I feel my muscles kind of spasm as if shocked and I want to close my eyes. My perception is it undulates like waves down my upper body. If that’s accurate, it happens very quickly. The feeling is intense and pleasant, but lasts for a mere few seconds before diminishing. I have on occasion kept doing it but it required continuous “squeezing of the brain” each time so that the feeling pulsed through my body. I don’t think I could do anything in the seconds that it’s happening in my body because…I don’t know. I’ve never tried and it just doesn’t seem like I could. It requires, for me, single minded concentration, I think. To me, it’s just always been this thing that I could do. If there are tangible benefits or harmful effects, I don’t know what they are, but it’s interesting to hear of others who do the same!
      It is great to hear your description. As I read it I realize it is more accurate than the way I have described it. I hadn't considered that yes, there is the smallest of moments where there is a sense of eyes closing, or focusing. You did very well here and yes, I too have the odd sense of squeezing something inside head but at same time, surely I have no squeezing sense. Also, while I sense it up top, I think it is my understanding of endocrine that still makes me consider I am squeezing my adrenals. What stuns me most is the instantaneous nature of it. I actually action this systemically in less than 1 second.

From time to time over the years I will try to look up some information and see if there is anything new out here. I only ever find young kids discussing this material and while I feel kinda bad for them, I have no advise so I refrain from commenting. Now I would like to see if I can produce any consensus, or perhaps attract someone knowledgeable or research inclined. The great accessory issue I have regarding this is I have an intuitive sense that this ability is most definitely married to something very important, very significant; it is not overturning cars, it is not telepathy, it is OBE, but I just have this feeling. I wish there was a way I could learn basic things about the others who have this in order to start processing common traits, or commonalities that we have. But for now, thanks.

Okay, over the past 24 hours I have been contacted by 4-5 people. I am not sure how to proceed but for my interests I am tired of visiting the internet every few years and searching for others who have a similar story. It is done. I know your out there now. Now I need to find out what we have in common. Grossly, socially, I can figure that out. I suspect there is nothing observable that distinguishes us as having common traits. But I think I would like to find a way to explore that. I would like to find a way to maybe do a survey. I dont know how to setup site, page, survey, or as another suggested, Facebook. But I believe if others keep visiting these pages over the years also looking for some explanation then they must have some ideas of how to proceed.

I will go to a hospital in the next week or two in SE Asia, where I live. I will order two panels of Catecholamine Blood titers. I will have blood drawn first as baseline, then I will return one hour later and have blood drawn 30 minutes after I "do it." These hormones have very short 1/2 life. If we can establish that this is in fact catecholamine we are a long way toward understanding the mechanism of action. I will post here, I suppose. Wish us luck.

Deuteragonist Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      >50, <150
      Sussex
      This feeling that dissipates down the spine, are you sure it's not a form of the pilomotor reflex? That feeling that can be induced by music, fear, etc? Feels almost like a spreading of electrical signals? It makes you feel pumped.

It seems to be in contrast to ASMR. The fuzzy, fizzy brain-gasm that seems to activate the parasympathetic nervous system and relax you.

If a person can control their Adrenal "dumping," they know it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
      This feeling that dissipates down the spine, are you sure it's not a form of the pilomotor reflex? That feeling that can be induced by music, fear, etc? Feels almost like a spreading of electrical signals? It makes you feel pumped.

It seems to be in contrast to ASMR. The fuzzy, fizzy brain-gasm that seems to activate the parasympathetic nervous system and relax you.
      Am I sure this is not a form of...? Yes, while piloerection is often triggered concurrently, this phenomena is not induced by music, fear, or etc. This is only induced by one lever- intention! Period! Today I decided to use this forum to chart my first real attempt to figure this out. It is my hope I can discern what is common about those of us who have this, while also chasing my medical diagnosis.

Today I met with Endrocrinology for a walk in at a Bangkok Hospital. (That is nice about Asian medical systems; if you have money you can order your own labs and tests- to a point).
      I needed to first make sure they could order the test I need. Good thing my fiance is both Thai and a doctor. They assured us they could and handed me a simple form to fill out. No, I thought. Too easy; too fast. Instead of filling out the forms I pushed back- Catecholamines! HUH? Just as I thought. It turned out to be a test they could order but they thought I wanted anti-aging hormone profile. Good. Time to meet with the doc.
      In short, once we agreed the test could be ordered I reasoned he needed to see "it." So, he placed fingers on lateral radius to obtain pulse. When I asked if he had a regular rhythm, I then told him hold on- I watched his face. "Ok, now I will bring it down..."
      I watched him trying to reconcile with the clock on the wall, but he gave up the next time.
      "Now I will bring it up..." His face turned to me with a degree of shock, but I was aware he was looking to check my breathing, or some other artifact that enabled this. I was sure to keep my hands visible and speak slowly the entire time.

He described some tumor that people get that does this very thing, spontaneously. But I don't do this spontaneously; it only happens when I want it to- Always! Only! He conceded he had not seen this before and we discussed the test. Instead of the one or two blood tests over 24 hours he felt it better to test with a urinary collection over the entire 24 hours. Literally, all urine over this period to detect various metabolites (secondary products; like fingerprints of the catecholamines). Oh, and he felt it would be wise to do blood test for TSH, which I did. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone has some fairly specific and common signs and symptoms; I don't have any of them, as I pointed out. But because I do not know what the hell I have, and he was helping me with his Rx #, I elected to help him help me and did this test too.

So, if any of you have read previously, I am on track to explore this "thing." The doc injected that the next step would be adrenal imaging.

Why is it that many of us use as a description "squeezing" and mostly refer to inside the head, where there are no pressure sensors? Not only do we frequently describe as such but we mostly all concede we think it is actually in the adrenals where "this" is happening. Do we have a sense that it is around the kidneys, or are we just adding this because our preliminary snooping informs us it is likely from this source?
      What a weird observation for so many non medical people to have in common. However, ACTHrH (releasing hormone=hypothalmus) and ACTH (Adrenocorticotrophic hormone=anterior pituitary gland hormone), and of course their target is the adrenal gland- the pituitary adrenal axis (this is a negative feedback system for those interested). There are clearly two components located in both places, head and adrenals.

The doc indicated Adrenal imaging next but I would also see about Pituitary imaging as well (and pineal). I suppose the step after that or concurrently would be EEG static or with some real time imaging. I suspect much will depend on how high my levels are for the urinalysis; which takes one month to get results. Tomorrow I have to do this "thing" all day; I will be smoked or stroked- You know what I mean.

Lastly, I struggle to discern what might connect us but I know so little about anyone. However, we are on a Lucid Dreaming site. Are you guys/gals prone to lucid dreaming and related phenomena, or have you stumbled here secondary to a web search on adrenaline control? Just curious. I suppose, for lack of a better standard, I wish I knew at least the personality profile of those who have this. For example, I have taken the online Briggs Meyers Personality Inventory and while my results are specific the TYPE also says nothing personal about you.
      I am INFJ.

I am just fishing for connections. For those of you who participate but dont have this, thanks. You know if you do. It is odd, but not a blessing. There is no super powers associated with it. I know, I tried! But I actually do believe it related to the ability to lucid dream.

Thanks for looking into this! I am very interested in what you find out.

I'll give my description of this phenomena which will hopefully help people figure out if we are all talking about the same thing. I heard people refer to "squeezing" of some region in the head. While I can understand why they would choose the word "squeeze" I wouldn't say that the action is localized at any part of the body in particular. When people ask me how I do "it" I just say that this is like asking someone how they move their hand. It's nearly impossible to describe, you just move your hand and it moves. The sensation itself seems to focus at the lower back. I can continue other activities while doing this, however, depending on how hard I am trying, sometimes I can feel parts of my body shaking slightly from the effort. I have measured dramatic increases in heart rate (this is the only relevant quantity I could think of) from a resting HR of 70-75 to 180+ over several seconds. I have also noticed dilated pupils and slightly dulled pain, although it's impossible to verify the latter isn't some placebo effect. This sensation isn't similar to any autonomic-induced feeling such as that which occurs when I am moved by music which results in a tingly feeling more on the surface of my spine.

I have experienced lucid dreams before occasionally, but I think most people have at some point. Also, it's hard to tell if someone is predisposed to lucid dreaming since even if they frequently become aware of their dreams they still have to remember it the next morning (from what little I know about the subject). I have however experienced sleep paralysis numerous times which I'm told is related to lucid dreaming.
      Last edited by cc171745; 04-10-2014 at 05:07 AM.

So, for those present now and those who come later, today is the day I conduct my test. I am one hour into it and already bouncing off walls- kinda! I have to do this "thing" on and off all day to increase the likelihood of the urine collecting the evidence we are looking for. I am looking for the smoking gun that this is a sympathetic dump, as i call it. I have to pee in a special container via a cut out one liter water bottle. Why? Because there is Hcl Acid in the gallon container and when I pee in it the urea mix makes some noxious gas come out. I certainly cant touch my body to the rim of the container. I should really take a picture. The skull and bones and Thai script a little creepy. Ah, what I do for you guys!

SleepAddict Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Maastricht, Netherlands
      @Arjun

Thanks for your PM, I'm paying attention again.

It could be catecholamines yes, but I think direct nerve innervation is more likely. For me personally the feeling spreads too far instantly to be blood-delivered (e.g. fingertip buzz). In addition my muscles slightly contract.

Question: how do you bring it down? I can only bring my heartrate up, and give myself goosebumps...

Hormones and/or direct innervation

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDeemian View Post
      @Arjun

Thanks for your PM, I'm paying attention again.

It could be catecholamines yes, but I think direct nerve innervation is more likely. For me personally the feeling spreads too far instantly to be blood-delivered (e.g. fingertip buzz). In addition my muscles slightly contract.

Question: how do you bring it down? I can only bring my heartrate up, and give myself goosebumps...
      ChrisDeemian- I am glad you are here. I have read everyone of your posts and your comments are smart, to the point, focused, and informative. Thanks.

I have been doing "this" all day and have observed even further elements I had not noticed before.

I have issues with the hormone alone concept because the systemic effects are near instantaneous. Without question it is less than one second; less than one second and heart is racing. Some have noted that for flight or fright to be useful it must be that fast, but I too have difficulty buying that. When another has noted that adrenals need releasing hormone it becomes further dodgy because the issue is not just the pituitary-adrenal axis but the hypothalamus pituitary adrenal axis, potentially; and it becomes dubious that this could happen so fast. Having said this, the results of this catecholamine test over 24 hours will definitively detect catecholamines and their metabolites. After that I suppose an EEG, imaging, or ideally the two at same time.

Just an hour ago I realized my fingertips "tingled" while holding my hands as if a ball were present in front of my navel. I am also trained in acupuncture and medical qigong and while I have variously attempted to enhance my needling, I have never used this for medical qigong, or even my own NeiDan. I will now begin examining this as well.

I have only ever been able to go up first and not go down directly. Regarding vision: I realize my vision does not actually decrease. My periphery vision decreases but I have a cone of enhanced vision in the center. I know this for sure because I am now of age to need reading glasses. As I mentioned before, I may also smell differently; I think this is due to the apocrine glands being employed, whereas we usually sweat via different glands. I realized the smell years ago. (I had occasionally done this around women imagining the pheromones might trigger their interest in me. I am sure we have all done things to figure this out).

I have prepared a questionnaire which I would ask people to fill out. I don't know how to do this on a site like this, collect the information, and reach informal conclusions. If anyone is interested, would like to review the questions, knows how best to collect the information, please advice. Thanks.

PLEASE TAKE OUR SURVEY on Voluntary Control of Adrenaline, Heart Rate, Sympathetic System

Hello

Another member and I have created a survey (when given permission I will include his name). We are in new territory here so be patient, take the survey, and please add observations or questions that are relevant and helpful. It is hoped this information will augment the various medical tests that are currently being conducted.

This is a survey for people who have a definite ability to control their adrenaline= heart rate, blood pressure, and other sympathetic organs instantaneously. This is not for people who can achieve this by meditation, breathing, emotional thinking, or other lever; this is instantaneous, like "moving a hand." We are committed to sharing all useful information with everyone so that you may finally know what this "thing" is:

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=lxkp91z7kx6ezyi342919

Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      >50, <150
      Sussex
      Why do you believe it's related to the ability to lucid dream?

Often raising heart rate through excitement within (e.g., sex, fear, tasty food) results in a collapse of the dream scape and a return to reality. I've had enough lucid dreams where this holds true.

I can instantly give myself a shiver down the spine and goosebumps. That's about it. I can also voluntarily constrict my pupils, but not dilate them.

I am INTP.
      Last edited by Wolfwood; 04-12-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Who looks outside, dreams;
      who looks inside, awakes.

- Carl Jung

arjunadawn and I created the survey, I will post the results in a Google docs spreadsheet in the next few days.

The connection with lucid dreams is interesting since I have also had them occasionally, but keep in mind over 20% of the population experiences them. Not to mention most people who visit this forum are aware of lucid dreaming. Personally, I find it hard to connect lucid dreaming, which I would assume is related to higher brain functions, to control over a process which is normally involuntary. Your theory is interesting, but most of the lucid dreams I have had were not frightening or exciting in any way. They were the blandest ones where I had time and the presence of mind to look around and realize that something wasn't right.
      Last edited by cc171745; 04-12-2014 at 02:33 AM.

I had generally tried to steer clear of areas of my experiences where I really have to stretch to connect the dots, or inject imagination to further the links. Yet there is a strange occurrence of mine which does involve lucid dreaming, or the body asleep mind awake state.

Until the early 90s I had only a few experiences that might now be called OBE. In 93 I had a profound experience OBE and this sent me searching. I then devoured some of Bob Monroe's books wherein he said certain things that no one could have known had they not had the same experience. I decided to nurture and cultivate whatever it might be so I would have more events like this (generally, I only had a few similar events since). However, on multiple occasions (while using hemisync binaural and not) I had an experience that I tied then and now to adrenaline or related.

My body was asleep and I was totally awake. I could feel my breathing very slow, deliberate, sleeping-like. I was aware of people in the neighborhood outside, mowing lawns, a car horn far away. This was the place from where began the lucid dreams, when I had them. Then... I begin to fall. It is slow at first but it is exhilirating as it picks up speed. I am falling. I also described the feeling in my book as "micro tearing;" No, I am uncertain why but intense vibration may be more accurate. But falling, yes. Faster and faster. My heart races and even though I am now falling in darkness, am totally unafraid, I consider my heart will explode. I actually consider that lying here on this bed right now, if I continue, this is where they will find me dead. Was I prepared to die? It seemed just considering this ended the moment. Later, in reading these various books, something vaguely similar is discussed and it is asserted that one should not be afraid at all, that fear is what ends the moment. I decided I would have no fear and just "go for it."

The sense of falling was as real as any awake state I can know and its exactness to dumping my adrenaline was remarkably similar. I had the sense of impending waves, increase momentum, heart rate increasing, and other inexplicable things that make the association obvious to me. Over the next years I continued to do this, hungry and eager to get through this to whatever lies... I dont know, beyond the fall? I would increasingly have this happen but not every time fall, many was just entering some lucid dream state where I describe it as fingerpainting with my dreams. But the falling, when it happened, still had me fearing as the fall, the heart rate, seemed to reach a cresendo where I thought I would explode. Yes, thought. It seemed all my thoughts were always deliberate, unafraid, clear, and like an observer; "If I continue I will die. I will be found dead here and they will say I suffered a stroke or heart attack, and no one will know this amazing..." so went the thoughts that ended the falling.

Over time, and numerous years in shitholes like Iraq and Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, elsewhere, I lost the ability to do the falling. Occasionally I still try and tell myself its time to get back into that exploring, but I have not done it lately. Without question, I associate the sense in the mind awake body asleep state of "falling" exactly to the awake state feeling when I do "this thing."

Thank you for allowing me to share. Insofar as this jumps considerably into the wholly subjective areas of our life, I worry how managing this information from many of us would contribute, or detract, from figuring out what we have.

LD Count
      >50, <150
      Sussex
      Quote Originally Posted by cc171745 View Post
      arjunadawn and I created the survey, I will post the results in a Google docs spreadsheet in the next few days.

The connection with lucid dreams is interesting since I have also had them occasionally, but keep in mind over 20% of the population experiences them. Not to mention most people who visit this forum are aware of lucid dreaming. Personally, I find it hard to connect lucid dreaming, which I would assume is related to higher brain functions, to control over a process which is normally involuntary. Your theory is interesting, but most of the lucid dreams I have had were not frightening or exciting in any way. They were the blandest ones where I had time and the presence of mind to look around and realize that something wasn't right.
      That's my point. If you were to experience excitement or fright during a lucid dream, it would usually quickly end due to a change in breathing. One of the most reliable ways to end a lucid experience is to deliberately change your breathing frequency.

It makes complete sense that most lucid dreams would have time and presence with little enduring excitement.

- Carl Jung

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      a vivid few
      Earth
      DJ Entries
      I have also had this...ability, or whatever you want to call it, since I was a kid. I can make this rush of energy or adrenaline-like feeling (I've never known what it is), rush from near the base of my spine, right near those two dents in your lower back. Like others, I can "pulse" it anytime, it lasts for a second, then goes away. When I would just be in bed trying to LD or OBE or just meditating, it gets so much stronger. I can pulse it more often in a shorter amount of time and for longer periods of time. When I do pulse it, my heart rate goes way up, or feels like it pauses for a moment, then has to beat a lot faster to catch up. I've noticed also that as soon as I activate it, I stop breathing for a moment or two, which is really distracting when I try to keep it going. I'm glad others seem to be experiencing the same symptoms of this...whatever it might be.

I didnt question it when i was younger, but as i looked into different areas of meditational peactices and dogmas, I've always believed it to be energy stemming from the root chakra. Looking into disciplines that deal with meditations, there is common reference to the chakra at the base of the spine is where our pool of energy arises from. But, as to the physiology of it, I would love to know what's going on in the body during this.

Lurker
      Hi everyone

I found this site on google when i was searching about adrenaline and any type of control of it.
      (i actually dont lucid dream, i have states where im half awake half sleeping though.. kinda stuck feeling)

I too have this "ability". it started when i was around 16 when i noticed it.. im 24 now.
      ive read through all of your posts. I can relate, its very similair.

I can summon up these "pulses" or " shivers.. I can actually control where i send them.. legs.. arms hands..
      It starts from my neck to wherever I choose. my limbs stay "buzzed" for some period.
      if i just use it .. it goes from my neck to my arms- back- legs and partly my face and side of my head.

It usually becomes stronger (pulses stay longer)when i think about a sad/hurtfull moment from my life.
      i can hold it for 30 sec longest probably.

Ive noticed when i do this i have slightly increased strength,stamina/endurance and im less vulnerable; i almost dont feel pain.
      2 years ago i punched through a wooden door like it was nothing.. i didnt feel any pain, didnt have any cuts or bruises. (and no, I dont take karate lessons) Ive never used it against people in a fight, seeing i dont get into fights.. im mostly by meself and dont interact much.

(I always thought it was linked to/or is adrenaline)
      I dont think my heart rate goes up though.

Ive never told this to anyone, because it sounds a bit surrealistic. Im just glad there are people who experience this too.

Wolfwood: If I was unclear, allow me to refresh. I would not say my lucid dream caused fear. What caused me fear was a fairly real sense that I would die- kinda like stroke out or heart attack. When I do "this thing" we do I can and have taken it previously to near seizure-like trembling and the wave sensation that washes over me, moving as it does imports a sense of falling or bathing in the tingling. Well, in the falling I describe, my mind later associated the two. I had only mentioned it and you caught on, and asked me to develop it. I dont know the value of this observation now but like so many I am reaching for something to connect the dots, and I believe that in the dream state is a bridge too far for me right now; I just cant build any connections from it other than to ask if other people have had something similar.

However, what I will do is answer any questions you or others have while moving along. I have to wait one month for my catecholamine results but I have decided to see this doc and tell him I want an EEG this week. If the testing gets anywhere near $500 I will just buy one of these eeg machines from HKG. But I want to see the baseline and at agreed intervals, I want to do "this thing" and see what is employed.

I would like to ask if others have tested with multimeter in millivolt range?
      Has anyone tested with DC EMF for natural environment?

It is my intention to both test these two things and see if I (we) can interact with them?

Good luck folks. I have waited for decades to finally figure this out.

Our survey:

Ok, well VersusOdium, if reading our similar experiences brings some relief, great. But you have some work to do, dont you? You need to first figure out if you actually have this or just Growth Hormone raging through your post puberty body (Being playful, not rude). You see, I wonder if your awareness that it might be adrenaline informs your sense that you have more strength, stamina, less pain, etc. I really do want to know about that. Are there really experiences that suggest this to you, besides the wall (anyone who has ever been married can imagine easily punching through a wall).

Without exception, adrenaline makes the Heart Rate increase, Blood Pressure increase, peripheral constriction (thus BP increases) and some other notable things, such as pupil changes. A quick search on youtube can show you how to take a pulse, or have someone do for you. It is not necessary that you count it only that you detect what feels like a regular gallop, then do "the thing" and note through feedback with your fingers if you can increase, decrease, HR etc. You must be able to do this or we should consider something else maybe going on with you.

If you could take the survey posted in a few places here perhaps it will help us but perhaps reading the questions will also enable you to consider things about yourself you had not, and then self test. I have only recently read about people sending it to specific places as I have not had that experience; of course, if true, that substantially changes everything. There is nothing in the human biology that can explain that. As fast as this thing works- AND being able to direct it locally... I don't know what we would be into with that.

For those who are interested, you can view the survey results here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2T...it?usp=sharing

I will update it periodically.

LD Count
      >50, <150
      Sussex
      Quote Originally Posted by arjunadawn View Post
      Wolfwood: If I was unclear, allow me to refresh. I would not say my lucid dream caused fear. What caused me fear was a fairly real sense that I would die- kinda like stroke out or heart attack. When I do "this thing" we do I can and have taken it previously to near seizure-like trembling and the wave sensation that washes over me, moving as it does imports a sense of falling or bathing in the tingling. Well, in the falling I describe, my mind later associated the two. I had only mentioned it and you caught on, and asked me to develop it. I dont know the value of this observation now but like so many I am reaching for something to connect the dots, and I believe that in the dream state is a bridge too far for me right now; I just cant build any connections from it other than to ask if other people have had something similar.

However, what I will do is answer any questions you or others have while moving along. I have to wait one month for my catecholamine results but I have decided to see this doc and tell him I want an EEG this week. If the testing gets anywhere near $500 I will just buy one of these eeg machines from HKG. But I want to see the baseline and at agreed intervals, I want to do "this thing" and see what is employed.

I would like to ask if others have tested with multimeter in millivolt range?
      Has anyone tested with DC EMF for natural environment?

It is my intention to both test these two things and see if I (we) can interact with them?

Good luck folks. I have waited for decades to finally figure this out.

Our survey:

Interesting -- 'bathing in the tingling' and 'import a sense of falling' highly resemble the sensations that one experiences when entering the transitional state from conscious reality to conscious dreaming. I wonder if these commonalities then have a similar root.

- Carl Jung

Lurker
      Quote Originally Posted by Sentaku View Post
      I wasn't sure where to post this so I descided here was good.

I can do this...Thing... where I can send a rush of energy throughout my body at will and it feels very much like an adrenaline rush but not exactly like one. I've looked this up with only limited success on finding out what it is, but I have found out that it's not just me that can do this. So I ask...

Do you know what I'm talking about or do I just sound crazy?

Do you know what this is, exactly?
      So I can also do this, and I've messed around and trained it for 5 years and counting so far. I've done some research about it and the closest thing I can find that explains this is chakras. There are 7 chakra points in your body which all run along your spine, with 2 in the head. If i focus on different locations of my spine, medidtation helps, and try different ways to induce the feeling i get when i send these surges through my body, it affects me differently. The feeling im most comfortable with and the first one ive ever done is located right at the base of my spine, which ive learned is the root chakra. Ive been able to induce the sacral and stomach chakras along with the third eye and crown. They all affect me differently and when i do two or more at the same time the power intensifies 2 fold.

Some of the benifits ive come across with this is a noticable change in my endurance for pain, my strength and my stamina. My ability to focus is raised, and my body temperature is raised as well. I can run faster and longer, jump higher and farther, and solve problems quicker.

I have noticed though that all of this is very bad for my body. Its litterally pushes your body past its physical limitations. Extreme fatigue, sore muscles, drowsiness. Just to list off a few. I dont know if this is the same as wha you are talking about, but on the chance that it is, do some research on chakras and try out some things.

aspiringsin:

That's an interesting account. What do you mean by "training"? Are you able to sustain it for longer periods now?

Most people who have posted here (including myself) claim to have no significant increase in physical strength or endurance. If you do exhibit this, it creates a whole new category of possible tests you could do to to confirm that it's not some placebo effect and possibly the physiological mechanisms at work.

Being able to "focus" this to specific body parts is strange since it completely undermines the theory that this is due to hormones. Keep in mind that you could be creating the impression that you are focusing on a particular spot just by focusing your attention on that area. Sort of like how if you focus your attention on your knee for a period of time you might find your knee begins to itch. Again, some sort of test could clarify this if focusing on different areas creates different effects.

I suggest you look through some of the posts here and see if your experiences match theirs.

Lurker
      Quote Originally Posted by cc171745 View Post
      aspiringsin:

That's an interesting account. What do you mean by "training"? Are you able to sustain it for longer periods now?

Most people who have posted here (including myself) claim to have no significant increase in physical strength or endurance. If you do exhibit this, it creates a whole new category of possible tests you could do to to confirm that it's not some placebo effect and possibly the physiological mechanisms at work.

Being able to "focus" this to specific body parts is strange since it completely undermines the theory that this is due to hormones. Keep in mind that you could be creating the impression that you are focusing on a particular spot just by focusing your attention on that area. Sort of like how if you focus your attention on your knee for a period of time you might find your knee begins to itch. Again, some sort of test could clarify this if focusing on different areas creates different effects.

I suggest you look through some of the posts here and see if your experiences match theirs.
      I am able to sustain it for longer, although still not bery long, im hardpressed to hold it for longer than a minute.

When i said i was able to fucus it to different parts of my body, i didnt mean that i could focus on an arm or a leg, i meant that once i read about chakras and where they are located, i focused on those spots. By focusing on these spots along my spine, the sensation is then sent to specific spots on my body. For example, the first one that came naturally, the root, at the base of my spine, sends the sensation almost exclusively to my legs. Theres another that sends it through my chest and arms, and my head for another.

By training i mean that i have sat still and tried to trigger these sensations to all parts of my body. Finding different ways to trigger them individually, as well as combing two or more. One i can hold for over a minute, but three i start to shake and my heart rate goes up in 5-10 seconds. I dont know what this means, and i dont know if this is the right thread for what i do, but its the closest ive found that relates.

Ive also ruled out placebo effect to a point where i am convinced, but its also a biased opinion on my part

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Sweden
      Maybe not exactly "at will", but sometimes I have those moments when I look forward to a bunch of things, and also realize that I have no major concerns at that point, and this usually makes me feel very hyper, excited and content with life.
      I am sure you recognize this feeling.

Regarding Voluntary control of adrenaline or heart rate

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelindo View Post
      Maybe not exactly "at will", but sometimes I have those moments when I look forward to a bunch of things, and also realize that I have no major concerns at that point, and this usually makes me feel very hyper, excited and content with life.
      I am sure you recognize this feeling.
      Thank you for sharing this; really. However, I never have what you describe. Emotions or tranquility or similar do not result in what I describe. It is spontaneous but never comes uninvited. In a single instant I can switch on and increase heart rate by order of 100 within seconds. Its as simple as it might be for someone to squeeze pelvic muscle, or bicep, or squeeze eyelid shut. I just think it. I have now conversed with others over the years who share more or less similar stories, so there is something to this besides a freak congenital arrangement.

While I can have a sense of peace afterwards it is more like a runner's high, and it does not last very long. It is unremarkable overall. In fact, the feeling that damage may have been done actually craps out any great tranquility, and this sense always exists as a background concern. I am looking forward to my lab tests and EEG. Thank you for joining us.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast