Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Share music you make here!

Please, call me Louai <span class='glow_008000'>LouaiB</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      @Signet: DO I?!
      Sure, share with me.

@Oneiroer I'd say about what Signet already mentioned.

I made a trap nation style visualizer for that track.
      oneiroer likes this.
      I fill my heart with fire, with passion, passion for what makes me nostalgic. A unique perspective fuels my fire, makes me discover new passions, more nostalgia. I love it.

"People tell dreamers to reality check and realize this is the real world and not one of fantasies, but little do they know that for us Lucid Dreamers, it all starts when the RC fails"
      Add me as a friend!!!

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Thanks guys. I found a cool drum pad within studio one 3 that I can add to my tracks. I'm going to start using drums that I play myself on my keyboard. I'm also trying to get into using synths and stuff. I'm also experimenting more with the program trying to make my sound better.
      LouaiB likes this.

LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by oneiroer View Post
      Thanks guys. I found a cool drum pad within studio one 3 that I can add to my tracks. I'm going to start using drums that I play myself on my keyboard. I'm also trying to get into using synths and stuff. I'm also experimenting more with the program trying to make my sound better.
      I'd recommend Nexus plugin. It has so many great sounds. It costs like 350$, but my eye patch got it for me for my birthday.
      oneiroer likes this.
      I fill my heart with fire, with passion, passion for what makes me nostalgic. A unique perspective fuels my fire, makes me discover new passions, more nostalgia. I love it.

"People tell dreamers to reality check and realize this is the real world and not one of fantasies, but little do they know that for us Lucid Dreamers, it all starts when the RC fails"
      Add me as a friend!!!

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Would buy it if I could but can't afford it right now. I have a new track up to show you guys some progress. Please tell me what you think? I played the drums and played legato hall strings and French horns too. Its basically me just practicing. Hopefully I am getting at least a little better...

https://soundcloud.com/oneiroer/practicing

Edit: eye patch? did you get hurt or something? If so sorry if you did. I don't know what you mean by eye patch.

Edit: Working on something better than the last one...
      It's strange though now that I am doing a little bit more than I usually do my program seems to be making a weird noise through my headphones. I tried exporting the song and it sounded ok when it was in wave format...hmmm...

Hey Louai and Signet could you guys pm me your email addresses and I could share what I'm working on so that I don't fill this thread with everything I do if you guys don't mind?
      Last edited by oneiroer; 02-16-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Temperance Advocate Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      VIII
      The Great Plains
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by LouaiB View Post
      Sure, share with me.
      This one came to mind. Something more upbeat? More of the same?

*Technically* they only ever did doujin music of the Touhou Project, but the arrangements are just so good that they really deserve some praise...
      Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week; you have a schedule, a calendar... Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures.
      A fear of time running out.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      New track...Am I getting better?

https://soundcloud.com/oneiroer/untitled

Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      VIII
      The Great Plains
      DJ Entries
      Hmmm... the strings (violas?) have a nice harshness to them, but they could use more depth. While their sharp attack is a striking sound, not having any lower register makes it sound cheap.
      Try adding a mellow cello line to the strings, playing the same melody an octave lower.

Also: ending. You need one. ^_^

Not bad, though.
      oneiroer and razvanlucid like this.
      Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week; you have a schedule, a calendar... Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Thanks signet. Good timing on responding before i deleted it... XD thank you for your tip. And im working on something new. It will probably be longer than a minute by the time i am done with it! oh and yes violas.
      razvanlucid likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      New track up. Gonna leave it up for good. The ending isn't that great but check it out if you could!

https://soundcloud.com/oneiroer/the-battle-is-over

LD Count
      VIII
      The Great Plains
      DJ Entries
      The choice of instruments is good, but at more than one point I found the track disorienting, to be honest. There was dissonance here and there -though that actually could be a good thing- and there were parts where I couldn't follow the timing very naturally.

Now if that's what you were going for, then it's a really great track!
      Not sure, otherwise. :/

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Cool stuff guys! Here's the first thing I made (I only recently started)

I made it because I like music box music and it allowed me to stick to just one instrument for now, learning the ropes.
      oneiroer and DreamCafe11 like this.

You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Just relax. Master the day. Then just keep doing that every day.

LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      Hey, been a while! Sorry, I've had a really busy few months, but it's OK. Things are getting much better in my life RN.

I'm still making music as much as ever. I'm really loving Orchestral music too, which I know Oneiroer makes, so I thought I'd share my most recent one:

Also, I made a dubstep remix of Gemini - Fire Inside:

https://soundcloud.com/louaib/gemini...side-remix-145

Ending section is bad though in the remix one. I had no idea what to do. I couldn't even get any ideas from the original. It's so different. i just took the acapella.

Ah, I was making the orchestral one I linked first in the 64-bit FL version, but then the soundfont player doesn't work in the 64-bit FL, and I needed the orchestral drums and precusions. I had to load the project up in the 32-bit version, which is slower, so I could open the precusions soundfont. That was fine, it didn't lag, but I don't like using soundfonts for precusion kits. I can't process every precusion by itself, which can be annoying. At least I love how it utilizes the piano roll at least. Anyone knows of a good free soundfont player that is good for preccusions? Or just a drum VST really that is good for orchestral preccusions.

Also, Oneiroer, my eye is fine, lol. I didn't mean it like that. Also, the soundcloud link you put is broken or something? It gives me a "No page found" error or something.

Also, Shabby, I really like that! I did not expect this once you said you just got started. I imagined it would be sharp and out of tune and utterly repetitive, but it isn't. It's quite pleasant actually. I would imagine that to be a real music box.
      Last edited by LouaiB; 04-18-2016 at 12:22 AM.
      oneiroer likes this.

Add me as a friend!!!

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Hi Shabby and Louai. Like your stuff! I'm taking a break from recording but practicing my instruments. Did you do the drums Louai?
      LouaiB likes this.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      Hi, https://soundcloud.com/davidj-736089...-belong-edited https://soundcloud.com/davidj-736089990/dreams its my producion its not good but in time i maybe find my way to learn about production as mutch as i need.
      oneiroer likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Last edited by oneiroer; 04-25-2016 at 02:46 AM.
      DreamCafe11 likes this.

DVA Apprentice Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered Made lots of Friends on DV
      LD Count
      500+
      California
      DJ Entries
      I produce trap music sometimes haha. Here are my two most current/best tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/kraom/there-he-goes-wip

https://soundcloud.com/kraom/trap-original-wip
      DreamCafe11 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

My buddy and I recorded this song and I put together a video for it with some old footage I shot for a film project that didn't pan out with a bunch of neat visual effects added.

Hetrochromic Oneironaut Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Not a contest
      Here and Now
      DJ Entries
      Falling and smacking into the beach like that reminds me of my first LD.

Nice vid and nice song.
      VinceField likes this.

LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by oneiroer View Post
      Hi Shabby and Louai. Like your stuff! I'm taking a break from recording but practicing my instruments. Did you do the drums Louai?
      Yeah. I found this great Orchestral soundfonts bank that has a ton of orchestral instruments, including orchestral percussion kit. Really, all I did was open it (it opens inside the piano roll) and after, or more like during, creating the beat, I panned each one. That is very important. And after that, they're really just all, not just them but all the instruments too, routed to the same bus, which only contains an EQ to remove some of the muddy 400Hz and a cathedral reverb. Then, it links to the Master compressor. Really, effects and compression and all these stuff should be minimal. I learned that the hard way. You really never understand this concept until you actively force yourself not to use EQ and compression and multiple reverbs except when absolutely necessary. It's mostly about the volume, stereo image, panning, and removing the bass from instruments that don't need it. Sure sometimes the high end needs cutting, or maybe a bit of boosting or compression to make it crisp, but these are never solutions to problems that already exist. All of this is of course in general. It's level depends on the genre too really. What I'm saying simply doesn't apply this much in genres like glitch or dubstep. But yeah, for orchestral, classic, acoustic, and a bunch of EDM, this approach really really saves me a ton of frustration and failure. I remember a year ago when I used to EQ everything, use a different reverb for each instrument, not even touch the levels or stereo really. Panning?! What's that? Is that a new type of pancakes?! xD

Speaking of too much effects...I love that guitar track, but you're killing it with the delay. It's even making the tune blurry.

Ramble.

Anyways, I finished a new track. I'm pretty happy about this one too. It's getting easier and easier with more hard work.

I must say though that one of the things I can't do is make a choir fit. It plays in the second last quarter and it's pretty muddy. I hear choirs and usually they are loud and clear. I need a better choir soundfont if anyone has.

Please, do tell me what you think. ^^

(I'm awful at making up titles.)
      Last edited by LouaiB; 04-26-2016 at 09:27 PM.
      oneiroer and anti_nation like this.

Add me as a friend!!!

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Never mind. Thought I would upload a very short track. But I don't want to get strange comments on soundcloud again... So I will wait and upload a longer track that I am proud of.
      Last edited by oneiroer; 05-02-2016 at 11:06 PM.

Rediscovery Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal
      Deep Forest
      DJ Entries
      You guys are fantastic. All of this music is something I would listen to on a daily basis.

One of my old roommates and I pooled our spare tips and bought a cheap $100 MIDI keyboard that came with free software. We'd entertain ourselves by taking turns improvising on instruments and creating songs late at night. We had about 8 songs in various stages of completion done in our year of living together. I just found the old files so I figured I'd show you guys a little bit of what went on.

It sounds real 8-bit. I dig it.

Headphones will let you hear the deep bass.

DreamCafe11 likes this.

Total pts: 4.5

Long Time Lucid Explorer Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>DawnEye11</span>'s Avatar
      On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      I dont want to upload this on my youtube and can't think of anywhere else to share it so I'll post it here. Was originally suppose to be a undertale song but i suck at singing now. : P

Regret Of A King
      https://soundcloud.com/user-980621111/regret
      Last edited by DreamCafe11; 07-20-2016 at 11:19 PM.
      oneiroer likes this.
      "Be the best You, you can be...Relax...Listen...Imagine...*Silence*...Zzzzz"

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Recorded this last night.

https://soundcloud.com/oneiroer/untitled
      Last edited by oneiroer; 07-23-2016 at 08:48 PM.
      DreamCafe11 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Just updated my soundcloud page with a couple of pics. Could you guys tell me if you like them or if I should create other designs?

http://soundcloud.com/oneiroer
      Shabby likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      https://soundcloud.com/shabberton

I had another attempt at making some music.
      That piece on your Soundcloud is epic, btw, oneiroer!
      oneiroer likes this.

You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Just relax. Master the day. Then just keep doing that every day.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast