• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree5Likes
    • 1 Post By MemeViews
    • 1 Post By MemeViews
    • 1 Post By Saizaphod
    • 2 Post By snoop

Thread: DAE sometimes sleep without realizing it?

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class
      LD Count

DAE sometimes sleep without realizing it?

Sometimes it feels as if I've been laying in my bed for hours on end without sleep. As if I didn't catch any sleep at all for that night.
      Then in the morning, I'm surprised that I feel refreshed even? I'm also surprised that the time has gone by that fast! And then all of a sudden I might even recall some dreams...
      This leads me to believe that I did in fact sleep. However, I don't have any recall of falling asleep, and I don't have any recall of waking up either?!

This happens to me maybe once a week or something.

Has this ever happened to anyone else before?
      Last edited by MemeViews; 08-27-2016 at 06:24 PM.
      rastro13 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class
      LD Count
      Hmm... tried doing some more research and it could be this thing called "Sleep state misperception": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_state_misperception
      snoop likes this.

Stay lucid Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      527+
      DJ Entries
      I don't know that much about sleep disorders, but you asked if anyone else has experienced anything similar and I have once. And it was extremely bizarre. I think I was six or seven years old at the time, but I remember my grandma tucking me into my bed, wishing me good night and then leaving the room. Literally two seconds later she comes back to the room to wake me up telling good morning and all that. I was really confused, but then I started the day normally. Could be a false memory or something, but I remember it vividly.
      MemeViews likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      300+
      Indiana
      I've had this happen to me plenty of times, I've had trouble with sleeping most of my life. It's something that happened quite a lot when I first got out of the Army and couldn't sleep, and had trouble sleeping for the next 2 years. I didn't know it was happening it at first, but I started looking at the alarm clock at random times and would find that, even though I never felt as though I lost consciousness, time seemed to be speeding up at random times... or rather the consistent feeling of the passage of time that you usually have would suddenly appear to change, because in my mind the same amount of time had passed that it felt like, but in reality I had been sleeping. I eventually got good enough to detect small gaps in my memory that didn't seem large enough to make me think I had actually been sleeping. I wound up calculating that on most nights that I believed I had stayed up the whole night without sleep, I was actually cumulatively getting between 30 minutes to an hour of sleep most nights, with a few rare nights, I would get up to 2 hours altogether.

Stuff like this seems to happen the most in people who believe they are experiencing some form of insomnia.
      MemeViews and rastro13 like this.