• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 17 of 17
    1. #1
      Designated Cyberpunk Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      146

      AP sub forum proposition

      There are many, many threads on Astral Projection and OBEs. Because of this massive amount, I think AP/OBE deserves its own sub-forum of Beyond Dreaming itself. You know, a one-stop place where people can seek and gather information.
      Last edited by Black_Eagle; 10-23-2008 at 10:51 PM.
      Surrender your flesh. We demand it.

    2. #2
      Pirate Queen waterwitch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Gender
      Location
      yorkshire, england
      Posts
      24
      Likes
      0
      i agree, it gets my vote!

    3. #3
      reci's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      LD Count
      18
      Gender
      Location
      -
      Posts
      380
      Likes
      90
      Seconded.

    4. #4
      THE anime nub :D What??Me??'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Gender
      Location
      I don't know, but it's cold
      Posts
      281
      Likes
      14
      thirded-ed

      Quote Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
      So, that means you'll have boobs bigger then all of theirs combined? Because all of them have pretty big boobs
      Quote Originally Posted by Mario92 View Post
      Now that I'm done shrieking like a little girl, this sounds like fun.

    5. #5
      Nagual Vortex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Posts
      183
      Likes
      4
      I say yeah. Most AP forums have a LD sub-section so why not.

    6. #6
      Sleeping Dragon juroara's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Gender
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      3,865
      Likes
      1171
      DJ Entries
      144
      how about with some FAQ stickies so we can avoid the most common questions over and over again?

    7. #7
      섹시한 암컷 C911's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      LD Count
      Natural.
      Gender
      Location
      Wyoming
      Posts
      991
      Likes
      68
      Quote Originally Posted by juroara View Post
      how about with some FAQ stickies so we can avoid the most common questions over and over again?
      Definatly.

      SIG MADE BY KROMOH

      ****[Mario92] 2:59 am: I just dedicated my last bowel movement to Christ. Invoke that.

    8. #8
      DuB
      DuB is offline
      Distinct among snowflakes DuB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      2,399
      Likes
      358
      Why exactly do we need a sub forum for AP/OBE? I mean, discussions of AP/OBE already constitute the vast majority of the Beyond Dreaming forum, so you pretty much already know exactly where to look for threads of this nature. Is there some kind of problem with the Beyond Dreaming forum as it is?

      Also, since proponents of AP/OBE insist that it is distinct from lucid dreaming, why would we place a subforum devoted to AP/OBE in the on-topic section? Technically speaking, it would be off-topic by the very definition offered by its proponents. To create this subforum in the on topic section would be to take the stance that AP/OBE is fundamentally related to lucid dreaming - which may be what some people believe, but I don't think it's a direction that we want to take this website.

      I think it's best to leave things as they are.

    9. #9
      Designated Cyberpunk Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      146
      Quote Originally Posted by DuB View Post
      Why exactly do we need a sub forum for AP/OBE? I mean, discussions of AP/OBE already constitute the vast majority of the Beyond Dreaming forum, so you pretty much already know exactly where to look for threads of this nature. Is there some kind of problem with the Beyond Dreaming forum as it is?
      To keep commonly asked questions from being asked over and over and over again. I think if you look, you'll see that many of the same questions ARE being asked over and over and over again.

      Quote Originally Posted by DuB View Post
      Also, since proponents of AP/OBE insist that it is distinct from lucid dreaming, why would we place a subforum devoted to AP/OBE in the on-topic section? Technically speaking, it would be off-topic by the very definition offered by its proponents. To create this subforum in the on topic section would be to take the stance that AP/OBE is fundamentally related to lucid dreaming - which may be what some people believe, but I don't think it's a direction that we want to take this website.
      By that logic we need to move the Beyond Dreaming forum. Beyond dreaming means beyond dreaming. AP/OBE is beyond dreaming.
      Surrender your flesh. We demand it.

    10. #10
      DuB
      DuB is offline
      Distinct among snowflakes DuB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      2,399
      Likes
      358
      Quote Originally Posted by Black_Eagle View Post
      By that logic we need to move the Beyond Dreaming forum. Beyond dreaming means beyond dreaming. AP/OBE is beyond dreaming.
      Well, the title of the forum notwithstanding, the Beyond Dreaming forum is basically an umbrella forum for discussing many kinds of "paranormal" dream phenomena, many of which are more intrinsically related to dreaming (e.g., precognitive dreams, time dilation in dreams) than AP/OBE. This being the case, discussions of AP/OBE fit pretty neatly, despite being of questionable relation to dreaming per se. However, a forum dedicated entirely to AP/OBE which excluded discussions of more dream-related "paranormal" phenomena would probably not belong in the On Topic section of the site.

    11. #11
      Member Reality_is_a_Dream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Massachusetts, USA
      Posts
      1,204
      Likes
      1
      Sure, why not.

      By far, Mothra (in all of it's forms) is the worst kaiju of all time.

    12. #12
      Designated Cyberpunk Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      146
      Quote Originally Posted by DuB View Post
      Well, the title of the forum notwithstanding, the Beyond Dreaming forum is basically an umbrella forum for discussing many kinds of "paranormal" dream phenomena, many of which are more intrinsically related to dreaming (e.g., precognitive dreams, time dilation in dreams) than AP/OBE. This being the case, discussions of AP/OBE fit pretty neatly, despite being of questionable relation to dreaming per se. However, a forum dedicated entirely to AP/OBE which excluded discussions of more dream-related "paranormal" phenomena would probably not belong in the On Topic section of the site.
      Besides the argument that the topic doesn't match, you make absolutely no points in not having an AP/OBE sub-forum. I believe the title of this section is "Sleep AND Dreams." People AP/OBE when they sleep, correct? It makes perfect sense.
      Surrender your flesh. We demand it.

    13. #13
      Wanderer of boards
      Join Date
      Oct 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      200
      Likes
      0
      Maybe you should contact an admin instead of making up your own voting system here. I'm sure Wave will be happy to discuss the issue with anyone.
      Willing to talk about/listen to anything you have to say.

    14. #14
      Designated Cyberpunk Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Black_Eagle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Austin, Texas
      Posts
      2,440
      Likes
      146
      Quote Originally Posted by erik212 View Post
      Maybe you should contact an admin instead of making up your own voting system here. I'm sure Wave will be happy to discuss the issue with anyone.
      I did. They said they're currently working on re-organizing the forums and subforums. They said they would take the idea into consideration.
      Surrender your flesh. We demand it.

    15. #15
      Peaceful Warrior shinta66's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      in a alleyway
      Posts
      155
      Likes
      9
      Sounds good.
      [Cyclic13] 12:18 pm: to live your life in a breath
      [Cyclic13] 12:19 pm: breathing in is birth
      [Cyclic13] 12:19 pm: holding is growth
      [Cyclic13] 12:19 pm: and release death

    16. #16
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      1,342
      Likes
      4
      A waste of time, unless we make a psychic subforum too...and a ghost one. Also, can I have one about Akashic Records? What about aliens? ...are you even listening?

    17. #17
      Member Reality_is_a_Dream's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Massachusetts, USA
      Posts
      1,204
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Danciu View Post
      A waste of time, unless we make a psychic subforum too...and a ghost one. Also, can I have one about Akashic Records? What about aliens? ...are you even listening?
      Daniel, your imput never ceases to make me doubt the reliability of humanity.

      By far, Mothra (in all of it's forms) is the worst kaiju of all time.

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •