• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Everyone go rent the movie "Waking Life"

and watch it. you'll enjoy it. especially if you're stoned.

I'm sure anybody who's serious about lucid dreams has already seen it, or at least heard of it. I liked it, but haven't seen it stoned yet. The ending was a little lame though.
      “The sleep is still in my eyes
      The dream is still in my head
      I heave a sigh and sadly smile
      And lie a while in bed
      I wish that it might come to pass
      Not fade like all my dreams” —Rush

Yeah, the ending dragged on like crazy. But the movie is great, especially the chapter called "Dreamers speak" or whatever its called. The one where it starts focusing on lucid dreaming.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal

DJ Entries
      It made for a rather lonely and depressing movie whilst stoned for me, still interesting to do though. I preferred the movie after a couple of beers myself. Or whilst sober. Great movie, I downloaded it.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
      i rented this movie and i did nto like it. I loved the art style and the theme, tbu something about it just did not click with me...
      Need Help? Have Questions? PM me so I can help you out

"Dreams are as portals. Flat visions of misty places. But I can write dreams!" - Myst Uru

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Have u watched eXistenZ ?

We also have a registered user by the same screen name !

After I finished watching it, I tried to think of good things about it. That was very difficult, because I had a tremendous headache from the sickening random turbulence of the animation.

Weeks later, when I returned to normal, I thought, "good, maybe I can use this movie as a barometer for who's going to be a good friend or an interesting person to talk to... if they like it, I'll know just not to talk to them very much."

But it doesn't work like that, unfortunately. One of my old friends thought it was great and another thought it was worthy of some praise.

So I can honestly say, there is nothing good about this movie.

The Netherlands
      It was cool. To bad about the horricifc last few minutes. It was a genious masterpiece, then that FAGLORD starts talking like god exists.

Helloooo, let's let people decide that from themselves >: ( fucking wanker

And the floating away... well, I guess an open ending. Maybe it is a metaphore for the infinite possiblities in Lucid Dreams.
      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

i found the animation very original and psychedelic whilst stoned.

most of the post-modern drivel merely reinforced in my mind how impotent most existentialists are. all talk, no action. although the movie itself seemed to have a vague awareness of that fact.

the 'holy moment' scene was the movie for me. absolutely beautiful...if somebody cannot appreciate that scene, or understand what it was about, no true communication is possible between us.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” (or better yet: three...)
      George Bernard Shaw

No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker. - Mikhail Bakunin