• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Share music you make here!

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Wish I could edit the last one so i dont double post but anyway I have a soundcloud site @ www.soundcloud.com/oneironaut26 my latest track is longer... any criticism would be nice cause i want to get better at piano.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Made a new soundcloud account for myself. Check it out if you'd like. I'm playing my midi keyboard on this recent track I just uploaded...

soundcloud.com/Oneiroer
      Amedee likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      My first song. I know I still need work but proud of this.

https://youtu.be/TYbWt8cVfO0
      DreamCafe11 and Amedee like this.

Long Time Lucid Explorer Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>DawnEye11</span>'s Avatar
      On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      It sounds lovely. I liked it on youtube. ^ w ^
      oneiroer likes this.
      "Be the best You, you can be...Relax...Listen...Imagine...*Silence*...Zzzzz"

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Thank you DreamCafe11! Much appreciated!

Please, call me Louai <span class='glow_008000'>LouaiB</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      Long hard work does make gradual progress. I haven't posted in a while, so check out where I am now. Here I just finished this earlier. Take a listen >

https://soundcloud.com/louaib/potatoes-p
      I fill my heart with fire, with passion, passion for what makes me nostalgic. A unique perspective fuels my fire, makes me discover new passions, more nostalgia. I love it.

"People tell dreamers to reality check and realize this is the real world and not one of fantasies, but little do they know that for us Lucid Dreamers, it all starts when the RC fails"
      Add me as a friend!!!

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered
      LD Count
      187✨
      Now
      DJ Entries
      Nice LouaiB - I listened to the end! It's cool
      OpheliaBlue and LouaiB like this.

Professional Nose-Booper Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Patience108 View Post
      Nice LouaiB - I listened to the end! It's cool
      seconded
      LouaiB likes this.

LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      Thnx Guys!!! I really appreciate the support TvT

It's been a year and 2 months since I started (1,200-1,500 hours of hard work). They say it takes 10,000 hours for mastery. I'd like to see where i'd be after 8,500 hours Xp
      MeohMyoh likes this.
      I fill my heart with fire, with passion, passion for what makes me nostalgic. A unique perspective fuels my fire, makes me discover new passions, more nostalgia. I love it.

"People tell dreamers to reality check and realize this is the real world and not one of fantasies, but little do they know that for us Lucid Dreamers, it all starts when the RC fails"
      Add me as a friend!!!

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Hi guys I have a couple of new tracks up.

https://soundcloud.com/oneiroer/a-gift-or-a-cursemp3
      https://soundcloud.com/oneiroer/a-new-hopemp3

Wouldn't mind some comments on my current stuff... I know I need to learn more piano to get better...

LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      @oneiroer nice tracks! I really liked a new hope. It's warmth was really nice. And i like the mixing of the kit. Good work

I did a new track. I'm not so sure about it's mix, cuz i'm too poor so i use earphones to do the sound engineering, and also I got bored midway so it cuts off, but whatever I kinda like it. Here it is:
      https://soundcloud.com/louaib/the-pie
      Last edited by LouaiB; 11-05-2015 at 06:40 PM.
      oneiroer likes this.

Add me as a friend!!!

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Thank you Louai! Glad you liked em! Ill check out your new track tomorrow.
      LouaiB likes this.

Temperance Advocate Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      VIII
      The Great Plains
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by oneiroer View Post
      Hi guys I have a couple of new tracks up.
      "A New Hope" - this is loop-based, right? Very nice mixing (though if loops, then, well, loops). Solid feel to it; I could use it in any number of scenes and it would make for good background music.
      Now where did I put my guns...
      "Gift or a Curse" - I don't mean this in a negative way, but just give it a try: take out the percussion loop. Just drop that part completely. Then find (or make) a loop that's just one rhythmic instrument/something per beat and try it; then try the same sound once a measure instead. I don't know if that'd be better, it just kinda jumped out at me. Into my head. Idea. thing. something

Quote Originally Posted by LouaiB View Post
      I did a new track.
      I'm trying to place what it reminds me of. Euro-house? Something tranc-y, but more melodic, I suppose. I must be critical enough to say that the lead, the melody, doesn't really go anywhere, though. For some applications that's fine; just keep in mind what you want the music to... well, what you want it to do.
      I will grant you this: the choice of sounds/instrumentation fit together quite nicely, other than the lead synth being a little sharp (imho). The drop (or intro crescendo) lands in a way that I really like! The almost gradual way it sweeps in works out very well. The instrumentation (particularly the odd percussion sounds) directly after that blends well. That lead, though... hm. Either too high in the mix or too sharp of a sound. (again, that's just my two cents.)

Reggae number: https://soundcloud.com/project-signe...ly-island-demo
      Ambient/Celtic?/#trying to hit the notes: https://soundcloud.com/project-signe...r-to-my-sister
      ^Thoughts on content (not mixing) on these would be much appreciated!

Also, I really wish I could get a second opinion on this one I posted earlier in this thread.
      LouaiB likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Thanks Signet I will try that. I play the instuments on midi keyboard piano. No loops there though. But i will take out the drum loop. And work on my piano playing. Thank you for your comment!

LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      @Signet

Euro-house
      I'm terrible at fitting my tracks into a genre, but if I where to pick a genre, I would have chose progressive house. Euro house works too. Euro progressive house? Lol.

the lead, the melody, doesn't really go anywhere
      Yeah I can see that. I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it's not really good.

what you want it to do
      I feel I need to porspone more deliberate composing till I buy a midi and be good at playing. When I get a nice melody in my head after I'm done with the chords, I always forget it half way through plotting it on the piano roll. Even the chords face kind of the same problem, but less bcz I'm good at doing and memorizing progressions, plus the inversions are easier when done after the main progression.

lead synth being a little sharp (imho)
      The lead being too sharp is something I always get told. Idk if it's bcz I use earphones to mix, but I like how the lead is crisp and sharp. Also I don't see a problem with it bcz it doesn't interfere with the High hats and white noise and so on. I do cut a bit of it's highs though lately, more than I would like, bcz of these complaints, but seems it needs more. Gonna test more with that.

the choice of sounds/instrumentation fit together quite nicely. The drop (or intro crescendo) lands in a way that I really like! The almost gradual way it sweeps in works out very well. The instrumentation (particularly the odd percussion sounds) directly after that blends well
      Thank you! It's a funny story bcz in the past i was a sucker for YT tutorials which honestly corrupted my mixes. After watching some professional videos on mixing, I dropped everything I knew about mixing and learned from scratch. In short, now I know that levels and stereo are the most important parts of the mix, and the first go to when facing a problem. Those and low/high cuts. Before that, I used to go to the EQ and modify like crazy. No wonder my mixes where shit. But lucky, I always knew about the roles of different frequency regions and about having good and full frequency range.

Also the nice sweep it has is thnx to some white noise, then the trick on the drop to make it impactful is to cut the lows before it drops using EQ automation, and the moment it drops, introduce the lows with a nice warm bass and lows and a crisp crash (also I added those applause but i'm not sure if I corrupted that sample too much it sound like gibberish now :/). Also a low blow I think.

particularly the odd percussion sounds
      Yup, I ruined the applause sample

Thnx a lot for the feedback! I really appreciate the help. I'll see if I can fix the melody. Should be easy enough.

Also, I really wish I could get a second opinion on this one I posted earlier in this thread
      The link led me to this page :/

Ambient/Celtic?/#trying to hit the notes
      I like it. I'm not one to criticize this kind of music bcz my preference is different, but I really felt you should try adding more pauses from roughly around 0:28 to 0:38. That region. It would make it much more interesting and meaningful.
      Last edited by LouaiB; 11-07-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Add me as a friend!!!

Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      VIII
      The Great Plains
      DJ Entries
      [checks link]
      ....oh. Well, I feel sheepish. >__<
      Here.

The "sharpness" of the lead isn't a matter of EQ, per se, but rather of your choice of lead. If you're using a digital synth generator/plugin, then the cutoff should be something you can set. Check for that - the cutoff.

Ruined or not, what you call the applause sample works out fine. No need to change it!

Thanks for the info and EQ automation, and thank you for your thoughts.
      Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week; you have a schedule, a calendar... Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures.
      A fear of time running out.

LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      @ Signet

The "sharpness" of the lead isn't a matter of EQ, per se, but rather of your choice of lead. If you're using a digital synth generator/plugin, then the cutoff should be something you can set. Check for that - the cutoff.
      But the EQ does do cutoff. I said I was doing a high cut, which IS a cutoff. The cutoff is simply a highcut (or lowpass. Same thing).

But anyways, yeah I use synths mostly. Only when doing orchestral do I use mostly soundfonts. I think I just realized a posible cause of the problem. I listen to music and turn the volume to 100% when the drop comes, but when I make a drop, I listen at 20-30% volume. This must be why I tend to crisp it more than needed bcz I'm used to listening to music with 100% volume when the drop comes. (If you don't know, higher volumes emphasize the high frequencies more than lows, or at least in my case cuz I don't have flat frequency monitors )

Ruined or not, what you call the applause sample works out fine. No need to change it!
      Thnx! Glad I don't have to deal with it

Thanks for the info and EQ automation, and thank you for your thoughts.
      NP. Anytime!

I have a question: How long have you been making music??

Also, that song you made. It's really really good. I especially love the pluck and that ambient violin I presume? But at 1:20 that guitar kicks in and honestly it's not good. change it. It's sound and the melody you play with it aren't good. But everything before it I really loved!
      Last edited by LouaiB; 11-08-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Add me as a friend!!!

LD Count
      VIII
      The Great Plains
      DJ Entries
      That volume bit would affect the sound, yeah. >__<

On the track, there's no violin. On the verses there's a guitar track doubled up - one very, very low in the mix and heavily distorted with lots of reverb (isolated ex: just as the song starts); the second is the plucky one you heard.
      As for the driven guitar on the chorus... well... I'm not a guitarist. I'm just not. Wile I know it's a little high in the mix, I generally don't have a lot of knowledge on making a guitar sound great. (also, the guitar was recorded direct-in and the distortion was a software plugin, so.. yeah, it's crap.) personally i really like the melodic runs the guitar does on the chorus, but that's just me

I cringe to admit that I recorded that cover using GarageBand. I have since corrected my ways and now have my own setup I'm learning how to use with Ardour Mixbus.

Thank you much for your thoughts on the song!
      Last edited by Signet; 11-08-2015 at 08:34 PM.
      LouaiB likes this.
      Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week; you have a schedule, a calendar... Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures.

Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal
      On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      I made my own sound cloud account today and posted my original music there. Feel free to check it out if you want
      ^^ https://soundcloud.com/user-98062111...-original-song
      LouaiB likes this.

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

LD Count
      VIII
      The Great Plains
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamCafe11 View Post
      I made my own sound cloud account today and posted my original music there.
      So... what music engine are you using? Everything blends nicely (though I suppose that's not too unusual for all-in-one software.)

Pleasant! Will there be a vocal version?
      DreamCafe11 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      I play guitar. This is a much older recording. I'm learning to play piano better until I get proper recording equipment. I'm betting back into guitar though. Been playing off and on electric/acoustic since I was 16 years old. 31 now...

https://soundcloud.com/oneiroer/mess...te-a-while-ago
      DreamCafe11 likes this.

LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamCafe11 View Post
      I made my own sound cloud account today and posted my original music there. Feel free to check it out if you want
      ^^ https://soundcloud.com/user-98062111...-original-song
      I like this a lot!! The mixing is awesome too! If u don't mind me asking, I'm bad at drums, really bad. Can I know where u got this drum kit?? I'm assuming u use samples, not the real thing, right?? xD

Also, Oneiroer, that guitar playing was sick!! I really loved it. It was flawless.

Sidenote: I'm testing on saw stacks now. They are used in dubstep and chillstep quite a lot. It's an essence to them, so it is very 'foundational' for me to study them. That made sense, right?? lol
      Also I'm suffering from my lack of studio headphones. Everything I make sounds destorted in the highs. In my earphones they sound just fine, but when I move it to any other speaker, the problem shows. Now I know why Signet was telling me the lead on that track was too sharp. Anyways I'll fix this temporarily by adding an EQ before I begin any track, an EQ that adds to the highs, then when I finish, I turn it off.
      oneiroer and DreamCafe11 like this.

Add me as a friend!!!

LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      https://soundcloud.com/louaib/p-105-18

Made this today. I also asked a few of my friends and they said it's mix is fine. I'm hoping it's not glichy this time. It's a Euro-trance. Lol so 90s
      DreamCafe11 likes this.

Add me as a friend!!!

------------------ Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Had no idea that we had so many people of talent here on Dreamviews :p
      What kind of software are you all using to make these tracks?
      DreamCafe11 and LouaiB like this.

On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Signet View Post
      So... what music engine are you using? Everything blends nicely (though I suppose that's not too unusual for all-in-one software.)

Pleasant! Will there be a vocal version?
      Thanks! : D I used Mixcraft 6. Blending it all isn't easy for me though. I kind of suck at mixing.^^"Oh and no vocal version. I changed my mind and I suck at singing now. XD
      Last edited by DreamCafe11; 12-01-2015 at 11:20 PM.

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast