• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Notimetowaste

Thread: New and need help

Lurker

New and need help

Hey I have just become a member to this website and I have been reading some posts on lucid dreaming for a while now and I need help. So when I first started to try to lucid dream in the summer last year and after a few months I stopped. When I did it again for a bit I had a dream where I woke up and was lying in my bed and it was semi dark. I look to the right lying down and see a tree. I blink a few times thinking why is this tree here. Then, waking up I realize this could of been a lucid dream. It hasn't happened to me again in almost a year so I need help on how to actually get one. I know about the techniques but none of them worked for me. Thanks!

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Hmm... That dream sounds like it was just your mind questioning reality and wondering if you could've been dreaming. Do you keep a dream journal? Starting one with increase dream recall, which, in turn, increases the chance of having a lucid dream. I would also recommend doing reality checks (i.e plugging your nose and trying to breath, counting how many fingers you have, asking "Am I dreaming" during the day, ect.) After you have built up a good dream recall I would recommend doing the Wake Induced Lucid Dream method. If that doesn't work you could try doing a Dream Induced Lucid Dream instead and do mantras before going to sleep like "I am dreaming".

Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Like a lot
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      Welcome to the forum!

You say none of the techniques worked for you. How long have you tried them for? There's not really a foolproof, instant method for lucidity - pretty much any technique requires practice and consistent effort. So pick one method (I would suggest MILD if you're just starting out) and stick with it for at least 2 or 3 weeks, and if you don't feel like you're making progress, try a different technique. But don't dismiss them all without giving them time to actually work. Training for lucidity is like playing an instrument - you can't expect to play Mozart after one practice, it takes time.

Anyway, let us know if you have any other questions, and come check us out in the IRC chat.
      "Going through life worrying about the little things is like cooking with motor oil instead of cooking oil. Sure, you can still probably pull it off, but it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth in retrospect." - Me, apparently

2015: 101 LDs, 2016: 114 LDs, 2017: 38 LDs, 2018: 20 LDs, 2019: 8 LDs

DreamViews Discord!

Lurker
      Efthemia- that's what I thought too after I had woken up and a moth or so ago I did write down a few dreams but I stopped lately. I can recall dreams when I wake up pretty well without it but I should get back to doing it as well as reality checks

Spellbee2- I try them for a while and the most I try to do is MILD. it's easy for me to think about it but it's hard for me to fall asleep quickly. I know I can get into a lucid dream because it almost happened a few times before (guess I should have added that as well) and practicing like I do for band would be great as well xD
      Efthemia likes this.