• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree14Likes
    • 1 Post By JShadow
    • 1 Post By Nhuc
    • 6 Post By gab
    • 3 Post By Kaan
    • 2 Post By Kaan
    • 1 Post By calactuk

Thread: Sensations you've felt when when falling asleep, in sleep paralysis, or while WILDing.

Passing Shadows Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      Lucid Crossroads

Sensations you've felt when when falling asleep, in sleep paralysis, or while WILDing.

Hypnogogic hallucinations sometimes reported at the onset of sleep involves elementary cenesthopathic feelings (such as experiencing picking, rubbing, or light touching), changes in location of body parts (such as an arm or a leg), or feelings of levitation or extracorporeal experiences (like moving the body in space or floating above the bed) that may be quite elaborate.

Ever WILDed and felt strange sensations like this? What did they feel like?

Things I've felt:
      - like my body was suspended in air and slowly rotating clockwise.
      - every atom on the surface of my body vibrating
      - moving upwards at extreme speeds with no awareness of my body (very much like meditating after smoking a large amount of marijuana with low tolerance)(I also feel this every time I meditate in a dream)
      - My heart chakra opening: felt like my heartbeat was speeding up.
      Last edited by JShadow; 05-28-2015 at 12:47 AM.
      SearcherTMR likes this.

LD Count
      n/a
      DJ Entries
      My favorite sensation was when I first started. I focused on the bringing every general sense, taste, feel, hear etc to strengthen my bond to the dream. And I remember thinking about the smell of pie. Personally I hate pie, think it tastes like shit, but the smell was so delicious. I could smell it in the room coming into my vision.
      SearcherTMR likes this.

LD Count
      Lost count
      California
      DJ Entries
      During my only experience with sleep paralysis/rem atonia, I was laying face down on my bed with my head buried in my pillow. I noticed I couldn't move and then suddenly I felt body fall through the bed while also get sucked into the sky. I understand that sounds contradictory but it's the only way I can explain it. I then found myself hovering high over my hometown when I was teleported inside an alien spaceship (This almost certainly happened because I was telling myself that this is exactly what an alien abduction would feel like if they were real). Then I lost my lucidity and continued on the dream.
      My Lucid Dreaming Motto - "I have walked upon the the surface of a burning star. Observed events so infinitesimal and instantaneous that they can barely be described as having occurred at all. You... you're just a dream character. And this world's most powerful dream character poses no more threat to me than it's smartest cupcake." - Dr. Manhattan (kinda)

Lucid Dreaming FTW! Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

Colorado Springs, CO
      DJ Entries
      It's been a while, but the last time I was in sleep paralysis was when I woke up. My whole body was numb, and I saw a large spider in the corner of my roof (a hallucination).

Going into sleep paralysis, I usually feel as though my body's processes all together stop after a tingly sensation waves over my body. I can't feel my breath, heart, anything. I hallucinate at this point, then go into a dream.

Always freaked me out. After waking up from those (lucid/non-lucid) dreams later, I'm just shocked that I could do it, and wonder if I will be able to do it again.

Good times.
      DILD: 0 | WBTB: 0 | WILD: 0

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      sleep paralysis is not just a hallucination... it's not a symptom of dream state or sensations, it's something astral, a spiritual attack, and if you still haven't realized that you're just being naive and labeling your intuitive conclusion about these events as superstitions when in reality they're much more real than you could ever rationally comprehend.

*Video with prohibited links to commercial products for sale removed*
      Last edited by anderj101; 05-31-2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Removed video with spam links

gab
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by blizzardesigns View Post
      sleep paralysis is not just a hallucination... it's not a symptom of dream state or sensations, it's something astral, a spiritual attack, and if you still haven't realized that you're just being naive and labeling your intuitive conclusion about these events as superstitions when in reality they're much more real than you could ever rationally comprehend.
      LOL!

That is one of the funniest and silliest misinterpretations of sleep paralysis I have seen in years. I hope it's some kind of a typo, like a "not" missing from "it's NOT something astral, NOT spiritual attack..." If not a typo, then please don't do it again. It has no place on this forum.

Sleep paralysis is when our body is immobilized after we start to dream. Simple defense mechanizm, so we don't act out our dreams and kick a wall or punch someone sleeping next to us, or start walking, screeming, anything pretty much that we are doing in a dream at that moment.

REM atonia, which is a normal state our body engages after we enter REM state and start to dream, happens to everybody every nite, every time we dream. It starts automatically and ends automatically the moment the REM is over or we woke up. Sometimes it can happen that REM atonia starts while we are still aware, or doesn't end the moment we wake up. Those instances of REM atonia are called SP - sleep paralysis. It can be scary if we don't know what is happening. But if we know what it is, it can actually be used to enter a LD, since we are already half way there - all nice and relaxed. Just relax and try to enter another dream while keeping your awareness. Or if you want to end SP, start by changing your breathing. Make it faster, and your body will realize that YOU are in control of it, so you must be awake and it will end the SP. Also, try to wiggle tips of your fingers and toes. Everything else is paralyzed. But the point is to show your body that you are awake so it ends the SP.

When lucid dreamers WILD, we get into state when we are still aware, but already dreaming. In that moment we could be already in REM atonia. But normally we don't even notice, because why whould we? SP is not a goal of lucid dreaming, and testing if we are in SP is counterproductive, since moving and testing if we are in SP could and would get us out of the state when we are already in a lucid dream.

So, SP is anormal state our body enters us into every time we dream. Nothing supernatural about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JShadow View Post
      Ever WILDed and felt strange sensations like this? What did they feel like?
      oooooh yeah! I love those! For me, they are as good as LD itself.

Floating
      body rotating
      being lifted up and twisted like a pretzel
      vibrating
      flying head first at warp speed, sometimes over bumpy surface
      falling down

The falling down sensation is one of my favorites. So sometimes when in HH, I try to induce LD by finding a chair, standing up on it and falling down backwards.

Member Achievements:
      3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      France
      Well said gab !

Personally when I WILD by luck or with the help of galantamine, I don't feel anything but a quick transition from what I imaging seeing or touching, or feeling to something I really see or touch or feel, and when it happens, I just entered in the dream.
      Sometimes I feel strange hallucinations when I cross certain sleep stages, while falling asleep or just after waking up :
      -Tactile hallucination of something climbing on my bed, I don't see it but it's like a cat or a dog just climbed on, I feel the shape of the bed changing like if something more or less heavy was on.
      -auditory hallucination of something moving next to the bed.
      -hypnopompic hallucinations like seeing enormous bugs on the wall, or going quickly under the bed just after waking up (it doesn't happen to me anymore)
      -I can hear very short random sentences of random people voices when I focus on and try to hear it when I 'm falling asleep.

All of these hallucinations are never followed by a conscious entering in REM in my case.

I don't suffer from SP (the pathologic one), but twice, when I was very stressed and with some big sleep deprivations, I lived tremendous SP episodes.
      I very well remember the night I felt paralyzed and something seamed to strongly pulling me by my foots.
      it was horrible, I was struggling to stay in my "body" and was trying to scream for help but I couldn't.
      back in that days, I didn't know the true nature of SP, and was thinking like blizardizzing , I thought it was really happening to me, I just didn't know this was an hallucination.

Once, under the influence of Galantamine and other supplements,when I tried the M. Raduga's WILD/DEILD technique, I lived a complete OBE experience, from the floating sensations, to the whole SP process, seeing my asleep body and so on. I understood then how our mind can be tricked by our brain, cause I was persuaded during this dream that it was proving me I was wrong about AP and that this astral stuff was the real shit, until I woke up and noticed that all of this was just a kind of LD, cause the room where I was "astral traveling" has never existed, and my own body I was supposed to look at and hear snoring was another dream creation... lol.
      At the beginning of this OBE/WILD, I felt the same sensation of body separation and fear (accelerating heart beat) than when I lived this horrible SP, but I managed to stay calm and let the phenomenon happen.

Once, while I was trying to WILD, I saw an ex-girfriend entering in my room and I felt her kinda sitting on my body while I was sleeping by my side.
      This time I was as fully aware of the true nature of this vision, but it was none the less creepy !

I also lived, few decades ago, 3 spontaneous OBE, waking up already "separated", floating on the top of my room, not looking at the representation of my "real" sleeping body, but with this feeling I was living my own death.
      I was in a kind of "gray dimension"..
      Brain is really tricky.
      Last edited by Kaan; 05-29-2015 at 11:27 AM.
      gab, Mismagius and SearcherTMR like this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gab View Post
      LOL!

That is one of the funniest and silliest misinterpretations of sleep paralysis I have seen in years. I hope it's some kind of a typo, like a "not" missing from "it's NOT something astral, NOT spiritual attack..." If not a typo, then please don't do it again. It has no place on this forum.

Sleep paralysis is when our body is immobilized after we start to dream. Simple defense mechanizm, so we don't act out our dreams and kick a wall or punch someone sleeping next to us, or start walking, screeming, anything pretty much that we are doing in a dream at that moment.

REM atonia, which is a normal state our body engages after we enter REM state and start to dream, happens to everybody every nite, every time we dream. It starts automatically and ends automatically the moment the REM is over or we woke up. Sometimes it can happen that REM atonia starts while we are still aware, or doesn't end the moment we wake up. Those instances of REM atonia are called SP - sleep paralysis. It can be scary if we don't know what is happening. But if we know what it is, it can actually be used to enter a LD, since we are already half way there - all nice and relaxed. Just relax and try to enter another dream while keeping your awareness. Or if you want to end SP, start by changing your breathing. Make it faster, and your body will realize that YOU are in control of it, so you must be awake and it will end the SP. Also, try to wiggle tips of your fingers and toes. Everything else is paralyzed. But the point is to show your body that you are awake so it ends the SP.

When lucid dreamers WILD, we get into state when we are still aware, but already dreaming. In that moment we could be already in REM atonia. But normally we don't even notice, because why whould we? SP is not a goal of lucid dreaming, and testing if we are in SP is counterproductive, since moving and testing if we are in SP could and would get us out of the state when we are already in a lucid dream.

So, SP is anormal state our body enters us into every time we dream. Nothing supernatural about it.

Floating
      body rotating
      vibrating
      falling down

The falling down sensation is one of my favorites. So sometimes when in HH, I try to induce LD by finding a chair, standing up on it and falling down backwards.
      being naive about the spiritual side of things makes it impossible to comprehend, did you watch that video? have you heard what has been said by every ancient religion throughout history to this day about these things? It's obviously never happened to you before going to sleep.

Blizzardesigns, please, don't do this.

LD Count
      n/a
      DJ Entries
      being naive about the spiritual side of things makes it impossible to comprehend, did you watch that video? have you heard what has been said by every ancient religion throughout history to this day about these things? It's obviously never happened to you before going to sleep.
      It's one thing to take a seed of truth and another to blindly dig into the ground hoping for some kind of revelation. It seems you should probably not continue on in this mindset without reevaluation.

Im not an experienced lucid dreamer. Ive had a couple unintentionally a few years ago. I occassionally try to WILD right when going to sleep. I have gotten some really vivid almost lucid dreams this way, but most of the time i experience weird sensations. Like i start losing focus and letting my mind wander and then when i think im about to fall asleep, my mind just snaps back into focus and i feel weightless and like im moving really fast and getting sucked up into something at the same times. I also hear voices that are in my head but its like they are actually there.

Dream-Solar Kamehameha Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      I lost count
      DJ Entries
      I love the stuff I feel when I'm having sleep paralysis. I know lots of people freak out about it, but I think after a while if you get SP regularly you start to get used to it, and then eventually come to like it! I never, ever open my eyes though. Not because I'm scared, but because it always seems to push me out of SP and stop me from entering a LD.

The body distortions are the crazy awesome sensations. Once I felt my shoulder socket move over onto my chest and my arm started spinning around and grew super long. It was a trip. Levitation is always fun, too. I get the feeling of floating up and spinning around quite a lot.

I've never gotten the common one of feeling like something is sitting on your chest though

LD goal: Solar kamehameha! SSGSS status!

(Hey, you, wanna play a game?)

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Nhuc View Post
      It's one thing to take a seed of truth and another to blindly dig into the ground hoping for some kind of revelation. It seems you should probably not continue on in this mindset without reevaluation.
      Who says the revelation's realized from religious seeds of knowledge need reevaluation? This information just needs to be recognized without ignorant disregard. Cynical skepticism only blinds people from seeing the big picture of the simplest of ideas. Only less than 100 years ago have people been disregarding ancient known facts in contrast with modern psychological explanations, which of course only value a material (chemical) explanation.

Member Achievements:
      3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      France
      Who says the revelation's realized from religious seeds of knowledge need reevaluation? This information just needs to be recognized without ignorant disregard. Cynical skepticism only blinds people from seeing the big picture of the simplest of ideas. Only less than 100 years ago have people been disregarding ancient known facts in contrast with modern psychological explanations, which of course only value a material (chemical) explanation.
      skepticism has nothing to do with cynicism, it is more a question of wisdom.
      Science always try to bring models, explanations and demonstrations.
      obscurantism and religions are about claims, faith, trust, but never bring any proof of what is claimed.

it's up to you to decide where is the ignorance.
      Sageous and JShadow like this.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

I get this feeling when I do WBTB, it's very hard to explain, but basically I think it's the onset of REM atonia, but it's a gentle feeling. It happens, I think, not long before my body falls asleep.
      Basically my eyelids feel very heavy, but since they are closed it's as if they were gently pushing onto my eyes. Then I get a feeling of "wholeness" and again, gentle heaviness, as if my whole body weighed a lot more than it usually does. But there is no fear, maybe because I understand that my LD isn't too far away.

Then I get the vibrations - which have historically been very strong for me - but these days I have learned to "push them down through my body" (a technique learned in an OBE book) and I sometimes get a buzzing feeling in my head and some tingling.
      Then my LD will start - although very often it always starts in my bed, so I have to basically roll out of bed and go from there. I think it has to do with the fact that my imagination isn't that strong and so my brain imagines that my immediate surroundings must be familiar ones.

I get sleep paralysis type feelings and sensations all of the time. I sometimes wonder if I am dreaming when I have them because they always happen just before or just after dreaming. I don't see any way of figuring out if its happening in the dream world body or the waking world body.

I have experienced something great once when slowly falling asleep, after 10 minutes or more I felt this unimaginable clarity, pure consciousness. It lasted only for a minute or so, but I think that it was the experience that the Tibetan Buddhists call Rigpa.

Lurker
      LD Count
      I'm not into WILD but a while ago when I was trying to step into dream via WILD I heard something that sounded like metal hitting metal. Like fork running along metal beams.

Also there was that strange tingling feeling on my palm and in my legs. Then the colors flooded in front of my eyes leaving me certain that everything is going good. And this is the most common scenario connected with my wild adventures (got it?).
      Last edited by Ikasiyam; 07-09-2015 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Typo

Lurker

RE: Sleep Paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by gab View Post
      LOL!

Floating
      body rotating
      vibrating
      falling down

You get the warped speed head thing too eh/huh? I've had SP since I was 12 years old or so. It is very rare. I never see "The Old Hag" or "Shadowman". First time it happened I could hear my mother's voice getting louder and louder. In the past few years someone had told me to just go with it. One night I did and my body flipped 180 degrees where I was face down hovering over the ground when in reality I was on my back. Getting back to warped speed: I just remember trying a meditation in a camper I used to rent. After that I went to try and sleep and SP occured. I went with it. I was on my back but in SP it felt like I was sitting upright in bed. Then my head felt detached from my body. It went into warped speed forward. I could see a very dark dark green with black lightening flashes. The sound of the warped speed was like the sound of rushing waters ( Ie. Niagara Falls) Ontop of this sound I could hear a ringing from the center upright part of my brain. It sounded as if it was moving in circles and rotating from fast to slow ( Ie. the cursor when you log into skype) The speed of the sound seems to match the rythmn of the speed and timing of the Skype cursor when you log in. I don't think it lasted too long but it was a pretty gnarly trip. I worked with a dude who was brought up Harri Krishna, and he seemed to think I tapped into my merkaba. Have not experienced anything like this aside from the standard SP which is rare of which I can remember in the past few years. I hope I was able to explain this well enough as it is 2:33 in the morning here. Always was curious if others have experienced the same feeling. G'Night
      sleephoax likes this.