• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: I got shot!

I got shot!

Dream:

I was inside church. I came in and saw what seemed to be the after ordeal of some shooting event. Everyone was relieved that the 'gunman' was arrested. I was near the doorway and saw vividly this white guy sobbing uncontrollably while being comforted by, I think, an officer. I remember thinking 'wow, this guy's good - almost like he was a good actor' because it felt too good to be true.

So this guy proceeded to walk to one of the benches at the front of the church and sat down. I was also going in the same general direction. Suddenly, he stands up, giggles slightly and produces a gun while shooting a warning shot above his head. Everybody ducked and scrambled. He said something but at this point I couldn't really hear what was said as I was on one of the sides of the bench concentrating on me.

A couple minutes later, another person comes in with a gun. I thought he was going to save us but alas, he was in cahoots with the other gunman. However, I felt weird though because it was as if he was pretending to be on the side of the gunman but really he wasn't. He said to the gunman, along the lines of, 'there's been.. something spreets? killing...' And next thing you know he was looking for someone to shoot. I happen to be in his close proximity. I huddled to the side of the bench. He comes into view. He aims his gun and shoots me.

Here's the funny thing. I wasn't really sure if I was dead or not. I did lay on the floor with eyes closed and trying not to breathe. I felt as though maybe he wanted me to 'play' along with him as part of a bigger plot to kill the real gunman. The other gunman comes over. I could hear him say something. And the guy who shot me was playing with what I'm guessing was blood and about to smear on my face? I'm not really even sure if it was blood but at this point I'm not even sure if I was dead or alive. Then I woke up.

Please help interpret! This is driving me insane!

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered

USA
      DJ Entries
      A murderous gunman in a church? Wolf in sheep's clothing. Beware, There was another one before and you saw more than one. They are trying to ruin you, but they cannot as long as you hold on to the actual truth. What is the truth? Ask and you shall receive, Seek and you shall find, Knock and it will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7.

Do you think so? I thought it might've been metaphors for being 'reborn'... I did just start a new job 3 wks ago (not sure if this has anything to do with it). I am starting to notice about 2 coworkers .. but not sure if it's related either...

Anyone else interpret differently?

Someone else pls reinterpret this..this is still bugging me pls

I don't like to interpret dreams that aren't mine, but I'm bored, so I'll have a go at it.

Don't take anything I say personally. I don't know anything about you, so I'm just guessing.

A few of the symbols in your dream included being in a church, the police were there, you hid behind a pew, and you were shot

A theme these symbols all have in common is that they may represent bad life choices.

Being in a church can symbolize you questioning your life path, or your need for direction

Seeing the police can mean not living up to your responsibilities

Pews (I'm guessing you meant pews when you referred to "benches" that were in a church) can symbolize the need to acknowledge your past mistakes and wrongdoings

Being shot could mean that you have done something that you are ashamed of. The fact that you felt like you could have been alive after being shot could have something to do with the "rebirth" you mentioned, which could represent your willingness to turn over a new leaf.

Sorry again if I'm way off the mark here. I hope you don't think I'm accusing you of anything... I'm just interpreting based on symbols alone.

Hey there, here's my take on your dream. Feel free to disagree with it if you feel it doesn't apply to you.

From what you described, the dream's probably telling you to reflect on yourself and identify what's bothering you. There seems to be something you're denying or avoiding in life, and it's about time to confront it in order to move on, or it's only going to get worse.

In dreams, churches usually symbolize yourself, your beliefs or faith. Considering that the dream is set in one, I think it's safe to say that the problem lies within you, not anybody else. How do you feel about yourself lately? Are you doubting things, or are you feeling guilty about something? Exploring your thoughts would help identify the problem the dream's showing you.

The gunman represents the main problem or fear that you have. Everybody thought that the shooting was over, but you know that something feels off. You suspect that the white guy is an actor, and you are right. There's no avoiding him anymore now that he's here. He's getting more aggressive by confronting you with a gun. The guy giggles as if to say, "Hah! Did you really think it was over?"

The problem, fear and uneasy feeling will not go away until you identify and face what's bothering you.

The shot by the other gunman looks like a warning shot for you. "Listen to me now. I'm warning you, the next time won't be the same," he says. You suspected that there's a bigger plot to 'kill' the real gunman. Well, you're right again! That's your dream telling you to wake up now and face the real gunman and 'kill' him. It's not 'kill' in the literal sense though. It simply means that you have to solve the problem by facing it, not putting it away and really killing it, so to say.

Well, that's about it. It's a real good dream, I must say. It's violent dreams like these that wake us up as to telling us what's wrong or troublesome in our life. It's not everyday that your dream comes running at you with a gun, is it?

It's best to check what the following dreams are, as they're probably continuing messages about this matter if it hasn't been solved by then.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered

USA
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by blondie694 View Post
      Do you think so? I thought it might've been metaphors for being 'reborn'... I did just start a new job 3 wks ago (not sure if this has anything to do with it). I am starting to notice about 2 coworkers .. but not sure if it's related either...
      I advise caution and deep thinking about this.
      Last edited by 101Volts; 07-28-2014 at 05:06 PM.