• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By <span class='glow_FF1493'>Cacophony</span>

Thread: Ruba's Dazzling Dream Diary

DJ Entries

Ruba's Dream Journal

Click here if you don't wanna miss a thing

I'll try to post at least one dream a day, unless I've had no recall or the dream(s) was/were so boring that you'd rather watch an old lady knit a pair of socks

Favorite dreams
      • [action] Hell yeah, Lucidity The dream in which I had a gunfight with Quaritch and was lucid for a second.
      • [exploration] "Clarity!!" My first WILD... Starting at an "empty" place, visiting Pandora, attempting TOTM..
      I'll put everything as clear as possible so you can enjoy reading them without getting headache

I use DreamJournal 2.5 so there will be no difficulty figuring out where a new dream starts.

Dream genre banners available here NAO.
      Last edited by ruba; 02-28-2010 at 03:05 PM.

DJ Entries
      Since I still had 2 dreams placed in other topics, I'll also put them in my journal.

First lucid
      (DILD)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I was on a cruise-ship, which was probably form Chinese origin (dunno why) and it was kinda like we were locked there with hundreds of people and we were in some kind of concentration camp.
      Then I suddenly woke up, but not in my own bed, or even in my own house. I was in China, next to a swimming pool, which belong to a local restaurant there. I realized I had to get myself an airplane ticket to the Netherlands. So I started to ask DC's for the closest airport, but they weren't able to talk English, only Chinese.
      "This isn't working, I have to find someone else to ask. Well, at least I'm not dreaming anymore. or... am I.?" So I did the nose-RC , and the air seemed to flow through my face. So I must be dreaming, I thought.
      Since I've been on DV for only 2 weeks or so, and didn't expect to have a lucid dream so quick, I totally didn't know what to do, and also, I didn't have any ideas of what to do. The first thing I could think of was:
      Fly. I tried to fly, even though it didn't go very well. I didn't rise any higher than about 3 feet. Next thing that came to my mind: "I have to get home". So I visualised the street were I live and went there. My father and brother were also there, so we went flying together. One time I did get higher up, when I tried to reach for the roof of our house. But I immediately felt back down.
      ----------------
      lost lucidity here
      ----------------

I was inside a café which was unknown to me. 2 of my friends were there, too. We were trying to fly , but we bumped into the tables and chairs.

I was very lucky that I did the RC, just because the storyline of my dream made me do so.
      I'm making up a list of things so the next time I get a LD, I have plenty of things to do and try.

Ratings: Sight 5/10 | Hearing 1/10 | Touch N/A | Smell N/A | Taste N/A
      Overall vividness 3/10 | "Spectecularity" 4/10
      Last edited by ruba; 02-27-2010 at 02:54 PM.

DJ Entries
      Hell yeah, lucidity (DILD)

The dream in which I had a gunfight with Quaritch and was lucid for a second.

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I woke up at 7, went to the bath room, and went back to bed (primetime )

I was actually Norm Spellman, not Jake, and I can confirm by that fact that I was on the Na'vi side, and there was another guy in a wheelchair, so that only leaves the possibility of me being Norm.

We were walking away from the mobile basis where the Avatar machines were. Suddenly, I said, "we have to settle this once and for all". So I changed my way back to the basis, and Jake catched up with me in his wheelchair.
      We were also being followed by Colonel Miles Quaritch

Once we were inside the basis, Jake was busy preparing the devices, while I guarded the entrance (I know Quaritch would come in). In my hand, I held some kind of hand gun, but the handle looked like a bicycle pump. I swapped it from my left to my right hand, and "aimed down my sight" (lol). I saw Quaritch approaching through the door which I had left open just a little bit. I tried to shoot through the crack, but it was very hard, since I had both my eyes open, and then you get to see things double.
      Colonel Quaritch opened the door and came in. We had a pretty intense gunfight, and it all looked very vivid.

That's what the gun looked like

Suddenly I came to the conclusions that whenever a bullet from Quaritch's gun hit me, it didn't hurt, so I did a mental RC, since pinching my nose would've been a very bad idea during a gunfight "Where have I been for the past 10 minutes? Pandora. Pandora? " I realized I was dreaming "Hell yeah, lucidity!"
      The idea was so intense and overwhelming (unlike in my first LD) that I immediately lost lucidity.
      This is the last thing I saw before waking up:

There I was, laying in my bed, perfectly remembering the last gunfight.
      I glanced at my alarm clock. 10 AM. I also recalled 2 other dreams throughout the remainder of the day, but they are really unimportant.
      Damn, I almost had an LD on Pandora (am i now officially an avatard? )
      For sure, this is the best dream I ever had concerning vividness.

Note about my first LD and this one: The recall of my first LD consisted of scenery, ideas, and emotions. (I was in a swimming pool-like places, where a female DC said to me that I couldn't get an airplane ticket)
      But in this one there were really vivid visuals

Ratings: Sight 8/10 | Hearing 4/10 | Touch 2/10 | Smell N/A | Taste N/A
      Overall vividness 7/10 | "Spectecularity" 8/10
      Last edited by ruba; 02-28-2010 at 03:03 PM.

DJ Entries

Carting down the hill

Carting down the hill (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

We (the entire class) were in school, waiting for the teacher to allow us into the classroom. I was showing off my cell phone (although I already have it for about 3 months).
      When my classmate wanted to grab my phone out of my hand, I accidentally pushed a button which made the gadget screen `zoom out´ (not possible IRL) Then my cousin (who's also on my school) walked by.
      *bad recall* I came back to the place were everyone was waiting, and they were saying random words that don't exist but made perfect sense in the dream. I asked them why they were using those words.
      From this point everything starts at a total other place, I don't know whether it was still the same dream (I suppose so)

This is where the fun part starts!!

We were riding down the hill on these kind of things. Apparently my brakes were broken but I was still holding "it" in my hand. All the people from my class room were thanking the teacher that he had put signs along the road, reading "Caution, you need to brake!" Since I held my brake in my hand, I just held it against the ground to brake. If your brakes weren't broken, you had to brake with your feet.
      When we were at the bottom, there was a bump in the road (to prevent people from driving too fast) But I was going at such a high speed, that it functioned as a ramp, which shot me 3 feet into the air. After that, we were just driving on a straight road, and I catched up with a classmate to show him the zoom-out and -in functionality I had discovered on my phone.

Sight: 7/10 | Hearing: 5/10 | Touch: 4/10 | Smell: N/A | Taste: N/A
      Overall vividness: 6/10 | "Spectecularity" 6.5/10
      Last edited by ruba; 02-26-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Banned
      Nowhere
      DJ Entries
      You have a very nice DJ here. Love the banner. Interesting dreams too!

can haz dv Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>Cacophony</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      [Statistic]
      The cupboard under the stairs
      DJ Entries
      Excellent dream journal! I'm excited to read more about your dreams, keep it up!

"...and we want punks in the palace, 'cos punks got the loveliest dreams..." - A Silver Mt. Zion
      It was the best of times. It was the end of times.

DJ Entries
      Thanks

DJ Entries
      Awesome, and how awesome would a lucid dream on Pandora be?! Cool stuff dude, hope you get to have another Avatar dream! ^^

DJ Entries
      From my DJ (Notes can't be published):

I wanted to use the I-Doser "Lucid Dream"
      So I went to bed, turned on my MP3 player. After 10 minutes I was getting irritated by the noise etc. So I put it off.
      I could absolutely not fall asleep within the next 2 hours.
      Eventually I did fall asleep, but when I woke up, I didn't recall a single thing.
      (perhaps I had converted "cocaine" to MP3 instead of "lucid dream" )

Maybe I was overexcited *wow, I might get a very intense and vivid LD, would be a great entry for my journal!*

Seriously, what's wrong with me :S

Guess I'll post a dream from yesterday

edit:
      Damn, I just figured I had an insanely long dream tonight (i tend to say this is because of i-doser, but the effect could never have lasted for such a long time) , I don't remember much of it, but it's a good motivation for me.
      Schoolcamp (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

We had a schoolcamp inside an enormous building. I figured it was some kind of hotel. I spent the entire time with O (and we definitely did all kinds of things, I just can't seem to remember them), untill the point were we had to make groups (which was also the group with which you slept in one room). C, N, B and I made an appointment that we would go together in a group. So I asked O where they were, and apparently they were gone to town. For some reason I felt I had to wait for them to come back (even though you could just sign up you and your group with a form)

* fragments of me running through the hotel *

Sight: 6/10 | Hearing: 4/10 | Touch: N/A | Smell: N/A | Taste: N/A
      Overall vividness: 5/10 | "spectacularity" 2/10
      Oh, and I also had some kind of stupid false awakening
      False Awakening (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I wake up in my room, and just when I open a drawer to put something back, which originally was in the wrong place, the dream fades

Sight: 7/10 | Hearing: N/A | Touch: 4/10 | Smell: N/A | Taste: N/A
      Overall vividness: 6/10 | "spectacularity" 1/10
      Last edited by ruba; 02-28-2010 at 12:30 AM.

can haz dv Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>Cacophony</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      [Statistic]
      The cupboard under the stairs
      DJ Entries
      Yeah, binaural beats can be pretty annoying. However, a nice try!

I would also suggest playing the doses through the i-doser program. I think there's something to do with the way that the sounds come through each headphone speaker doesn't translate quiet as well in mp3 form. Also, you can sit at your computer and lean back, close your eyes and then go to sleep afterward. I don't think it's necessary to fall asleep during the listening process.

In the past, I've found it relatively helpful to count down from 100 or something, keep doing it. Concentrate on that, while also concentrating on the beats.

Lovely dream journal!
      ruba likes this.

"...and we want punks in the palace, 'cos punks got the loveliest dreams..." - A Silver Mt. Zion
      It was the best of times. It was the end of times.

DJ Entries
      Alright thanks However I don't think you're meant to fall asleep during the dose

This is what the official i-Doser description says:

Spoiler for i-Doser: Lucid Dream:

Anyways, I'm pretty excited and happy, because this morning I've had my first WILD It involved some false awakenings, but I don't really care because I can have more WILDs from now on
      "Clarity!!" (WILD)

My first WILD... Starting at an "empty" place, visiting Pandora, attempting TOTM..

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

This is fucking great. I was so scared of SP etc. but this morning I unintentionally ended up WILDing
      I woke up at 9, but I couldn't fall asleep again. I didn't like this, but it turned out to be a very good thing.
      I was laying on my stomach (I don't ever sleep on my stomach) When all of a sudden my body started to vibrate pretty intense, I thought "wtf?" but after a second I realized "This is SP, I just have to relax" So I relaxed my entire body. Literally after a second, the vibrations stopped. Noo.. And suddenly,
      I was standing in a empty, white place (perfect place to spawn & destruct things )
      It was kinda Sci-Fi-ish. I could see a city from where I was.
      Meanwhile I hadn't lost consciousness for a moment. I could think perfectly clear. Immediately, I remembered I had to yell "Clarity" to make things more vivid and stable. That's the first thing I did. I yelled it about 4x and each time the sound got clearer. There was not much sight to improve, but it just became more vivid. I think the dream was pretty stable at this point. I fucking forgot to rub my hands But yeah, I wont forget that next time ;d Next best thing that came to my mind was "Fly an Ikran"

False awakening

I was on my stomach, in my bed, and although my room was completely different (at least, the things I normally don't look at), I didn't notice it was a false awakening. I tilted my head upwards and said "Maybe I can get back into my dream".
      So I layed my head on the cushion, and
      the next thing I knew I was on an Ikran, flying over Pandora.

Flying the Ikran
      I thought "Wow, that's pretty cool, I can get out and get in of my LD at any time"

This is, of course, not possible since the FA was still inside my dream

It was not very vivid, so I think I'll have to make myself more familiar with how Pandora looks. After a few seconds of blurry Ikran-riding, I remembered the easy TOTM (go to the sun and see whether you have a shadow). I thought, "First I'll have to look whether I have a shadow at all, but I also need something to get myself to the sun"
      Apparently, I can't just land on Pandora, look whether I have a shadow and then fly to the sun on the Ikran/ Teleport myself there. I'm too stupid in my dreams.

Another false awakening

I looked up, and there were letters on my bed, saying "Adventure..." there were more letters, but they were teared off (somewhat like if it were stickers). I now also noticed everything was in the wrong position. But damn, I was stupid. I thought it was normal and I went downstairs to ask my dad whether he put the things in different places.

I think I'm quite lucky with the not-so-intense intensity of SP

Sight: 7/10 | Hearing: 8/10 | Touch: N/A | Smell: N/A | Taste: N/A
      Overall vividness: 8/10 | Spectacular: 7/10 since it's my first WILD!!
      Note: During the False awakenings, I wasn't lucid but I did have control.

Hmm.. Im thinking about changing my rating system,, because Stability and Control are important too
      Last edited by ruba; 05-15-2010 at 09:12 PM.

DJ Entries
      Nice!!! That's awesome that it was Pandora again! and it was lucid as well. Sweet.

DJ Entries
      Bad recall tonight. Due to the fact that I went to sleep at 3AM and got up at 8AM. Although I do remember myself talking about LD'ing and the DV community to a friend (which I never do IRL)
      My holiday is officially over, tomorrow I'll be going to school again , so I hope it brings lots of new topics to dream about. (although it's bad for my LD count because during the break and in weekends, there's a lot more time to experiment with WBTB, WILD, etc.
      However, to keep this journal alive;
      Grandma's residence (Non-lucid)

NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I and my family were going to visit my grandmother. She lived in a little shed, in a dark alley. The entire way to the alley I had that feeling that I needed to play a certain song on the piano. So when we finally were in that alley, I opened a random door, and there was a piano behind the door.
      *dream ends here*

Sight: 5/10 | Hearing: N/A | Touch: N/A | Smell: N/A | Taste: N/A
      Overall vividness: 3/10 | "spectecularity" 1/10
      Last edited by ruba; 02-28-2010 at 02:36 PM.