• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Tony's Workbook

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      Austin, Texas, United States
      DJ Entries
      Wild attempt

Day off. Stay up late. Sleep 5 hours. Lay flat. Ssild techniques while picturing my dream scene. Hands get heavy, get some

In the void. I hear a voice booming. It is ordering me. See the ground, a dirt path! Hear the wind! Start walking! I am spooked and look down at my body while the world shimmers into view. It is just a second before the world blinks and is gone.
      https://www.luciddreamcoaching.com/about

I'm working with Elliot Gish as my Coach. He's great.

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Great progress! WILD is a tough one for me, I treasure any little dreams that come along that way, so I'd be really happy with that result.
      tblanco likes this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      After a couple of days of nothing, last night I buckled down and really set the intention for memory. I got a couple of dreams upon waking and in one of them I remember smelling things which is pretty unique. I'm not often smelling things in my dreams. I'm still back to building my confidence... I was trying to do the sageous "reverse reality checks" for a while but I"m back to more standard checks because i gave it a few weeks and nothing came of it. Perhaps I'll try again later. I have a goal of 10 LDs before the end of August and had my first LD fragment a few days ago.. Them shits will happen.

Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I think you need to view the Sageous RRC as a part of a lifelong effort to built self-awareness/presence/mindfulness/paying attention/whatever-you-want-to-call it. Feel free to adapt it to yourself. I never really "felt" the "I affect everything around me and everything around me affects me". My personal opinion is that is actually a by-product of state-awareness (which I think is [slightly] separable from self-awareness, and Sageous believes they're all the same thing). As Ursula LeGuin wrote, "infinite are the arguments of the mages" .

The parts of the RRC that I think are invaluable are the part where you stop, and fully realize that "*I*…am *here*….*now*…", and the memory check.

Self-awareness builds slowly over time. I don't think you can set out with a plan to do RRCs for a few weeks or months and expect to "see results."

Best is to try to always strive to pay attention, to notice that "zoned out" state/mode as soon as you can and bring yourself back to attention.
      After doing that for a while (way more than just a few RRCs per day, I try to hold it as long as I can, all throughout the day), I did notice that my non-lucid dreams tended to get a lot more vivid, I had a lot more "epics," and a lot more semi-lucids.

I think concrete goals are good, they give you that extra "umph," that push which is so valuable when you just want to go back to sleep, but instead find the will to get up for that WBTB. WBTBs are really important for many dreamers to produce more LDs.
      tblanco likes this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      WBTB is my main goal for this month... I was under the assumption that the RRC was somehow different from a state check or awareness but i do know that i was having solid lucids before and then zero after. I know this is a slow process that will build over time but i felt i had taken a step back, which is fine. I know that i'm supposed to give anytihng i try a few weeks before giving up on it, or so the story goes. I'm also working on writing out dreams i want to dream and scenarios to deal with in my lucids as per the EWOTD.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      RRC is *not* a state check. It's a "reverse" reality check, so it is not a reality check. It is not meant to take the place of the RC, it is meant to build self-awareness. So keep up those state checks in addition to "present" moments, they're really important!

Sign up for the August, 2015 competition that Sensei's running, it's always a lot of fun! Link's in my sig and DILD class announcements thread.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Took Fry's advice and went back to old school state checks and awareness practice. Also read the old recall tips and got a voice recorder app. Ended up with 2 dreams, wbtb then one more dream.. I played a stupid video game on my wbtb which i know is not the ideal thing to do because it took me forever to go back to sleep. THese recordings are crazy to listen to. I sound like i'm on serious drugs lol.

Also where do i put my points for sensei?

Ronda Rousey is fighting for WSOF championship against Rousimar Palharas. She is afraid of being hurt.

I am rummaging through a clear tuppaware container next to my front door filled with coupons, I'm an extreme couponer.

A pro wrestler is trying to get me to buy commercial time for his flight. I'm not interested in buying. the wrestler is flamboyantly gay and is annoyed that i'm being evasive. It's also some kind of a sex scandal, he thinks i'm trying to give myself plausible deniability for something.

Digging this recording thing, first time having multiple dreams in a while.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Haha I get so tired of the sound of my tired smacking lips sometimes and tired breathing while I gather my thoughts but there's really no better way to capture the complete memory of the dream before it evaporates. It's also way better than writing: so many times my chicken scratches were illegible in the morning.

Sensei's competition has not started yet, he mentioned he's aiming for starting on the 14th. If it's like previous competitions it will run for two weeks. There will be a formal competition thread separate from the sign-up thread started with the complete scoring rules posted at the beginning. It will be announced on the sign-up thread most likely so keep an eye on that one.

Congrats on the increased recall! Keep it up, keep it important to you, and the recall will grow.
      tblanco likes this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      my two year old had nightmares all last night. She woke up telling me that "spiders eating her hair". fucking terrifying. this morning as i was driving her to day care I told her that the spiders weren't real and if they came again she should tell them that she loved them and ask them to please stop eating your hair. She said "Spiders not nice, Daddy".
      Needless to say, there was no wbtb like planned last night and i had a sobbing kid in bed with me all night. I am not the most gentle man when i am tired. I am a lot better of a father when i've had some sleep. I need to work on that. But i did want to teach her about dreaming and lucid dreaming and here is a good chance for that. the moldable mind of a kid and all.

but i did use my voice recorder again to get my dreams out.

some kind of a julia sugarbaker airplane ride, old south, beige pink leather waiting room of an airport. I'm afraid for my safety, not sure how it's going to go.

I'm looking at a photo album looking at old photos of fever to celebrate his sobriety. in one, he's at the ESPN zone wearing a black shirt with a grey stripe on the sleeve. the other guy in the photo is wearing all black. He also has hair on his head. He's smiling with an arm around the other dude.

2 dreams, more details. My awareness is getting better too. Tonight I'm doing a WBTB unless something happens, then my goal is not to sweat it.

Any stories about sharing LD with family members?

LD Count
      DJ Entries

hmm.. that melatonin first galatamind later looks very iteresting... I'm going to try that for my next wbtb
      If you haven't read it yet, you should absolutely read Yuschak's "Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements" if you're at all interested in supplemented lucid dreaming. He goes through a great many supplements in detail, and gives detailed instructions on dosage and timing for best effect. He recommends WILD, but WILD never works for me very well, so I just head right for sleep and DILDs. When I can get back to sleep the dreams are pretty amazing.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      3 dreams last night after a bit of amemory dry spell. I'm working on some prospective memory excercieses but my awareness has been much better. my LD is right around the corner..

Running into a specialty yogurt shop and buyin a flavor that is still left. The shop is empty and the owner is Skype g with so,someone

VNessa is trying to figure out how she can still stay but there is no escaping her fate

I want to figure out what level of competition would be necessary to win bb but still have tons of fun.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Yes I bet your next LD will be soon!
      tblanco likes this.

Dream Guide - DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by tblanco View Post
      my two year old had nightmares all last night. She woke up telling me that "spiders eating her hair". fucking terrifying. this morning as i was driving her to day care I told her that the spiders weren't real and if they came again she should tell them that she loved them and ask them to please stop eating your hair. She said "Spiders not nice, Daddy".
      Needless to say, there was no wbtb like planned last night and i had a sobbing kid in bed with me all night. I am not the most gentle man when i am tired. I am a lot better of a father when i've had some sleep. I need to work on that. But i did want to teach her about dreaming and lucid dreaming and here is a good chance for that. the moldable mind of a kid and all.

Any stories about sharing LD with family members?
      I am impressed with your consistent posting here in your workbook! In regards to your question at the end of the quote above: I tried with my son but he and his Mom think it is "not something to mess with." More importantly though, my father advised me of the ability to take control of nightmares but I was quite a bit older than your daughter at that time so I can't speak for how it might work with that age. That seed he planted allowed me to become lucid and take charge of the monster in my nightmare and seemed to make nightmares a rare occurrence from then on. Unfortunately I didn't stick with lucid dreaming and before long I let dreaming in general slip into the background until much later in life.
      tblanco likes this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      it's looking dim that i'll hit all 10 of my lds this month since i've only done one. I'm still working on my awareness and state checks, now i'm adding visualization of what i'd do if lucid and a little bit of my day mantra.. "i'm a fuckin lucid dreamer" I think my goal is now to be lucid and less to do cool shit in dreams and that's a mistake, need to get back to my goals of what to do in the dreams... i'll be thinking...

had a great night of dreams 2 days ago... i'm dusing the voice recoroder and this was the first time i really felt myself holding still and reaching like fry says. it was super cool as the thoughts kept rolling in. super neat.

ferguson, nudity, stalking, instagram

i have the theme to the wet hot american summer in my head. working on finding a medical sales person of some sort for alc or jdp, going through the database looking at people, calling them, putting a note, a green a killer a something else. i'm annoyed because noone has a job yet. looking at hotel rooms yet, and we booked everybody in adjacent rooms and it will make them upset. I ask jkp why do we want to make them upset and he says 'you'll see the point later.'

naked girl on a park bench not allowed to go to a party. woman at the party said no double butts are allowed, she has a pair of glasses on.

ferguson. going to the riots. walking along some sort of fence. folllowing a national guard troop. I see people throwing bombs made of cardboard boxes. I'mm running trying not to get blown up. I talk to an older black lady for a minute, try to comfort her, make sure she's ok.

there's a girl there, a very pretty girl, I call on her too. she sent me naked pictures on her instagram. I'm scrolling through and trying to find them and I think they are deleted. it's not completely gone. I find some pictures from that day, i'm follwoing her around her a pool with a camera and she looks pissed off that I'm taking pictures of her.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by fogelbise View Post
      I am impressed with your consistent posting here in your workbook! In regards to your question at the end of the quote above: I tried with my son but he and his Mom think it is "not something to mess with." More importantly though, my father advised me of the ability to take control of nightmares but I was quite a bit older than your daughter at that time so I can't speak for how it might work with that age. That seed he planted allowed me to become lucid and take charge of the monster in my nightmare and seemed to make nightmares a rare occurrence from then on. Unfortunately I didn't stick with lucid dreaming and before longb I let dreaming in general slip into the background until much later in life.

hopefully i can stay engaged and keep talkaing toher about it. i'd love to be lucid for life. it's almost an experssion of practical spirituality in day and night.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Nice mantra! I can feel the energy.

I think you're right that specific goals are important. I've also had the general goal of "just getting lucid" and it doesn't seem to do the trick like specific goals, for example task of the month goals or competition goals.

Congrats on the recall, just it's amazing as they just keep rolling in "Oh, there was *that*..oh, then that one, too, etc." We need to constantly stretch and reach to extend our recall.

Humph, what kind of party doesn't allow double butts? Haha dreams are awesome!

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I've been putting dreams on my voice recorder but haven't transcribed them. Something else I've noticed is that i haven't gone back and read my old dreams.. Especially around the middle of june beginning of july. I want to go back and read those entries and journal entries to see if there's any clue as to what I was doing that would put me back on the track as I haven't had good LD's in a few weeks minus a brief moment at the beginning of the month. I will transcribe my dreams here by the end of the day.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      8/17 - I'm ona call with a guy, medical professional. I want him to give me information about compensation and think about a different role. He does give me the number he's being paid but i don't know if he wants the job.

8/16 - I have tracks of my tears stuck in my head.. there's a professional wrestling personality in there somewhere.

8/14 - I dreamed that james' real name is Harold Merryweather Honeycomb. He looks like howie mandel in disguise. I see that vanessa is evicted on facebook.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      i am travelling by car through a neighborhood. I see chain link fences. I see a house made of different color brick. I see a guy who wants to play a game but he can't talk.

steve and vanessa are talking, they are sitting outside in the reclining area of the big brother house. they are talking about how austin and liz are snuggling in the other room. steve wants to spy on them but he doesn't want to be weird. Vanessa is like, it'll be fine, just go do it. they were also talking about pac-man type maze eating game they are playing and he wants to play too. they wonder if the game is going to be part of the competition for the next week.

I'm on a date, we are riding in a canoe. I'm very gassy. I don't like the person i'm on a date with. I wake up a couple of times and think i can go back to it and be lucid but i'm still non lucid. After the date we are hanging out at the house. I'm still gassy. Loud Loud Loud farts. Weird soul music is on that i've never heard before. I'm looking for clothes to wear. I find a pair of wrinkled red pants in the dirty clothes. I tell her that i like the pants but they are wrinkled. She's not impressed. I don't care.

I'm trying to WILD last night at one point but it's not happening. I can hodl still for a few minutes but then I get bored and roll over and go to sleep.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      a wbtb at 2 am after 4 hours sleep. I tried to wild but it was a super halfhearted attempt. good detail remembered but no LD.

I'm still super angry at amazon. I'm telling people in my dream about their business practices. I'm trying to organize delivery practices and help them get paid better for it. figuring out a way to boycott or bring attention to the exploitation at the same time realizing it's on customers to not accept the services that are given to them at face value. People are getting hurt for free delivery. we get in a room and find ways for the company to pay for it. A message comes in and says that an extra 10 dollars will be charged for this product. I'm looking at a green blotter on a desk trying to figure out how we can make that work.

I remember a warehouse manager hitting a kid with mental disabilities for disobeying. this situation was going to have some kind of consequences. when the kid got cold cocked i was suprised. I am at a warehouse. A giant facility for sorting online packages. 3

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      guy is doing sales into medical packaging technology, I'm looking him up on the computer to see if he's interested. my boss is kind of poopooing him. He doesn't have a ton of available information or success into what we are trying to do.

false awakening. in my bed at home, sleeping with the baby, she climbs out of bed, grabs my phone and calls my wife crying. April comes home and says that carmelite told her that i let her watch mad max fury road. i'm amazed that she could dial the phone, surprised that I let her watch fury road, wondering if fury road was out on video yet.

false awakening made me very happy. It came froma failed wild attempt and i know that i'm so close. I was totally questioning my reality and all sorts of aspects of it but not quite putting it together. so close.!!!

Dream Guide - DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by tblanco View Post
      I've been putting dreams on my voice recorder but haven't transcribed them. Something else I've noticed is that i haven't gone back and read my old dreams.. Especially around the middle of june beginning of july. I want to go back and read those entries and journal entries to see if there's any clue as to what I was doing that would put me back on the track as I haven't had good LD's in a few weeks minus a brief moment at the beginning of the month.
      Good thinking. That is one thing I try to do when I notice differences in my recall or lucidity…to try to remember to include in my personal DJ what I did the day before and during the night or what I had been experimenting with lately.

If you haven't found a solution yet, you might try adding more fun back into your practice and setting intentions right before bed. One of the most fun practices for me is frequently reminding myself what I would like to do if this were a dream RIGHT NOW…all the fun things i could do from right where I am at (even if that means flying or teleporting somewhere else or finding my dream girl. In my car I often imagine pulling back the steering wheel and flying up over the traffic and to some interesting place nearby…or when walking around in public, all kinds of fun things I'd do…If I see some majestic trees - flying to the top of them or over them…or a beautiful vista - flying through it, etc…Inspiration can be found virtually anywhere.

Edit: I see you were posting while I was putting together my reply and that you seem to be heading in the right direction and it sounds like your are close to your next lucid.
      Last edited by fogelbise; 08-20-2015 at 10:16 PM.
      tblanco likes this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      there is a fighter called shithead who lives in a room in a factory and he's sharing his strategy of how many punches and kicks he needs to throw and it's based on the caliber of the machine that he works at his job.

wbtb

im an mma journalist profiling a UFC fighter for a website. This guy seems terrible but the UFC is trumpeting him. he's got a win streak but it's been crushing cans. he's got a girlfriend and they are in a truck. he was offered another role where he doesn't have to fight and he's excited about it. UFC cancels the fight at the last minute to replace him with someone else and it makes him very upset.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Fucking breakthrough!!! Pre wbtb DILD, post wbtb chain of WILDS. triggered by the sensei comp! I have 12 minutes of frickin audio notes to
      transcribe...

Pre WBTB DILD

I'm on this gameshow and I can't figure out the point of it but I'm standing in a big black room where these different groups of people are doing weird superhuman feats. I wonder how they are happening. One person is like floating up in the air and their hands are glowing and they fall to the ground and everyone cheers. Everything is happy and exciting. It gets to my group and people are yelling at me "just feel it, just go with it, just do it!!"

I hear a big voice "TONY, YOU'RE GONNA FLY! YOU'RE GONNA TELEPORT!" I'm wondering, what's happening? There's a waterfall. Like a glowing waterfall. It's a waterfall of lucidity. I realize that the gameshow is Sensei's competiton and i'm watching other people have their turns. I step in the falls and i feel the power of lucidity wash over me but i don't have any control. People are yelling "GO WITH IT!" I can feel this power, this realization that i'm in a dream but i don't have any control. I want to look at my hands but i can't do anything. I step back and the feeling is gone for a second. I step back into the glowing waterfall and I'm thinking about sageous' book for a second and this rush comes over me and it's beautiful. I think about what i want to do in this situation and i start to leave the moment and I'm back in my body.

i had a WBTB and my daugter puked during my wild attempt. had to get that cleaned up and tried to go back and hold still but it took me an extra hour to fall asleep. I wilded right into my bedroom. i got heavy hands and flashes of pictures. For a while i saw a whipping pattern of light and some noise and i tried to make it into a dream but couldn't think of anything to dream.

Wild, Remember, then flying.
      From the wild I end up in my bedroom. I can tell that I’m dreaming because the room is very dim and unstable. I am rubbing my hands together. I have a very narrow strip of vision. I’m looking at my hands and nothing is clarifying. I look around and say out loud “I’m in my bed and I’m asleep” the room gets more clear after that. I walk to the wall and start rubbing the texture of the wall. I go through the hallway to the living room and go outside. I leap into the air and start flying, soaring over my neighborhood. I land on top of a neigbor’s house and I look in a window and it’s my bedroom! I’m reminded that I’m dreaming again and I run to the edge of the roof and jump and I’m flying. I think about how I can teleport and climb to the top of a building, like an office complex. Dream fades.
      School sex then battle!
      In the hallway of a school like a Hogwarts, fancy boarding school and I see a pretty thin girl that looks like amy schumer. I remember that I'm lucid and my sex drive takes over. I ask her if she wants to come sleep with me. We walk through a door and it’s a bedroom and I start grinding on her. I tried to do thing where you start humping and it turns into sex but it doesn’t, it just stays dry humping. She’s wearing a pink tube top and has blonde hair. I never finish and I end up going back into the other room. I am lucidish during this.
      In the other room it’s now a big combat hall like at the end of the karate kid. I’m fighting a guy and I have chi powers. I can lightly tap my opponent and he’ll fly across the room. He looks like captain lou albano, big fat guy with long stringy beard and rubber bands. He’s wearing a karate gi with a black belt tied around it.

False Awakening
      I’m talking to my friend ced after the dreams and I’m showing him my phone. Telling him that I’ve been having trouble LDing but now I’ve got dreams… “here’s 4 minutes worth, here’s 8 minutes worth.” He says, “wow, that’s great dude!”
      Last edited by tblanco; 08-25-2015 at 07:09 PM. Reason: color coding the lucidity
      FryingMan and fogelbise like this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Wow, that's great, dude!

Heh, seriously, congrats on a fabulous night! Having goals that are important to you can really get the lucidity flowing!
      tblanco likes this.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast