• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Task of the Month for May 2016

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points 1 year registered
      LD Count
      I quit counting
      Missouri
      DJ Entries

Post TOTM attempt -Platform 9 & 3/4 fail.

TOTM attempt -Platform 9 & 3/4 fail. I had a dream with the main characters from Harry Potter. Harry, Hermione & Ron. But unfortunately it wasn't lucid & I lost the details. So sad. But, I just came back from the trip for my son's Bachelors Degree graduation & I'm exhausted.

I just got back from a day & a half trip & I'm so exhausted. My son graduated & got his Bachelor's degree. I am so proud of him. It was a really great experience. It was a prestigious school for smart tech kids. I kept thinking that the faculties attire reminded me of Hogwarts, lol. I was so proud when they had the parents stand up & get applause from their kids. The acknowledgement was so emotional.

TOTM-Platform 9 & 3/4 fail - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Non-Lucid-Green
      Lucid-Red
      Explanation of details-Blue
      Side Notes-Purple
      Astral Projection/AP-Brown
      woblybil, Patience108 and Spock like this.
      “The dream is the small hidden door in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul, which opens to that primeval cosmic night that was soul long before there was conscious ego and will be soul far beyond what a conscious ego could ever reach.”― C.G. Jung

(Dream Buddy: Nebulus)

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points 3 years registered

Dreamlands
      DJ Entries
      Got hit with a little dryspell this month, but there's still some time to try these tasks.

Stay lucid Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      527+
      DJ Entries
      Advanced task fail

- I'm (then) walking in somekind of a mall and the area is fileld with people. I remember that I want to try to perform the advanced Task of the Month. But... wait a second, what was the task? I start recalling the tasks but I only remember the "imagination friend" task but I have a feeling, that I'm not going to be able to perform that one right now. I then figure out that everyone around me is straightly connected to my subconsciousness and I could ask them for help. I go asking a few people : " Hey, what was the other Task of the Month?" Everyone I ask answers with somesort mumbling or the answer is really incoherent. I see an old man ducktaped into a streetlight. Then as I watch a treeline on the other side of a nearby field, I can see Tripods from War of the Worlds emerging. They sound their horns and I take flight as they begin their massacre. Green and purple laser beams glitter in the dark mist below me and I see people getting vaporized. -
      Last edited by Saizaphod; 05-20-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
      OK so, to my luck, I broke my dry spell last night (or rather, this morning). Had a really weird, multiple DEILD, unstable lucid that allowed me to barely program anything. My very minor knowledge on programming didn't help either. But here it is:

I think it would've just caused an error in reality, but in a dream it worked! And it even confirmed my thoughts that I was lucid
      Probably an error indeed a bit of stuff is missing, and after the if then statement you are making it print again, that last print was not needed hehe, the if-else will do the printing based on being or not lucid.

Still impressive for a dream, coding is like the worse thing to do in a dream haha, making it work it is impossible. I somehow did it a few times as soon as it was suggested and I "wrote" a huge function(); but, it was more like I started to code and then I had all that code. It looked fine, but probably it would error... especially at closing statements and functions, probably my brain skipped some and/or mixed closings from different languages (such as ; } : ] etc)

I wonder if you noticed the easter egg from my one of my posts in this thread. and my signature
      Last edited by PercyLucid; 05-20-2016 at 11:59 AM.
      woblybil likes this.
      Click the door... and welcome to my dream world!

Lucid Dreaming: Natural - Lucid Dreamer since I was a kid.
      Astral Projection ~ Farthest reached: The Pleiades Star System.

Official Dreamviews Toty 7 Lucid Tasks Challenges

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Well, well, well... almost getting into 2016... another 20th and the time to vote is here again... time flies!

Those who have wings, please go and vote for June´s ToTM!!!

You can do it clicking here

Since we have a lot of suggestions and maybe you have already an idea what to vote, I am adding to the following spoiler the NEW ideas suggested this month, in case you change your opinion:

Spoiler for May 2016 Suggestions:

However, you are welcome to read the entire suggestions pool if you desire, and as always, you can add new suggestions
      woblybil likes this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      The language is BASIC of course (who remembers [no google!]) what it stands for?). Although obviously a fairly modern dialect, since the system I learned BASIC on (at a time probably before most DV members were born) was a Data General Eclipse time-sharing system) didn't have any screens to clear (CLS)! This was back in the day when a 5MB hard disk was the size of a large soup cauldron.
      No CLS?

Damn hahahaha.

BASIC is the oldest I can go as far as knowledge... lol... it would be fun to download BASIC and code something haha, but would be a waste of time really, but darn.. I loved BASIC and its F1, F2 etc menu it had on the bottom.

I remember still, when I had no idea what F5 (CONT←) I was fascinated in what would be it for for some strange reason, till i learned it.

I remember something older than BASIC, but this was when I was 3 and while I knew already how to read slowly, and probably read the code seeing my dad, at that time I would understand nothing (Yes, I had an odd childhood) So, it is impossible to remember, the screen was green and I think the lines were not even numbered, but it is so old and I was so little I cannot remember, so my first coded stuff came up to be in BASIC. I actually did an RPG game with stats, weapons and all (of course, this game was just a text game with some basic ascii images, but you would go through the game, well, you can guess probably hahahah, just typing answering to IF THEN ELSE questions.

By the way, does not hunt you still today the changes on the if-then-else to elseif?

Poor "Then" died... at least, it died its structure such as it was on BASIC. Still today, sometimes I think of using the then, but if I do (not anymore really, but think of it) visual studio gets mad haha.
      Last edited by PercyLucid; 05-20-2016 at 12:13 PM.
      woblybil and Elaineylane like this.

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      The language is BASIC of course (who remembers [no google!]) what it stands for?). Although obviously a fairly modern dialect, since the system I learned BASIC on (at a time probably before most DV members were born) was a Data General Eclipse time-sharing system) didn't have any screens to clear (CLS)! This was back in the day when a 5MB hard disk was the size of a large soup cauldron.
      Since nobody answered, it's: Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Executive Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      A fail of sorts
      5/22
      3:00am Earl and me were cleaning up an old yellow houseboat we had bought and down in a flattened out bedroom with no windows or doors I said jokingly "Hey, You know this is a dream don't you?" Then wondering how we got in with no doors thought "Holy Shit! It really is a dream!" Then I saw a hole in the ceiling and went up thru it and off onto the shore to pee in the lake.
      Out on the yellowish water (everything was yellow) There was a floating whorehouse with some girls hanging out, There were cubicles on it and on a couple of them there were large cell phones hanging that had a sign above them minutes used and numbers rolling up on the screens like a gas pump and I yelled out to them "WTF, You can't do that! This is a dream and it's supposed to be free!" Just then I started to wake up and said "No, I wont" I tried hard to figure out how to do a task in this dream scene (and I wanted those girls) but in the end I woke up anyways....
      Last edited by woblybil; 05-22-2016 at 02:29 PM.
      What other people think of you is none of your business

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      377+
      DJ Entries
      attempted Advanced II but it was short and i dont know if it counts...

Spoiler for Advanced II success?/fail?!:

so what do you think? does this encounter counts?

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 6 months registered
      LD Count
      Apr 2016: 23
      DJ Entries
      After the first week of May, most of my lucids were pretty short and dream recall wasn't not that great... But I've been doing my best to get back in the game, especially since yesterday when finally had some rest from studies and other obligations. And to my surprise, I managed to have a great night tonight - with 10 dreams, 1 DILD and 3 DEILDs (and about 25 minutes of lucidity)... I also remembered to do some tasks, and I already did one a couple of days back, so here is my full TOTM report:

Basic I - Morning of the 21 (probably won't DJ it):

Had two very short LDs that night. The first one was a FA in bed immediately after a WILD attempt. Since it's very short, here's the lucid:

I wake up in bed, and the room appears normal, but notice I'm seated. I recall how hard I tried to have a WILD just seconds ago and also pretty certain that I was laying on my back when "trying" to fall asleep, and realize "this must be a dream!!!" I feel very tired and this tells me the dream is about to fade (and for some reason I didn't even think of stabilizing). But I recall the TOTMs and decide that the one I suggested is the easier one (taste what's in your mouth). I focus on the taste in my mouth but can't taste anything... I keep focusing on "tasting something" and as my vision fades I started tasting cocoa milk in my mouth. Last thing I remember was realizing that it must be because of the cocoa milk I drank during the WBTB (before the WILD attempt), and I just fell "asleep".
      Basic I and Bonus x2 - Morning of the 24:

Dream #6: This happened after a WBTB of 30 minutes (recording the previous dreams) + WILD. The dream started as a FA. A lot of NSFW non-lucid stuff happened in the beginning, so I'll skip it...

...... I get of the bed and put on shorts, while looking out of the window. The NSFW thing from before still bags me as I'm not sure how it was possible, plus I notice that the other buildings in the neighborhood look "different"... I become confused, and think something like "If this wouldn't have been real I would be sure it's a dream..." () This reminds me that I haven't RCed upon waking up, so I decide I have to RC to keep the habit up. For some reason I go with the telekinesis RC (not one of my RL RCs), and try to move a tissue paper roll with 'my mind' while gesturing with the hands... I wasn't focusing that much and just touched the roll (so it moved), so I tried again on a mug (which is not there IRL, btw) and suddenly the mug move slightly! Realizing it's a dream, I was more confident now, and the mug flew off the table with another "push" but I "caught" it mid air (telekinetically). While playing with the mug in air (like "swaying" it around the room), I thought to myself that this is just my luck - to get a lucid after a long NSFW dream, imagining how awkward it would be to write about it on the DV chat... "Oh, this reminds me, TOTMs!" I decide to have another go with Basic I as I recalled the previous go I had with it and it wasn't the best... I focus on my taste and it tastes like toothpaste tastes after you sleep, which made sense... The more I focused on it the more bitter the taste became - I concluded it might have something to do with the old walnut cookies I ate in the WBTB (but they weren't even close to that bitterness level). By that point, the mug was swaying in air on it's own so switched my focus on the bonus task and grabbed my mobile phone. I was about to use the Notepad app equivalent to write some code, but was starting to wake up... Holding tight to the phone I DEILD focusing on it.
      Dream #7:

I wake up in my sister's car as we stop near her house. I'm still holding the phone and realize it's a dream as I remember what happened just before... Mom and sister exit the car, and order two women "take him" - referring to me (I was like "what the hell?"). The brown haired woman pulled out two glass syringes with tranquilizer (I assumed) and crawled into the car trying to stab me with them. I fight her off with my feet (still "seated" in the car, after realizing that they've locked the other doors so I can't get out) while stabilizing the dream by "feeling up" my chest area and hands. I then recalled the bonus task (and while still kicking to her direction) I open the phone. Couldn't find the notepad, so tried to write the code in the dial app, but the keyboard there didn't have signs like ; {} (which is true in real life!), so I tried to locate other apps to write in like the messages app or What's app... They weren't where they were supposed to be, but I found there this Google Now widget so I typed "compiler" there and pressed searched. An app with running code opened up, in a language I don't recognize (I only know C, C++). Looked something like this, when I "paused" the code:
      50: move A to A[];
      51: add M into A;
      52: swap A, B;
      53: PAUSED;
      With an input line below it.
      I got distracted as the brown haired woman nearly stabbed me and got into the car, so I fought her more seriously until I overpowered her and injected the syringes into her - one in the chest, one in the abdomen. The second woman (the redhead), trying to get me thru the window but couldn't and then tried to convince me to surrender while getting into the car too... Long story short, she didn't have any weapon so I after some arguing I just ignored her and kicked to her direction (so she can't get in), and turn the focus back to the phone. Before that, I also noticed how hot it was getting in the car and how sweaty I'm, and also re-stabilized (the same way like before). Back to the coding - I was curious to find out what writing "54: _swap B, A;_" will do, so I typed it and pressed "execute" and the screen started glitching - so the next line I wrote was "swap A, B;" to fix it. While still kicking, I typed "show A[];" but it returned "56: ERROR;". I scrolled up and copied lime 51 and executed it but nothing seemed to change... Then I typed "57: print;" and had to add the ";" after the "execute" didn't work, and even after adding it (and the "execute" became pressable) but nothing happened. The brown hair woman was waking up so they she joined the redhead to stand a better chance... We wrestled in the car and I ended up in the front row, so I plug the phone into the computer of the car via the charger cable (the car has a screen IRL too)... While still wrestling, I pressed "execute" again (line 57) - and the whole code started running on the car's screen. When it reached line 57 it returned "58: ERROR;". Well, so be it... Anyway, I was waking up and it was very hot and sweaty so to successfully DEILD I knew I have to focus on one thing out of the whole mayhem - so I grabbed the nearest thing, the brown haired woman's arms, and DEILDed.
      Dream #8:

Summery - the woman and me appeared in my mom's house, I was still lucid and had to explain to her how she got there. I then looked around to observe for changes and tried to find a phone to continue the coding... While searching one of the closets, the second woman (redhead) jump out of it and pushed me and we fell into the bed. I was trying to explain to her what's happening but it took some time since she was pissed... Anyway, the brown haired woman helped me with her, and she apologized. They asked me what I usually do when I'm lucid... I told them about the tasks but that I can't do it for the lack of the phone so I might as well practice something else instead of summoning a phone, etc... "Other than that I do all kinda stuff," and while looking at their 'chest area' I continued "but I know what I'd do now..." (just to clarify, both were hot 30-year-olds, so that kinda just escaped my mouth, now that we aren't fighting...). They both smiled and were like "that's actually a great way to spend a dream!" I wasn't going to waste time explaining that's it's only my dream, but did apologize for being rude, but they said they meant it... So we started making out, and jumped into bed... After some "fun time", the dream started destabilizing (they were in panties and I'm in my shirt by that point). Trying to DEILD again, I grabbed onto the bed covers with my left hand and a pillow with the right.
      Dream #9:

Summery - I woke up in my room in bed, but I knew it's still a dream. The room was dim and lit by candles. Two men entered the room and after some confusion (which I'll skip) they explained the the women from before are their wives, and that they are on the way here after "a long ladies night" (and I quote!), and that we're about to have an orgy. It was kinda awkward, since the men gave bisexual vibe and while the blond spiked guy with the glass left the room to "fetch some food" the other one got into the bed... But you know, it's a dream, so despite it being weird for me I wasn't bothered by it too much (because at any point I can just end it). Anyway, after several minutes I was searching for my phone (as I remembered the coding task, but didn't want to leave the room yet)... I couldn't find it so asked the dark haired guy's phone... What he gave me was an old Nokia brick, but I thanked him anyway. After trying to find where I can write some code there, I realized it's taking too long and not gonna work. So I told him - "I'll just upgrade your phone for you..." and changed it to essentially a screen... It had a notepad app, and when I started writing code I had to re-stabilize, which meant that the dream was about to fade soon... So I stuck to the basics, and just wrote:

main(){printf(hello world!);} // and yes, I know I forgot the the "" and the library, but I did my best

Anyway, I couldn't run it, and when the women finally came I got distracted and soon after was waking up. I thought I should DEILD again, but the thought that I have to record all of these dreams distracted my from doing a proper DEILD and I decided I lost my chance and just let myself "wake up".
      But what I didn't know is that I didn't really wake up... In fact dream 10 started here - and one of the first things I did there was trying to record my dreams (but quickly got distracted)...
      Last edited by Spock; 05-24-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 6 months registered
      LD Count
      Apr 2016: 23
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by RelaxAndDream View Post
      I think it depends if you think he noticed the friend and didn't interact or just didn't notice him at all (in which case it counts)...

I really wanted to try this task (including while lucid this morning), but even in dream I decided it's too hard to successfully pull off, which is why I skipped to the bonus
      woblybil likes this.

Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by RelaxAndDream View Post
      attempted Advanced II but it was short and i dont know if it counts...

Spoiler for Advanced II success?/fail?!:

I think it counts with frosting on top

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class 3 years registered
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I always seem to join the party at the end of the month! Oh well, at least I was successful..

Spoiler for Basic Success:

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by lunagoddess View Post
      I think I’m awake and begin a dream where I write down the LD and am really angry because it’s the end of May and once again, I finished the totm when it’s basically too late. [/SPOILER]
      Better PM Gab or you may not get wings yet....
      Anyways, It's nowhere near the end of the month. (Because I said so)
      And recording a dream in a dream is a curse, I use a recorder. I can't count the times I have recorded my dream and found nothing on it although lately it wouldn't matter, My dreams have gone from motorcycles, airplanes and adventure to things like retail sales, house cleaning and other stuff with no dream signs to get lucid by

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      So I have to PM Gab AND send a request to Ophelia? Last time I just sent a request and it never got approved, so maybe I am missing something...?
      woblybil likes this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      So I have to PM Gab AND send a request to Ophelia? Last time I just sent a request and it never got approved, so maybe I am missing something...?
      The last time I joined permission groups and got nothing so I PM'd Gab and presto! Wings in five minutes.
      This thread is most of my reason for being on DV, It's gone downhill since Ophelia hasn't been around so much..(I can only imagine she would rather be here).I go trolling other threads for fresh talent and find our old regulars over on the bitch and moan thread, Whatever reason she's not around I sure miss her..
      Last edited by woblybil; 05-26-2016 at 12:27 AM.
      lunagoddess, gab, Burke and 2 others like this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by woblybil View Post
      The last time I joined permission groups and got nothing so I PM'd Gab and presto! Wings in five minutes.
      This thread is most of my reason for being on DV, It's gone downhill since Ophelia hasn't been around so much..(I can only imagine she would rather be here).I go trolling other threads for fresh talent and find our old regulars over on the bitch and moan thread, Whatever reason she's not around I sure miss her..
      I know, right?
      woblybil and Elaineylane like this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Sorry guys, I do not have the power to give wings, otherwise, I would...
      woblybil likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Well I don't know who did it but I have my first pair of wings! Woohoo!
      woblybil and imazu like this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      We have a saying for that

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Congrats! Keep up the great work!
      woblybil likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points 1 year registered
      LD Count
      I quit counting
      Missouri
      DJ Entries

Unhappy Totm advanced task i fail

TOTM ADVANCED TASK I FAIL:Yesterday I took a nap using this video below. I was in a dream & became lucid & was trying to change the whole dream into Platform 9 3/4 but my daughter called & I had to deal with that. I was so pissed off! I have never tried to change a whole dream before to make it what I wanted I have always either just been there already or it was a very close scene to what I wanted.

Full DJ here but the video/audio I refer to is in my comments section.

Spoiler for Long DJ entry:
      woblybil likes this.
      “The dream is the small hidden door in the deepest and most intimate sanctum of the soul, which opens to that primeval cosmic night that was soul long before there was conscious ego and will be soul far beyond what a conscious ego could ever reach.”― C.G. Jung

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      I quit counting
      Missouri
      DJ Entries

Post Helpful clip for the Advanced Task I for Platform 9 3/4.

Helpful clip for the Advanced Task I for Platform 9 3/4.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      I quit counting
      Missouri
      DJ Entries
      Congrats woblybil!

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      5/30
      6:00am I was sitting behind a desk as a judge in a small town court of some kind and a cop brought in a pretty, young black girl, He was paddling her butt with a paddle of some kind as she walked ahead of him.
      which he said was for being a bad girl and that he would have to take her back home when we were done but I said "Justice is my job, You get out!.. I'll see to her being taken care of"...The cop left and I asked the girl to show me what he had done to her and she turned and raised her skirt and showed me her hurt,bare butt but I woke up before I could pass sentence

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast