• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Lurker

Lightbulb Dream Characters preventing RC's..?

Hello fellow dreamers,

Ever since I have been trying to lucid dream I have had the experience of characters in my dream trying to stop me or obstruct me in some manner while trying to stabilise a dream or do a reality check.

First ever pre-lucid, I was aware and tried to do a RC and hands came out from behind me and began to cover my sight and hold my hands still from doing a finger count.

Another time I did a finger count and wanted to start practicing stabilisation techniques and then a zombie horde appeared right in front of me.

These are just 2 of many times this has happened. Just wanted to know what you guys thought about this?

Furthermore, I have successfully done RC's and become aware that I am in a dream but can never make the next stop of reaching completely lucidity and having complete clarity/vividness. Any tips?

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran Second Class

LD Count
      Birmingham
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by threesixlatvia View Post
      Hello fellow dreamers,

Ever since I have been trying to lucid dream I have had the experience of characters in my dream trying to stop me or obstruct me in some manner while trying to stabilise a dream or do a reality check.

First ever pre-lucid, I was aware and tried to do a RC and hands came out from behind me and began to cover my sight and hold my hands still from doing a finger count.

Another time I did a finger count and wanted to start practicing stabilisation techniques and then a zombie horde appeared right in front of me.

These are just 2 of many times this has happened. Just wanted to know what you guys thought about this?

Furthermore, I have successfully done RC's and become aware that I am in a dream but can never make the next stop of reaching completely lucidity and having complete clarity/vividness. Any tips?
      The zombie one sounds similar to a lucid i had where i was lucidly aware and levetated and stuff but then things started happening without my command asif the lucid dream was trucking me and causing me to become non lucid.
      The only advice i have is....i always tend to lucid when iv already had alot of sleep which means my body dont need no more sleep but i do eneways which causes me to be in such a light REM sleep that im naturally abit more aware.
      Iv never had a lucid in a deep sleep which im guessing is what only experienced lucid dreamers can do.
      Im guessing most might say to focus on external awareness or ADA....eneways hope it helps even if its only a tiny bit =)

A man's shadow Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      who knows
      Czech Republic
      It sounds kinda funny actually , your mind doesn't want you to LD apparently. Whatever, make this "preventing" your own RC.
      If you feel like it, please take a look at my YouTube channel:
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof...niLAS_pFoRkqfw
      If you don't, hm well have a nice day anyway ^_^

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Maybe try doing vocal reminders? In my dreams, lucid or not, I tend to think while in them. Maybe you can try thinking "I'm dreaming" or something of that sort before going to bed or while in a dream? That way no one can stop you from being/becoming lucid.

LD Count
      I've had similar experiences! I always check my phone or look at the time but this one time a dream character wouldn't let me look at their phone to do the reality check! They ran away with it! 😂

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

If it happened to me a lot, I'd try to start using the RC prevention attempts as an RC in itself. If random things keep happening only in dreams to try to prevent you from doing RCs, then when you think you're dreaming and try an RC and it happens, you can be pretty sure it's a dream.

I don't have any specific tips on clarity/vividness. There is some luck involved and also time and practice. Try to enjoy all the LDs you can, though. Some can still be pretty cool even if the imagery isn't that great.

This is a dream Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      LD Count
      ?
      In my mind
      Just try to point your finger through the zombie, then you know.. No, but I would recommend pinching your nose and try to breath through it. That one is really fast and can work in intense situations even if you running in dreams or whatever. If you can breath anyway, then it have to be a dream obviously.
      You are not your thoughts...