• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By proctree

Thread: Omnipotent lucid?

LD Count

Omnipotent lucid?

So I was never really a good lucid dreamer with only 2 on record(2014-2015) but just last night I had a dream where I could've slipped in lucidity then slipped out but with full awarence is that possible? And if so could that help in case my dream turns into a nightmare randomly? Btw if anyone's curious here's the dream:me and some siblings went on a adventure only to discover it led us to our house again after a while of cleaning. And etc. random stuff which includes us cleaning a pond sorta thingy with marimo balls in it and one of the balls turns into a penguin that I have to clean happens but at uwi(Univiersity of. West Indies) me and my mom separated so I sent ago a hobo family to see if they knew where she was although they were like what? Snake demons I guess and the man was a deformed lizard demon I think anyway so I jumped off the roof to get a taxi to go home then the taxi driver told me about a mystical celebration with fire and why the world is so corrupt then after explaining I asked to go home then I was awake cause my mom was cleaning the area .-.

LD Count
      ~217
      Munchen
      Well, uh, I didn't quite understand your dream, but what you're describing(being aware that you're in a dream, but not being able to exert any dream control) is pretty common among LDers. People usually call it a semi-lucid, but IMO it is slightly different. Practice more and eventually you'll be able to control your dreams more easily. Thing is, anything you do in a dream besides letting the dream control itself is a small act of dream control. Well, saying that it is a small act is a false dichotomy, all dream control is equally easy and hard in a dream, but actions which you can do in real life(walking, driving etc.) are usually easier to do in a dream than things that are impossible in real life(moving mountains and all that stuff) due to the fact that you're used to a reality in which you are not the highest power, the One-Above-All etc. etc.

I don't see how your lucid has anything to do with omnipotence though. Omnipotence means all-powerful, the power to do all. Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant?
      Hitokage likes this.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

If you are aware that you are dreaming during the dream, it is a true lucid whether you have any control over it or not. What I would call a “semi-lucid” is a dream where I'm vaguely aware on some level that what I'm currently experiencing isn't waking life but without it quite reaching full conscious realization.

I'm not sure I completely understand the OP question, either, but it is certainly possible to slip in and out of lucidity during a dream. You can realize you're dreaming for a bit, then get too focused or distracted on something else and forget, becoming non-lucid again.

LD Count
      Lemme explain:I know I'm in a dream but I can just control myself or slip out and just let my dream character go about his whatever it is(in simpler terms cause I'm not a good explainer I can just let my dream character go with the dream and be able to go lucid whenever I want again)

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      Quote Originally Posted by Megaquake2012 View Post
      Lemme explain:I know I'm in a dream but I can just control myself or slip out and just let my dream character go about his whatever it is(in simpler terms cause I'm not a good explainer I can just let my dream character go with the dream and be able to go lucid whenever I want again)
      It sounds like you are saying when you become lucid, you have the ability to toggle a sort of dream autopilot on or off. With the autopilot on, the dream would be similar to watching actions play out in a movie which you exert no direct control over.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      It sounds more like flipping volitional action on and off, not lucidity. That is, do you choose your actions or allow the dream to choose your actions? Either way to me you still seem lucid.