• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree350Likes

Thread: DreamViews Tribute Video: Requesting Member's Help and Content!

Moderator Prince Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries

DreamViews Tribute Video: Requesting Member's Help and Content!

To celebrate DreamViews's 12th birthday we're putting together a video that will celebrate and pay tribute to the community and it's members. So anyone that's interested, please help out by providing us with some contributions~! (^_^)

All members that contribute something will be thanked and credited in the video's credits. This is also a great opportunity to become part of DV history and to help with a large scale project.

Here are some examples of what we need for the video:
      • Videos of members wishing DV a happy 12th birthday, perhaps telling how DV has helped you. An audio only message is also acceptable. Would also be nice if those that speak more than one language say happy bday in both/all.

• Permission to use photos and videos you've posted in http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-view...iscussion.html, http://www.dreamviews.com/lounge/122...yday-life.html, and http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-view...f-here-25.html Suggestions of which pictures/videos of your's to use would also be helpful.

• If you haven't posted any pictures to the forum, sending in photos you've taken would be great. Can be photos of nature, scenery shots, etc. This would be a good option if you're shy and don't want to submit a photo of yourself.

• Picture of yourself holding up a sign wishing DV a happy bday, this could also be done in the video.

• Permission to show artwork you've made. If you haven't posted any yet then you can submit it for the video. Drawings/paintings relating to DV's 12th birthday would be great.

• Creating some form of artwork for the video. For example, drawing a picture, making a craft, etc.

• Recommendations for what music to use in the video.

and any other way you can contribute would be great!

If you can provide us with some contributions that would be awesome! You can give your permission for picture use or submit your contribution by posting to this thread, sending me a private message, or emailing me at [email protected]

If you have any questions about this project or how to contribute, please let me know!

Thank you and have a nice day,
      Mismagius~
      Last edited by Mismagius; 07-21-2015 at 11:52 PM. Reason: added email

In every age, in every place, the deeds of man remain the same
      WICKED is good

Hetrochromic Oneironaut Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Not a contest
      Here and Now
      DJ Entries
      Hmm... wonder if I can get DawnEye11 onboard with some artwork for the vid...? You have my support. Give me a couple days to come up with something...

As for music it would be funny if we could get the 'World is just Awesome' song but instead make it 'Lucid Dreaming is just Awesome' and get 1 user to sing one lyric.

Of course that might require a little more coordination and work than you had in mind.
      Last edited by JadeGreen; 06-19-2015 at 03:55 AM.

Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Awesome and thanks for the support, JadeGreen

That song is great and actually fits pretty well with LDing, thanks for the suggestion! I'm planning on having a few different songs and segments throughout the duration of the video, that one would work well as both an inspirational and fun song. Since this video will be for a special occasion and represent the community, I'm going to work really hard on it to make it the best it can possibly be

WICKED is good

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      Dream realm
      DJ Entries
      Maybe I'm already late, but I'll try anyway... is this still going? If so, what's the deadline?
      Mismagius likes this.
      "If you must sleep a third of your life, why should you sleep through your dreams?"

Stephen LaBerge

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by martakartus View Post
      Maybe I'm already late, but I'll try anyway... is this still going? If so, what's the deadline?
      You're not late at all, it's only just begun!

Since I'm not sure how long it'll take to gather a good amount of member content, as of now there's no specific deadline set but for now I'll say maybe a month.
      martakartus likes this.

WICKED is good

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      Dream realm
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Mismagius View Post
      You're not late at all, it's only just begun!

Since I'm not sure how long it'll take to gather a good amount of member content, as of now there's no specific deadline set but for now I'll say maybe a month.
      Great! I'll participate then, even if it's a picture

I'm not sure how it works though, do we PM it to you? And this permission you mention, I guess it's only for those threads.
      Keitorin and Mismagius like this.
      "If you must sleep a third of your life, why should you sleep through your dreams?"

Stephen LaBerge

Professional Nose-Booper Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      I'm contemplating something Gibby-esque..
      Mismagius likes this.

Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Like a lot
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      My video might just be 30 seconds of me mlemming a glass of water.
      "Going through life worrying about the little things is like cooking with motor oil instead of cooking oil. Sure, you can still probably pull it off, but it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth in retrospect." - Me, apparently

2015: 101 LDs, 2016: 114 LDs, 2017: 38 LDs, 2018: 20 LDs, 2019: 8 LDs

DreamViews Discord!

1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by spellbee2 View Post
      Haha yussssss. We could all do montages of the various DV memes and themes that are close to our hearts.
      Mismagius likes this.

Flailing chicken barnacle Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Earth
      DJ Entries
      I'd love to do a little video! Where / how should I submit it?

And if Serpantoj doesn't beat me to it, I could totally do a birthday wish in Esperanto too!
      OpheliaBlue and Mismagius like this.

DJ Entries
      I guess just make a youtube video and send it to Mismagius. Good question, I hadn't even planned that far yet lol
      Mismagius likes this.

DJ Entries
      Sorry for the late reply everyone! Got busy with some work. I've been brainstorming and story boarding it in my head the whole time though, and I've got a lot of great ideas for it! By the way, everyone that contributes something to the project will be credited and thanked in the video, unless you'd prefer not to be

Quote Originally Posted by martakartus View Post
      Great! I'll participate then, even if it's a picture

I'm not sure how it works though, do we PM it to you? And this permission you mention, I guess it's only for those threads.
      Awesome! Members can submit their contribution either through PM, posting to this thread, or emailing me at [email protected]

Those are the threads that came to mind when thinking of places where members post things they've made, but if anyone knows of other threads feel free to recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by spellbee2 View Post
      Haha, that would be awesome! I could continue to cut back to it throughout the video, like "He done yet? Nope, still going"

Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
      I'd love to do a little video! Where / how should I submit it?

And if Serpantoj doesn't beat me to it, I could totally do a birthday wish in Esperanto too!
      Oh that'd be fantastic, indeed! Uploading it to youtube could work but if you want you can email me it at [email protected]
      Last edited by Mismagius; 07-15-2015 at 05:10 PM.
      OpheliaBlue likes this.

WICKED is good

Melbourne
      DJ Entries
      I can play happy birthday on piano.

btw what is "mlemming" a glass of water?

We should also include "STOP PANIC!" somehow. Maybe "STOP PANIC! This is just a dream!" and then transition in to the main part of the video.
      What do you think?
      Mismagius, OpheliaBlue and Zhaylin like this.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      I can play happy birthday on piano.

btw what is "mlemming" a glass of water?

We should also include "STOP PANIC!" somehow. Maybe "STOP PANIC! This is just a dream!" and then transition in to the main part of the video.
      What do you think?
      Oh that'd be great, tommo

This is mlemming: http://i.imgur.com/dt04mTs.gif

It's a sound effect for drinking like that. It's like a meme on DV Chat to replace words in sentences with mlem. There's also a thread in SB for it: http://www.dreamviews.com/senseless-...verything.html

Oh! I totally forgot about Stop Panic! I've been trying to think of DV memes and stuff to add in the video, so far I've got Mlem, fundamental, acronym game, and now Stop Panic! Good idea for the video too, thanks tommo
      OpheliaBlue, tommo and Ginsan like this.

WICKED is good

DJ Entries
      I'm 100% for Stop Panic

These are all great
      Mismagius, tommo, Zhaylin and 1 others like this.

Shadow Hunter Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

LD Count
      Cranwell
      DJ Entries
      I'm totally up for this so I shall try and submit something to you tomorrow :3
      Mismagius and OpheliaBlue like this.
      Goals
      - Think of some more goals[]

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Here is a pretty cool visual effect I made a couple years ago that might fit in nicely with the video:

Lurker
      This is gonna be great! I know Japanese and Spanish as well as English. Also I suggest Designer Skyline by Owl City for the song.
      Mismagius likes this.

Melting Rainbows Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      United Kingdom
      DJ Entries
      Maybe I can round Ophelia up and commemorate our dead DV Podcast
      Mismagius and OpheliaBlue like this.
      Check out my DreamViews Podcast with OpheliaBlue!

The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary.

No sailor controls the sea. Only a foolish sailor would say such a thing. Similarly, no lucid dreamer controls the dream.
      Like a sailor on the sea, we lucid dreamers direct our perceptual awareness within the larger state of dreaming.

A man's shadow Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      who knows
      Czech Republic
      This is a great idea. Let's get to it!
      Mismagius likes this.
      If you feel like it, please take a look at my YouTube channel:
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof...niLAS_pFoRkqfw
      If you don't, hm well have a nice day anyway ^_^

A man's shadow Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      who knows
      Czech Republic
      I am back with my contribution YEAAAAAAAH!!!!

Ummm is it acceptable? ^_^"
      If you feel like it, please take a look at my YouTube channel:
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof...niLAS_pFoRkqfw
      If you don't, hm well have a nice day anyway ^_^

Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 3 years registered

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      Hi prince I can try making a compilation of things (games/anime/movies) that contributed hugely to my soul and then thank dreamviews for: "now I can actually go inside and explore my soul down to every nook and cranny by lucid dreaming, and Dreamviews is the place that helps me along my journey. The teachers, the experts, fellow travellers, beginners to help, this forum has it all. I can even have deep discussions about other topics and have my beliefs challenged regurarly. So thank you all Dreamviews members and happy birthday Dreamviews! (In Jap, Turkish, Dutch, Eng)" Or something like that. Or I can make a drawing of my soul and show all the things that went inside (like hold a paper irl with a drawing of my soul or maybe an object that is supposed to be my soul and insert things into my soul?) and then I'll say the above text.

I'll add a cute soundtrack, probably from one of the Crash Bandicoot/Team Rasing/Bash games and maybe talk during the video. I know I'm pretty late for this but when should it be finished and is it alright if it's up to 2 minutes? It might very well be but I can make it under a minute if you want.

These are some of the candidates for the music
      Crash Bash: Polar Panic
      Crash Bandicoot menu theme
      Crash Bash: Warp Room
      Crash Bandicoot 3: Warp Room
      Last edited by Ginsan; 07-22-2015 at 03:37 PM.
      Hitokage and Mismagius like this.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered
      I'd love to contribute to this project, maybe by drawing something? It would be really fun ^_^ Anyways, as for music, the song "Everything at Once" by Lenka always sort of reminded me of lucid dreaming because in a dream you can sort of be "everything at once".. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's just an idea =)
      Good luck, and I'll be back soon with my contribution!
      Ginsan and Mismagius like this.

Banned Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall 3 years registered

LD Count
      149 in 2016
      Bleep
      DJ Entries
      I actually didn't feel like doing it and thought I'd just say happy birthday a few times in different languages and settle with that, until 30 minutes or so ago, my subconscious mind started giving me very silly and barely (or almost?) funny ideas so I'll go through with it and this is going to be fun I am fairly certain about it

@Galaxy, it's probably fine even if it's very simple and trivial, as long as you put some feeling into it
      Last edited by Ginsan; 07-22-2015 at 03:32 PM.
      Mismagius likes this.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Hitokage View Post
      I am back with my contribution YEAAAAAAAH!!!!

Ummm is it acceptable? ^_^"
      I am officially in love with you

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast