Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Raed3700's Workbook

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1 year registered
      LD Count
      DJ Entries

Raed3700's Workbook

Hello everyone !
      I have been recommended by Mr. fogelbise() to start a workbook, so here it is!
      a quick info about my LD mastering progress:

- My recall skill differ from night to another. when i wake up for university in the morning by phone's alarm, i remember only few seconds of the last dream. And it fades quickly if i don't write it down my DJ.
      But in weekends, i remember my last dream and some images of previous dreams(because i don't wake up by alarm). Strangely, i used to have very good dream recall in the past when i was in vacation! i used to remember two full dreams and images of 3 other!

- My awareness is not that bad. I can notice how much it improved . I started to notice small things IWL i didn't notice before practicing for my awareness . And i'm starting to notice dream signs and having the thought of "am i dreaming?" in my dreams more often.

- I use my phone as DJ. I think it is the best because you don't need light, you can modify easily, and if you were too drowsy it can (wake) you a little.

- My goal in LD is some what different from what most of the people want. I realize that most of the people want to fly or change objects or have some sexual activity. all i want is .. peace .
      I want to have an LD where i am alone in an island watching the moon and the stars while my hands play with the cold sand and my feet can barely touch the sea water. That is my perfect LD.

I say all these information so you can tell me if i am doing something wrong or have any advice. if you need more information just tell me .
      I think I will use this workbook as DJ daily. i wont bother you with all my dreams though but i will tell you whenever something special happens.

One last thing. Thank you.. sooooo much.. from the bottom of my heart.. for every second you spend it reading or writing in my thread. you have no benefit in helping me but you do anyway. now that is EXACTLY is the love that the world need to live in peace.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      23 - 7 - 2016
      Waking normally with no alarm. I could remember half a dream and images of 3 other. I was saying mantras before sleeping for around 2 mins, and i tried to watch my HI.
      good sleep though.. Tonight is the night for my 9th lucid dreaming!

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I realized when I was on my bed last night that I don't have to write dates in this thread as it is already shown xD
      I guess my sleeping mind is better than my waking mind.

Anyway, I had a lazy day yesterday. I watched Youtube and laid down until the night came. I didn't even do my homework. I'm not proud of that.
      Regarding my sleep, I woke by an alarm at 3am for stupid reason. I decided to turn it off and consider it a WBTB opportunity! I tried CTB technique.
      After that I had a micro wakening. I don't know what was the time but I had a dream about passing a police checkpoint by mistake
      Strangely, I have a funny feeling that I tried to do an RC or at least I thought about being in dream but I'm not really sure. or did it fail?
      I continued sleeping and I dreamed about what happened after that dream. I woke up at 5:45am by alarm. I'm so lucky I didn't forget those dreams and fragments even though I didn't write them down.

Tonight is the night for my 9th lucid dreaming!

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Welcome to the DILD class, Raed3700!

Your LD goals sound wonderful! My very favorite LDs are when I'm surrounded by beautiful, amazing dream environments. Dream skies and even buildings can be astonishing beautiful. Interior decoration is bizarre and fantastic at times. Colors that just don't seem to exist outside of dreams.

I offer a few things I've written about both recall and lucidity/awareness:

FryingMan's dream recall tips

FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night

Have a look at this great list of articles/threads

Work on incubating your ideal dream: throughout the day, imagine as vividly as you can, the island, the beach, the water, and yourself there experiencing it. Think about it during the day, think about it at night as you fall asleep.

Having concrete dream goals, both about what the setting would be, and what you would do there. Think about walking along the beach, exploring the island, swimming in the water.

Work on paying attention to all your experiences, and recalling them (recalling the day's experiences at night, and the night's experiences in the morning). Reach for dream memories every single time you find yourself awake. Over time, your dream recall and dream vividness (and lucicity!) will grow and grow. Consistency is key: do it every night and every day.

Love your dreams and be thankful for them. Consider recalling any dream a victory, lucid or not. Reward yourself upon particularly vivid or enjoyable dreams. Do not get frustrated about not getting lucid or not recalling dreams. There's always another night. You want to have only positive thought and emotions associated with dreaming.

Keep us updated on your progress and your day and night activities!
      Raed3700 and fogelbise like this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries

Thumbs up --

Thank you all for the love and support <3. (Special thanks for Mr. FryingMan <3) I will read what you sent as soon as possible.

plus,
      OMG OMG OMG I had my 9th lucid dream!
      though .. I'm not really sure if it was a "dream". but I'm sure as heck I was not awake xP .
      so here's what happened: [Note: I have smart bulbs that can change brightness that i keep turned on and very dim]

Spoiler for Two cute visitors:

Most of my SP are unpleasant and stop me from moving, so i don't think this was SP. I'm just so happy that i could realize i was not awake even if it was not a dream ^^ .

Tonight is the night for my 10th Lucid dream!
      Last edited by Raed3700; 07-25-2016 at 09:46 AM.
      FryingMan and fogelbise like this.

Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Congrats, that sure sounds like a lucid dream to me!
      Raed3700 likes this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Dream Guide - DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'
      DJ Entries
      Welcome Raed! Your introduction thread was very enthusiastic and inspiring that I just had to say hello and invite you over here to the DILD workbooks. I can't imagine that you are doing anything wrong since you are off to a very good start! I really liked your LD #9, very heartwarming like your original post here in your workbook! I also love beaches, islands and the cosmos and have to say they have been a feature of some of my favorite LD's. Like FryingMan said you can incubate these things and you can also teleport there or look for them anytime a dream fades by imagining in detail the sound of the waves rolling up on a beach, the feeling of the sand at your feet and the ocean breeze on your face and many times you can extend the length of any dreams that have faded and find yourself in your idea locale.

Like I said in your introduction thread, I hope to see you around this forum sharing your experiences and thoughts for many years to come!
      Raed3700 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Aawwww .. The joy of love I'm feeling!
      Thanks for all Mr. FryingMan and Mr. fogelbise, I guess this workbook gave me the boost of motivation I needed to have more lucid dreams. It's the first time for me to have 2 LD in one month! And thank you for everyone watched and read my progressing.

My last sleep was pretty normal, normal dreams, normal recall and normal annoying alarm. When I woke up I could remember 2 dreams in a very fair details, but guess who had to wake up fast and couldn't write down his dreams thus he forgot them all?

Saizaphod, FryingMan and fogelbise like this.

Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      Continuing to love the enthusiasm!

Regarding alarms, have you thought about setting an intent to wake up naturally 5 minutes before your alarm goes off? It could be something like "I wake up 5 minutes before my alarm sounds and I lay still recalling my dreams." (You may even want to try setting your alarm for 5 minutes later than usual if you have enough time to get up 5 minutes later). This might be good for weekdays or days that you have to get up at a certain time. You still have the alarm to wake you if it takes a while to start waking by intention. On the weekends or anytime that you can sleep in and wake up naturally, you can still do WBTB without an alarm if you want. The easiest way is with the water method where you drink enough water before bed so that you naturally wake up to pee around 4.5 to 6 hours. You might want to save this for days you can sleep in, at least until you feel you can do it without affecting your valuable rest.

I meant to ask you, what is the CTB technique?
      Last edited by fogelbise; 07-26-2016 at 06:22 PM.
      Raed3700 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      The alarm situation is somewhat uncontrollable. Because I'm one of those people who put an alarm every five minutes until the time of wakening. change that and I will add one absent day from university .
      But! I tried to drink glass of water before my sleep and it worked! I woke up after about 4 hours of sleeping. I'm so gonna try that on weekends. I hope I don't waste one more mattress, yeah I wasted enough mattresses already.

Regarding your question about the CTB technique. It's a lucidity induction technique mentioned in Mr. Daniel Love's book (Are You Dreaming?) that stands for Catching The Butterfly. As Mr. Love suggest, it's primarily for WILDs but DILDs are possible too. I quote from his book:
      "Consciousness, as you fall into sleep, is like a butterfly flitting from flower to flower, from one thought to the next, difficult to keep track of and easy to lose. Your goal is to keep track of your mental butterfly and catch him at the point he flits from the flower of thought into the garden of dreams."
      It can also be, as Mr. love suggest, holding one thought or image or visualization consciously until you fall asleep.
      !!! PLEASE ALERT ME IF I VIOLATED ANY RIGHTS OF MR. DANIEL LOVE AS I DO NOT KNOW MUCH IN THAT MATTER !!!

My last night sleep was rather lovely, even though I caused for myself about an hour of insomnia because I was trying CTB but had too much consciousness. Ironically, I dreamt about being in a dream that I woke up from (still dreaming), and I held an object in my hand that was supposed to help me master lucid dreaming. I had some fragments too of another dream. What is special is that I woke up before the alarm by 10 minutes, after writing in my DJ, I went back to sleep and I had a dream! I thought I need at least an hour of sleep so I can dream but I had a dream in less than 10 minutes. and it was reasonably vivid and somewhat long.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Before I talk about last night, I just wanna say thanks to Mr. FryingMan. Your links are so helpful and informative .
      Whooo .. last night man. Unfortunately no lucid dreams or failed RCs but, very very long dreams and like the most vivid ever!
      so what happened yesterday is that i got sleepy too early, and i didn't have to wake up early in the morning. So i said what a critical opportunity to enhance my lucid skills! I took 20 minutes meditation (i never did 20 mins before, maximum meditation was 10 mins) and set an alarm after 5 hours sleeping for WBTB. I tried to make the alarm as quit and smooth as possible. during the meditation I repeated some mantra and I tried to feel the sensation of getting lucid. so I was pretty sure i would be lucid.

I slept, woke up before my WBTB alarm! I just did a natural WBTB! besides I had soooo long, soooo vivid dream! It was so vivid that i didn't even thought to do an RC. Upon waking up I reached my phone updating my DJ, and got up of bed to go to living room. I stayed there watching the walls saying (Man i will nail this lucid dreaming sh*t tonight!). It took me 30 minutes to write in my journal and talk these over confident crap before hitting the bed again .

Here's how stupid I am, I laid on my back, sleepy-conscious enough to do WILD, so i said "Why not? the competition is near and i gotta learn WILDs for my team". I was performing WILD trying to relax when i thought about the "lovely" images i would see during the upcoming SP. Smart me, i took my sleeping mask to cover my eyes so i can't see anything, and if i see something i would know i'm dreaming. All of sudden i started to see these light circles (HI?) and i was look (OoOoOohh I'm gonna dream I'm gonna dream!) and then i started to feel these scary vibrations, Like my I'm gonna leave my body to die. That's when i NOPEd the WILD stuff and returned to sleep normally. When will I man up and face my fears? .

I thought "Well it's cool, I'm still conscious enough to notice my dream when I'm dreaming", and i got hit with the most vivid dream ever! and like my first dream it was soooo long! I mean man, I woke up tired after that sleep. it felt like 1 whole hour of dreaming (literally might be the longest dream i ever had yet) no RCs and no lucid dreaming relative stuff happened. But i could remember them, which might mean my recall is getting better, which is nice . [ I slept for about 2 hours after that and had few small dreams but they were not special in any way]

I will man up and attempt WILD tonight to get ready for the competition. when i do that, should i submit my progress here :\ ?. I'm aware this forum is for DILD only.

Saizaphod likes this.

Stay lucid Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      527+
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Raed3700 View Post
      I stayed there watching the walls saying (Man i will nail this lucid dreaming sh*t tonight!). It took me 30 minutes to write in my journal and talk these over confident crap before hitting the bed again .

Here's how stupid I am, I laid on my back, sleepy-conscious enough to do WILD, so i said "Why not? the competition is near and i gotta learn WILDs for my team". I was performing WILD trying to relax when i thought about the "lovely" images i would see during the upcoming SP. Smart me, i took my sleeping mask to cover my eyes so i can't see anything, and if i see something i would know i'm dreaming. All of sudden i started to see these light circles (HI?) and i was look (OoOoOohh I'm gonna dream I'm gonna dream!) and then i started to feel these scary vibrations, Like my I'm gonna leave my body to die. That's when i NOPEd the WILD stuff and returned to sleep normally. When will I man up and face my fears? .

I thought "Well it's cool, I'm still conscious enough to notice my dream when I'm dreaming", and i got hit with the most vivid dream ever! and like my first dream it was soooo long! I mean man, I woke up tired after that sleep. it felt like 1 whole hour of dreaming (literally might be the longest dream i ever had yet) no RCs and no lucid dreaming relative stuff happened. But i could remember them, which might mean my recall is getting better, which is nice
      You seem to have so much passion towards it that you should have no problem having your 10th lucid soon "Man i will nail this lucid dreaming sh*t tonight!" ~ hahah ^^

You don't need to aim for SP in WILD. Actually SP is not even a part of WILD. If you do happen to become paralyzed, you're most likely already in a dream and you can just get up and start your lucid. Also good thinking with the sleeping mask! You're not going to die when the dream is about to begin, you can try to make it feel more like a positive spiritual experience ( though it isn't, it's just HI ), like feel as if your soul is leaving for an adventure. That's what I do when WILDing, it's great, woo!

Nice progress! I'm sure the competition will boost your lucids too
      Raed3700 likes this.

LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      The alarm situation is somewhat uncontrollable. Because I'm one of those people who put an alarm every five minutes until the time of wakening. change that and I will add one absent day from university .
      But! I tried to drink glass of water before my sleep and it worked! I woke up after about 4 hours of sleeping. I'm so gonna try that on weekends.
      Nice! I didn't mean to not set an alarm when you need to get up, but rather to *also* set an intention to wake up before your alarm goes off and I see that you have been able to do just that consciously or subconsciously at least twice already, very nice!

Ironically, I dreamt about being in a dream that I woke up from (still dreaming), and I held an object in my hand that was supposed to help me master lucid dreaming.
      These dreams about lucid dreaming are usually signs that one is close to having another LD!

What is special is that I woke up before the alarm by 10 minutes, after writing in my DJ, I went back to sleep and I had a dream! I thought I need at least an hour of sleep so I can dream but I had a dream in less than 10 minutes. and it was reasonably vivid and somewhat long.
      Very nice! This sounds like it was later in the morning when REM/dreaming segments are closer together which can come in very handy for carrying more awareness into the dreams you are going to have after WBTB's.

Before I talk about last night, I just wanna say thanks to Mr. FryingMan. Your links are so helpful and informative .
      Aren't they! Which one(s) did you connect with the most?

Whooo .. last night man. Unfortunately no lucid dreams or failed RCs but, very very long dreams and like the most vivid ever!
      so what happened yesterday is that i got sleepy too early, and i didn't have to wake up early in the morning. So i said what a critical opportunity to enhance my lucid skills! I took 20 minutes meditation (i never did 20 mins before, maximum meditation was 10 mins) and set an alarm after 5 hours sleeping for WBTB. I tried to make the alarm as quit and smooth as possible. during the meditation I repeated some mantra and I tried to feel the sensation of getting lucid. so I was pretty sure i would be lucid.
      I wouldn't be surprised if the meditation before bed helped produce those vivid dreams! Good work!

I slept, woke up before my WBTB alarm! I just did a natural WBTB! besides I had soooo long, soooo vivid dream!
      Was this with the water method also, or perhaps intention? Nice work either way!

...I laid on my back, sleepy-conscious enough to do WILD, so i said "Why not? the competition is near and i gotta learn WILDs for my team". I was performing WILD trying to relax when i thought about the "lovely" images i would see during the upcoming SP. Smart me, i took my sleeping mask to cover my eyes so i can't see anything, and if i see something i would know i'm dreaming. All of sudden i started to see these light circles (HI?) and i was look (OoOoOohh I'm gonna dream I'm gonna dream!) and then i started to feel these scary vibrations, Like my I'm gonna leave my body to die. That's when i NOPEd the WILD stuff and returned to sleep normally. When will I man up and face my fears? .
      Great intuition to see the right opportunity to try a WILD. I personally do not believe that my soul or anything goes anywhere when doing a WILD or during any kind of lucid dreaming, so when all of the vibrations and odd noises and sensations happen, I sit back and enjoy the ride. I think back to when I was a kid and getting on this amusement park ride that spins very fast and I was starting to get scared. My cousin said, just laugh and I did and sure enough the fear melted away and I was enjoying the ride immensely instead of being scared out of my wits. WILD is a little different in that you may not want to pay too much attention to what you are experiencing so that you can keep inching towards sleep, but the whole thing about fear might be what you needed to hear. Just know that all of those things happening are sleep and dream stuff, nothing to fear at all!

I will man up and attempt WILD tonight to get ready for the competition. when i do that, should i submit my progress here :\ ?. I'm aware this forum is for DILD only.
      Absolutely. Feel free to keep track of all of your lucid dreaming practices here so you can look back at what is working for you any time. Now if you want some more WILD expertise as well, check out Sageous WILD class and you can post questions in his Q&A (and here in your workbook too, if you want). His Q&A: http://www.dreamviews.com/wild/13309...-bad-here.html
      Raed3700 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      To Saizaphod:
      Loved the support <3. It was very relieving to know SP is not necessary in WILD.

To fogelbise:
      Loved the support <3. Mr. FryingMan most connected links is hard to tell, but Mr. Sageous thread about memory was priceless! check it out: Memory: the Forgotten Fundamental
      Besides I did not finish reading all the links so I might change my mind later .

To All:
      Loved the support <3. Thank you for making my humble workbook a hot thread . You know how to make me happy.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------
      So, Last night! unsurprisingly I screwed up . I did not have to wake up early so I could do 20 minutes meditation, but I didn't do it well. I kept moving and opening my eyes and touch this and that.
      My plan was: Sleep till the alarm of WBTB and try to achieve DILD. after WBTB, do WILD. I made my alarm so quit so I don't forget my dream. But when the alarm went off, I forgot 80% of what happened. I should keep on the glass of water method. All I remember is a couple of images and it was not regular dream. It was the type of dream where you watch things happen but not to you, just like watching a movie.

I set my WBTB alarm for a little more than 4 hours of sleeping. upon waking up, updated my DJ, and went to the living room doing nothing. I even forgot to say mantras . Unexpectedly, I was wide awake o.o! I didn't feel like to sleep again o.o! My eyes were as wide as owl's o.o! I don't know why did I felt that way. I got bored so I returned to bed and read some dream examples from Stephen Laberge's book. 40 minutes of WBTB I thought was enough, it's WILD time! Please keep in mind this is my first time trying WILD seriously so I was not fully expecting it to work anyway.

I did what a remember of WILD. Lie on your back, relax, take a trip upon your body parts to make sure all relaxed from toes to top, focus on your breathing, stay conscious and "enjoy the ride ". With sleeping mask on my face, I stayed on that state for what seemed like an hour until i started to feel the vibrations coming. I started to say (Shhhhhh.., you are ok, enjoy the ride, for team Valor.) and all sort of stuff to not scare myself out of that state. I started to breath heavily unconsciously as I'm in sleep but suddenly, my heart started to beat harder than usual which caused my consciousness to rise and I woke back up >.<! Come to find out, all the time I took in this WILD attempt was 20 minutes.

I know I failed because I was not sleepy enough. I said (No! I will achieve WILD just as I planned!) so I went to do things that would make me sleepy. to make things short, I stayed up for 4 another hours . Yes people, my "WBTB" took as long as my sleep. that's how much of a failure I was . Then I had WILD attempt #2 but I failed very soon for motivation reasons. so I went back to sleep normally.

No frustrations though. I feel like it was a good attempt. besides my second sleep had a very fun dream that raised my mood so much ^^
      Thanks again for everything you do, i really appreciate it. I honestly get excited to visit DV everyday for the support you guys give me, even if you just view my progress :*.

Stay lucid Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      527+
      DJ Entries
      I know I failed because I was not sleepy enough. I said (No! I will achieve WILD just as I planned!) so I went to do things that would make me sleepy. to make things short, I stayed up for 4 another hours . Yes people, my "WBTB" took as long as my sleep. that's how much of a failure I was . Then I had WILD attempt #2 but I failed very soon for motivation reasons. so I went back to sleep normally.
      When I practiced WILD heavily I used to stay up for 2-4 hours too after WBTB, because I couldn't fall back asleep either. Don't try to force yourself to sleep, I think that's impossible. So instead, just completely enjoy the feeling of comfortness as you lay there, knowing you can stay and enjoy the relaxed state in that you are for hours if you want. Then the sleep should come to you really quickly naturally. I personally started to do this a week ago and the time I fall asleep after WBTB went from 45min - 2h to 20min - 1H.

But if you simply can't fall asleep for some reason and you know you're going to stay awake for an hour or couple, then use that time for MILDing too. You have a really good amount of time to set a strong intention of becoming lucid! Then if your WILD fails, it is really likely that you'll have a DILD instead!
      Raed3700 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Roger that Mr. Saizaphod, very lovely advice. I will enjoy my comfortable bed next sleep ^^ .
      Extra notes for me so I don't repeat my failures:
      - I will re-read (How to Meditate: A practical guide to making friends with your mind) by Pema Chordon as I clearly did not understand it well and I need a quick review. That along side with completing (Are You Dreaming?).
      - I will focus more on my DJ as I noticed I don't write my dreams with much details.
      - I read about ADA previously in DV, it was my first time knowing about the existence of such technique. So, i will focus all day not to day dream much and be aware as much as possible.

My friends! I just created my first personal RC ! It goes simply like this: In as much actions you do as possible, ask yourself (Have I done this before? Am I used to do this everyday? When was the last time i did this?). See, i see my life has a routine with so few new experiences everyday, if any at all. While my dreams on the other hand is so full of action and intense emotions (both are the most common dream sign for me). I think if I did something new in a dream [say, witnessing fire] and I tell myself (wow I never seen fire before! Am I dreaming?) I might trigger my awareness and achieve lucidity. I hope it works.

plus, I have a question for you my fellow, loyal dreamers. When you achieve lucidity, how long do your dreams last? I mean.. I had only one dream that I could truly control and play and have fun with it. And that dream felt like 2-4 minutes long. And I'm ready to sell one of my kidneys to relive that again! (I'm exaggerating of course ). Do you guys have a lucid dream that feels like 2 hours? what if you do DIELD? can you in one night dream what it feels like a whole day?.

Lovely talking to you, Tonight is the night for my 10th Lucid dream! =^.^=
      Last edited by Raed3700; 07-29-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries

Lucid Dream #10!

OMG OMG OMG IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!
      Yes! Last night was my 10th lucid dream! and I could control it. which makes it the second time I experience what does it mean to be lucid. I never had 2 LDs in one month, now it happened in one week!
      So here's what happened before my dream, its sleeping time and it was 11:30pm, I was a bit sleepy so I drunk a glass of water (to perform natural WBTB) and went to my bed a performed 20 mins meditation. This time I didn't suck at meditation and maintained "Zen" posture the whole time, well.. most of the time . I slept after the session intentionally to perform DILD.

And guess what happened?! Yes you're right! I sucked and didn't have lucid dream . I had rather unpleasant NLD that me and my mom were in danger of some psychopath trying to hurt us. I still don't know why I didn't fight the guy. It was 4:42am so that was my WBTB, I stayed up repeating mantras but got interrupted by a friend texting me. We texted for like 20 minutes, and I stayed for another 10 minutes repeating mantras. I was still sleepy enough to return to sleep, so it was WILD time!

For me, the sun was already raising, so the sunlight bothered my sleeping. I used the sleeping mask, covered my body with in blanket, convinced myself that I wont die or get hurt by any means , and I was ready to ride the train heading to the dream world! Unfortunately, and because I'm a newbie in WILDs, I didn't expect the urge to change my position would be that hard ><. I mean I felt like my back was burning and my muscles just wanted to move so bad. I, sadly, kept changing my position very slightly. Hoping the WILD would still work if I did so. in the end I couldn't bear it and just turned my head right and slept.

But I was so sad.. I was so confident that I'm gonna have LD . I desperately reached my nose, with my eyes still closed, to do nose pinch RC. Air went right through my nose o.o. I was like (WHAT?), I breathed again with my nose shut and air kept coming! *Big gasp* I'M IN A DREAM! Here's the rest of it:
      Spoiler for Lucid dream #10:

I own this wonderful experience to Mr. FryingMan for his very helpful links, Mr. fogelbise for his incredible encouragements, Mr. Saizaphod for his advices about relaxing, and every single view in my thread which enthused me.
      + A very big sorry for team Valor, I failed to collect points when I had the chance . I will try harder to remember next time. which is tonight!, because you know ....
      Tonight is the night for my 11th Lucid dream!

LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      Yes! Last night was my 10th lucid dream!
      Awesome job Raed!! Keep doing what you are doing and the lucid dreams will continue to keep flowing! Try not to do what many of us do when we get on a nice roll and think that "I cracked the code and can keep getting lucid without keeping up all of the practices that have been working for me." You got this, just keep track of what you are doing and keep it up and you will be flying high!

plus, I have a question for you my fellow, loyal dreamers. When you achieve lucidity, how long do your dreams last? I mean.. I had only one dream that I could truly control and play and have fun with it. And that dream felt like 2-4 minutes long. And I'm ready to sell one of my kidneys to relive that again! (I'm exaggerating of course ). Do you guys have a lucid dream that feels like 2 hours? what if you do DIELD? can you in one night dream what it feels like a whole day?.
      That sounded like a good lengthy dream you had after your question! Most of the longer lucid dreams for me are like 15-20 minutes, but I have had some longer ones. 2 hours…not really though I had one that had the combination of what was probably a memory gap and the retroactive feeling that I had been with this DC for half a day which felt really awesome and felt like a long romantic escapade. I truly believe that my lucid dreams will continue to get longer and longer and can for everyone else too. Long time lucid dreamers report some rather lengthy lucid dreams.
      Saizaphod and Raed3700 like this.

Stay lucid Achievements:
      LD Count
      527+
      DJ Entries
      Yes! Last night was my 10th lucid dream! and I could control it. which makes it the second time I experience what does it mean to be lucid.
      Congratulations ! This was a joy to read. And like fogalbise said, keep practicing and doing what works the best for you! Can't wait for more of your lucid adventures!!
      Raed3700 and fogelbise like this.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      You're doing great! Congrats, keep it up!
      Raed3700 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      This reply is for last night and the night before it.. Dear diary, I mean workbook .

I'm still happy that I succeeded in achieving 10th lucid dream, but then why I can not recall the previous two nights dreams??, I mean.. not even one full dream?. I thought I passed the point of not remembering a thing upon waking up. Did I speed things up? Maybe I should have trained more on recalling, or meditation, or waking up motionless, or noticing the micro awakenings. I'm so frustrated.

But hey, at least I can notice how my daily awareness improved . I started to feel like a detective xD. I started to notice some what small things and changes that is not usual and I start to think, why is that there? was it there before? did someone use it? am I dreaming?? Besides when I opened DV today, I got stunned to see the notification says I got a new PM, from Mr. Daniel Love! I screamed internally like a little girl got a Disney land trip surprise . [He replied to my message regarding my quoting of his book. He was like, pffft, don't worry about it bruh]. (No disrespect to Mr. love, he is very cool)

Anyway, I think my plan for the near future is to hold my horses. I will be focusing on building my bases, and hopefully I will stumble upon lucid dreams in the process . Please feel free to comment on my decision anytime you want.

Tonight is the night fo..... Nah, guess not tonight. ^^

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Hi, dreaming varies from night to night. The main thing is to have continued, steady practice, not to worry or stress over any particular night's results, and over time, the average "bad" night of dreaming will probably get better and better. You can still get no recall nights from time to time, depending on life conditions, but they'll become less and less often probably.
      Saizaphod, Raed3700 and fogelbise like this.

LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      But hey, at least I can notice how my daily awareness improved . I started to feel like a detective xD. I started to notice some what small things and changes that is not usual and I start to think, why is that there? was it there before? did someone use it? am I dreaming??
      This is a very good sign that you are maintaining some very good day practices. I agree with what FM said, no worries at all about those 2 nights for dream recall. I don't think you should change up too much right now with all of the success you are having with these LD's clustered together. Your recall is good enough to have these recent lucid dreams and if you keep it up it will come back to previous levels and then maybe put a little extra focus on recall further down the road to get your recall more consistent (but again don't worry at this point! ). We all have nights with little or no recall I think.
      Raed3700 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Much gratitude for the comforting, Mr. FryingMan and Mr. fogelbise. <3

I guess you are absolutely right! I have a theory about what happened wrong yesterday. It goes like this: It wasn't weekend, that's it . Last weekend was four days long, and it was after exams, that's why my head was clear and I could focus all my attention on LDing. While yesterday I had to wakeup early and was rushed by phone's alarm. And I thought I lost it all. Stupid me.

About last sleep, it was strange dream that I almost became lucid. I was walking in a dark ,maze-like, warehouse? That's not the strange thing, it was me doing nose pinch RC and not getting lucid! I admit I was drown in the dream scenery, and I was scared, so that maybe didn't let me focus on my RC and achieve lucidity. Anyway, it was a step forward

Tonight is the night for my 11th Lucid dream.
      fogelbise likes this.

LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      About last sleep, it was strange dream that I almost became lucid. I was walking in a dark ,maze-like, warehouse? That's not the strange thing, it was me doing nose pinch RC and not getting lucid! I admit I was drown in the dream scenery, and I was scared, so that maybe didn't let me focus on my RC and achieve lucidity. Anyway, it was a step forward
      That is a nice step forward and a very good sign that you are close to your next LD!

It is good to have a few RC's to run through in the dream state. If one doesn't let you know that you are dreaming, there's a good chance the 2nd one will.

Keep up the great work!
      Raed3700 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast