• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

plainwell, mi
      DJ Entries

Dc's deliberatly trying to wake you?

I haven't been on here in awhile, haven't had much luck lucid dreaming since I quit smoking over a year ago, but recently started having some short ones. One thing I noticed is that a couple days ago I had two short lucid dreams in the morning. The first one didn't last long, I was at walmart, doing some shopping and snapped into a lucid when i realized that what I had in my hands is something I would never buy (it was a stuffed smurf). Strangest way I think i ever had a sudden lucid moment. Anyways I then started going through the store and minching on chips and drinking beer as I felt like it. A normal guy walks up to me and starts screaming at me that it's against the law to be dreaming in a walmart, i just ignored him, but then he grabbed me and slapped me and I woke up.

That got me thinking that there had been a few other times when a dc deliberatly has tryed to stop my dream. Anyone else ever go through this and is it something common?

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      2018: 1
      São Paulo
      DJ Entries
      Well, this is interesting. I've never heard of this, to be honest.

You know, DCs are part of you. They literally come from you, after all. I dunno why this is happening. Could it be that some part of you sees you eating and having beers at Walmart a "waste" of lucid dream and wants you to do something... more? It's a bit out there, but we don't a lot of info here... would you mind sharing what other dreams have been interrupted by your DCs?

Hurricane At The Sea (1850) and Shipwreck (1854) by Ivan Aivazovsky

The dreamer formerly known as Angelpotter

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Hey there,

While I don't remember dream characters actively trying to wake me during a lucid dream, I've had plenty of lucid dreams in which there were dream characters which I felt I needed to avoid or they'd stop me from lucid dreaming. These dream characters almost always represent someone who, in waking life, has the authority to set rules and regulations (father, boss, etc...). Lucid dreams, to me, are all about freedom. So I guess that's my psyche warring with itself

-Redrivertears-

LD Count
      USA
      DJ Entries
      My friend used to have dreams where DCs would literally tell him and try to convince him he was asleep, but no, I've never heard of DCs trying to wake you up.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      UK
      This used to happen to me quite often a while back. I'd become lucid to suddenly find people begin to chase me and I'd know that the moment they got to me I'd wake. I've tried overpowering these DC's but it didn't work so well, as they also seem to have a big influence in the dream and dream powers. I've tried hiding but they always end up finding me.

I've managed to evade this once by calling out to the awareness behind the dream as the people after me were approaching me. I could literaly see a bunch of man in black suits (Matrix style) going from DC to DC to find out whether they were dreaming and then just as they were about to get to me I called out to the awareness behind the dream and the dream suddenly opened up a hole in the wall as a secret passage for me to flee. I entered it and it closed. The scene went all black and I entered a new dream scene whilst still lucid.

It certainly is interesting why this happens. I'd say don't make a big deal of it and it should go away. If you concentrate on it than it's more likely to happen again. We get what wish for. Always. Specially in dreams.
      Last edited by Rodrodrod; 10-06-2015 at 06:56 PM.
      "One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving."

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

Dream-Solar Kamehameha Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      I lost count
      DJ Entries
      Not exactly, but those guys can be sneaky. I'm not sure if he deliberately tries to wake me up, but I think it's more like... he knows when I'm about to wake up and does some stupid crap to make me think I got kicked out.

A few weeks ago, I had a lucid where I wanted to learn a specific fighting technique. So I ask to be shown how. He pretty much said "Sure, I'll give you some first-hand experience." and then, with this big stupid grin on his face, attacks ME and I get utterly obliterated, causing me to wake up. I don't know if he woke me up or he just knew I was about to and was messing with my head. I imagine it's the latter since they're really just part of your subconscious and all.

LD goal: Solar kamehameha! SSGSS status!

(Hey, you, wanna play a game?)