• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Sakata Gintoki's Workbook

Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 3 years registered

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      Yesterday I added this little thing. I read the dj entries on my phone, after reading it I close my eyes and think about it for 5 slow breaths and then I move on to the next. I remembered several forgotten dreams and wrote them down. I will continue to type in everything and reflect on them until it takes more than 30 minutes. And then the real fun begins. I can calculate how many dreams take up 30 minutes to read and reflect on, and once I have a dream limit, I can throw out the dreams I don't like keep the ones I like and constantly upgrade this collection of journal entries. I think it will have a positive effect on my dreams to come if I have this habit of thinking about the best dreams I had. What do you think about this idea? If this works for me, I might make a thread because it seems like a good way to improve recall and the quality of your dreams.
      NyxCC likes this.

Dream Guide Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      That sounds like a good idea. Would you do this in the mornings or in the evenings or both?

Let me know how it goes!
      Ginsan likes this.
      Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 3 years registered

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      In the evenings. My recall is still basically the same but let's not be too quick in drawing conclusions
      NyxCC likes this.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      My dream life seems to get richer. Obviously it's my memory that's getting better but it feels like my dream life is getting richer Even though I can not remember everything, I have this feeling the past few days that the dream had more content and lasted longer than I can recall. But last week and the months before that I wouldn't have that feeling. My memory would tell me that I only had 5-10 minutes of boring dreaming. I think this is progress Other than this feeling that the dream had more than I remember, I also actually remember more of the dream than a week ago and the times before.
      NyxCC likes this.

5000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      That's great!

Even though I can not remember everything, I have this feeling the past few days that the drream had more content and lasted longer than I can recall
      I know what you mean. A lot of times I would have an intense dream, but when I recall the plot half of the details are gone. I think recall training may help with getting more of the details. They also say doing ADA has an effect of boosting dream vividness and possibly recall.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      I had a short and pretty nice (for my standards) moment of lucidity. I flew, I breathed hot air with lots of volume. The air was white and cloudy, it wasn't pure white but like clouds, you know, white but kind of bubbly and with textures and stuff. It resembled clouds. It was hot and it was a bit bigger than the flame you get when you put a flame to a can of deodorant and spray. It felt pretty nice. It wasn't very hot, only hot enough to fend off people, but had lots of volume to it was cool. I lost lucidity and a few moments later I regained it, I thought "this is my dream, I can do whatever I want." Then I yelled, in an impossibly loud, booming voice "THIS IS MY WORLD!!!" "I CAN DO WHAT I WANT IN HERE!!!", then I kissed a girl who was eating with me at the time, I forced her to spit out the food first because I wanted to kiss her It tasted like the food though and she wasn't that beautiful so it was disappointing. I moved up a staircase and walking next to me was this very beautiful girl and I stopped, she too. I caressed her face for like 5 seconds and admired her beauty, smiling, wanted to kiss her but I got distracted by something, lost lucidity and woke up within a few seconds. I had a moment of really nice clarity though so I am happy with this

I think this breathing hot air might become a thing for me, it might become large amounts of fire later on, because I did it without thinking in 3 or 4 lucid dreams, or half-lucid. Also girls are always willing to kiss/have sex in dreams, this gives me hope for, when I am more skilled, that I might fall in love in a lucid dream It may sound silly but why not?
      NyxCC likes this.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      I just had 3 lucid dreams in one night! The first two were pretty long, like 20 minutes at least, up to 30 o.0 I remember doing an affirmation and looking at my hands, noticing my finger count switching between 6-7. In the second ld I was summoning people by looking behind me at least 2 or 3 times, I'm not sure how and when and even if I did it but I vaguely remember changing the whole course of the dream, some chaos was going on and everyone was getting attacked with magic and I did something to make it peaceful again. The first dream had over the top fights, no fast action but some overpowered and overpowering creature was chasing me and I was flying through thin walls (it was a dojo that has these thin wood-like walls), trying to escape. It took 3000 characters on my notepad to describe it all. I lost a lot, again, but there is genuine progress I'm going to read about stabillization and prolonging now, because I remember remembering to do stabillzation, but perhaps because it wasn't fresh in my memory, I didn't know what to do, except for vaguely reminding myself that it is a dream.
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      That's fantastic, Ginsan! Congrats! Whoa, you are on fire these few days! Really nice the lds were long and you had good dream control too!
      Ginsan likes this.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      We shouldn't make too much of the dream control but it was much better than before And I really am on fire!
      NyxCC likes this.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      I had 5-10 minutes of lucidity, once there were a lot of eagles in the dream flying around and it was good at first but when they got a little annoying I commanded all birds to go away and it worked The lucid part was not the good part though. The whole dream was about me and my girlfriend! There was no sex, just kissing (mostly cheek/face) and caressing/hugging. It was very nice Near the end we were sitting on a pickup truck with her family, I got bored and/or got my lucidity back and decided to grab her and fly off into the green fields we were driving past and I had doubts about carrying her in flight but decided it would work, and it did. So we flew around and again I had trouble landing (I couldn't go down) but we landed eventually. Then came the birds and that was near the end.

I like intimacy much more than sex and I'm glad I finally had a dream like this. I still feel the warm fuzzy vibes
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Congrats!

I like intimacy much more than sex and I'm glad I finally had a dream like this.
      Right, I think the kissing and overall being in love in dreams is being underestimated. A lot of people talk only about sex but feelings in dreams including lucid dreams can be very profound so it's an area definitely worth exploring.
      Ginsan likes this.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      Compassion check out this nice little thing I wrote
      NyxCC likes this.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      I had a lucid dream in which I had pretty nice control over my flight and especially landing. Before flying I thought to myself that I should stabillise and I looked at my hands for a few moments, then I tried to become mindful of my bodily sensations and I felt my arm shake a little and I felt that the dream was destabillising when I paid attention to my body so I stopped. And I was really sleepy before sleeping, but I woke up after 6 hours and couldn't go back to sleep. I had almost perfect clarity, almost perfect. If I was a little brighter I would have remembered to investigate objects and do other reality chekcs, like checking gravity, electronics, text.
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Awesome! Congrats Ginsan!

Thanks for the link! Will watch the video soon! Can use a bit of inspiration and compassion talk will come in very handy for some day moments.
      Ginsan likes this.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      No problem friend
      NyxCC likes this.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      I had a pretty awesome lucid dream, even though I remember very little. I think it was between 30 and 45 minutes long. I was casting magic, there was a really really powerful magician laying multiple layers of spells in various places of the room, trapping me. I don't know what happened. I kissed girls a lot. I don't remember sex. I could do 2 spells that I can remember, 1 of them was fire from my hand, the flame was about the size of a head, maybe slightly bigger and I think I could shoot it. I don't know what else I could do. I had similar skill with some black flame or black magic stuff. I don't think I played around with these too much, 5 minutes at most. Somewhere I told a girl that this is a dream and that we can kiss and have sex without worrying about the people around us. To prove it I picked her up and flew around. Another part I did sword swings without a sword, just the motion with my arms and I don't remember it becoming a sword but I was still doing swings, as if slashes appeared from my hands. Then I met Vergil (a character from Devil May Cry) and I battled him for about 10 seconds I think.

When I wope up I wasn't aware of the dream. I just woke up, lay in bed, chill. Open the window and rolling shutter and enjoy the fresh air. About 15-20 minutes after waking up, I grabbed my phone, looked at my notes for no real reason, I'm just relaxing and grabbing my phone randomly. And suddenly I gasp hard! In a flash the memory of this entire dream explodes in my mind! It was really awesome o.0 And then I wrote it down. Have you ever experienced something like this?
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Cool! Sounds like you had a lot of fun and for quite a while too!

It sometimes happens to me to forget an ld too, even good ones can be lost in between sleep and wakes. Good job bringing this one back!

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      Yeah, I´m actually proud of it even though it was just dumb luck

EDIT: Actually no, it can also be a result of my effort instead of dumb luck
      Last edited by Ginsan; 06-21-2015 at 01:30 AM.
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Yup, can be the result of all the training plus a grain of luck!

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      I had a pretty long lucid dream last night. It felt like it was around 45 minutes to an hour o.0 At least once (but possibly 3-4 times I really don't remember) the dream was fading or I was losing control and I looked at my hands to stabilize. I had some neat fire magic, I could stretch my hands, cause fire and make someone disappear. I don't remember that it hurt them, they just disappeared as the flames spread over their body. I was pretty bad at flying, I had trouble landing again. I also experienced something I had earlier. I was flying too high and got scared. I am scared of going too high and going above the clouds/into space and this time and the time before I was on the verge of waking myself up because I was scared of going too high but both times I somehow managed to stop going up. It's pretty annoying and I don't know what to do about it :S

Also, I'm feeling confident enough to try something new. I'm going to read this stabilization lesson and this dream control tutorial and pick 1 technique and try to use it in the dream. I'll edit this post and let you know which one it will be, I'll keep it at least 1 week, maybe 2/3 weeks is better but I'll see.

Edit: I decided. I'm going to fall backward and trust the dream. I want to get over fears, I want to become fearless in the dreaming world. I don't want to go to outer space yet so this will be a baby step towards freedom from fear
      Last edited by Ginsan; 06-28-2015 at 07:46 AM.
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Awesome! You're getting really good with induction and are able to have super lenghty dreams too, good job!

About the flying, I can partially relate to the feeling of unease. I don't quite have a fear of heights, however, on several occasions have experienced a related discomfort while flying. One of the things that helps is not to focus as much on the feeling of discomfort or fear and if possible to focus on any points of interest on the ground. That way you can allow yourself to zoom in/move towards the earth plus it gives your mind something to focus on + stability. You can also try looking at the whole flying experience from a non-human (bird, cloud, etc.) perspective or imagine it to be game like or google earth.
      Ginsan likes this.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      Thanks I'll think about it. Focusing on a spot on the ground sounds great. How do I look at it from a bird's perspective though? I can't really "imagine" being a bird, the closest I can get is to fly like I usually do.
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Yes, you don't need to transform into a bird, just feel like you are one. Then focus on the ground. By the way, if there is some cool place you want to go, this will be the moment to think that you are just beginning to recognize it being down there.
      Ginsan likes this.

Banned Achievements:

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      If there is 1 thing I really want to do, it's to have a girl with me and just talk to her, maybe hug some. But that's no location So I thought, the best place to have a conversation with a nice girl (in my opinion) is in a grassy field with flowers, clear skies and chirping birds and that smells fresh. So probably the best thing to do is to "recognize" that a beautiful park is down there. I can then find something green and focus on it and try to make it happen from there I really hope that this will work

You know, I'm really glad I don't know you in real life, I don't know your age, whether you are male or female, otherwise I'd probably be too embarrassed to tell you these things
      Last edited by Ginsan; 07-01-2015 at 07:09 AM.
      NyxCC likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast