• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree3Likes
    • 1 Post By Eonnn
    • 1 Post By Synergeon
    • 1 Post By mimihigurashi

Thread: Too dark when OBEing?

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class

Too dark when OBEing?

Sometimes when I OBE I either can't see at all, or it's really, really dark. Like two nights ago, I had two OBEs, in one I was completely blind and in the next one it was very dark. Is there any way to get rid of this 'astral blindness' or somehow turn on a light? It's really frustrating.. Please let me know of any techniques that worked for you in situations like this.

Lucid Natural Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      1000+
      The Aether
      DJ Entries
      I have the same problem but usually I find that once I leave my room or house things get brighter.

Lately I've been experimenting with staying close to my body and waiting for the portal to open. When it opens up I can move up and down vertically through it and choose which astral plane I'd like to visit.
      mimihigurashi likes this.

Member Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Eonnn View Post
      I have the same problem but usually I find that once I leave my room or house things get brighter.

Lately I've been experimenting with staying close to my body and waiting for the portal to open. When it opens up I can move up and down vertically through it and choose which astral plane I'd like to visit.
      Interesting. So typically if the person can't see after they exit, it's likely that it's because they are close to their body? I've had that happen before, now that I think about it, I would be blind upon exit and after distancing myself from my body my vision would start working. It's tricky to navigate in a certain direction while being blind though, without going through the ground, I heard that's not a good thing to do..

DJ Entries
      Months ago all my dreams were without light.
      Jung theorized light, the sun, god and mind's archetypes like these ones are influenced by the figure of your father, and I had many issues with mine at that time.

Hope that's not your situation of course
      mimihigurashi likes this.

Member Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Synergeon View Post
      Months ago all my dreams were without light.
      Jung theorized light, the sun, god and mind's archetypes like these ones are influenced by the figure of your father, and I had many issues with mine at that time.

Hope that's not your situation of course
      Huh, you mean you'll have difficulty seeing if you don't get along with your father? Well almost everyone has arguments with family, minor ones, once in a while.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by mimihigurashi View Post
      Huh, you mean you'll have difficulty seeing if you don't get along with your father? Well almost everyone has arguments with family, minor ones, once in a while.
      I think minor arguments aren't a problem (in terms of dreamscape), but mine were issues set up years ago... all has been solved well by the way

Member Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Synergeon View Post
      I think minor arguments aren't a problem (in terms of dreamscape), but mine were issues set up years ago... all has been solved well by the way
      Alright, cool.
      Synergeon likes this.

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal
      LD Count
      weekly
      Portugal ( Covilhã)
      DJ Entries
      That's really frustrating, i have these too..may i ask you what time of the night do yo usually have your OBEs?

Because my dark OBEs seem to occur more in the beginning of the night, perhaps my mind tries to create a similar environment to real life.
      And when i more rarely happen to OBE in the morning ( usually through DEILD) my OBE likewise reflects the dawn of the day

if you can control the dream like summoning stars or the sun it can help..but it may be difficult or require some practice

Now, blindness is another problem i think
      Last edited by VagalTone; 12-19-2014 at 02:16 AM.
      Check your memory, did any suprising event happpen ? does the present make sense ? visualize what you will do when lucid, and how. Reality check as reminder of your intention to lucid dream tonight. Sleep as good as you can; when going to sleep, relax and invite whatever comes with curiosity. Grab your dream journal immediately as you awake and write everything you can recall (if only when you wake up for good). Keep calm, positive and persistent, and don't forget to have fun along the way

Member Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by VagalTone View Post
      That's really frustrating, i have these too..may i ask you what time of the night do yo usually have your OBEs?

Because my dark OBEs seem to occur more in the beginning of the night, perhaps my mind tries to create a similar environment to real life.
      And when i more rarely happen to OBE in the morning ( usually through DEILD) my OBE likewise reflects the dawn of the day

if you can control the dream like summoning stars or the sun it can help..but it may be difficult or require some practice

Now, blindness is another problem i think
      These two actually happened at night, in a really dark environment. Although I've had many in the morning where I either couldn't see, or again, it was very dark, despite being bright outside and in my room. Strange issue...

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Hundreds...
      DJ Entries
      Dark OBEs have tendency to occur at night, light OBEs have tendency to occur by day... By me.
      When I'm separating there is always darkness... I move till darkness ceases to be problem. Even in darkness I usually start to see something like aura around things. Second trick I learned is use the light of my aura to illuminate my surrounding.
      There is no problem for me to see at close distances from my body... after some time after separation. But many times I don't see my body in bed, I only feel it when I try to touch it with astral hands...( I feel it inside of my body when I get my hands inside of it) and sometimes I see my body dark and formless.

I do usually WILD when I want LD- WILD created with imagination of tunnel can lead into night nature, but WILD with help of imagining place and stepping into it is as light as I imagine it. Today I had nice long LD, where I remembered shortly after starting dreaming that I'm still sleeping. No darkness in that lucid dream.