• 5 Post By GoCatDave
    • 1 Post By GoCatDave
    • 2 Post By JadeGreen
    • 1 Post By KingCobra
    • 2 Post By GoCatDave
    • 2 Post By kir4ee
    • 2 Post By gab
    • 1 Post By spellbee2

Thread: New Dreamer. Just had first Lucid Dream!

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 3 years registered 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Arizona
      DJ Entries

Cool New Dreamer. Just had first Lucid Dream!

Hi there! I am a new member and I also just had my first bonofide LD. It is very exciting because I have tried to have LD's off and on over the years with no real success. I just recently began reading about LD again and OOB. I also put some LD related apps on my phone. And tonight was the night that I was successful. Yay!!!

Here it is: Saturday January 21, 2017 0110

I was riding in the back of a long car like a station wagon with several rows of seats. There were a lot of male passengers in the car and we were all jammed in tight trying to get comfortable and get some rest. I remember being concerned about my wallet because we were jammed in so tightly. I looked out the front window. We were driving through some big city. I noticed two children riding on extra tall pogo sticks off to the right on the sidewalk. I thought, “If I’m dreaming then I should be able to affect those pogo sticks. Instantly, one of the pogo sticks bended like it was made of rubber and then snapped back to being straight again. This excited me! I thought, “I’m dreaming!” Then I thought, “If I’m really dreaming then I should be able to just fly out of this car.” I shot right through the windshield and flew up to about 30 feet above the car. I looked down at the car and the men were looking at me with amazed expressions. I willed the car to bounce up and down a couple feet off the ground just for fun. Then I flew around a little bit shouting, “I’m lucid! I’m lucid!” Then I thought. Maybe I should wake myself up immediately so that I have a better chance of remembering the dream. I landed on the ground on a wider section of sidewalk, sort of a walking mall area with benches. I thought, “I should try to do something fun. I thought that it would be fun to try to have sex. But there was no privacy in this busy city. I looked around and saw an attractive, tanned, red haired woman sitting on a bench and I approached her. There was a muscular man sitting next to her and he seemed like he was her boyfriend. He looked at me like, “Who are you and why are you approaching my girlfriend.” Since I knew this was a dream, I just looked at him and said, “You’re not going to do anything.” And I turned my attention back to the woman. She smiled and said something like, “No, he won’t.” She was wearing a leather top with no sides to it, just a hole for her head and a flap covering the front and back. I sat next to her and put my left arm around her under the front flap and sort of hugged her. But then I felt like I was sure to forget the lucid dream if I did not wake myself up immediately and I woke up in my bed.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 3 years registered 1 year registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Arizona
      DJ Entries
      Hmmm. 79 views but no replies. I hope I didn't offend anybody with my dream description. I'm brand new here and perhaps unfamiliar with the protocols. I was hoping to find a friendly supportive community here.

Hmmm, Maybe I only dreamed that I made a post here...
      JadeGreen likes this.

Hetrochromic Oneironaut Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Not a contest
      Here and Now
      DJ Entries
      Hmmm. 79 views but no replies. I hope I didn't offend anybody with my dream description. I'm brand new here and perhaps unfamiliar with the protocols. I was hoping to find a friendly supportive community here.
      I don't think you offended anyone with your post, don't worry about that. It just happens that you have arrived during one of the lucid dreaming competitions. Generally, most of the more active members tend to get involved in all the posting and commenting that comes with doing those and might not have found time to reply. Don't take it personally, they're just having fun. (Don't think I'm bashing on the comps though. I've done a couple and they're fun. But speaking from my own experience you can get a little wrapped up in it and forget about the other parts of the forums.) So if the place seems desolate, that would be my best explanation why.

Anyways, It's great that you already had your first lucid dream, sounds like you had a pretty good level of confidence and control already. Tell me more about what you're doing to induce lucid dreams.
      Catastrophe and gab like this.

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      70+
      Here
      DJ Entries
      Welcome! Nah you didn't offend anyone with your post. Nice job on your first lucid. Enjoyed reading it. Just like JadeGreen said, seems like you already have great control and confidence. Keep it up and good luck!
      gab likes this.
      "Dream look real, but they're in your mind, so you realize that the physical world is also a construction, which shows that the mind can affect reality in more ways than you can imagine." ~Stephen Laberge

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Arizona
      DJ Entries
      Ah, That makes sense. Thanks for replying, JG.

I have tried to have lucid dreams off and on over the years and have always failed. I think what was different this time is that I was using a phone app, Awoken, which prompts me to do reality checks throughout the day by playing a totem sound. It also plays the sound when I'm sleeping, hopefully prompting me to go lucid. When I had that first lucid dream the other night, I don't know if the totem sound prompted it. I don't remember hearing a bell ring. But I think that all the reality checks I was doing during the day with that app helped.

I've been reading the book, Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self, by Robert Waggoner. That has been a big inspiration too. I like how he talks about speaking directly to the dream and that he discusses the value of LD for personal and spiritual growth.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
      Welcome! Nah you didn't offend anyone with your post. Nice job on your first lucid. Enjoyed reading it. Just like JadeGreen said, seems like you already have great control and confidence. Keep it up and good luck!
      Thanks for the welcome, KC!

I like your signature quote from Stephen Laberge.
      Last edited by gab; 01-22-2017 at 11:05 PM. Reason: merged 2 posts
      gab and KingCobra like this.

The Daydreamer Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      The New World
      Congrats!! i know when i had my first lucid dream one of the most amazing experience in my life! truly amazing !
      gab and GoCatDave like this.

gab
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      to DreamViews!

Mhm, just like the others had said. No worries, dream descriptions are ok to post. If they are explicit (we have members as young as 13), we can use spoilers with a warning.

Anyway, it sounds like an awesome first lucid. Good amount of control and I'm sure you have noticed, how the dream responds to your wishes and thoughts.

Hope you have many more awesome lucids, and if you have any questions, just ask.

Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Like a lot
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the lucid, it seems like you had very good control for your first lucid dream.

Let us know if you have any questions, and feel free to stop by the IRC chat if you haven't already.
      gab likes this.
      "Going through life worrying about the little things is like cooking with motor oil instead of cooking oil. Sure, you can still probably pull it off, but it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth in retrospect." - Me, apparently

2015: 101 LDs, 2016: 114 LDs, 2017: 38 LDs, 2018: 20 LDs, 2019: 8 LDs

DreamViews Discord!