Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Clyde Machine's Dream Journal

http://bit.ly/GoToCME Clyde Machine's Avatar
      LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      Nineteenth Log, 1.28.10; 8:28AM Part 2 The Science Lab. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was caught in a science building with many many other people who not only worked there, but lived there. Somehow I knew that there was an alterior motive of the lab to be having us there, researching and testing liquids and chemicals. (I knew something strange was up, but didn't know what it was.) Before I knew of the chemical testing, I discovered that all of the rooms had multiple doors and screens, each with multiple latches, so if I were being followed by an official, I wouldn't be able to slip into a room to hide because I would be deterred just long enough to be seen entering the room. Each door was strategically placed relative to hallway corners and other rooms to ensure there was no chance of entering a room I wasn't supposed to without getting caught.

There was a particular room that had a giant bowl, connected with many clear plastic tubes to machines, filled with a chemical liquid that somehow I knew I wasn't supposed to know about (the performance enhancing solution I would learn about later), that I attempted to enter twice. Both times, I got my head in the door to see what was going on, and was driven out by those inside.

I later was working with others inside a testing room and saw fish in three separate tanks - in one, they were dead and laying at the bottom; in the next, they were incredibly lively and many in number; in the third, just behaving as usual fish do. Again, somehow I knew what was in each tank: in the last tank, water; the second tank, the aforementioned performance enhancer; in the first, an over-concentrated amount of the performance enhancer. This is when I knew it was dangerous and that the company was trying to keep something from us. I heard someone, a senior scientist, explaining to someone else that the chemicals would let a living person live "106 weeks" without a need to eat before the body would begin to deteriorate itself from the inside - eating itself, starting with the brain. I now knew something needed to be done. The first thing I thought of was doing parkour in the lab to mess things up, but decided against it. I woke before attempting to stop the production of the chemical.
      (So, I kind of succeeded!)
      Last edited by Clyde Machine; 01-28-2010 at 11:26 PM.
      DV Dictionary. / Verious: a definition. /

I'm not on DV much these days, but I'll try to toss a cool dream or two into my DJ.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      Nineteenth Log, 1.28.10; 10:11AM Part 3 Meeting Julia, Attempt 1. (DILD)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed there was a 5-gallon bucket just outside my front door, sitting off to the side, with water and ice in it. Pressing on a piece of ice transported me into a game where I controlled a small object hat flew around above various lands and water (all islands). I saw thousands of fish and sharks and other aquatic animals dancing and singing on the shores of a giant island labelled "Britain" that I got to by finding a secret ice block to push on the corner of one of the maps.

I was drawn out of the game when, standing in the cold wet snow in my farming overalls and boots. I looked into the distance and saw dad picking something up that had fallen out of the van while mom drove it through the garden, which was large and had made a lot of noise when it fell out. I went inside and suddenly didn't have my boots or overalls on anymore, but was putting them on. They were wet from being outside, and I went to my music room, it seemed to be to get a dry pair of boots.

As I was getting on my boots and walking back into my music room, I was thinking abotu what I was going to do and suddenly slipped in the thought
      "....and I am dreaming." I smiled and realized I was now lucid again. I kept calm, not wanting to lose lucidity. I was getting on my overalls and getting close to the front door, about to go outside when I started thinking that I didn't want to do that, now that I had control of my dream. I remembered the first lucid I had, I couldn't see well and said out loud that I wanted to see clearly, and the rest of the LD was clear to me. I said it out loud here too: a second passed, and I was able to clearly see the floor. (There was a newspaper on the floor, like in real life.) I recall feeling how real it was, how believable everything was. I blinked very slowly, afraid of accidentally opening my real life eyes like I'd heard of others doing.

I remembered Julia had asked me to go on an adventure with her sometime, and I decided to see her in my dream. I took off my boots and overalls, noticing everything was completely dry, when earlier they were wet from being outside, and imagined where I wanted to meet Julia at. I wanted to meet her out by where my dog is, near our woods, so we could have some privacy. (I knew that the first thing I'd do when I saw her was to kiss her and hold her close to me.) I imagined it being summertime outside, so it would be warm and comfortable for us outside, but before I could teleport or myself at that place where we would be able to get intimate together, I came out of the lucid dream and
      woke up in one quick motion. (No fading out, just went black and I woke up.)

I'm not on DV much these days, but I'll try to toss a cool dream or two into my DJ.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      20: 1.29.10; 9:17AM An Alley, a Zeppelin, and Shini. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was helping a man I knew find a box big enough to put what I understood to be a baby inside. We walked down a crowded alley in downtown Midland that isn't there in real life, with everything from lumber to clothes to cardboard boxes sitting atop shelves on either side of the alley. (Imagine crowded arabic markets, except nothing was colourful.) We stopped by where there were aquarium-like boxes and he tried putting one inside another, finding they weren't big enough for what he needed. I went up ahead looking for a box, finding no boxes anywhere.

I came out of the alley and found I was outside my garden, at the far side away from my house. There was a small zeppelin stationary in the air, with a staircase leading up to it. I saw a couple of my friends walking away from the zeppelin through the gardn and followed them to the picnic table on the hill next to the garden. Sitting there, I logged on my computer and was on deviantART when my friend Shinigami564, or just Shini, showed up at the table. I let him have the computer to show me something on dA, but before I handed it to him, I was talking to myself and wanted to see clearly - my trigger phrase for lucidity. I didn't actually get lucid, but had a kind of false awakening in which I was going to write about the experience on dA, but didn't get to, and let Shini have the computer. I woke up thereafter.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      21: 2.4.10; 5:30AM Meijer's Romp and Driving Drunk (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was romping about a Meijer's store looking for groups of people, mostly teenagers, who were all somehow a social outcast (facial defects, "goth" people, and what appeared to be geeks) for me to support, represent, and rally together, to bolster their self-esteem and stop others in the store from picking on them. It was a great feeling to be helping these people.

Later, I found myself driving on a backroad at night heading home, and I was clearly driving drunk. The truck was pretty unruly, and wasn't accelerating when I needed it to. Eventually I came to a stop in an unfamiliar territory and made my way back to the road on foot, only to return to the truck to lock it up. Shortly thereafter, I was somehow back at home. I was excited that I'd made it safely home, but my dad was angered that when I'd returned home, I was being too loud. This angered and frustrated me, that he had no idea that I was just in a situation minutes ago where I could have gotten into an accident, but I simply went back to my room and opened my laptop. I woke up thereafter.

<I was able to recall five or six dreams tonight, but only chose to log this one.> Key points from those other dreams: Watching Steve Vai play a giant bass, then a balalaika. Finding out Steve Vai uses .30 gauge guitar strings. I was arguing once again with my sister Sarah.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      22: 2.5.10; 7:50AM Part 1: Reconstructing a Guitar. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I had a peculiar dream that began with me helping a teacher drive while she had a drink, and after parking the car (with some other students in the back), she secretly asked me to take her side against the students as they were in conflict with one another. When she left, the students approached me to get me to be on their side, so I avoided saying anything that would make me committed to either side.

One of the students came over to me with a very odd guitar, one constructed to have a very bent neck, yet still be playable. She asked me for help in "sawing" it so she could change the design. I advised against any drastic modifications, then asked what it was she wanted to do with it. She said she wanted to add some "Stockman" designs to it, which I understood to mean she wanted to add Baxter Stockman stickers to the guitar from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I understood she wanted to add some stickers of the turtles as well, so I told her to just get some stickers and put them on it, to avoid reconstructing the instrument. I woke thereafter.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      22: 2.5.10; 9:25AM Part 2: Left a Funeral Early (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was assisting a funeral at a funeral home with numerous other teenagers. I was the last to find a suit coat from the back room to wear (even though we all where already wearing nice clothes), and offered to one of the girls who seemed to be the most knowledgable and experienced of all of us to take my seat during the funeral proceedings. For whatever reason, I took that opportunity to leave, hop in my dad's truck, and drive off.

I found myself driving on a very rough-looking road, dark red like the rocks of Colorado, which looked like it had been cut out of the ground by an earthquake. It was raised a few feet off the rest of the ground, which was as red and rocky as the road, yet still smooth and even. I looked off to the left, the later-afternoon sun hanging in the sky, and felt the desire to take a photo of the landscape and sky. I pulled off the road and locked up the truck, and started back, now on a scooter. The scooter wasn't greatly fast, and I had driven a good ways up the road from my photo-op spot. When I at last reached the place, I drove off the road and into the barren field and hopped off the scooter, letting it fall carelessly to the ground, and saw some cars pass on the road before I woke up.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      23: 2.6.10; 8:29AM Starting a Gang. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was following some guys to a school either with the intent to start a group/organization/gang with them or to attack them somehow. Upon arrival at the school I showed up to where they stood (which for a moment turned into a field with a stream running through it), and to start an initiation ritual, I was to pee in said stream. I was cool with doing it, but the environment turned into the cafeteria of the school, and we went to get a table. I started talking to a bigger, short guy from the group, and I wasn't convinced he understood what I was looking for in a group. I started firing off questions at him like a madman, all of them putting him in a situation in which he was going to be given something that he wanted, then having it taken away from him by someone, the question then being how he felt or would react toward that person. When he displayed his anger, I told him that that's what I was talking about - the aggressive and violent mindset I had put him in by cornering him and questioning him like that. Once he was on board with me, we walked through the cafeteria, me looking for the stream, and I dreamed woke up.

Upon "waking", I reached for my dream journal and began scribbling the dream down into it, but when I went to read it, I woke up for real,
      finding it was a short false awakening.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      24: 2.9.10; 4:21PM Math Teachers. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was sitting in a desk in a math class with my math teacher from my junior year at high school. Every time I was handed back a paper, I grabbed it and was somehow able to access a screen just from holding it, frantically yet excitedly looking for my dream journal. In the class (as a student) was my sophomore year math teacher, who began picking on the teacher, saying there was no hair on his chest. I woke up shortly thereafter.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      25: 2.10.10; 9:51AM Trying to Record Myself Asleep. (DILD)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed that I was being driven home from Las Vegas, hoping to play my instruments when I got there, as I hadn't had a chance to play them while away. When I was sitting there in the passenger seat behind the driver, I was talking and at one point realized I was in a dream, but didn't want to mess it up, so I didn't do anything to risk losing the dreamstate. I wanted to know if I could pull out my phone in the dream and record myself on it, in the hopes of doing the same thing in real life, so I might hear myself speak while asleep. I put my left hand on my right pocket to pull out my phone, but started feeling like I was losing the dream. I closed my dream eyes and opened them again, but had gone back from a lucid dream to a regular one without knowing it.

I was back at my house, unloading my music equipment with a strong feeling that I hadn't been home in a very long time. I noticed a band playing next to the van and started searching for one of my guitars to play along. I found a guitar, but didn't get it out, wanting to finish unpacking. I woke up thereafter.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      26: 2.11.10; 8:14AM DMC+Sin City. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamt I was within a Devil May Cry-style game, but with a visual influence and a few character personalities that resembled Sin City. I recall talking to a woman who had an abusive boyfriend, and asking her to take me to him to fight him. She felt she was being watched, so she couldn't just tell me where he was, so she led me to him. We went from the streets to a building with red carpet, going in through a back way. We came across a man who I couldn't see that knew her boyfriend. She began asking where he was, but disappeared where she stood. I acquired a cross on a necklace from the man shortly after a message appeared saying I was supposed to be helping the woman, and had failed the mission. I turned to go find her on the streets again to restart the mission, but woke up.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      27: 2.12.10; 9:34AM Riding with A Skylit Drive. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I had yet another dream where I was with the band A Skylit Drive, this time I was riding in a car with them on the freeway, being followed by a police car. Since I was sitting in the seat behind the driver, having no driving responsibilities, I stuck my head out the window and began singing one of their songs - somehow it seemed appropriate to sing "listen to my story / this may be our last chance / 'cause people die / and people dance" as loud as I could. Gripping my fedora hard to my head, I kept singing while the one driving took us down the wrong way on the freeway, into the opposite lane. Luckily there were no cars coming, except another police car. We pulled over, and I stepped out, setting my hat on the roof of the car and standing with a very firm and powerful stance. One of the others in the car got out and approached the officer, who patted him down, and, after finding nothing on him, let us go. I woke thereafter.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      28: 2.15.10; 3:37AM A Conscious Environment Change. (DILD)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamt I was in a room talking with several couples, all sitting down together on the floor, wishing them all a happy Valentine's Day and talking to a girl about Julia. I realized I was late for class and had to hurry out to the parking lot and to my dad's truck, now finding myself in the Meijer's store. I grabbed my hoodie from a checkout I'd left it at and found the truck outside, parked up close. After getting in and pulling out my headphones, I noticed my friend Boris (Shini from an earlier dream) was outside my passenger window, asking me to buy him a new headlight and blinker. I found a way to politely turn him down and made my way out to the main road.

Getting onto the road, I looked immediately for the speed limit: it was 35, and my speedometer read 55. I cut back to 35 quickly, though I was very late for class (about 40 minutes that I recall). Rushing down the 35mph road, I noted how hard it was for me to see other cars around me when I went to switch lanes. When I got myself into a lane safely and was driving alright,
      I once again realized I was in a dream and found myself saying out loud that I was dreaming, though this time the fact that I was late for college was the unreal fact that made me draw my conclusion. Immediately I wanted to express some kind of fighting ability, but didn't want to get out of the truck. Instead, I chose to change the environment. It was hard to do, and I knew it, but nonetheless I turned my head to the left and then back to the road, closing and opening my eyes slowly and gently as I did so, so I wouldn't accidentally wake up, and hoped the world turned into a nighttime driving scene in a different, fictional city instead of Midland. It didn't change the environment when I looked away and back, but what happened instead was my mind created a little white ball, up and to the left of my vision, and kind of threw it at my windshield, expanding across it and changing my environment like it were a TV screen.

After a transition into a short part of the dream in which I was in a Family Guy musical, I started to come out of sleep, and "agreed" non-verbally to wake up from the dream.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      29: 2.18.10; 8:12AM Dad Sure Knows How to Use a Gun. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I had a dream that a guy by the name of Billy the Kid was in a standoff with my little sister, in which they both were crouched behind low walls and had high-caliber pistols. I understood him to be a mass murderer or some serial killer, and knew the situation was very serious. Emily talked to him, buying us time, while I crept along the wall down to its far end, with the idea that I would be able to get a shot at him without him seeing me. When I got there, I had my gun ready to go, and took aim, but say that my dad was next to him, about to attack him after having snuck up on him. Billy had turned away from us, which gave my dad the perfect opportunity to pistol whip him in the back of the head, dropping him right to the ground. We all started screaming and shouting excitedly, me firing off a few rounds into the air. I ran towards my dad to get a better look at Billy, and considered shooting him just to make sure he wasn't coming back, but woke up before I reached him.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      30: 2.19.10; 7:30AM Cactus Plant does 73 Damage! (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

After a WILD attempt, I was able to construct and slip into a dream where I was standing in my garden and had generated a cactus plant in front of me, which I tried to make water shoot out the top of. I focused and made bubbles shoot out. I focused again, and got even more bubbles. I focused harder, and water shot out of each branch of the cactus plant. Everything started to appear as though I were in a game: damage values appeared, and after a transition, I was looking at a game menu that had a red talon icon for an attack, whose damage was a very high value (over 1 trillion). I woke up before getting to battle anything.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      31: 2.20.10; 5:48AM Part 1: B4k4's EP Release Party. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was being led through a small, dark, unfamiliar apartment by my friend Aaron (better known as B4k4). The place was full of people I recognized from real life, and I recognized that a bunch were in mine and Aaron's band (such band doesn't exist in real life). Aaron went to talk to the drummer, who was reviewing B4k4's EP, titled "Ninja'd". After a few minutes of talking, he walked over to a couch and kind of leaned against it. Next to him was a table, on which Brian Brushwood was writing something. He went and sat down in a chair next to the couch, so I walked over with an arrogant swagger, which I assumed was necessary given that everyone else in the room were pretty cool people. This got B4k4 laughing. When I sat down, I found that Brushwood had apparently taken one of my pens and was using it. When I sat down, he handed it back to me, smiling. I told him that if he wanted to use it he could, but he already had another in his hand. Taking it, I recapped it and said in a funny voice, "Brian Brushwood uses my pens," as if I was going to update my Twitter with that statement. I woke up thereafter.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      31: 2.20.10; 7:19AM Part 2: The Museum (DILD)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was in a museum with my sweetheart, Julia. However, she didn't look like herself; she resembled my sister Sarah. (This would not stand during the lucid part, let me tell you!) Some people that she knew or was related to were there, including a few suspicious looking guys. I had left her for a while to do something outside the front doors of the museum, but when I got there I just went right back in. After going through two sets of great-sized doors and thanking a woman who held one for me, saying in a very dark tone "thank you, madam," I found one of those suspicious looking men standing very close to Julia. I came up from behind her, a little between her and him, and said in a very low, tough voice, "Hey," putting my arm around her waist. The man walked off, and we walked in another direction. She turned her face to me and gave a look of approval - I know in real life she likes me protecting her like a tough guy, so this was a plus for me.

We passed a beautiful mosaic bird going into a large room of mosaics and statues. On the far wall was a giant mosaic piece spelling a word like "Icqcc". (I was able to pronounce it in the dream, I believe.) The longer I watched it, the more pronounced each letter became, almost like they were changing.

We turned a corner and found yet another amazingly large room, with chairs sitting unorganized all over for museum goers to use. There were quite a few people walking about in the museum, like you'd expect there to be in real life. Passing people and some seats, I noticed that I was having trouble seeing clearly, and wanted to walk a little faster - I felt like I had increased air resistance when I ran, and it was frustrating.
      I knew I was lucid before I felt it, but ensured I was before doing anything else. I recall saying that I wanted to see clearly and to walk a little faster, and getting my wish - I could see clearly, and I didn't have any more bouts of slow walking.

Following Julia, she still very vividly looked like Sarah. I was incredibly eager and excited to tell her I was dreaming, and thought about the possibility of having some connection to her while she was in the dream world too, like a shared dream. However, there was no way I could tell her so while she didn't look like herself. I tapped her on the back and said, "Babe? Hey, babe?" to get her attention, but knew I couldn't tell her; I had to change her to be like the real Julia. I pictured Julia's face in my mind while we walked, but I didn't think she would look like herself if I didn't close my eyes. Not wanting to mess anything up, I went over to a green loveseat, sat on one end, closed my eyes, and pictured Julia's smiling face, vividly. I suddenly felt that I was about to open my eyes in the real world, and knew that I didn't know any other way to save the lucid once I was at that point, because opening my eyes meant waking. Either way, I waited a bit, and opened my eyes,
      waking.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      32: 2.21.10; 7:37AM Abbey Road Photo Op with Vlad Dolezal. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed that Vlad Dolezal paid me a visit at my house in the early morning hours to ask me if I wanted to go to California with some of his friends to recreate the Beatles' Abbey Road photo. I didn't exactly agree, because while I thought it would be a really cool opportunity, I knew that my dad would never stand for it. I didn't vocalize any of my thoughts, and watched Vlad walk out to my living room to talk to my dad about it. A few seconds later, my dad hopped in his truck to start it up, and I went outside to see what was going on. Vlad's friends started coming into the house, one of them apologizing to me. I asked someone if dad even knew where this photo was going to be took, because it seemed as though he'd just blown up about it or something, causing them all to leave the truck and come inside, and for the apology to take place. I went outside to find my dad standing in front of the truck, headlights on, waiting for me. Other people were standing around, people who I didn't know, and I noticed Julia pacing and talking to someone a long ways away - from what I could see, she was angry at my dad for doing whatever he'd done. After talking with dad, his problem seemed to be with that one night a long time ago, I'd been playing my music late at night when he'd asked me not to. (This hasn't happened in real life.) I didn't understand how this had anything to do with the photo, but somehow got close to a resolving point with him. I turned to go talk to Julia, but she was sitting among a group of people, and my dream transitioned before I could walk over to her. The following dream was short, and when it ended, I woke up.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      33: 2.22.10; 4:35AM Argument? (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was in an extremely heated argument with Paul over how often I spoke on the phone with Julia (from what I could tell), to which he said that we had agreed to read logs of each others' dreams, but that mine wasn't detailed enough. Just before the argument, Julia had pulled up in Sarah's car and I quit hanging out with the band to go talk with her, which appeared to be what started the argument in the first place.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      34: 2.23.10; 12:00PM On Demonoid. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I had several short dreams today, and one very lengthy one. It began with me on the roof of my mom's house, tossing things down to people on the ground, which was some sort of game. I tried tossing a particular white circular object, which the wind picked up and simply wouldn't let it fall to the ground, or even leave the roof. Sarah was able to run up the side of the house and climb to the roof, grabbing the object and running off the edge of the roof, landing cleanly on her feet. Seeing her jump painlessly off the roof made me suddenly scared of heights and of the wind pushing me off the roof, which made me incapable of throwing anything else down to the people on the ground.

The dream transitioned, moving me to where my dog Lucky is kept, with Julia. I didn't see Lucky there, but used his area as a place to play with some giant Beyblade tops. I was talking with Julia the entire time, setting up the tops and getting ready to try getting some spinning. I wasn't able to get them to spin, since they were all sitting on soft ground.

The dream transitioned once more, taking me and Julia to the basement of her house, me finding myself on Demonoid.com. I don't know what Julia was doing on the computer next to me, but I searched Demonoid for bedtime stories, finding only one result titled "Unknown Letter," which Julia said something about when she saw it - I believe she said she'd read it, but I don't recall it very clearly. Having nothing else to search for, I searched the term "demon," finding no results. Julia then asked me if I'd be done soon, to which I told her I was just looking around aimlessly. I leaned back in my chair and covered my eyes with my hands, and heard Julia say she wanted me to hurry up and finish so she could go to Google. I woke up thereafter.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      35: 2.25.10; 8:30AM Non-lucid Lucid Dream: TotM and Portal Gun. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I had a very conscious (yet, non-lucid) dream that I was running around in a field when I thought of DV's Task of the Month - to check for my shadow in the sunlight. I looked next to me while I ran, the sun shining brightly everywhere, and saw a wildly-formed shadow next to me. I suddenly appeared in my house and thought of my other lucid goals, thinking of the Portal gun. I tried imagining two portals at walls and tried stepping through the orange one. I don't believe it worked correctly, so I tried to imagine the gun lying on a stack of books, so I could pick it up and try again. The gun didn't appear before I woke up.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      36: 2.26.10; 8:00AM Graduation Ceremony. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was with some relatives in my mom's basement. There were two men that were at odds with one another, and a third who, though I talked to him, wouldn't interfere because he enjoyed conflict. The third guy had a computer and showed me a video of someone on a quad runner falling/tumbling down a hill in autumn.

This reminded me of a dream I'd had earlier this night where I had just left the graduation ceremony of one high school to attend the ceremony of the rival school's graduation. Everyone either had long blue robes or shimmering dark red, long-sleeve shirts with yellow ties and black pants.
      (Think of Gryffindor colours.) I ran down the main aisle of the room to get to the back where I would stand and watch the proceedings. Others who stood in the back, also wearing the Gryffindor-coloured outfits, were heckling someone in the graduating class, telling him to "freeze" so he'd get nervous.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      37: 2.27.10; 9:35AM The Demon's Spellcasting Book. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I'd received from Julia an encyclopedia-like book, red in colour, that was on spellcasting for demons and demon-like beasts, which I was reading with the intent to learn how to cast such spells. The cover featured a kind of mosaic-style drawing of a demon casting a spell with his hands, and the same picture showed up within the pages of the book. I don't recall if I got a chance to try any spellcasting for myself.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      38: 2.28.10; 8:06AM Part 1: Successfully Tells a DC, "I'm Dreaming." (DILD)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was driving my dad's truck in the woods, rather haphazardly, stopping it a little too close to a few small trees. I'd run into them with the driver's side headlight and was worried I'd damaged the truck, getting out to check it. I didn't get to check it, finding out that three of the members from A Skylit Drive were riding bikes through some serious wet mud, getting themselves covered in it. I laughed at the singer, Jag, for getting it in his long, light-coloured hair. (Incorrect colour: in real life it's red but I dreamed it blonde-red.) He got off his bike, laughing, and began chasing me to throw some mud on me. I started giving a serious run to escape, but after running a yard or two he started hitting me with pinecones. I turned and saw him heading off toward the same place we'd just came from, but instead there were giant logs laying around that they were walking around and climbing on. I ran toward them and started doing a little parkour to vault over them, even doing a double monkey vault over two of them. I noticed I was really slow when I vaulted; every time I punched with my feet and my body hit the air, I slowly flowed through the air to my landing point. One of the guys from the band asked about me doing parkour, and I said that I couldn't keep with it, lacking the constant dedication to keeping with the discipline regularly.

I turned while crawling along the logs and saw that we were on the top of a giant, snow-covered hill, next to a steeply sloped path. The band members were off to the side of the path, not busy with anything I could see. I crawled around on the logs and one slipped, starting to slide fast down the path. The giant log continued to slide until it reached the bottom - crossing a perpendicular road and stopping with the end sticking up from the other side of the road. Seeing that the log wasn't blocking the road, I figured there wasn't anything to worry about.

I was no longer at the top of the hill, now a ways down the sloped path. While down on the sloped path, I started singing "Pts.Of.Athrty" by Linkin Park, and walked back up to the top of the hill. Once there, I was still singing, and noticed a guy I knew from real life, Adam,
      and at this time went lucid. At first I wasn't totally sure I went lucid, but after a moment just felt sure. The first thing I did was start talking to him, and said, "Adam? Listen to me. I am dreaming right now." I hoped by mentioning it to him he might become lucid in his dreamworld too, possibly starting a shared dream. I was also curious to know how someone in my dreamworld would react to being told that I myself was dreaming while standing right in front of them.

He acknowledged what I'd said, and said that we could go on a quest. He started off by saying, "And the quest is....", and waited a moment before saying something about dancing with his mother. I started looking around the nightfallen (what appeared to be a) camp area and thought about what I wanted to do with the lucid dream. I knew in the dream it was late to do DV's task of the month, but was willing to give it a short. I thought about another dream I'd had about the task, and pictured the sunlit ground, and my odd shadow upon it. Before I could do the task here,
      I was woken by an external noise.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      38: 2.28.10; 9:50AM Part 2: Copper. (DILD)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I had just left my house after finding it grotesquely infested with bugs, and I had found myself riding in my mom's van, pulling up to the house as if I were just arriving home. Stepping out of the van, I noticed my dog Copper was barking happily and had run up to the van to greet me when I opened the door. I reached down to pet his head and went lucid when I remembered that we had given Copper away last year in real life. Lucid once more, I stood next to the van to attempt DV's task of the month again. I asked Copper to go behind me and bark at my shadow. I kept saying it over and over, "Go bark at my shadow, go bark at my shadow!", and tried leading him behind me by his collar. I felt like I might lost the dream, but I was determined this time not to be interrupted while lucid like earlier this morning. I didn't stop talking to Copper, and looked at the ground below me looking for traces of sunlight. The sun started shining a little from the opposite side of the van, but not enough to give me a shadow. The sunlight seemed to then get strong and bright and had come from behind me, giving me a very distinct shadow or myself right in front of me.

I felt my dad's presence somewhere in front of the van, along with someone else, but I wanted control of the dream, and to start on a long-standing lucid goal of mine; to go on an adventure with Julia. I turned around 180 degrees and put my fist up in the air, releasing it like casting a spell in the game Oblivion, and made everything change instantly. There was no one around me, just the van and my hand, woods, house, and our dog Goldie. The sun hung in the sky with a slight orange glow, shining through the tall, leafless trees, and gave me a strong sense of adventure. The vision disappeared as the dream started to destabilize, and I woke up.

LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      39: 3.2.10; 5:00PM Part 1: Survivors. (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I dreamed I was involved in some sort of crash and was looking for survivors. The dream was very fragmented, so I only recall a couple images: one was of snow with many bodies and debris lying about, and the other was of a survivor I'd found, but they are very vague.
      Last edited by Clyde Machine; 03-06-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast