• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Finger Induced Lucid Dream (FILD)

LD Count
      6 in 2014
      At the method with the piano, you have to immagine the music in your mind or just to move your fingers?

when I wake up from my alarm and try to fild Im do tired that I forget what to do . I go to sleep at 12 and get up at 5:30. what am I doing wrong? also when I try to fild and do remember what to do I fall asleep. please help asap

I just woke up for a fild and I did the finger movement. I'm sleeping near my parents and they snore. lol. are you supposed to try this in total as silence? please help

LD Count
      6 in 2014
      apparently no one gives a sh*t anymore about this thread...

forreals. sh*T!!!!!!!!!

Lurker
      What if your a deep sleeper? like me because,when i had my alarm broken one of my room mates woke me up and they told ,me they had to try 28 times just to wake me up also i cant wake up in the middle of the night so what do i do?

Lurker
      Quote Originally Posted by xIGSxTEMPERR View Post
      when I wake up from my alarm and try to fild Im do tired that I forget what to do . I go to sleep at 12 and get up at 5:30. what am I doing wrong? also when I try to fild and do remember what to do I fall asleep. please help asap
      You dont do the fild imidiatly you have to wait like 10 mins or 30 mins *from what i heard sometimes it takes 10 n sometimes 30 or more*
      and then try it.
      also you need to do the fild teqneique when you feel yourself slip away into almost sleeping kinda feeling if you feel your eyelids go heavy then do it :3 - Acey

Lurker
      Quote Originally Posted by ravanoos View Post
      At the method with the piano, you have to immagine the music in your mind or just to move your fingers?
      you just need to clear your mind and dont think about anything,dont talk to yourself or anything,no music no saying to your self : oh i do this then i do this n the..just do the technique :3

Lurker
      Quote Originally Posted by PSdream View Post
      so, i believe i may have had my first LD last night by using FILD!

i usually wake up after having dreams.. so this seemed like a perfect method. tried it last night & within (what seemed like) seconds, i was in my LD.

my only problem was.. i remember trying the spinning method and then doing a RC. i could control some aspects of the dream but not all. i would shout out loud for things to appear but they wouldn't. after becoming frustrated my LD faded.. any comments or suggestions?
      Compare a LD to an onion, onions have layers
      Same with LDs
      Except there are only about 4 layers
      The deeper the layer the more control you have being that layer 4 your basically God
      Q: how do I get to a high layer?
      A: depends on how well you did on your technice to get to a LD

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      LD Count
      40+
      DJ Entries
      Welcome to Dreamviews!

Quote Originally Posted by yermolenko View Post
      Compare a LD to an onion, onions have layers
      Same with LDs
      Except there are only about 4 layers
      The deeper the layer the more control you have being that layer 4 your basically God
      Are the four layers a rainy city, a hotel, a snow fortress, and Limbo city? For most everyone, though, lucid dreams don't have clearly defined 'layers' like Inception. Rather, there are only changes of scene. And control has a lot to do with expectation and belief.
      Traditional LD methods not working as well as you'd hoped? Give SSILD a try!
      CosmicIron's Official Tutorial - Discussion Thread - Tested for 30 Days - Success Stories

Lurker Achievements:
      Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points

LD Count
      Acton, Massachusetts, United States
      The FILD method sounds intriguing to me, and I plan to try it. The trick seems to be detecting when you have entered sleep, and I had a thought about how a variation of this method might help.

How about tapping on the surface of your phone, with an app running that is observing your taps and noticing when you have stopped. That would mean you have slipped into a dream, and that would be a great time to prompt you with an RC, a sound, light, or a vibration, maybe after a short delay. I'm curious to see whether this would help, particularly for people who tend to miss the slipping into dreamland, or get fooled by a false awakening. Does anyone know of an app like this? Shouldn't be hard to write.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      I just read this thread yesterday and decided to try. I woke up at 4am and started to do the "finger moves". Like a minute after, i started to sense a little vibration on my body. But then it disappeared. It was the first time, so, i have to practice. But i guess this is a good technique.

Banned
      LD Count
      On the computer.
      DJ Entries
      Sounds like a really interesting technique. Do you have any tips on how to know when I'm in my REM cycle. Any tells so I can pinpoint when to wake up? And when do I do the nasal rc? Throughout the day?
      AstralMango likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Present
      Quote Originally Posted by FreeUnity View Post
      Sounds like a really interesting technique. Do you have any tips on how to know when I'm in my REM cycle. Any tells so I can pinpoint when to wake up? And when do I do the nasal rc? Throughout the day?
      Hi, FreeUnity. Everyone's REM cycles are different, so the only person that can find yours is you. Generally REM starts after 90 minutes and will get closer and longer as you sleep. If you wake up naturally in the middle of the night, that may also help to find your cycles.

Yep, you do RCs during the day (and as soon as you wake up if you want; gotta catch those pesky FAs). It works well with a mantra, and you gotta make sure you're questioning your reality. No use in doing it on autopilot; if you do that in a dream you'll probably not get lucid. Awareness is the key. Good luck.

Banned
      LD Count
      On the computer.
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by AstralMango View Post
      Hi, FreeUnity. Everyone's REM cycles are different, so the only person that can find yours is you. Generally REM starts after 90 minutes and will get closer and longer as you sleep. If you wake up naturally in the middle of the night, that may also help to find your cycles.

Yep, you do RCs during the day (and as soon as you wake up if you want; gotta catch those pesky FAs). It works well with a mantra, and you gotta make sure you're questioning your reality. No use in doing it on autopilot; if you do that in a dream you'll probably not get lucid. Awareness is the key. Good luck.

Thank you looking forward to the possibility of more lucid dreams.

LD Count
      Missouri
      DJ Entries
      I've read mention of this a lot and I finally gave it a try a few nights ago. I thought it would offer a different experience than my usual WILD but I found it kept me way too awake. I eventually rolled over and just went into non lucid sleep due to boredom. I plan to keep at it though. I think this method shows some promise if perfected.

Banned
      LD Count
      0 yet
      DJ Entries
      thanks

Lurker
      Gonna try to do this tonight, last attempt I failed first time due to thinking ok much so decided to wait and after that I just fell asleep.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      I found that this technique is great for meditation or for inducing a WILD. Because i'm doing this "finger flickering", my mind is concentrating on that task alone. And that puts my body in a deep relaxing state. Now, i never achieved WILD with this, but i got some vibrations and i felt deeply relaxed.
      Last edited by DreamHighlander; 06-25-2014 at 05:22 PM.

Member Achievements:
      Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

DJ Entries
      i''ll give it a try tonight...

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class

Tried it this morning a few times, but every time after a minute or less of wiggling my index and middle finger I just fell asleep unconsciously. Did I not move my fingers fast/far enough to tell my brain to stay awake? Planning to give this a few more tries. But there's also the problem that my bedroom is quite bright in the morning and I have trouble falling back asleep if I stay awake longer than 2 minutes, and if I don't stay awake long enough I feel like I don't gain enough awareness. I haven't had a WILD in a long time, regardless of the techniques I tried, maybe the bright room is part of the problem if not the problem..

DJ Entries
      Thank you sooo much will surely try it. ohhh thankssss

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      NOW
      DJ Entries
      So, after I wake up (at like 4am), I shouldn't write down my dreams?? Because I usually do. So, shoild I just wake up, "play the piano", and then enter the LD?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      It depends Ajanime22
      I usualy (if I wake tired enough) play the piano rigtht after woke
      but you can write down a journal then start later, but you'll need to wait till your body get tired
      You can write a few key words too, this way you don't need to full awake to journal it until morning
      "I'll wait here by your side
      'Till you fall asleep
      I'll wait until you cry
      All over me
      the tears you hide inside"

Sweet Dreams!

I make videos Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      530+ and more
      Poland
      You know I'm actually starting to wonder if general repetitive movements speed up the dream process. I've done this technique before, but I always thought they key was not moving beyond a very slight amount. The other day however, I wanted to go do WILD or WBTB, I'd gotten up, but I had restless legs from waking up at a weird time. I kept kicking my legs back and forth and like fidgeting in my bed, unable to get back to sleep. But while I was doing this, it seemed to kick me right into the vivid stage of hypnagogia where life-like scenes appear, and so I just jumped straight into one.

It was the weirdest, I was in a dream, but in my body at the same time. I was not in sleep paralysis and could move my physical body, but I could also move my body inside the dream, and both felt equally real. I actually found I had to wait for a while for my actual body to paralyse itself, because otherwise my movements in the dream were causing me to move for real. I've repeated this technique since and while I didn't purposefully try and kick my legs or anything, I noticed that on a few of my successes, I was still moving about when it happened.

The other thing is it works a lot faster than regular WILD, like 30-120 seconds from laying down to being in a dream. So yes, any of you who struggle with being restless when you wake up for your WBTB, try not to worry about it, if you have to fidget, make it repetitive, try and relax anyway, and focus on the black behind your eyes until images form and can be entered.

IMO this kind of stuff is a gold mine for people like myself who struggle to get comfortable enough for sleep paralysis to occur.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13