• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    1. #1
      Rotaredom Howie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Undisclosed location
      Posts
      10,272
      Likes
      24

      Could all you talented people help me with..

      I usually am not short on ideas. Sometime TOO many.
      I have someone who I gave a DJ to and he wanted me to draw something in it. He loved it. Now he would like me to create a tattoo for him.

      I bit more on the serious side, yaa know?

      He wants to encompass something that is a tribute to his mother who has pasted on. He would also like to render something that kind off tips your hat for all the people in his life now that make a difference.

      Kinda deep.
      I have some ideas but I would like to see your ideas first, written or other wise.

      Thanks artist in advance.

    2. #2
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Howie do you have a deviantart page? www.deviantart.com
      You could search on there for ideas as well.

    3. #3
      Member Wildman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2005
      Gender
      Location
      A dark desert highway
      Posts
      1,035
      Likes
      21
      DJ Entries
      27
      Well nobody's really answered, at least not in the thread, and I don't even know if you're still looking for ideas. I'm no artist, but I can propose an idea, don't know if it's any good or what your friend is looking for.

      Ok, here goes

      Basically, the mother is in the middle, maybe with a slight smile, facing the viewer. Around her on both sides is a crowd of people, but barely recognizable as such, more like two waves that converge toward one point in the distance, disappearing behind the mother and walking away from the viewer. I imagine everything as very grayish, the crowd almost forming a mist, and with almost no vivid colors although those could possibly be added to the mother, who stands out from the rest of the crowd. She can, however, be sinking slightly into it.

      Now for the other people who have influenced him, they are either inside of the crowd, but facing toward the viewer and with a different, more human/vivid coloration, or standing just outside the limit of the "fog", but not directly in front of the mother. Maybe have a slight hint of light coming down on them from the sky. As a finishing touch, maybe either have under the drawing, or as part of the mist or some other element of the drawing, simply the words "Thank you." or something similar in a kind of wavelike pattern.

      I hope this is useful to you at all

    4. #4
      Rotaredom Howie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Undisclosed location
      Posts
      10,272
      Likes
      24
      Thanks you two for your help.
      Sandform,
      I do not have a Deviant art page. I have heard a lot around this Forum about it. Wow, lots of stuff, to say the least.

      Wildman,
      Thanks for the idea.
      That would be a tough one to render. But a creative idea.
      as I talked to him he wanted to be more symbolic in nature.

      What do you think?

      Thanks
      .

    5. #5
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Well this might sound like a poor idea...how about a pack of wolves? Can't really elaborate, but maybe a pack of wolves just all together, 3 of them, one to represent his mother (or family) one for him, and one for his other influences in life.

      A dark solid color could be used for the wolf representing him,
      a warm color for his mother,
      and and a differently patterned wolf for his influences.

      Or even more symbolically, all the wolves could represent charectorstics imposed upon him by the his mother, and influences. Like, maybe if his mother is a loving indiviudal, the wolf could represent that part of her that is inside of him, and so on.

    6. #6
      Rotaredom Howie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Undisclosed location
      Posts
      10,272
      Likes
      24
      Quote Originally Posted by Sandform View Post
      Well this might sound like a poor idea...how about a pack of wolves? Can't really elaborate, but maybe a pack of wolves just all together, 3 of them, one to represent his mother (or family) one for him, and one for his other influences in life.

      A dark solid color could be used for the wolf representing him,
      a warm color for his mother,
      and and a differently patterned wolf for his influences.

      Or even more symbolically, all the wolves could represent charectorstics imposed upon him by the his mother, and influences. Like, maybe if his mother is a loving indiviudal, the wolf could represent that part of her that is inside of him, and so on.

      Thanks again Sandform.
      I sent him that Deviant art page and he is digging it.
      We will see.

      Quite frankly I am not very good at rendering peoples faces. I will steer him away from that. ha ha.

    7. #7
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      lol

    8. #8
      SKA
      SKA is offline
      Human Being SKA's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Here, Now
      Posts
      2,469
      Likes
      66
      Hmm Mother and People that made a difference...

      I would know ways to depict Motherlove. Perhaps a female figure in warm colors in an embracing posture? If he wants his Tattoo to be really huge I'd say a motherfigure on his back that holds her arms around him with her hands tattooed around his waste or chest. That would literraly be a Tattoo of his (symbolical) mother that embraces him as a caring, loving act of motherly passion.

      I guess faces say a whole lot and are the symbols of who we are as persons to the outside world. Perhaps his friend's faces tattooed around his heart-area?

      I could draw a couple of quick sketches if you like or even make a full-color drawing with pastels, but the latter I can't promise to make soon.
      And as for the people that made a difference in his life. How about their faces
      Luminous Spacious Dream Masters That Holographically Communicate
      among other teachers taught me

      not to overestimate the Value of our Concrete Knowledge;"Common sense"/Rationality,
      for doing so would make us Blind for the unimaginable, unparalleled Capacity of and Wisdom contained within our Felt Knowledge;Subconscious Intuition.

    9. #9
      Rotaredom Howie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Undisclosed location
      Posts
      10,272
      Likes
      24
      Quote Originally Posted by SKA View Post
      Hmm Mother and People that made a difference...

      I would know ways to depict Motherlove. Perhaps a female figure in warm colors in an embracing posture? If he wants his Tattoo to be really huge I'd say a motherfigure on his back that holds her arms around him with her hands tattooed around his waste or chest. That would literraly be a Tattoo of his (symbolical) mother that embraces him as a caring, loving act of motherly passion.

      I guess faces say a whole lot and are the symbols of who we are as persons to the outside world. Perhaps his friend's faces tattooed around his heart-area?

      I could draw a couple of quick sketches if you like or even make a full-color drawing with pastels, but the latter I can't promise to make soon.
      And as for the people that made a difference in his life. How about their faces
      Thanks SKA.
      Let me tell you guys a little more information.
      It is not particularly a topic I would like to discuss but I think for reasons we all know it would give valuable insight to this entire concept.
      OK.... here it goes.
      We actually became friends because of our mothers. (They even do good stuff after they are gone) My friend Vilmos lost his mother suddenly like I did. His experience was most likely more traumatic than mine.
      In Short, his mother shot herself in the head with his gun that he blames himself for leaving out. There was no knowledge to him that his mother was even REMOTELY depressed.
      I am sure you can try to imagine. really needs no more information.

      So Vilmos does not want a tribute to anyone BUT his mother.

      Is there a symbol or sign for love?
      Words - (He is Hungarian)
      Agape - means love. uuh for ever blank blank ????

    10. #10
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      X.X well I have no idea's for something like that! I've never experienced that kindof...situation. Bad stuff yeah, so I can sympathise with how bad he probably felt over this, but I have no clue at all what he could be going through, or how he actually feels. If I were to do something in tribute to my mother, I suppose I would try to think of something she always said that gave him comfort, then have some sort of tatoo with a woman embracing another person, with whatever her words of comfort were lieing underneath the picture. To make it more personal.

      For example, in my case my mother loved cinderella...Yeah, kindof a freak, but anyway, if I did something in tribute to my mother, I would have to do something with her looking like cinderella, and then underneath a saying like "a dream is a wish your heart makes." Or "time to start another day." etc. etc.
      Last edited by Sandform; 08-07-2007 at 10:11 AM.

    11. #11
      Rotaredom Howie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Undisclosed location
      Posts
      10,272
      Likes
      24

      Sleep on it

      Quote Originally Posted by Sandform View Post
      X.X well I have no idea's for something like that! I've never experienced that kindof...situation. Bad stuff yeah, so I can sympathise with how bad he probably felt over this, but I have no clue at all what he could be going through, or how he actually feels. If I were to do something in tribute to my mother, I suppose I would try to think of something she always said that gave him comfort, then have some sort of tatoo with a woman embracing another person, with whatever her words of comfort were lieing underneath the picture. To make it more personal.
      It is a tough position for sure.
      I am really pushing that he does not rush it.
      I told him we can ponder ideas and revise , improvise, redo, revise some more and so on.
      Thanks for all the ideas.
      I have a list made.

    12. #12
      TheUncanny's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      650
      Likes
      89
      DJ Entries
      1
      I was comissioned to make a tattoo once, but I was given a couple of pictures to use as references, so it wasn't as difficult of a task as this. So, he wants a tattoo as a tribute to his mother?

      The first thing that came to my mind were hands. Hands can be very evocative of emotion, so it would just be matter of getting the right "feeling" to the hands via gestures, positions, etc. It seems like a good way to be able to render motherliness without beating you over the head with it, you know?

      Plus, if he did want it to reference other people who had made a difference in his life, multiple hands could do the job. Here are some things I found on google images:










      Do you know what sort of feeling this person wants his tattoo to give off? If you decide to go with hands, that is going to determine what kind of hands and gestures to use.

      -nurturing
      -protection
      -tenderness
      -greif
      -support
      -power
      -loss
      -etc


      all of these things would have very different gestures to them
      Last edited by ethen; 08-08-2007 at 11:42 PM.

    13. #13
      Rotaredom Howie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Gender
      Location
      Undisclosed location
      Posts
      10,272
      Likes
      24
      Quote Originally Posted by ethen View Post
      I was comissioned to make a tattoo once, but I was given a couple of pictures to use as references, so it wasn't as difficult of a task as this. So, he wants a tattoo as a tribute to his mother?

      The first thing that came to my mind were hands. Hands can be very evocative of emotion, so it would just be matter of getting the right "feeling" to the hands via gestures, positions, etc. It seems like a good way to be able to render motherliness without beating you over the head with it, you know?

      Plus, if he did want it to reference other people who had made a difference in his life, multiple hands could do the job. Here are some things I found on google images:










      Do you know what sort of feeling this person wants his tattoo to give off? If you decide to go with hands, that is going to determine what kind of hands and gestures to use.

      Again he is looking more for symbolic in nature. Which would make it hard to emphasize the many many attributes that gestures could attribute.


      all of these things would have very different gestures to them

      Is there a second image in between?
      Wow. Those a re very nice,. The shading on the first one really give emphasise on what could be the mother's hand.
      I personally really like that one.
      You would have to take into account that flesh tone will inevitable surround the image.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •