• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Like Tree36Likes

Thread: AstronomyDomine's Workbook

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      Lost Count
      Dallas, Texas
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by fogelbise View Post
      Thank you for all the kind words AD!

Definitely! There can be much value and enjoyment in those kinds of dreams too. I love it when it feels like I just stepped out of another world into this one. It sounds like we had similar dreams last night - talking about LD's to a DC. I was even showing a DC how I fly in LDs, chuckle. I was also talking about some new series on Showtime that completely revolves around lucid dreaming...I don't believe there is such a series but it started out as a discussion about Westworld (HBO) and had some kind of dreamy transition to me talking about a completely made up series complete with scenes replaying in front of me. Dreams are crazy.
      Yeah, that's pretty awesome! And, truthfully, it makes me feel good that a dream guide and DVA teacher like yourself is having similar dreams Dreams are crazy, like you said. I'm a big classical music buff, and in particular baroque music, and it's not uncommon for me to dream about listening to opera or harpsichord music by well-known composers like JS Bach and Mozart, only not the real and actual music they wrote but subconscious permutations of the music in the style and idiom of the composer. Permutations that could easily pass for legitimate compositions of genius quality, if a musicologist could analyze them. Happens to me a lot. I've become convinced we all have this "genius" center in our brains that only a few people are able to access and extrapolate from in waking life. The great geniuses and intellectuals down throughout history have learnt how to draw from it, but I believe we all have access to it when our "ego" and critical consciousness is put aside during sleep. We get glimpses of it every now and then in the tendrils of hypnogogic activity. Part of the reason why dreams fascinate me so! And the capability to LD is just an added bonus and the icing on the cake!
      Last edited by AstronomyDomine; 03-08-2017 at 09:13 PM.
      fogelbise likes this.
      "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have" -- Eckhart Tolle

Dream Guide - DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by AstronomyDomine View Post
      I'm a big classical music buff, and in particular baroque music, and it's not uncommon for me to dream about listening to opera or harpsichord music by well-known composers like JS Bach and Mozart, only not the real and actual music they wrote but subconscious permutations of the music in the style and idiom of the composer. Permutations that could easily pass for legitimate compositions of genius quality, if a musicologist could analyze them.
      These must be wonderful experiences! I love music in dreams and I sometimes find myself singing, especially in lucid dreams. I don't think what I come up with within the dreams would be huge hits, but they seem kind of catchy to me. Have you ever tried to put these permutations into music after waking? You could even do a tribute album "inspired by lucid dreams." I'd be interested in such an album.

I like that genius center idea and I would like to think that it is there for me to unlock. I do seem to get new insights either during dreams, lucid dreams, HH stages as well as through the course of performing various lucid dreaming daytime practices.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      Lost Count
      Dallas, Texas
      DJ Entries
      These must be wonderful experiences! I love music in dreams and I sometimes find myself singing, especially in lucid dreams. I don't think what I come up with within the dreams would be huge hits, but they seem kind of catchy to me. Have you ever tried to put these permutations into music after waking? You could even do a tribute album "inspired by lucid dreams." I'd be interested in such an album.

I like that genius center idea and I would like to think that it is there for me to unlock. I do seem to get new insights either during dreams, lucid dreams, HH stages as well as through the course of performing various lucid dreaming daytime practices.
      It is there, and it is open for anyone to access it. The trick and the tough part is learning how to access it. That's the key. Guys like Einstein, Tesla, Dali -- they got their best ideas and inventions from dreams. Effortlessly. But then you have to have the skills to cut and shape and polish the diamond once it's handed to you. That's where skill and talent comes in. But downloading the diamond itself is effortless because it comes from the subconscious (or the "higher self" in the metaphysical sense). It's rare, but as a composer, I've woken up with HH sounds and themes and captured bits and fragments. It's actually really difficult to do if your mind isn't conditioned to preserve the sounds long enough to write them down. Here's a piano theme I was able to capture a few years ago. The theme and development and counterpoint just flowed out of me as though I were taking dictation. It took me two hours.

I've got hundreds of pieces on my YT channel as a neo-baroque composer, but I can only count on one hand the times where the music was actually dream-inspired. It's very rare. I remember coming out of a hypnogogic doorway one morning with the echoing of an angelic voice singing an aria that was so beautiful it made my entire soul ache and throb with rapture. I woke up weeping. I could still hear the voice, though it was fading fast back into the void of my subconscious. I thought to jump up and try to capture the essence of it, but then realized it was wholly impossible. It was too beautiful to replicate. I'd never heard anything like it on earth in all my years studying theory at the Boston Conservatory or in a Bach Cantata or Mozart Mass (and as an afficianado I've heard the best of the best lol). Yeah, you said it. Dreams are crazy. The human subconscious is an ocean, somehow connected to the eternal. Anyone can access it I believe. Knock and the door will be opened
      Last edited by AstronomyDomine; 03-09-2017 at 04:06 AM.
      fogelbise likes this.

Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      A dream inspired composition! It is very beautiful! Especially as the piece ramps up and through to the end…thank you for sharing! Very inspiring!

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Lost Count
      Dallas, Texas
      DJ Entries
      A dream inspired composition! It is very beautiful! Especially as the piece ramps up and through to the end…thank you for sharing! Very inspiring!
      Thank you! Glad you liked it! I've got a few more if you're interested. A trio sonata, a fugue and a piano concerto movement. In addition to the sonata above, those are the only ones I've been able to capture from a dream. Here's the trio sonata movement (it's a bit entrancing, but such are the nature of dreams anyhow lol). This is a good example of "tapping in" and capturing a sound that you've heard in another realm. The flute and violin exchange is a dialogue reminiscent of what I heard in the hypnogogic realm one morning. This is the best effort I had in capturing its essence:
      Last edited by AstronomyDomine; 03-09-2017 at 06:52 PM.
      fogelbise likes this.

LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      Beautiful! Yes, I would be interested in hearing the other 2 also!

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Lost Count
      Dallas, Texas
      DJ Entries
      Beautiful! Yes, I would be interested in hearing the other 2 also!
      Okay, so here is another one I forgot I had. It's very old, and I wrote it before I knew any theory (I'm a self-taught composer, never took music composition). But the theme and texture is dream-inspired and it was another one of those I didn't have to "write out" -- I just took dictation from the music which had already been imprinted in my subconscious from a dream:

Here is a piano concerto theme, inspired by a dream:

And, finally, the piece I am most proud of. My 3-voiced "dream" fugue. To this day I am staggered by how it sounds, the theme, the counter-theme, harmony, the episodes, modulations, recapitulations, the stretto, etc. I took dictation from my subconscious for the theme after hearing it echoing in my head after I woke up. The piece wrote itself, like petals unfolding:

And that's all I have. Hope you enjoy!
      Last edited by AstronomyDomine; 03-10-2017 at 02:21 AM.
      fogelbise likes this.

LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      ^So wonderful! It's so interesting to discover new beauty (new to me). I am thankful that forums like these allow one to meet people with various backgrounds and talents and thus enrich our daily experiences. It also seems like lucid dreaming attracts more than it's fair share of talented people.

Thank you again for sharing AD! I wish us both music filled and inspirational dreams!

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Lost Count
      Dallas, Texas
      DJ Entries
      I bought some subliminal software so I can run flash LD affirmations on my computer screen and imbed them in music. I've already made 2 tracks and uploaded them to my AstronomyDomine YouTube channel. I made a vid for Daytime awareness (ADA), and one for my vision board re: MILDs & DILDs. So far so good! Had vivid NLDs last night and one semi-lucid that never quite took off. But they're cause to celebrate nonetheless. Here is a list of the subliminal affirmations I am exposing myself to, at 60 mls every 4 seconds, and at a sub-auditory level. I've also also mixed them with beta isochronic tones. They're streaming right now as I type this LOL

For daytime lucidity:

All my actions are dream actions
      I am dreaming
      I dream all day, every day
      I am aware that I am dreaming
      I always remember that I am dreaming
      I always remember to look at my hands
      I do reality checks regularly
      I consciously dream all day long
      I realize I am dreaming
      All my feelings are dream feelings
      Every morning I wake up to a dream
      My dreaming never ends
      I am dreaming right now
      Everything I experience is a dream
      I dream all the time
      My life is a dream
      I always think about my dreaming
      I am aware of my dreaming right now
      I am aware I am dreaming when I eat
      I am aware I am dreaming when I drink
      I am aware I am dreaming when I shower
      I am aware I am dreaming when I use the bathroom
      I am aware I am dreaming when I drive
      I am aware I am dreaming when I brush my teeth
      I am training my mind to be aware I am dreaming
      Every day is a new dream
      All the objects I touch are dream objects
      All the sounds I hear are dream sounds
      All the tastes I taste are dream tastes
      All the smells I smell are dream smells
      I always observe my thoughts
      All my thoughts are dream thoughts
      I remember to practice mindfulness while awake
      I remember to practice mindfulness while asleep
      All day and every day I am mindful of dreaming
      I am consciously dreaming all day long
      My life is one continuous dream
      I am ever mindful that I am dreaming
      Dreaming is my reality
      I never stop thinking about dreaming
      I am dreaming while awake
      I am ever aware of my waking dream state
      As I dream during the day, so I dream at night
      All the sights I see are dream sights
      All my sensations are dream sensations
      All my emotions are dream emotions
      All my activities are dream activities

For my VBIM and MILD, DILD lucidity

I lucid dream regularly
      I have good recall of my lucid dreams
      My lucid dreams are vivid
      I control my lucid dreams
      Looking at my vision board brings awareness in my dreams
      My brain recognizes when I am dreaming
      My lucid dreams are full of adventure
      My lucid dreams are full of exploration
      I achieve all my dream goals
      I create exciting dream characters
      I lucid dream easily
      I love my lucid dreams
      I celebrate my lucid dreams
      I am thankful to my subconscious
      I am grateful for my lucid dreams
      When I am dreaming, I am aware that I am dreaming
      When I am dreaming, I look at my hands and realize I am dreaming
      My lucid dreams are fulfilling
      My lucid dreams are full of adventure
      My lucid dreams satisfy my soul
      I look forward to lucid dreaming each night
      My subconscious is programmed to lucid dream
      My mind is trained to be aware when I dream
      I am mastering the skill of lucid dreaming
      I do reality checks in my dreams
      I look at my hands when I am dreaming
      I lucid dream effortlessly
      I lucid dream naturally
      I recognize when I am dreaming
      I notice my dream signs when I am dreaming
      I am so happy and grateful for my lucid dreams

Will keep you posted on progress! It may be placebo, but I've definitely notice a singularity in LD thought and all it pertains to after 2 days of exposure. And my dreams (NLD) are definitely becoming, well, quite remarkable. Experts say it takes anywhere from 1-2 months to establish a change in habitual subconscious thought, so I'm giving it time. I already know subliminal re-programming works. I've done it to instill self-confidence, wealth accumulation via the laws of attraction, visualization, etc. No reason why it can't help with dream awareness. Happy lucidity!
      fogelbise likes this.

LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      Thank you for sharing, this is interesting! I have not tried anything like this before. Is it normal to have so many different affirmations?

Here is a list of the subliminal affirmations I am exposing myself to, at 60 mls every 4 seconds, and at a sub-auditory level.
      Regarding sub-auditory: so you don't "hear"/notice the affirmations consciously but your brain still registers them somehow I guess?

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Lost Count
      Dallas, Texas
      DJ Entries
      Thank you for sharing, this is interesting! I have not tried anything like this before. Is it normal to have so many different affirmations?

Regarding sub-auditory: so you don't "hear"/notice the affirmations consciously but your brain still registers them somehow I guess?
      That's right. You can't "hear" them at the audible level. They are transmitted at a much lower frequency, though not low enough to escape detection by the subconscious. The same with the text flashes. They are very fast, like a wisp. You can't read them. You just see a blip on the screen, but you are still picking them up subconsciously. So, basically, with the software I have (Mindzoom), your subconscious is getting bombarded and inundated by the affirmations all day long as you work on your computer. I have it set so that the affirmations are broadcasted silently without base music, through my external speakers, all day long. Just beaming out the affirmations.
      Last edited by AstronomyDomine; 03-15-2017 at 12:00 AM.
      fogelbise likes this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Lost Count
      Dallas, Texas
      DJ Entries
      An update. I realized my sleeping patterns were becoming altered due to my WBTB activities and not being able to fall back asleep when intended. No lucidity since 3/7, and what's more, my NLD recall has even plummeted. I feel as though I'm trying too hard, putting too much stress on the whole thing, which is obviously detrimental. So, I'm backing off for a few days to "flush the system" of my mind. Besides, I need my sleep LOL. The only thing I'm still doing is my RC's and mindfulness exercises. I'll resume my MILDing next week with hopefully a fresh perspective. Peace!

LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      ^That sounds like a good idea! Trying too hard, especially if you sense stress is coming into play, does seem to be counterproductive to lucid dreaming.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Lost Count
      Dallas, Texas
      DJ Entries
      So, the other night I did a WBTB, staying up for about 30 minutes and reading MILD sections from LaBerge and Rheingold's ETWOLD. I went back to bed with a strong intention. I dreamt, but didn't DILD. But then I briefly woke up between a REM cycle, and did a quick, 5-second FILD as I was falling asleep again. It did the trick. I consciously noticed my body shutting down: the white HH, the numbing paralysis...and then the big skull-rattling vibrations and sounds. I rode it out for what seemed about 10-15 seconds. When the vibrations finally subsided, I sat up in bed to do an RC. My hands were huge, had 8 fingers. I had already crossed over. This is the second time I've done a FILD where I felt like I had gone through a curtain. There is something so ineffable and mystically wonderful about crossing through that phase. I stood up on my bed in my astral body and looked around my dark bedroom, in which only a moment ago I was mortally awake and physically limited. But now I was immortal and unlimited. I jumped off my bed and landed on my carpeted floor, which was as soft and fluffy as sponge cake. Then I walked around my bedroom, marveling how vivid and accurate it all looked to real life. I walked into my family room and said to myself, "So, this is my dream house!" Then I realized it was time to go -- and I ran and leapt and sailed up through the bay windows and out into the night. Everything was crystal clear: the crisp yet perfectly-temperature air, the brilliant, starry sky and houses and treetops and streetlights beneath me. It was so euphoric.

I flew around for a bit until I started to see massive glass rollercoaster-like structures looming before me. There were people inside them, sitting in which looked like various restaurants and cafes. I wanted to met some of the DC women, so I flew through the glass and into one restaurant. I saw a VERY attractive Hispanic female with a long, black ponytail and decided I would go home with her. But before I could do anything further, I sensed IRL that my physical hand in bed scratched my physical nose. The thought of this reaction suddenly destabilized the dream and before I could regain any footing, I awoke.

But all in all, the experience was amazing, wonderfully encouraging. Just adds to my LD addiction. But I wonder: have any of you more experienced guys been awoken prematurely by a physiological thing like that? An itchy nose? Coughing? For all I know I may have dreamt my nose itched and I scratched it IRL. It sure felt real though - as though it occurred on the other side of the curtain where my real corporeal nose and hands were. Thoughts?
      Last edited by AstronomyDomine; 04-09-2017 at 03:16 PM.
      fogelbise likes this.

LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      DJ Entries
      Congratulations on a nice FILD based DEILD! Good thinking!

But I wonder: have any of you more experienced guys been awoken prematurely by a physiological thing like that? An itchy nose? Coughing? For all I know I may have dreamt my nose itched and I scratched it IRL. It sure felt real though - as though it occurred on the other side of the curtain where my real corporeal nose and hands were. Thoughts?
      I recommend assuming that it is part of a false awakening, or if you prefer, HHs. Sometimes it is easier to believe that it could be HHs than a full fledged dream (FA). Many times I have done, that I have been rewarded by a new dream scene forming fairly quickly. The more you assume you are awake, the more challenging it is avoid fully waking up. So basically, I recommend that you assume that you still have at least one foot in dreamland (if not both) until you are definitely proven otherwise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2