• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Like Tree10Likes

Thread: AquaBlitz11's Workbook (DILD class)

Dream Guide - DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'
      DJ Entries
      ^Agreed. If you are trying to choose between trying a DEILD or rolling over to do your recall, maybe go by how you feel. If you feel you are still in that "dreamy" state FM mentions then that might be the time you go for a DEILD attempt. If you feel too awake or you just want to recall before losing something you can go ahead and record your dreams. You could also combine the two and mentally go over your recall while trying to stay in a dreamy state and then turn that into a DEILD attempt by visualizing going back into that dream and taking some action(s) that you can only do in a dream, or something you really want to do in your next lucid, while not getting too excited or worked up. Does that make sense? Let us know if not and we will try to clarify.

Subliminal Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      LD Count
      Thailand
      DJ Entries
      Thanks for that. It was enough. So, I'll just depend on how I feel at moment I wake up; but to train myself to stay still and think before selecting an action then. That should be something I'll feel suited. As for progress tracking, I did summary of my month #1 to... erm... track, of course! Actually, last night, I slept at 10:30 AM and woke up at 6:10 AM. Recalled almost nothing, except this gruesome tiny fragment. Anyways, I won't blame anything since my sleeping schedule was just messed up from that night. I'll just recover my dream recall rate tonight. Actively working for more lucids!

Subliminal Achievements:
      LD Count
      Thailand
      DJ Entries
      There comes a daily copy-paste progress!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBlitz11 View Post
      I just noticed I haven't posted here for a while. Let me get on it, I guess.

August 28th 2015 night
      Went to bed at 10 PM, probably took me half an hour to fall asleep. Awake at 2 AM, recalled a fragment. Went to sleep and woke up earlier at 7 AM. Recalled a fragment of false awakening, and probably other dream. Though, I couldn't really assure if another thing was really a dream, or something that came up when I tried to recall.

August 29th 2015 night
      Went to bed at 9:30 PM, took half an hour to fall asleep. Recalled a long dream with short, tiny lucidity sparking from time to time. Interesting one this time, finally dream that weren't just classes! Woke up at 7 AM. I'll write dream journal of this soon, whenever I have time.

August 30th 2015 night
      Slept at 11 PM, awake at 3:30 AM and 6:30 AM. Recalled no dreams, no fragments at all. However, while noting things down to my phone with random thoughts. I recalled a dream from long time ago, which I used to have (recalled) and forgot it. Sadly, I can't remember much details, just only the place it took and main plot. Still, there's always question... "was that what I dream about for this night?"

I just realized also... procrastinating, being too lazy to write down progresses here actually back me down. For some reason, not doing something I've been doing for habit, would make me completely forget the objective that links with it. In this case, lucid dreaming. Well, there I come. Let's go for better progress tonight, actually lucid dream, eh?

Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      Recalled no dreams, no fragments at all. However, while noting things down to my phone with random thoughts. I recalled a dream from long time ago, which I used to have (recalled) and forgot it. Sadly, I can't remember much details, just only the place it took and main plot. Still, there's always question... "was that what I dream about for this night?"
      It makes me wonder if maybe you had a recurring dream again that night or a false memory dream that night of a previous dream, or perhaps even some similar dream that reminded you of that dream from a long time ago…either way, I think it is wonderful when old dreams come back to the surface.

Subliminal Achievements:
      LD Count
      Thailand
      DJ Entries
      Sorry for not being specific. It was simply a similar dream, just place, actions, feels might do. Reminded me of an old dream I used to have. I just found out how important dream journaling is. Some dreams are only to be forgotten, even how great it might feel. However, sadly, I couldn't recall too much details of what I was doing there. Could only remember the place. I'd be quite sad if whole thing was false memory, but I'm sure it wasn't.

There were some cases. I recalled them out of nowhere on days I woke up without recalls. So, it could be possible that they recurred once again. I'm afraid I'd miss them. Actually, past dream fragments started turning into a dream sign for present dreams. I'll just sleep onto another nights and see details clearly.

A simple and short progress tracking anyways. September 2nd 2015 night, recalled a dream. Last night, recalled two dreams. This night? More please. Also, I think I'm going to do less of daily progress here. It seems like an uninteresting spam, so I'd rather post them when I feel I want to. Or, whenever anything interesting appears. So there, another night to try! Lucidity tonight!

Subliminal Achievements:
      LD Count
      Thailand
      DJ Entries
      As for progress tracking, my dream recall has been on its constant rate. Being around 2 dreams a night, thanks to natural awakenings noticed. However, I failed to recall any on September 4th's night. I continued dreaming after I was awake without noting any dreams. Completely forgot all dreams when I woke up in the morning. I have to be serious with dream journaling every awakening. This intention eventually got me remembering by last night's awakening. Regained my dream recalls per night to 2 dreams a night as always. It can be better than this.

Anyways, there's nothing much to celebrate except lucidity. Thanks to false awakening! I finally managed to get a lucid dream once again last night. Same as a lucid dream on August 21st night, I could control certain some aspects in my dream easily. So, more motivation! I don't have to worry about ability to control my dreams at all. Instead, it's time to narrow the gap between each lucid dream! I'm closer to my goals.

Subliminal Achievements:
      LD Count
      Thailand
      DJ Entries
      Warning. A wall of text I just want to write to keep myself updated.
      I decided I should get myself updated on my progress. Especially on how I'm practicing, both daytime and night time. So here I am!

General sleeping schedule

Recently, I've been getting a stable sleeping schedule. Thanks to school not stressing me out. Hope it's not anytime soon. I usually sleep at 10-11 PM and wake up at 6:30 AM. 8 hours of sleep, fascinating. I tried to make myself feel a bit more awake on each awakening. Mainly for recalls, instead of recognizing them and sleeping immediately. This proved to be useful for waking life also. Felt much more normal to get out of bed than sleeping to late school time. Although, I felt quite lazy these days. Most dreams were forgotten so easily as I haven't thought about them much enough. So, get it simple: 1) Noticing awakenings (More awareness) 2) Effective dream journaling.

Practices

As always, being aware of self and environments. Upcoming thing: reality checks. It was a huge step from my first days of lucid dreaming. 1) I actually do reality checks mindfully 2) Awareness/Concentration improves. For now, I just RC whenever I thought about it. They're quite a habit; to remember them over time. Simple reality checks done: hand/fingers/palm check. Double time checking. (Time checking is some of real habits here. People wonder why I've to check twice, every single time.) They're slowly appearing in my dreams.

Until now, I haven't tried WILD or DEILD yet. I'm still going to stick with DILD + MILD. As always, environment issues. I spend around 20-30 minutes each night to fall asleep. That's pretty rough thing to do for me. And, I'd rather continue repeating my intentions to my subconscious.

Dream journaling is main thing. If not lucid, at least I'd love some recalls each night. I normally note my dreams down on my phone. Put an understandable one on DV if it's long enough. I've a lovely leather book out there mainly for dream journaling. Sadly, I don't have time to write things down. I'm still trying to make use of it.

Progress

Exactly 45 nights for lucid dreaming attempt. I managed to have 2 lucid dreams. Both proved my believes that dream controlling is easy. I don't know why, but I'm glad I did them quite effortlessly. Recorded total of 19 dreams to these days. Stupid maths says 0.42 dreams per night. 42 is answer to everything, but not for me. It was lower than what I expected. It seems like a week consists two parts: nice recalls and few days with no recalls at all. Weird, but still yet something I've to celebrate on! If I have to compare this to my old days, it is somewhere around 1,500% better. (Maths!) What else could I be expecting? Getting better and better. Lucid dreaming takes long time to master, but that doesn't mean there are no fruits for labors. I'll just have fun with my dreamimg journey.

Goals

I'd rather separate them into time that it should cost.

Next lucid dream: I don't think I'm ready for huge goals yet. I'd rather continue trying to get lucid. That would be better, surely supportive for what I'll do next. But for now, by next lucid dream. I'll wander around the environment and see what I can do. I'd let myself have fun with all the control I have. Whether that I'll try my superhuman powers, trolling dream characters around, fly and dive into pleasure or whatever I care. Simple, have fun with it.

Short-term Goals: Being able to consistently recall dreams every night. Gradually improving to two or more dreams per night. Increasing my lucidity chance and rate. Mastering dream controls. Conclusion, getting myself prepared for anything I'd like to do. Within this time period, I could try any of higher one as I'd love.

Long-term Goals: I don't pursue lucidity just for short-term fun. Of course, they can be pretty much enjoyable. However, once I've got enough of them, they'll be boring. So, I think I would rather gain some benefits from it. It will be some kind of "lifespan extension" once I master lucid dreaming. As listed in first post of Intro/DILD course workbook.
      • Getting to know better about myself, psychologically. I do believe I can talk to my subconscious directly as if it was a separate entity. It would be some deeper feeling I can't notice with consciousness. Did this once by my first lucid. Got assured that my lucid attempts will work, and worth it.
      • Understanding oneself would eventually lead to understanding others. I can't even stress out how I actually feel towards someone. There are too many thoughts to influence. I don't even know if it was by my heart, or a simple narrow thought. My subconscious knows more, and is trying to tell me when I want it. I just have to recognize it.
      • Solving multitude of problems within dreams. I can't imagine how it would be if humans do not sleep. There are always cases you have to sleep while being stressed out. And you somehow figure them out when you wake up. Sometimes, relaxed state with boosted creativity does help.
      • Practicing wide arrays of things I've interest in. Actually, I'm aiming for piano practices. Doing things in dream should still effect muscle memory. I can't see how doing things can be easier than doing them in a dream.
      • Of course. An opened way, readily waiting for me to release stress. Have a fun life in my own realm as much as I want. If possible, I'd create some persistent dream realms. I always have an idea of this in real life, hoping it would be true. Did experience that world once non-lucid. It could be something for me to base of. Joy of creation.

I've to remind my subconscious that lucid dreaming is important thing. Writing this whole thing down is best way. Haven't written something as long as this for once in a while. I'll just get closer and closer to my goals as time passes.

Simple progress tracking, failed to recall any dreams for last two nights. -facepalm- Anyways. Let's just recover it tonight. Lucidity!

LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      No worries about the "wall of text." It is definitely a good way to reference what you were doing at any particular time which can be helpful when you see changes happening (good or bad).

Subliminal Achievements:
      LD Count
      Thailand
      DJ Entries
      Absolutely a bad week I've got there. I can't blame anything, I guess. I just feel a bit less motivated, and less effort put to LD. My dream recalls went down to only 2 dreams for this whole week. Quite disappointed, but a sign that I've to keep up and motivate myself again. I've recently caught up with something else to feel interested also. I just keep on sleeping later than usual. Heh, but anyways. I'll try to bring my dream recalls back up to my usual rate. Lucidity is still my goal after all!

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Waking life does sometimes take a toll on dreaming practice. Every time you feel knocked down, just get up, brush yourself off, and get right back into it. The great thing about dreaming is that *we all dream every night*, you don't have to do anything to promote dreaming! You just need to cultivate the desire and the habit of remembering your dreams.

I like your goal section. I recommend that for your next lucid dream you pick something very simple and *concrete* to do in your dream. I also love looking around in dreams, but try to pick something in particular you want to see: the texture of the ground, a tree, the face of a DC, etc. And focus on this particular detailed goal. Detailed goals are wonderful for promoting lucidity and incubating the kind of dream you want to have which can in itself promote lucidity as your mind may recognize the scenario that matches your goal. That's my recommendation for now: focus on simple, specific goals for your next LD. Make sure you think about this goal frequently and imagine how awesome it will be when you finally achieve it in a LD. It's best if it's something you can be really excited about.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Subliminal Achievements:
      LD Count
      Thailand
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      and *concrete*
      Waw, much waw. Well, yea, actually. I figure out there's a thing I always wonder. Do I wear glasses in my dream? I just want to try checking out this minor details. Actually, I think it might be one of nice reality checks. Some experiments on dream vision would be great. For the goals to come up after that, I don't have too much idea. However, since flying is already boring. I wanted to try replicating some game elements into dream life. Like, some HUD, dialog boxes and such I always wished for? Also, diving into water is my current goal also.

For sake of progress tracking. I've finally got myself into this again, just a few days ago. Those other short interests don't last as long as I expected. But, yea, it's nice! Recalled none on September 13th-14th. Recalled a fragment on September 15th 2015, which I could also call it a long dream. As always, classes in dream don't differ too much. Interestingly, it prompted me to check Humble Bundle. Don't know why it did, but this bundle was far more interesting than most, I can tell. Subconscious still record those one-second-read emails, eh? (Funnily enough, just now. Weekly bundle consists a great thing in super low price: GameMaker Studio Pro. Sure thing to buy.)

September 16th 2015 night. The dream persisted until I realized I was awake. By that time, I tried recalling back what it was, but had no concrete memory of it. It was some kind of debates about Super Mario Maker. I didn't give too much thoughts, until I saw Matpat's livestream on Super Mario Maker. I freaked out. Again, it seemed possible as I took a look at some of his videos before going to bed. Seeing how he actually did daily livestream. Nothing to note much here. Two nights straight of something nagging me about the future is still... surprising.

There was also a fragment I felt I recalled it once in WBTB, WILD attempt. I couldn't remember it in the morning. Until I got school, and suddenly thought about it. That was absolutely right, and I don't think it would be a false memory. This dream also reminded me of an old dream. Sadly, I wasn't able to recall it outright. Only remembered a few scene.

And, for last night. Before I went sleeping, I recalled another interesting dream. I felt it was quite recent, not something too far. Only to conclude it was one of dreams I might have forgotten in my valley week. Most of time I tried to recall on these days, I lost them at that moment. I couldn't feel worse as that dream was freaking nice. Game elements came back to play. Though, waking up, recalling this night's dream. It was just a class. Although, I could feel the teacher trying to value me. Trying to mentor, bringing me back up from depressed, aimless feeling I had since 14th. I could remember some of joyful tear I had in that dream. Writing this, I just noticed I came back to my old self. How weird.

Again. I could relate that night's dream to my talks with one of my friends in the evening. It seems like extraordinary things in each day do mess up with our dreams. I remembered that dream teacher's personality. Although, I couldn't remember his name or where I first met him. Until this morning, I had to freak out again. My usual teacher for social studies was absent. He so then attended this class instead. What's with the future prediction, seriously?

So, that's all! I can confirm I'm now back to community of dreamers. Let myself be lucid tonight!
      Last edited by AquaBlitz11; 09-18-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Day residue is really interesting. Sometimes it's the same night, sometimes it's a few days or even more delayed. But I can almost always find some relationship between waking events and dream happenings. Keep up the day practice as best you can and keep reaching for dream memories every time you find yourself awake. Over time your dreaming will improve, slow and steady wins the race!
      AquaBlitz11 likes this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Subliminal Achievements:
      LD Count
      Thailand
      DJ Entries
      Let me note my progress after I haven't for a period of time.

September 18th, 2015
      I slept at 10:30 PM and woke up naturally at 6:30 AM No natural awakenings throughout the night recognized. I recalled a long dream with multiple scenes. That led me to a problem: I couldn't make a linear timeline. I decided to try using Mental Map Recall technique by Zoth.

September 19th, 2015
      I slept at 10:30 PM and woke up at 7:15 AM. I could only recall a dream's ending and a period before it. Due to stress for upcoming finals, this dream featured new contents: doing exams in my dreams. This eventually became one of my dream signs.

September 20th, 2015
      I slept at 10:30 PM, set the alarm clock to 2:45 AM to try out WBTB. However, I woke up at 2:31 AM. Recalled a long dream of advanced grammar exams. Thanks to myself wandering around Grammarly.com all day before going to bed. Continued sleeping to 6:30 AM, but I could only recall a blurry fragment. Not anything concrete

September 21st, 2015
      I slept at 11 PM, set the alarm clock to 3:45 AM to test out my cycles. Due to setting low sound, I didn't wake up at all. I woke up at 5 AM with no recalls, and 7 AM with a funny dream. I was at school, as always, yet I still didn't notice it. Body sensations from real life even appeared in my dreams. I continued sleeping on until 8:35 AM, another dream recalled.

September 22nd, 2015
      I don't know what I should do. Whenever I touch my piano, I can't get myself out of it. Last night, I kept playing until 11 PM. Noticing that, I went to bed. However, I couldn't sleep. It took me an hour to actually fall asleep, the time I had to force myself to stop thinking about other things. I tried experimenting with time a bit more. Woke up at 3:30 AM. I could remember walking along the street while having a nice inner monologue in my head. Actually what I always thought when I felt free and had something great to share: drafting out my posts on forums. Of course! Whether way, I continued sleeping until 6:45 AM, recalled a dream. Probably two? I'm not really sure.

My finals ended. Sadly, I still have a bit of work left to do. Whether way, that's nice! I'm released from this stressful semester. I should be able to spend my effort on LDing, and other hobbies I would also love. I'm still wondering, what should I be targetting right now? I literally have no idea if there are anything I should try out. Most things are to be done in lucid dreams, yet my rate is quite low.

Any tips would be appreciated!

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I'm still wondering, what should I be targetting right now?
      Always and forever: the fundamentals!
      + Awareness: paying attention to life, and be aware of your awareness. Try to keep this up at all times, even stressful school's-in-session times. Critical reflection, and realizing the point of your awareness: to recognize the dream state.
      + Dream Recall: reach for dream memories every time your find yourself awake
      + Access to memory: recall your day at night-time before bed; set key "memory anchor" moments throughout the day and pledge to yourself that you will remember especially these moments during your bedtime day review.

And beyond the fundamentals:

+ Noticing night-time wakings (and practice recall at each one)
      + Practice staying absolutely still upon waking (preparation for DEILD)
      + DEILD attempts upon every waking
      + Learn and practice relaxation
      + Meditation
      + full WILD attempts with WBTB
      + prospective memory exercises

Read, research more. "Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" is an amazing book.

Even more:
      + start practicing Sivason's dream yoga exercises.
      + visualization exercises
      + work on your imagination

I also have issues disengaging from night-time activities and just going to bed on time, and on giving myself enough time for winding down and a pre-bedtime dream-boosting ritual (memory review of the day, relaxation, setting intention for the night for LDing). I think doing this is really important, though, since it is proof to yourself that you place great importance on your dreaming life.
      Last edited by FryingMan; 09-23-2015 at 04:40 PM.
      AquaBlitz11 likes this.

Subliminal Achievements:
      LD Count
      Thailand
      DJ Entries
      Apologies for being quite lazy with LD classes lately. Whether way, I'm back on my track. I'll start reworking on my progress. As for tips mentioned above, I gladly accept that. Thank you! I'll try them out. As for progress tracking and my usual writing style: make everything long, I'll copy-paste what I've written on my intro class. It seems to convey messages the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaBlitz11 View Post
      There were countless things to pursue. They could pop up from time to time, depending on what I did. Long piano training sessions, practicing Chess skills1, administering my Terraria servers, coding system plugins, reading some nice novels2, adding more things to my fantasy and much more; I could spend my whole day for that. My established sleeping schedule went down to trash. I unconsciously replaced my LD thoughts with my interests and even forgot them.

I aimed for a week of vacation out of dreamland. Those dream recalls popped up on occasion to remind me of a time limit. However, I decided to put them off with this lovely excuse: "You know. I don't want to keep tracking my attempts with halfway effort. Get all or nothing.". On the other hand, I felt uneasy so I questioned my subconscious mind. Was LD held with high priority, but I tried to act like I didn't care? I continued on with my natural choice: excuses.

Just this morning as I journaled two dreams, I scrolled up along my notes and... Wait, sir. Was the date written correctly? Ermagawd, almost two weeks! TWO, WEEKS! 18 days left before my next month count which I should have gotten at least another lucid dream. I double-checked with myself if I've done my tasks already. So, yes. Time to officially return has arrived.

I needed to write some words to keep me up, to prevent me from being lazy. Seeing my self-promise messages broken last time was quite uneasy. This kind of motivation used to help me before. Thus, these long paragraphs here hereby stated that I'm now back on my track to put my effort as much as possible. I believe I'll be able to keep myself up this time, so... Let's do it tonight!

Absolute tonight goal! (Wait, it's 1 AM already.) Yes, I think I should have some concrete goals to achieve instead of waiting for my lucid dream just to try out some dream controls. To get back on my track, tonight, let me recall at least two dreams! Worst case scenario would be one, surely not zero. Still being a bit passive on getting lucid, but if it appears, be sure to confirm my curiosity noted on previous posts.

That's all I would write for tonight's attempts. I'll be sure to keep making progress as I usually did.

Spoiler for Progress Summary:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Best of luck! Just keep on focusing on building the fundamentals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2