• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 12 of 12
    Like Tree22Likes
    • 2 Post By MoonOfBacon
    • 4 Post By Occipitalred
    • 3 Post By Summerlander
    • 2 Post By <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>
    • 2 Post By Tiktaalik
    • 1 Post By <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>
    • 1 Post By <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>
    • 4 Post By shadowofwind
    • 1 Post By <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>
    • 2 Post By MoonageDaydream

    Thread: Do you believe in reality shifting / astral projection?

    1. #1
      The Baconator Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze
      MoonOfBacon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2021
      LD Count
      0, but trying!
      Gender
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      17
      Likes
      19
      DJ Entries
      15

      Do you believe in reality shifting / astral projection?

      I personally don't believe in reality shifting or astral projection, so I wanted to hear other opinions on it. Do you guys believe in reality shifting and/or astral projection? I personally think it's just lucid dreaming.

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Occipitalred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      660
      Likes
      955
      DJ Entries
      3
      Honestly, if we can reality shift, I don't understand why no one found a reliable utility for it. These things are often considered esoteric, only accessible to the spiritual elite but even them have found no use for it which is very perplexing to me in this capitalist world. It's not like no one is making a livelihood out of spirituality, religion, faith, holistic practices, the magic esthetic, hope and belief. Generally, anything you can think of, people are making it their job, whether it be art or beauty, love or companionship, sport or play, knowledge or information... And they are getting money in exchange. It's their livelihood, even if for others, it might be a hobby. I just imagine that if there were such things, our world would be very different. Some people would find a way to capitalize on them, make it their livelihood. Maybe they would be healers or private detectives or cartologists. But whatever it were, they would give it their all and find a way to give a service to others and live off of their passion or trade.

      Imagine if modern medicine only worked often enough to nurture faith but not enough for anyone to make it their profession? Imagine if it were the same for teaching... tTere would be no teachers because learning was something that only the most faithful could experience for themselves yet, unprovable to others. It's kind of senseless.

      I guess this doesn't mean much but if it's real, this is what perplexes me the most.
      Last edited by Occipitalred; 05-02-2021 at 04:34 AM.

    3. #3
      Lucid Dreamer Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal
      Summerlander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Gender
      Posts
      177
      Likes
      141
      DJ Entries
      3
      As far as I'm aware, the methods/techniques I use lead to lucid dreaming—be that WILD, DILD, DEILD or whatever you want to call it. I do not believe in astral projection or reality shifting.
      THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.

    4. #4
      The Lucid Avenger. Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,787
      Likes
      2250
      DJ Entries
      1738
      Quote Originally Posted by Summerlander View Post
      As far as I'm aware, the methods/techniques I use lead to lucid dreaming—be that WILD, DILD, DEILD, or whatever you want to call it. I do not believe in astral projection or reality shifting.
      I do the same. I believe it is just lucid dreaming too.
      If we could Reality Shift in real life then the government would have probably made it illegal or it would be for a select few who are a little more mentally sound or went through proper training. In some ways, you probably don't want to know what would be like in your other realities. I don't think most would actually be mentally prepared to deal with even the slightest of shifts, in real life. If I could, I wouldn't tell you. (IMO)
      Astral projection, if I was into such things, I would never tell anyone. It would be my belief. I don't need to tell people my spiritual beliefs.
      Last edited by HumbleDreamer; 05-02-2021 at 06:56 PM.


      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/




    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 6 months registered Tagger Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      LD Count
      66
      Gender
      Posts
      90
      Likes
      110
      DJ Entries
      7
      Iíve never had an astral projection experience but even so I donít believe it to be true. So many strange and bizarre experiences can be had whilst lucid dreaming and attempting a WILD so I find it much more plausible that an astral projection is just another form of dream. I donít see the need to add anything else spiritual to the experience. Same for shifting. It sounds to me like people have had a lucid dream where they believe theyíve shifted realities and thatís it.
      MoonOfBacon and HumbleDreamer like this.

    6. #6
      The Lucid Avenger. Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,787
      Likes
      2250
      DJ Entries
      1738
      Btw. I think this may be better in the beyond dreaming section of the forum.
      Last edited by HumbleDreamer; 05-02-2021 at 09:26 PM.
      MoonOfBacon likes this.


      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/




    7. #7
      The Baconator Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze
      MoonOfBacon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2021
      LD Count
      0, but trying!
      Gender
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      17
      Likes
      19
      DJ Entries
      15
      Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDreamer View Post
      Btw. I think this may be better in the beyond dreaming section of the forum.
      I was going to categorize it there but I accidentally hit enter and it submitted.

    8. #8
      The Baconator Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze
      MoonOfBacon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2021
      LD Count
      0, but trying!
      Gender
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      17
      Likes
      19
      DJ Entries
      15
      Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDreamer View Post
      I do the same. I believe it is just lucid dreaming too.
      If we could Reality Shift in real life then the government would have probably made it illegal or it would be for a select few who are a little more mentally sound or went through proper training. In some ways, you probably don't want to know what would be like in your other realities. I don't think most would actually be mentally prepared to deal with even the slightest of shifts, in real life. If I could, I wouldn't tell you. (IMO)
      Astral projection, if I was into such things, I would never tell anyone. It would be my belief. I don't need to tell people my spiritual beliefs.
      I also agree. Also, when I tend to get into an argument with "astral projectors," they bring up the Stargate Program from the CIA, which is a long series of documents on the CIA attempting astral projection, which is funny because if you go to the wikipedia page for the Stargate Program, the CIA stopped Stargate because of it being found to not actually work, then AIR (American Institutes for Research) considered it dubious. Just something I thought I'd share.

    9. #9
      The Lucid Avenger. Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,787
      Likes
      2250
      DJ Entries
      1738
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonOfBacon View Post
      I also agree. Also, when I tend to get into an argument with "astral projectors," they bring up the Stargate Program from the CIA, which is a long series of documents on the CIA attempting astral projection, which is funny because if you go to Wikipedia page for the Stargate Program, the CIA stopped Stargate because of it being found to not actually work, then AIR (American Institutes for Research) considered it dubious. Just something I thought I'd share.
      I'm not sure I would even trust Wikipedia or Reddit. People have been known to add things that are not true. I mean you are probably better off thinking critically when it comes with reading things online and not some source that can be edit at any time.

      BTW:
      Last edited by HumbleDreamer; 05-04-2021 at 03:45 AM.
      MoonOfBacon likes this.


      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/




    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      shadowofwind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      1,605
      Likes
      1175
      I've never heard of 'reality shifting', but I'll just take the words as what they mean to me. If you could 'reality shift', people would not be able to tell, provided that you shift reality in a consistent way. Memory would change along with current circumstances. How can you tell that people aren't "reality shifting" when they do affirmations? Affirmations affect a person's brain, obviously, but if they affected more than that it would be really hard for a skeptic to tell.

      If you could shift reality in inconsistent ways, so that you have objective evidence of it, your life would be a chaotic mess, with every change producing a mess of subtly interrelated but frighteningly obvious unintended consequences. And other people would be scared of you.

      I don't feel like rehashing astral projection again, there are many, many threads on it. Indisputably the sensate aspect of it is a lucid dream. And I'd argue that as a practice it definitely is not a spiritual path that goes anywhere worth going, in contrast to what proponents generally say about it. But that doesn't mean that there's nothing else interesting going on that's inspiring the lucid dream.
      Last edited by shadowofwind; 05-07-2021 at 06:43 PM. Reason: grammar

    11. #11
      The Lucid Avenger. Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF4500'>HumbleDreamer</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,787
      Likes
      2250
      DJ Entries
      1738
      Quote Originally Posted by shadowofwind View Post
      I've never heard of 'reality shifting', but I'll just take the words as what they mean to me. If you could 'reality shift', people would not be able to tell, provided that you shift reality in a consistent way. Memory would change along with current circumstances. How can you tell that people aren't "reality shifting" when they do affirmations? Affirmations affect a person's brain, obviously, but if they affected more than that it would be really hard for a skeptic to tell.

      If you could shift reality in inconsistent ways, so that you have objective evidence of it, your life would be a chaotic mess, with every change producing a mess of subtly interrelated but frighteningly obvious unintended consequences. And other people would be scared of you.

      I don't feel like rehashing astral projection again, there are many, many threads on it. Indisputably the sensate aspect of it is a lucid dream. And I'd argue that as a practice it definitely is not a spiritual path that goes anywhere worth going, in contrast to what proponents generally say about it. But that doesn't mean that there's nothing else interesting going on that's inspiring the lucid dream.
      Agreed.
      Last edited by HumbleDreamer; Yesterday at 02:45 AM.
      MoonOfBacon likes this.


      Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/




    12. #12
      Moonage Daydreamer
      Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      MoonageDaydream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Gender
      Location
      Tropical South Florida
      Posts
      994
      Likes
      1146
      DJ Entries
      70
      I also think that it is lucid dreaming, at least, in most cases. I have heard, however, that Tibetan monks who study dream yoga can project themselves into a reality so close to waking reality, that they can see people traveling up the mountain paths to their temples before they arrive. I don't know if this true, but the idea fascinates me. Especially because (as I've mentioned in previous threads) I had a situation like that in a lucid dream where I saw my brother at the door - and he was really there in real life. Also, reading up on near death experiences suggests that this sort of thing is possible.

      Where most stray, I think, is delving into the hyper-spiritual "realms" of heavens, hells, akashic? library/records, that kind of stuff. I just don't buy into most of that. Maybe it's real? Maybe not? I really can't say, though - I haven't experienced it.

      I do think there's something to the idea that there are multiple reality paths we can be on. However, the differences may be very subtle on a day-to-day basis. Combining this idea with law of attraction principles, I can see this as a real possibility, to some extent. I know people who are miserable, and you know what? Bad stuff always happens to them. I swear, they manifest it. And other people? Just naturally lucky. Is it coincidence? Or does our energetic frequency play a role in our life outcomes? I don't know, but I'm very interested in the subject.
      Check out the Lucid Dreaming Book Club: May-June
      Have a suggestion? Book Club Suggestion Thread

    Similar Threads

    1. Astral Dynamics/Mastering Astral Projection by Robert Bruce
      By onlysleeping in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 07-25-2015, 04:09 PM
    2. Replies: 15
      Last Post: 07-07-2010, 06:53 PM
    3. Do Reality Checks work in OBE/Astral projection?
      By westonci in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 09-25-2007, 04:14 AM
    4. Do Reality Checks work in OBE/Astral projection?
      By westonci in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 09-24-2007, 12:32 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •