• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 49
    Like Tree51Likes

    Thread: Fear of death...GONE!!!!!

    1. #1
      wer
      wer is offline
      Observer wer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      LD Count
      10+
      Gender
      Location
      in harmonic contradiction
      Posts
      732
      Likes
      0

      Fear of death...GONE!!!!!

      I used to be afraid of death. But now its like "fuck it". If i die and nothing happens i'll never know, but if im goin to the astral realms, good. Death is better then life.

    2. #2
      Jin
      Jin is offline
      Member Jin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Posts
      371
      Likes
      0
      It's kind of a disturbing thought to know that you're gonna die and then think that nothing happens after that. I'd rather go with the second.
      I'm rich, biatch!

    3. #3
      Member gameover's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      1,642
      Likes
      10
      Death is the unknown. Truely death should be about as scary for us as tomorrow is, because we don't know whats gonna happen, and the only time we will know is when it does. Tomorrow sounds more comforting to most because we can imagine it easier, even though we truely don't know what will happen. Death can seem more scary because it's the farthest point we can quite comfortably imagine. But I don't fear death. I'm much more sacred of the days leading to it.
      GenericLDer and vudooscience like this.
      I'm in Chasing Mars, one of Chicago's best [link removed - ask for permision]indie rock bands[/url]! <------CLICK FOR FREE MUSIC

    4. #4
      MSG
      MSG is offline
      Colloquial MSG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      LD Count
      1
      Posts
      1,363
      Likes
      12

      Re: Fear of death...GONE!!!!!

      Originally posted by wer
      I used to be afraid of death. But now its like \"fuck it\". If i die and nothing happens i'll never know, but if im goin to the astral realms, good. Death is better then life.

      Now you sound like garey busey lol

    5. #5
      wer
      wer is offline
      Observer wer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      LD Count
      10+
      Gender
      Location
      in harmonic contradiction
      Posts
      732
      Likes
      0
      lol

    6. #6
      Out of the Matrix Neo Neo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2003
      LD Count
      several
      Gender
      Location
      Japan
      Posts
      504
      Likes
      159
      DJ Entries
      29

      not afraid

      hey im not afraid of death either. up to date i've had 5 death dreams, 1 where i actually expirienced going throught "the tunnel" and ending up and a chaotic afterlife where everyone gets dumped off at and can do whatever they want. can you imagine that, a huge shared wish-fulfilment afterlife? of course i believe in more than one afterlife. so im in my afterlife house and suddenly the downstairs door opens 7 little kids on rollerblades go ridding by. im like what the f329k. and the others had to do with death. but that one, i actually breathed out my last breath and everything. not fascinated with death, but interested, and wer i agree with you because this next life will be all wish-fulfilment or some other insane place.

    7. #7
      Sweet Daddy Dee EzioAuditore's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      LD Count
      10
      Gender
      Location
      Firenze
      Posts
      52
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by wer View Post
      I used to be afraid of death. But now its like "fuck it". If i die and nothing happens i'll never know, but if im goin to the astral realms, good. Death is better then life.
      Consciousness is generated by electrical impulses. When you die, those cease. Boom, disproved the afterlife.

    8. #8
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,881
      Likes
      6846
      Is there a necro record? If so, it may have just been broken...

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      OpheliaBlue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Location
      Aisle NEIN
      Posts
      13,310
      Likes
      13721
      DJ Entries
      224
      CRAP!

      3 more weeks and he'd have made 10 years

    10. #10
      Moderator Prince Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Mismagius's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Delmarva
      Posts
      991
      Likes
      1982
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Sageous View Post
      Is there a necro record? If so, it may have just been broken...
      This is quite an old one but I believe this is the oldest I've seen so far: http://www.dreamviews.com/general-lu...ice-skill.html
      Last edited by Mismagius; 07-14-2014 at 11:56 PM.
      OpheliaBlue and Xanous like this.


      In every age, in every place, the deeds of man remain the same
      WICKED is good

    11. #11
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,951
      Likes
      5834
      DJ Entries
      172
      Strangely appropriate though, necro-ing an afterlife thread..

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      OpheliaBlue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Location
      Aisle NEIN
      Posts
      13,310
      Likes
      13721
      DJ Entries
      224
      I'm half tempted to just start moving these to SB instead of locking them. They're just too awesome.

    13. #13
      Oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>OneUp</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      1+ Every Night
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, Texas
      Posts
      689
      Likes
      826
      DJ Entries
      269
      Quote Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post
      Consciousness is generated by electrical impulses. When you die, those cease. Boom, disproved the afterlife.
      Then go ahead now, disprove the soul and spirit.

      "If we doubted our fears instead of doubting our dreams, imagine how much in life we'd accomplish." ~Joel Brown
      "Your background and circumstances may have influenced who you are, but you are responsible for who you become." ~Darren Hardy


      Goals:
      -Become Lucid in every dream every night
      -Perfect the time dilation watch
      -Continue to have a dream plan for most of my lucid dreams

    14. #14
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered

      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      391
      Likes
      216
      Yea, I've gone through this. Not a afraid of death anymore at all after all what happened to me in my dreams. I only care about my family and people I love. Going to live as long as possible

      Fear is damped(is that a correct word ?) as well.

    15. #15
      Sweet Daddy Dee EzioAuditore's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      LD Count
      10
      Gender
      Location
      Firenze
      Posts
      52
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by OneUpBoy71 View Post
      Then go ahead now, disprove the soul and spirit.


      There's no scientific evidence of them, and even if they exist, you won't need to know about them, because you can't do anything in them anyway; you can't talk to anyone, because vocal chords only exist in the physical body. Look around? Nope. Those squishy balls of cornea and skin tissue are in the ground, rotting. Hear? Your "Eardrum" picks up vibrations from the environment and your brain turns it into something usable. That also rots like a jam donut. Smell? Smell is generated by small particles of something entering the nose through a suction; inhaling. Does your spirit have a diaphragm to inhale? Chances are, not. And finally, one of the most important senses; touch. Nerve endings transmit different kinds of information; Softness, pain, and in general, touch. These turn into electrical impulses, get handed off through synapses, go through the spinal chord, up to your brain stem, and the feel is deciphered; Softness? Pain? Touch? Depending on what it is, an involuntary movement can be triggered. If it's pain, usually at a high level, then you'd jerk away.

      Even if there is a spirit, you won't need to worry about it, because you can't do anything as a spirit anyway; it'd just be remnants of the once optimistic and hopeful vessel that met an end, due to the process of human senescence [old age] breaking down the body, forever floating beyond anyone's range of five senses.
      LouaiB likes this.

    16. #16
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,711
      Likes
      1207
      Well that's definitely one way to look at it, can't say I'd see it so limited like that for no reason but if you die and things really are like that nothing is going to be anything enough to give a shit, so it's weird to just assume as a spirit or something else, you don't continue in existence in some way. Ever used dissociatives? That's pretty much experiencing what it's like not to be. Honestly with the possible truth of it being so grim there doesn't seem much reason to me to just see it that way and then use that attitude to justify my misguided actions on this world. Indeed, they are misguided. I digress. I am a major pessimist because I pretty much can't shake it, I'm fairly certain I am bipolar like my uncle but I don't seek proper treatment for it. If I see your view on things as highly negative, you might wanna take a step back if you want to have any chance of a pleasant life. Maybe you are happy, fuck it I don't know, but your view on death certainly doesn't suggest so.

    17. #17
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered

      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      391
      Likes
      216
      video worth to watch on this.

      Calling Earth (July 2014 Version) on Vimeo

    18. #18
      Oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>OneUp</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      1+ Every Night
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, Texas
      Posts
      689
      Likes
      826
      DJ Entries
      269
      Quote Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post
      There's no scientific evidence of them, and even if they exist, you won't need to know about them, because you can't do anything in them anyway; you can't talk to anyone, because vocal chords only exist in the physical body. Look around? Nope. Those squishy balls of cornea and skin tissue are in the ground, rotting. Hear? Your "Eardrum" picks up vibrations from the environment and your brain turns it into something usable. That also rots like a jam donut. Smell? Smell is generated by small particles of something entering the nose through a suction; inhaling. Does your spirit have a diaphragm to inhale? Chances are, not. And finally, one of the most important senses; touch. Nerve endings transmit different kinds of information; Softness, pain, and in general, touch. These turn into electrical impulses, get handed off through synapses, go through the spinal chord, up to your brain stem, and the feel is deciphered; Softness? Pain? Touch? Depending on what it is, an involuntary movement can be triggered. If it's pain, usually at a high level, then you'd jerk away.

      Even if there is a spirit, you won't need to worry about it, because you can't do anything as a spirit anyway; it'd just be remnants of the once optimistic and hopeful vessel that met an end, due to the process of human senescence [old age] breaking down the body, forever floating beyond anyone's range of five senses.
      So you're implying that you know all of the physics of the spirit realm if there is one? Thats really arrogant of you. At this time we are only humans, we cant even explore beyond our own galaxy with our space ships. So you can not just completely trash the spirit/soul as being non existent because you know nothing about it. You cant explain the physics of a dimension you've never been too. Its impossible. You only have knowledge of the human body, not the spiritual one. Electronic voice phenomena can give you a glimpse of that, but even at that its a fairly small one. You cant use the physics of one realm and use them to trash another. Its the same way as you cant explain something if you never experienced it, you can try but it wont come close to the actual experience

      "If we doubted our fears instead of doubting our dreams, imagine how much in life we'd accomplish." ~Joel Brown
      "Your background and circumstances may have influenced who you are, but you are responsible for who you become." ~Darren Hardy


      Goals:
      -Become Lucid in every dream every night
      -Perfect the time dilation watch
      -Continue to have a dream plan for most of my lucid dreams

    19. #19
      Out of the Matrix Neo Neo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2003
      LD Count
      several
      Gender
      Location
      Japan
      Posts
      504
      Likes
      159
      DJ Entries
      29
      I'd just like to say that I have no idea what I was talking about in my previous comment XD

    20. #20
      Please, call me Louai <span class='glow_008000'>LouaiB</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      LD Count
      82
      Gender
      Location
      Mount Lebanon
      Posts
      1,693
      Likes
      1213
      DJ Entries
      13
      Quote Originally Posted by OneUpBoy71 View Post
      So you're implying that you know all of the physics of the spirit realm if there is one? Thats really arrogant of you. At this time we are only humans, we cant even explore beyond our own galaxy with our space ships. So you can not just completely trash the spirit/soul as being non existent because you know nothing about it. You cant explain the physics of a dimension you've never been too. Its impossible. You only have knowledge of the human body, not the spiritual one. Electronic voice phenomena can give you a glimpse of that, but even at that its a fairly small one. You cant use the physics of one realm and use them to trash another. Its the same way as you cant explain something if you never experienced it, you can try but it wont come close to the actual experience
      Are you hearing yourself?! (Not trying to be rude)
      You just said that he is arrogant because he can't assume such things since we humans have no contact with the spiritual world and we never experienced it.

      OK, this is exactly what I think is unreasonable talk. Just reread your post, you said we humans never experience the spiritual world. Then how do you know it exists? How does anyone know that if no one experienced it?

      Clearly spirits are stories made up by past generations to explain a notion of an afterlife.

      Also I am perfectly happy, even when I know I will die and just vanish.

      I hope I didn't sound rude, I am not trying to be rude at all
      Last edited by LouaiB; 07-23-2014 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling
      I fill my heart with fire, with passion, passion for what makes me nostalgic. A unique perspective fuels my fire, makes me discover new passions, more nostalgia. I love it.

      "People tell dreamers to reality check and realize this is the real world and not one of fantasies, but little do they know that for us Lucid Dreamers, it all starts when the RC fails"
      Add me as a friend!!!

    21. #21
      Sweet Daddy Dee EzioAuditore's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      LD Count
      10
      Gender
      Location
      Firenze
      Posts
      52
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by OneUpBoy71 View Post
      So you're implying that you know all of the physics of the spirit realm if there is one? Thats really arrogant of you. At this time we are only humans, we cant even explore beyond our own galaxy with our space ships. So you can not just completely trash the spirit/soul as being non existent because you know nothing about it. You cant explain the physics of a dimension you've never been too. Its impossible. You only have knowledge of the human body, not the spiritual one. Electronic voice phenomena can give you a glimpse of that, but even at that its a fairly small one. You cant use the physics of one realm and use them to trash another. Its the same way as you cant explain something if you never experienced it, you can try but it wont come close to the actual experience
      I'll try to keep religion out of this as much as possible, since the spirit principle directly ties in with it. I have a dinosaur that can travel 100 miles every 5 seconds. No one can see him, touch him, taste his salty scales, hear his mighty roars, or smell him. His name is Harry. Now, you may think he's not there, but he definitely is. Where's my basis to make such a ridiculous claim? You have to believe he's there. He's so fabulous that he defies the laws of everything. We are not high enough on the fab scale to interact with him. You can't call any of his abilities useless, or call BS on my claim that he's actually real, because you condemn what you do not understand. He exists beyond our senses. Do you know how he moves? Does he walk? Does he phase shift? You don't know, because you've never experienced his presence before. I have drawings of him, and a few photoshopped pictures of Godzilla to resemble him [the Electric voice phenomena argument], but that's a small sliver of the pie; that's just what we think we know about him, and for all we know, he could look much different than a giraffe-like green creature. You can't disprove him though, it's just a theory he doesn't exist.

      Do you see now why your argument doesn't hold water?
      Last edited by EzioAuditore; 07-24-2014 at 05:57 AM.

    22. #22
      Sweet Daddy Dee EzioAuditore's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      LD Count
      10
      Gender
      Location
      Firenze
      Posts
      52
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
      Well that's definitely one way to look at it, can't say I'd see it so limited like that for no reason but if you die and things really are like that nothing is going to be anything enough to give a shit, so it's weird to just assume as a spirit or something else, you don't continue in existence in some way. Ever used dissociatives? That's pretty much experiencing what it's like not to be. Honestly with the possible truth of it being so grim there doesn't seem much reason to me to just see it that way and then use that attitude to justify my misguided actions on this world. Indeed, they are misguided. I digress. I am a major pessimist because I pretty much can't shake it, I'm fairly certain I am bipolar like my uncle but I don't seek proper treatment for it. If I see your view on things as highly negative, you might wanna take a step back if you want to have any chance of a pleasant life. Maybe you are happy, fuck it I don't know, but your view on death certainly doesn't suggest so.
      This is what I just read at the last part: "Well, since you don't care what happens when you die, you must have a dark view on life."

      The thought of nothingness doesn't frighten me or turn me pessimistic. I'd say I'm a very optimistic person, because I like to hope that things will go well in the confines of my mortal days. The reason nothingness doesn't scare me is this; Were you afraid/bored before you were born? Do you remember anything about your pre-birth life? Were you floating in purgatory? You don't remember? Did you care? Did you ponder about what your life will be like? No?
      Let's assume you're religious. You believe in the omnipotent ruler, or that we're all rulers of our own fate, doesn't matter. Did you see anything before birth? Did you see God's smile as he finished painting you with his "Holy Brush of Hades" and saying "I see success in this young one"? No? Then it'll be like that after death. You won't care about what happens after death, and you can still be optimistic in this sense, because you're seeing goodness within your life; The life here, the life that drove you to be optimistic.

    23. #23
      Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered

      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      391
      Likes
      216
      Quote Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post
      This is what I just read at the last part: "Well, since you don't care what happens when you die, you must have a dark view on life."

      The thought of nothingness doesn't frighten me or turn me pessimistic. I'd say I'm a very optimistic person, because I like to hope that things will go well in the confines of my mortal days. The reason nothingness doesn't scare me is this; Were you afraid/bored before you were born? Do you remember anything about your pre-birth life? Were you floating in purgatory? You don't remember? Did you care? Did you ponder about what your life will be like? No?
      Let's assume you're religious. You believe in the omnipotent ruler, or that we're all rulers of our own fate, doesn't matter. Did you see anything before birth? Did you see God's smile as he finished painting you with his "Holy Brush of Hades" and saying "I see success in this young one"? No? Then it'll be like that after death. You won't care about what happens after death, and you can still be optimistic in this sense, because you're seeing goodness within your life; The life here, the life that drove you to be optimistic.
      I understand you, you are right. But, don't you think there are exclusions? If we explore the world we are leaving to while we are alive, perhaps through dreams, we then can be able to remember our past next time? There are many different theories of what is next. We could move to some new world, we could re-birth in another body on same planet, we could re-birth in another parallel world that is similar to ours, we could stay here in this world but in different dimension or we could simply die and everything that was with us will die with us. Each is possible and to each there might be its own approach if we are willing to remember our past, well except for the last one

      While we are alive, don't you find it interesting to explore what is out there after this life?

      As for me, I am very interested and I am looking forward to learn more.
      Sageous likes this.

    24. #24
      high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Sageous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      LD Count
      35+ Yrs' Worth
      Gender
      Location
      any quiet place
      Posts
      4,881
      Likes
      6846
      A small interruption... I've heard the following bit of wisdom several times recently:

      Quote Originally Posted by EzioAuditore View Post
      ...Were you afraid/bored before you were born? Do you remember anything about your pre-birth life? Were you floating in purgatory? You don't remember? Did you care? Did you ponder about what your life will be like? No?
      What does that even mean? That, because we did not exist before we existed, then we will not exist after we exist? That because we once (necessarily) did not care about existence, or rather non-existence, that we need not care about it now? That, when we did not exist, we didn't think about coming life, so now that we do exist, we should not ponder our death? That, because we didn't exist once, we are not permitted to exist again? Or maybe that because it at some point did not exist, our living consciousness is incapable of building something that might survive the death of its corporeal creator and vehicle? Or perhaps that because we once didn't exist, the nature of our current existence is irrelevant, no matter what we think? Or does it mean something else altogether?

      I don't know; I have a feeling it means nothing at all. It just sounds cool, like something a stoned college student would say at 3am, to the astonishment of his equally stoned buddies. Thinking that we did not exist before we were born and then attaching the obvious fact that, since we didn't exist, we could not care about that non-existence, seems absurd to me, and does nothing to sway or temper a current concern about death.

      Why should the fact that we didn't know or fear anything before we were born hold any sway at all about what we're thinking about now that we are born, have an identity, and perhaps might wonder bout what happens to us after death? It might sound pretty, or even logical, but it really means nothing.

      Also, let's say there is something after death, some form of survival of consciousness. Why would that survival be negated because we once did not exist?
      ThreeCat likes this.

    25. #25
      Oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>OneUp</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      1+ Every Night
      Gender
      Location
      Houston, Texas
      Posts
      689
      Likes
      826
      DJ Entries
      269
      Quote Originally Posted by LouaiB View Post
      Are you hearing yourself?! (Not trying to be rude)
      You just said that he is arrogant because he can't assume such things since we humans have no contact with the spiritual world and we never experienced it.

      OK, this is exactly what I think is unreasonable talk. Just reread your post, you said we humans never experience the spiritual world. Then how do you know it exists? How does anyone know that if no one experienced it?

      Clearly spirits are stories made up by past generations to explain a notion of an afterlife.

      Also I am perfectly happy, even when I know I will die and just vanish.

      I hope I didn't sound rude, I am not trying to be rude at all
      I was coming from the viewpoint of someone who DOESNT believe in spirits(Ezio). Wish you would have read my past replies, would've helped. When I said contact, I also meant we have very little or no scientific studies of the spiritual realm, and how it works in general, and even specifically.

      "If we doubted our fears instead of doubting our dreams, imagine how much in life we'd accomplish." ~Joel Brown
      "Your background and circumstances may have influenced who you are, but you are responsible for who you become." ~Darren Hardy


      Goals:
      -Become Lucid in every dream every night
      -Perfect the time dilation watch
      -Continue to have a dream plan for most of my lucid dreams

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •