• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Like Tree395Likes

Thread: oneiroer's workbook

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Does this dream sound at least a little bit precognitive or at least trying to tell me something? I asked myself what I could remember this morning and I remembered kinda being at my friend's dad's house. Well today my friend wanted to hang out. I couldn't today though... Sometimes my dreams seem like I am on another planet too...

I tried remembering my dreams again i think i was lucid dreaming last night but forgot what it was about...

Edit for a third time felt like writing:
      I've been asleep for far too long
      Waking and dreaming life
      Teach me all who teach
      In my dreaming time
      That's when I'll learn
      When I'm awake in dreaming
      My reality goes far beyond my waking life
      I've noticed coincidences or not occurring between worlds
      There's something far beyond my mind I must explore
      To fully know myself
      Last edited by oneiroer; 08-25-2015 at 01:55 AM.
      NyxCC and CanisLucidus like this.

Dream Guide Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      About the dream - I think it's up to you to tell. From experience - there are moments where something happens in a dream and usually the same day something happens during the day. The events may be very similar or one may notice some sort of connection. When this happens, the recognition is as if something clicks, and you see the connection. Does that make sense?

I absolutely love the poem above! Thanks for sharing it!
      oneiroer and CanisLucidus like this.
      Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Yes it does make sense thank you. And thank you very much for liking my poem, was worried no one would like it... Going to try wake back to bed tonight and tomorrow and possibly wilds. I think I will meditate with some relaxing music or something on youtube tonight. NyxCC and or CanisLucidus, do you guys meditate at all? Just wondering and how you guys meditate.
      CanisLucidus and NyxCC like this.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I've been asleep for far too long
      Waking and dreaming life
      Very nice, oneiroer, thanks for sharing that poem! The first two lines in particular resonate with me.

That's very much how I felt when I first discovered lucid dreaming (and that I could even reliably recall my dreams at all!) I was stunned on how much I'd missed out on.

But fortunately for all of us, it's never too late to start.

NyxCC and or CanisLucidus, do you guys meditate at all? Just wondering and how you guys meditate.
      I don't set aside particular time to meditate. The closest I get is when I'm falling asleep at night or during WBTB. I empty my mind and just enjoy the silence of the night and the pleasant anticipation of the dream adventures to come.

It feels like a sort of quasi-meditation to me, and I really enjoy it.
      oneiroer and NyxCC like this.

Dreaming Partner: Dreamer

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Nice CanisLucidus. Thanks for liking my poem too! Well, I did a wake back to bed last night. I went to bed at 11 something or 12. Set my alarm for 4 am. Not sure if I lucid dreamed but I remember pretty vividly I had a dream about my boss. She told me she loves me (I guess it was kinda a fantasy dream... ) and she told me something like she would clean for me... I didn't get a chance to talk but it was as if my boss was really there...

Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      NyxCC and or CanisLucidus, do you guys meditate at all? Just wondering and how you guys meditate.
      For my meditation sessions, I usually sit on the couch, although if I happen to be outside I might do an open air open eyed meditation. So, while sitting with eyes closed or open, I mostly focus on the feeling of relaxation of my body, which works really nice to take care of any bothersome thoughts. I might randomly choose any other focus points, like chakras or breath or just try to feel the contours of my body. Also, I like watching the darkness behind my eyelids or the lights that appear after a while. I could try to play a "what's on my mind" type of game - quiet the mind for a few seconds and see which thought comes first. Then reset to blank state and wait again, it's fun way to explore one's mind.
      oneiroer likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      never mind sorry...
      Attached Images
      Last edited by oneiroer; 08-27-2015 at 08:43 AM.
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      ^^ You forgot to remove the pic.

I like the idea of combining the different symbols together. Actually, I have a suggestion for you - why don't you try and dream of the pattern for the dream catcher and see what your subconscious mind comes up with. It can be both in an ld or a nld.
      oneiroer likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Good idea NyxCC will try
      NyxCC likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Kinda strange i guess but i think i have been dreaming about a group of indian people like from india or something... i have a vague recollection of dreams involving people from another culture anyway the last 2 nights...
      NyxCC likes this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      ^^ sounds interesting , any idea what the plot was?

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Not too much we were somewhere I didn't recognize... (I think I was wanting a sandwich or something to eat though lol... )If I remember something like that again I will try to remember more details.

Hey guys, I uploaded a track to my www.soundcloud.com/Oneiroer site. I played it on my usb midi keyboard. Do you guys think I should use this as the basic structure of my song or should I get better at piano first? The song I would like you guys to check out I called Symphonic 2.
      Last edited by oneiroer; 09-03-2015 at 02:32 AM.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Thanks for sharing, oneiroer! It's a really beautiful song! Very dreamy and it takes me away when I listen to it.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      You're welcome NyxCC! Very glad you like it! I might add electric guitar to it when I get proper equipment to go with my guitar.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Been doing reality checks throughout the day today when my app tells me to... Also been practicing some awareness like where I was 5 minutes ago now and where I will be in 5 minutes. One time I was looking in a mirror when my alarm went off and reality checked. That would be cool if I see a mirror when I am dreaming.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Reread "At the same time wonder -- really wonder -- what effect you are having on the space and people around you, and what effect the space and people around you are having on you." from lesson three. I didn't read the second part where it says really wonder what effect people are having on me. Just doing the first part made me depressed cause sometimes I feel like I am not having an effect on people. Will definitely do both parts of awareness tomorrow. Was trying to be more mindful like doing reality checks and telling myself in a dream this would be possible. Was that good on my part to be more mindful or is there something else I should be doing to be more mindful?

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      I did it this morning. I was dreaming i was somewhere i didnt recognize as usual. There was a plot of some sort going on but then all of a sudden i was lucid and drawing on paper on a painting in an art gallery i assume.... my drawing wasnt coming out that great as i didnt know what to draw but man did it really feel like i was drawing!

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by oneiroer View Post
      I did it this morning. I was dreaming i was somewhere i didnt recognize as usual. There was a plot of some sort going on but then all of a sudden i was lucid and drawing on paper on a painting in an art gallery i assume.... my drawing wasnt coming out that great as i didnt know what to draw but man did it really feel like i was drawing!
      Great job oneiroer!! Congratulations on the lucid!

I'm glad that you got to have a little fun creating some lucid art work.

Speaking of art work, great job with the song! It's really nice and would make an excellent dream soundtrack.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Thank you CanisLucidus much apreciated. I remembered a dream this morning where i realized i was too late for work. Hopefully i can keep this up!

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Really working n awareness today. I have the day off work and as I'm writing this I'm at a Chinese resturaunt. I'm listening to everything actually tasted my food I don't usually. This awareness stuff is cool!

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by oneiroer View Post
      Reread "At the same time wonder -- really wonder -- what effect you are having on the space and people around you, and what effect the space and people around you are having on you." from lesson three. I didn't read the second part where it says really wonder what effect people are having on me. Just doing the first part made me depressed cause sometimes I feel like I am not having an effect on people. Will definitely do both parts of awareness tomorrow. Was trying to be more mindful like doing reality checks and telling myself in a dream this would be possible. Was that good on my part to be more mindful or is there something else I should be doing to be more mindful?
      Hey oneiroer! Your mindfulness practices are great! I especially liked the last one in the Chinese restaurant. Food is one of the good places to start with ADA like exercises. I think I saw a good post by Royaltramp on that actually, let me see if I can find it.

http://www.dreamviews.com/induction-...ml#post2171744

If you should feel anything while having the "how do I affect others" thoughts, it should be endless amazement. You can think about it from a chemical perspective or even from a cosmic perspective. No matter what you do you are always affecting the world around you, even if you don't do anything. On the very basic level, your cells are in constant communication not just with each other but with those around you. When you interact with others all sorts of chemicals are released and received by cells. Imagine all that! By the way, if you haven't seen the movie "what the bleep do we know", I recommend watching it. It can convey much more clearly what I am trying to explain.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Thank you NyxCC! I'll check it out.

On a side note I think I found one thing I would like to do in a lucid dream. Orchestrate some music. Preferably have a band play in a concert and direct them. Perhaps even play an instrument or two with the band. Still also want to work on lucid art work and hopefully be able to draw it out in waking reality.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Had a short lucid last night. I was feeling powerful in the dream and I or someone was out to get someone. I felt like an observer and saw someone going somewhere with like a knife or something. The cool part is this dream was at about 12 am just a couple of hours after I went to sleep! but the atmosphere was like that of a nightmare so I awoke...

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Congratulations on the lucid, oneiroer! Great job on getting that LD so near the onset of sleep, too! I'm always hoping to have one of those to start off my night, but it's been a while for me now!

And your LD goal (conduct / compose original music with a full band or orchestra) sounds great!

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Thank you CanisLucidus!
      CanisLucidus likes this.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast