• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Results 51 to 61 of 61
    Like Tree53Likes

    Thread: Shared Dream FAQ's

    1. #51
      Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,865
      Likes
      2253
      DJ Entries
      476
      Quote Originally Posted by PsychotiChaos View Post
      I thought that in dreams when you look in the mirror you don't look like yourself, and if you look back again it would be different. What makes you say that a person can make themselves look like what they do in real life without them be able to see their self?
      Interesting premise. From the DJ's I have read, many people look into mirrors in dreams and see themselves just as they are in ThisWorld.

      Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
      I read through the FAQ's, but I still don't quite understand how a particular person invades your dreams without knowing who you are. Is it just strictly based off of looking at your user name or your DJ entries?
      No, it could be totally random.

      Quote Originally Posted by PsychotiChaos View Post
      God, some people on these forums are delusional, i guess it's a psychological thing that attracts these people. Maybe they think dreams are a gateway to a different reality? Well, if you ask me i think that's just delusions talking. It all stems from your mind, the thought that it's a different reality and the reality you're thinking of is all in your mind. It's your subconscious (The different reality you think of), your own, no one else's, confined to your mind. May sound bleak, i know but it's true, sad but true.
      yes. also, I am a figment of your imagination. Isn't it remarkable? I don't exist except as a figment of your delusional mind. Prove to me that I am real! You can't. You know why? I am you.

      Quote Originally Posted by PsychotiChaos View Post
      Oh, i believe there is no proof (That i know of), it's all speculation, no proof to show it's true. Also, how are you supposed to know what someone looks like without seeing them,

      Take a wild guess.

      and how is it guaranteed that they'll look like they do in real life?

      There is no guarantee.

      Also, dreams are pretty messed up as it is, how are you supposed to sense that they are a certain person on this forum and know their name?

      same way you know who it is when someone walks in the room, and you don't see them

      It's also a paradox, how can 2 gods of their own imagination coexist in the same location without fucking something up?

      too vague.
      What is there, a brain server out there that has rules set in place (Like an online video game) so you do not fuck anything up? (Cheat in other words).

      cheat? i don't know what you mean by that. there is no game, so no one can cheat If someone wants to give a reason (Or evidence) that it really works, tell me, i am interested to hear your explanation (If any).
      Quote Originally Posted by 1stdreamer View Post
      I'm a little skeptical too, PsychotiChaos. But I can't just be completely closed minded to this, so I've decided to try it for myself. I've heard of way too many instances of this for it to go ignored. Sure, it sounds crazy, but we still don't know how dreams work. But someone here mentioned Quantum Entanglement as a possible explanation for it, so there's that.
      Quote Originally Posted by Firewolf View Post
      Hey, I hope you don't mind if I ask these questions but...1. Can you enter someone's dream who doesn't believe in this kind of stuff? 2. When you or the other person wakes up do they wake or disrupt the other persons sleep? And 3. Can you gather large amounts of people and put them into one dream? Thanks!
      1. yes.
      2. sometimes.
      3. yes, sometimes.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

    2. #52
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      Gender
      Location
      Louisville, KY
      Posts
      1
      Likes
      1
      Okay, if I'd have knownthis forum existed, I would have joined over year ago. I know should introduce on another page I'd imagine but I'm pressed for time, spending the majority in awe reading the shared dreaming thread. You cancall me Lorenzo, pleasure to meet some actual oneironauts, finally. Psychology and lucid dreaming are my passions, there is so much potential in conscious dreaming! I wantto experience shared dream, and although, according to posts I've read, you're bit overextended Nomad, I'll attempt contacting you. I welcome you to contact me as welland would very much appreciate it. A distinguishing feature of mine is my hair, auburn and past my shoulders. Anyway, apologies again for the possible misplacement of posts, and here's to seeing you in dream, Nomad. Maybe we could fight, something or each other.
      WakingNomad likes this.

    3. #53
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Gender
      Location
      SC
      Posts
      22
      Likes
      11
      1. yes.
      2. sometimes.
      3. yes, sometimes.

      Cool! I probably should have asked this before but can you go into someone's dream to induce lucidity?

    4. #54
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      LD Count
      never counted
      Gender
      Posts
      17
      Likes
      7
      Hey, I hope you don't mind if I ask these questions but...1. Can you enter someone's dream who doesn't believe in this kind of stuff? 2. When you or the other person wakes up do they wake or disrupt the other persons sleep? And 3. Can you gather large amounts of people and put them into one dream? Thanks!
      I believe that if the person who's dream it is wakes up both people will wake up. I've only experienced shared dreams twice. But once when me and my brother had the same dream, I woke up while answering a knock at the door. I asked my brother about it and he told me things just kept on going without me.

    5. #55
      Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,865
      Likes
      2253
      DJ Entries
      476
      Quote Originally Posted by Firewolf View Post
      1. yes.
      2. sometimes.
      3. yes, sometimes.

      Cool! I probably should have asked this before but can you go into someone's dream to induce lucidity?
      I tried a few times, but it didn't work. I have only been able to do it with people that I already do shared dreaming with.

      Quote Originally Posted by DogRobinson View Post
      I believe that if the person who's dream it is wakes up both people will wake up. I've only experienced shared dreams twice. But once when me and my brother had the same dream, I woke up while answering a knock at the door. I asked my brother about it and he told me things just kept on going without me.
      The Dreamworld seems to exist with or without dreamers. I think maybe some dreams are in the larger Dreamworld, and others are in smaller Dream Bubbles, like planets, or tiny universes. That's really cool that you had a shared dream with your brother. Would you mind entering it in your dream journal?
      DogRobinson likes this.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

    6. #56
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      LD Count
      Maybe 6?
      Gender
      Location
      On Uranus
      Posts
      33
      Likes
      14
      DJ Entries
      4
      Yeah, but everyone is different and you can't expect them to look like they actually do, or yourself looking like your real life self for that matter. They might interpret you as looking like what they think of you as or think of you as looking different and vice versa but it may depend on the person at any given time, can you say i'm wrong? How can you know they are the same person that was on this website? Any evidence at all?
      Oh, and yes, how can i prove you are real? I can't because i know that my thoughts create my reality and therefore none of this might be real, you all could be simulations, i could be a simulation, could i ever know? Does that mean i am crazy? I don't know, because i can't put myself in another person's mind, if i could, i would then be them and wouldn't be saying this in the first place.

      If you question everything, you will only find that your thoughts limit your reality - Me. I don't know if someone has already said this but whatever.
      user5659 and Sageous like this.
      Reality check.

    7. #57
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      LD Count
      Maybe 6?
      Gender
      Location
      On Uranus
      Posts
      33
      Likes
      14
      DJ Entries
      4
      "The Dreamworld seems to exist with or without dreamers." And you are just going to say this without any evidence at all? You practically made that up. What is this "dreamworld"? Why would it just be called "dreamworld"? Why would it exist with or without dreamers? Would this mean when no one is dreaming it isn't called "dreamworld" anymore? Also, why is it "The dreamworld", how about "Our dreamworlds"? You seem to also give some "dreamworlds" higher priority than some, like a meta world where some dreamworlds are within a larger dreamworld where these dream worlds may be as you said "smaller Dream Bubbles, like planets, or tiny universes." So, you are saying these universes, planets and dream bubbles are fixed, so they can't be changed? I say this because you are the one who created this idea without any evidence whatsoever and you seem to say these things as fact, without proof. Would that mean my dreamworld was there before i even existed? Also, don't forget, there is something called a subconscious in the brain, are you going to toss that out the window? If i said to you that the dreamworld is only in the mind what would be your answer? Just some questions.
      Sageous likes this.
      Reality check.

    8. #58
      Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,865
      Likes
      2253
      DJ Entries
      476
      Quote Originally Posted by PsychotiChaos View Post
      Yeah, but everyone is different and you can't expect them to look like they actually do, or yourself looking like your real life self for that matter. They might interpret you as looking like what they think of you as or think of you as looking different and vice versa but it may depend on the person at any given time, can you say i'm wrong?
      Yes, I am pretty sure I can say that, but I might speak incorrectly.
      How can you know they are the same person that was on this website?
      I don't seem to be able to know for sure.
      Any evidence at all? probably not.
      Oh, and yes, how can i prove you are real? I can't because i know that my thoughts create my reality and therefore none of this might be real, you all could be simulations, i could be a simulation, could i ever know?
      I don't think so. Does that mean i am crazy?
      Probably not.
      I don't know, because i can't put myself in another person's mind, if i could, i would then be them and wouldn't be saying this in the first place.

      If you question everything, you will only find that your thoughts limit your reality - Me. I don't know if someone has already said this but whatever.
      Quote Originally Posted by PsychotiChaos View Post
      "The Dreamworld seems to exist with or without dreamers." And you are just going to say this without any evidence at all?
      Yes.
      You practically made that up.
      Everything I say I quite possibly make up.
      What is this "dreamworld"?
      The Dreamworld seems to me to be another plane of existence similar to the Astral Plane, but beyond it.
      Why would it just be called "dreamworld"?
      I personally started calling it that recently, to convey my perception that it exists without dreamers.
      Why would it exist with or without dreamers?
      Just like the Earth can exist without humans.
      Would this mean when no one is dreaming it isn't called "dreamworld" anymore?
      People are probably almost always dreaming, because it's always night somewhere, I think that probably other people from other planets and places in the Earth dreaming also, and animals, altogether on the Dreamworld.
      Also, why is it "The dreamworld", how about "Our dreamworlds"?
      That would be like saying, "Our Universe" when we commoner humans don't even own the land we walk on.
      You seem to also give some "dreamworlds" higher priority than some, like a meta world where some dreamworlds are within a larger dreamworld where these dream worlds may be as you said "smaller Dream Bubbles, like planets, or tiny universes." So, you are saying these universes, planets and dream bubbles are fixed, so they can't be changed?
      I think they can probably always be changed.
      I say this because you are the one who created this idea without any evidence whatsoever and you seem to say these things as fact, without proof. Would that mean my dreamworld was there before i even existed?
      From my perception we each have our own private Inner World inside the DreamWorld or Dream Plane. Our Inner World is ours to rule, and be alone in, in dreams, if we want to. We may be able to do almost anything there without harming others because every character is probably a thoughtform, or facet of ourselves. Do Inner Worlds exist before the dreamer is born? I think maybe.
      Also, don't forget, there is something called a subconscious in the brain, are you going to toss that out the window?
      Yes, then I am going to toss gnimearderauoy kcehcytilaer out the window after that!
      If i said to you that the dreamworld is only in the mind what would be your answer?
      Yes. The Dreamworld seems to exist in the Omni-Mind of the Infinite Multiverse.
      Just some questions.
      this is a dream. Wouldn't it be funny if I was somehow your Dream Guide from another dimension?
      Last edited by WakingNomad; 11-21-2013 at 04:25 PM.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

    9. #59
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points

      Join Date
      Nov 2013
      LD Count
      never counted
      Gender
      Posts
      17
      Likes
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post
      I tried a few times, but it didn't work. I have only been able to do it with people that I already do shared dreaming with.



      The Dreamworld seems to exist with or without dreamers. I think maybe some dreams are in the larger Dreamworld, and others are in smaller Dream Bubbles, like planets, or tiny universes. That's really cool that you had a shared dream with your brother. Would you mind entering it in your dream journal?
      Very interesting, I never really thought of it that way. The dream I had with my brother was maybe even 10 years ago so some of the details are not so clear anymore. If I where to write what I remember it would be a short entry.
      WakingNomad likes this.

    10. #60
      Twitcher TwitchLucidity's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Gender
      Posts
      213
      Likes
      205
      DJ Entries
      17
      Hey, nomad.
      Just want to say, if no one has said it, that the Shared Dreaming Etiquette 1 is not letting me in. Says that I don't have privileges or some crap.

    11. #61
      Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,865
      Likes
      2253
      DJ Entries
      476
      Quote Originally Posted by TwitchLucidity View Post
      Hey, nomad.
      Just want to say, if no one has said it, that the Shared Dreaming Etiquette 1 is not letting me in. Says that I don't have privileges or some crap.
      Just ask a moderator for permission into the Deep Dreaming sub-forum.
      TwitchLucidity likes this.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

    Similar Threads

    1. I had a shared dream...
      By RandomNumber677 in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
    2. Replies: 20
      Last Post: 09-22-2010, 02:23 AM
    3. Did I have a Shared Dream?
      By Akai in forum General Dream Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 07-21-2010, 07:05 AM
    4. How To Get A Shared Dream
      By Man of Shred in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 09-23-2006, 12:55 PM
    5. Turning shared dream elements into shared dreams?
      By l3xicon in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 05-14-2005, 05:03 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •