• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Cosmically Drifting Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries

Question Pain in a Lucid Dream and a few Other Questions

I once again started trying Lucid Dreaming recently, and have since realized that I want to have a dream where I would automatically feel pain when engaging in, say, a fight, without waking up because of it. As weird as it sounds, I have a reason for wanting this; I want to fully immerse myself in a dream world, not as an all-powerful being, but instead as simply another character who plays by the rules of the dream, while still maintaining control. Is there a way to train myself to experience pain in a normal, realistic way during the lucid dream, without focusing on it?

Additionally, tying in to what I said about being just another character in the dream, is there a way for me to tell my dream to not give me access to dream abilities, no matter how much I 'Expect' it during a particular dream?

I know that this probably sounds like a rather undesirable request given our natural tendency to avoid pain, but I feel like it could work towards making the dream experience, as a whole, more enjoyable and less repetitive thanks an added sense of danger, and would probably also make fights in dreams significantly more exciting and engaging.
      That certainly is a nice red button you have there.

It'd be a shame if someone were to...

Press it.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      /unpopular opinions

I totally agree with you!

Anyways, when I created DW, my first persistent realm as people call it, made sure to make pain a rule in dreams.
      It was much simpler than expected actually.

Basically, I had to convince myself in-dreams that you do not wake up to pain, that all dreams are connected to each other and that you are but another part of it.
      My thought process: I don't wake up from pain in non-lucid dreams, why would I do so in lucids? The world while awake is information I recieve from withouth, the one from within is the information I recieve from within, the only difference is how much I can do in each. If I find something different, it is because the world from within is not waiting for me to sleep, time goes by accordingly. I am but myself, the abilities I have access to are no more than the abilities every creature in the dream has since we are all a part of me, yep.

ALSO it works wonders, sometimes in dreams I try to use abilities that need certain "conditions" to be met without thinking, I can't use them until the conditions are met no matter how much I try and do not have access to god-mod powers. Normally end up facepalming at myself for being stupid and not thinking right on what power to use.

So yeah, you can try and create your own world in a dream and convince yourself that it is but another world made of "you". I can go in detail on the power I used for it if you want me to

Cosmically Drifting Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Hukif View Post
      /unpopular opinions

I totally agree with you!

Anyways, when I created DW, my first persistent realm as people call it, made sure to make pain a rule in dreams.
      It was much simpler than expected actually.

Basically, I had to convince myself in-dreams that you do not wake up to pain, that all dreams are connected to each other and that you are but another part of it.
      My thought process: I don't wake up from pain in non-lucid dreams, why would I do so in lucids? The world while awake is information I recieve from withouth, the one from within is the information I recieve from within, the only difference is how much I can do in each. If I find something different, it is because the world from within is not waiting for me to sleep, time goes by accordingly. I am but myself, the abilities I have access to are no more than the abilities every creature in the dream has since we are all a part of me, yep.

ALSO it works wonders, sometimes in dreams I try to use abilities that need certain "conditions" to be met without thinking, I can't use them until the conditions are met no matter how much I try and do not have access to god-mod powers. Normally end up facepalming at myself for being stupid and not thinking right on what power to use.

So yeah, you can try and create your own world in a dream and convince yourself that it is but another world made of "you". I can go in detail on the power I used for it if you want me to
      Interesting, thanks! As far as going into detail on the power you used, I think that would be really interesting!
      That certainly is a nice red button you have there.

It'd be a shame if someone were to...

Press it.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      Well.

Basically, the power gives you free access to your memories from dreams and waking.

So what I did was erase the dream, activate the power and then start with my whole plan. Since I had all my memories in the same location, started to replace certain things. For example, made it so that whenever asleep instead of been in a state of "drowsiness" because it was a dream, it would be a state of "realness" that I was in another reality, that there was another world a dream world in which I had to stay alive because just like the real one dying had dire consequences.

At the time, changed the theme of waking up upon death from past memories onto "losing all dream powers and memories", changed the memory of been able to do anything I wished onto "having to work to gain abilities and powers", changed the memory of "All of it been a dream" into "All of it been a part of me, so everything is as real as me" and so on, kept on changing things over and over again. Also made sure to make the dream world a place that changed regardless of my presence in the dream, since I was but another part of the dream world. This way, if anything changed while I was gone, it was easily explained by time flowing and better yet, this world didn't really need me to continue moving forward just like when you are awake so made it all the better and it felt even more real.

I just used that power which I call clockwork to change real memories for fake memories that would activate upon me gaining lucidity or been asleep. It ended up translating instantly into all of my future dreams and I can't actually use certain dream abilities unless it does make sense to the current dream. Which sometimes is a bit annoying but all I have to do is think clearly and done.