• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Finding Your Dream Guide (tutorial)

Eau Claire, WI
      Hey everyone, how are you all doing? I am doing fine. I thought it would be a great Idea to put together sort of a small tutorial on how to find someone's dream guide. Now just a small background on me, I have been Lucid Dreaming for almost 17 months. I have had 77 Lucid Dreams, and within that time I have been able to find my dream guide.. Her name is Anna. I just had another Lucid Dream during this past night and Anna happened to be there.. You can read about it here My Dreamguide Any who for those who have some experience with Lucid Dreaming, and are looking for something interesting to do with them.. This can be for you.

Now before you began. You must know that a Dreamguide, oddly enough isn't like any other DC in your LD's.. Infact, your Dreamguide knows more about you then you do yourself...strange huh? Now it make take you sometime to find your DG but the journey is worth the wait.. It took me about 4 or 5 months.. Anna just appeared there one day and we sat across this table..and I asked her.. Are you my dream guide, she said yes.. I told her I had been looking for her for a while..She told me she tried to contact me last fall *which was one year ago from the fall we just had* Amazing LD that was.

Before I began I must say that as odd as this may sound.. In your search for your Dream Guide...It make take some longer then others...Why you may ask... Because you may not believe this, but your Dream Guide may not think you are ready..Ready for what?Ready to meet eachother...Weird right? Well i thought it was too, and quite frankly not possible for that to happen. But after some failed attempts of trying to find it..I was like...maybe I need to get better control/experience/knowledge before meeting my DG...It took me over 50 LD's to finally find mine.. Not saying its going to take you that long...Just that's how long it took me.

Anyways I am rambling on..You must want to know how to find your dream guide.. Well here is some techniques.

Step 1:"Can I see My Dreamguide?"

What I mean by this is simple. When you become Lucid in your dream and have good stability and are able to stay in your LD for a few minutes..Shout out loud... "Can I See My Dreamguide." or "Do I have a Dreamguide" After this you may hear a voice say "Yes." "Yes you do" (etc.Other wise, after you yell out that command or whatever you want to call it, turn around in a 180 and see what is behind you.. You may find a person standing right there...More then likely that would be you dreamguide....If so a person is standing behind you after these events....Go ahead and say Hello....Then ask..."Are you my dream guide?" If they say "Yes" then you have found your DG...but if they give you some sort of weird answer like "I like fish sandwiches" then you must keep looking... Also dont be afraid to ask them if they have a name, before you ask them if they are your dreamguide..I asked Anna her name before I asked if she was my dreamguide...DG's tend to communicate with you on a higher conscious level, then normal idiot DC's ...This technique worked for me..I had yelled out "I want to see my dream guide" and I had turned around and saw a blurry vision of a person (this was b4 I had found Anna)...

Step 2"Open The Door"

This step you can do one of two ways.. The First one is to obviously become Lucid..Having good stability and good control, You will want to walk up to a door and tell yourself "When I open this door, My dream guide will be on the other side." Now you must do this with total BELIEF that when you open the door, your dream guide will be there.. Otherwise it will not work and something strange and unexpecting will be on the otherside..possibly causing you to lose Lucidity The second way to do it is...Get a DC to do it...DC's are honestly stupid/gullable..They will do pretty much anything you want...So walk up to a DC when you are Lucid-while having good control/stability and ask them to take you to a door where your Dream Guide will be on the otherside...Again, you want to have total belief that once you open that door your DG will be on the otherside....If this fails dont give up..Just knowing in waking life that you are trying to find your Dream Guide will help your Subconscious better, and have it keep a look out for it..

Step 3: "Paying Close Attention."

This step is probably one of the most important ones.. I did not put the steps in any order, but If i had to place the steps in a most important order..This would be # 1... Why? Because...What good is finding your dream guide if your not paying attention? What I mean by this is simple.. When you become Lucid..And you are around DC's pay attention to how they interact with you and the dreamworld...DC's tend to do strange things sometimes, or even say stupid things.. DreamGuides (atleast mine) every time she has been in my dreams (only 2 times) it has only been me and her inside the dream.. I have gotten lucky.. But DG's will tend to look at you more then DC's...I'm talking right in your eyes, because they want to be noticed.. Now im not saying that every DC that may look into your eyes could be your DG...you have to investigate the dreamworld and your own surroundings and everything in it to get on the trail that leads to finding your DG.

Remember when you read above ^^ where it states that my DG told me she tried contacting me Last fall...Well at the time of the LD where i found her..One year prior to that..I had a dream about a girl..and this girl was being hit on by all these guys..so I walked up to the group, and the lady came over to me and we were walking away--i was walking backwards--and next thing she does is whisper in my ear..clear as day.. "I already know who you are..I just Dont want them to know, that I know you."---that took place In FALL 2005---I found my DG in FALL 2006...You see the connection..She was already trying to contact me but I didnt notice....That's why you must pay close attention to who you interact with and all the DC's that are being active inside your LD.. You dont want to miss out on something that could possibly lead you to your DG....

Take notes if you have to, so you remember certain things that DC's do or even say....Anything to help you along your journey.

Step 4"Believe..."

Ok so I lied..this is the #1 important rule if you want to get anywhere with finding your DG...even in LD Believing is one of the most important things....You must be wondering what you are suppose to believe....Well here it is....

BELIEVE 110% that you have a DreamGuide...why? Because every single person on this planet has one, whether you like it or not.. Some go their whole lives without finding theirs..But if you tell yourself during Waking Life that you have a Dream Guide, your SUB C will began to believe that, and you will pay close attention to your dreams and LD's in general...If you DONT believe that you have a dream guide, you will never find it...period... You have to believe...use the old saying "seeing is believing" but flip it around... "Believing is seeing.." Believe you have a Dreamguide...Then sooner or later you shall SEE your Dreamguide...

All these steps play a role in some way of helping your find your DG.. I hope that this helps those who have yet to find their DG... If you haven't begun the journey to find yours...It might be fun to give it a try...Because it only took me one read of a post on this web site to convince me to begin my journey...that word was DREAMGUIDE....it was an amazing journey...Now that I have found Anna..My LD's mean more... Just the LD i had last night she was in it..after waking up from it i posted on this forum ^^^the link above^^^ about it.. While i was typing I had a tremendous amount of energy surging through my body...soo much that it made the hairs on my arms and neck stand up.....That's how good it feels to be in contact with your Dream Guide... I hope this inspires and helps you to go find yours... good luck and have a safe journey..

Thanks

Spiritofthewolf
      SinisterDezz likes this.
      LD Count: 300 since 2005, average 40 LDs a yr
      Last LD: 11/23/2013

My most infamous tutorial: http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-cont...ide-3-1-a.html

WOW! This is so cool. Congrats on meeting your DG. Seek, and ye shall find i guess. I am presently reading a book called "Eyes of an Angel" by an author named Paul Elder. It discusses the OBE and talks about meeting soul guides and other stuff that absolutely fascinates me.

I too have been seeking an encounter with either a soul or dream guide and am very envious of your successes. On at least two occassions i have called out to my soul guide, but have yet to have any luck. On one occassion while lucid, i had a big Chevy truck driving right at me. I realized it couldn't hurt me, so i just sort of passed through it and spoke to the driver and passenger, asking if either of them were my soul guide. No luck.

Thank you for the step by step instructions, i will continue to try and hopefully someday will also meet my dream or soul guide.

Banned
      Wow! Truly inspiring. I've also wanted to contact my dream guide since I read about them like you. I remember talking myself into it in real life, but I never remembered once I got into my lucid dreams. So far I've had two lucid dreams and both have been rather long and pretty vivid and controlled for early lucid dreams (or so I've read).

I'm going to try and find my dream guide just like you, but I was wondering. Is it possible to have a dream guide that is not a person? Could I have an animal for a dream guide that doesn't even speak to me directly? I'm sure the answer to this is probably yes, considering anything is possible in a dream.

What does Anna look like, if you don't mind me asking? Is she good looking or resemble anyone in real life?

California

Thumbs down

Wow, that was inspiring.

Thank you for taking the time to write this.

As I was reading it (and it was very, very entertaining) I began to believe more that I have a dream guide and maybe, just maybe I have met him before.

In my dream which you can read about here I told a DC to go away but he stood up and just looked at me. Like I couldn't tell him what to do.

This caught me by surprise because I had controlled a DC before.

I will try and remember to post here when I find my dream guide to update you guys if it was him or just a stuborn DC.

Eau Claire, WI
      Quote Originally Posted by Casualtie View Post
      Wow! Truly inspiring. I've also wanted to contact my dream guide since I read about them like you. I remember talking myself into it in real life, but I never remembered once I got into my lucid dreams. So far I've had two lucid dreams and both have been rather long and pretty vivid and controlled for early lucid dreams (or so I've read).

I'm going to try and find my dream guide just like you, but I was wondering. Is it possible to have a dream guide that is not a person? Could I have an animal for a dream guide that doesn't even speak to me directly? I'm sure the answer to this is probably yes, considering anything is possible in a dream.

What does Anna look like, if you don't mind me asking? Is she good looking or resemble anyone in real life?
      [/b]
      Hey man..

About your question..Yah DG's can be in a form of an animal.. I forget who's dreamguide is actually in a form of a Dragon, but the person is a member at this site...It can be an animal or a person....If you ask me DG's should always beable to speak to you, because they are suppose to guide you..I have yet to meet a person's who DG doesnt talk to them...

Anna..what does she look like....Well she is about my age...in her early twentys...my height, a little bit shorter..about 5 feet 6 inches tall..She has a very nice body, voice.....She has brownish wavey curly hair..She had it put up in a pony tail in my last lucid dream encounter with her....People have asked me if I would ever have sexual encounters with Anna..Even though we have kissed.. I honestly dont think I could ever bring myself to have sex with my DG..yah she is beautiful but i honestly think i have wayyyyy too much respect for her..I mean she is my Dream Guide...she guides me..she is there for me...why would i use her for my own selfishness??? It just wouldn't make any sense... I honestly love her..sounds crazy but, Dream Guides are really amazing, specially Anna...

I'm glad ive inspired you all to look for yours..Its a great adventure, but it pays off.. You may have to fight off hellish creatures or go across some amazing land to get there...but the more the marrier

If you would like to talk to me on an individual basis, my AIM is sibeatz and my MSN is [email protected].. feel free to add me..

thanks

My most infamous tutorial: http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-cont...ide-3-1-a.html

Banned
      When I say doesn't speak directly I mean doesn't use actually language to communicate. Is it possible that you communicate telepathically with your dream guide, because thats kind of how I would see it going down. Maybe on very rare and special occasions they would actually speak to you.

Eau Claire, WI
      lol yah man funny u say that about the Telepathic part, cuz in my LD last night i kinda got a sense inside my mind from Anna standing infront of me that is was her..kinda like she sent me a signal from her mind to mine

The New Achievements:
      1 year registered Referrer Silver Veteran First Class 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      LVL 99
      Beersheva
      Hmm interesting...

I once was Lucid in a dream, i was outside and it was night time. I looked up and shouted "I want to see my Dream guid"

No answer!

So i turn to my left and there is this pub, so i go in thinking i may be able to find her (it prob wont be her but i can still wish ) So i walk into the pub and its crowded, and i try to find a seat so i will be able to meat my DG. And i wake up!

That is my first time ive ever remembered to look for my DG in a dream, not only that but i think that LD followed something that felt like a Astral Projection. But anyway it was no use.

Can your DG also be in non Lucid Dreams as DCs.

Also i know waht you mean about DCs acting weird. I once asked a DC waht was the meaning of life and he answered by singing to the tune of "always look on the bright side of life" but it was as if it was in backwards :$

Ja_
      what about DG that are evil? because i really want to kick a certain DG ass, i remember calling a DG then he pop out behind me, he was kinda bald, wearing a white tuxedo, lots of jewel with an lookin evil eyez, plus he was shining all over his body, i believed he was a DG i could feel it. anyway I had a cool dream till i order him to give me more vivid and more time. he was like no 1 give me order then he brought an eartquake all over in my dream and everything started to fade out then i woke up. i was pretty mad because i couldnt sleep anymore =\
      I Only Exist to Those Who Seeks Me

Just like philosophy, you need drugs to understand the pure meaning of life

Imagination is everything.
      It is the preview of Life's coming attractions.

Louisville, Kentucky
      DJ Entries
      That's awesome Ja. Your DG is so mean.

I've never given a DG a single thought before. I'll start looking for mine, sounds like fun.

- GA

What's a dreamguide? Can you lose them? I think I may have had one when I was around sixteen. She was a little girl but she showed me a lot of hurt and pain, even suicide. I yelled at her and she never came back.
      "One word, love: curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it." ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

Eau Claire, WI
      I'm not sure about Evil DreamGuides because from what I know of DG's are suppose to help you. Now if you say you may have had an Evil DG, maybe he was only trying to be mean, to see if you would overcome it and interact with it, then later you would have found out he was your DG for sure.

But i hope this tutorial helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofthewolf View Post
      I'm not sure about Evil DreamGuides because from what I know of DG's are suppose to help you. Now if you say you may have had an Evil DG, maybe he was only trying to be mean, to see if you would overcome it and interact with it, then later you would have found out he was your DG for sure.

But i hope this tutorial helps you.
      [/b]
      She wasn't evil, just a little girl who could be very happy until she'd show me a bit of her past. She was then a depressed little girl I couldn't help. I couldn't take her bad memories at 16 years old.
      "One word, love: curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it." ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class 5000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      I once had a dream that i was in a white room and there was another man with me... he took my face in his hands and looked in my eyes and said "catrina, you're dreaming" but i wouldn't believe him...
      ~know what you believe in~

I had a lucid dream this morning. I wasn't sure on what to do and then I got the idea to call my dream guide. I yelled out "Dream guide!" and then I looked down the hall. I saw his shadow coming and then I saw him. His face was kind of deformed so I changed his appearance. I kept changing him and I eventually woke up into a false awakening.

So I haven't talked to him yet. Maybe next time.

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by spiritofthewolf View Post

All these steps play a role in some way of helping your find your DG.. I hope that this helps those who have yet to find their DG... If you haven't begun the journey to find yours...It might be fun to give it a try...Because it only took me one read of a post on this web site to convince me to begin my journey...that word was DREAMGUIDE....it was an amazing journey...Now that I have found Anna..My LD's mean more... Just the LD i had last night she was in it..after waking up from it i posted on this forum ^^^the link above^^^ about it.. While i was typing I had a tremendous amount of energy surging through my body...soo much that it made the hairs on my arms and neck stand up.....That's how good it feels to be in contact with your Dream Guide... I hope this inspires and helps you to go find yours... good luck and have a safe journey..
      Thanks

Spiritofthewolf
      [/b]
      Hi,

interesting post you have there.

What I would like to ask you is:

1) What is your current personal belief about the nature of dream guides? Are they real entities like you and I? Or are they a creation of our subconscious? Or something else?

2) What are the advantages of having a dream guide? I mean, why should one seek out one's dream guide?

3) Could you give me some suggestions as to what I should do with my dream guide once I have found him/her/it?

Thanks

My dream guide was shape shifting in one of my dreams. I did not immediatly recognize him. When I asked him mentally to join me, he approached me and it was then that I recognized him as my guide, Michael, who I met in a previous experience. It was quite a joyful meeting.

so i read this post about dream guides about a week ago and i decided that the next ld i had id try to find my guide.
      last night i had an ld and when i was about to do what i usually do in lds i remembered that there was something that i wanted to try doing.
      then i realized that i wanted to look for my dream guide....all of a sudden i was scared for my life even though i knew i was dreaming and i just wanted to leave the dream and wake up right away.
      does this mean im not ready for meeting my dream guide? i guess ill just see what happens in my next ld, but id really like to meet my dream guide because reading about them intrigued me quite a bit.

Sweden
      woooow, that was like the coolest thing I've ever heard of , truely inspiring!

I've got the same questions as DarkMind; what is your dreamguide for? Can you ask it for wise advices or what ????
      Currently practicing WILD. I quote Kaniaz who said it best: "The point of WILD is to piss me off". Though, I have not given up, far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMind View Post
      Hi,

interesting post you have there.

What I would like to ask you is:

1) What is your current personal belief about the nature of dream guides? Are they real entities like you and I? Or are they a creation of our subconscious? Or something else?

2) What are the advantages of having a dream guide? I mean, why should one seek out one's dream guide?

3) Could you give me some suggestions as to what I should do with my dream guide once I have found him/her/it?

Thanks
      [/b]
      Hi DM,

I can only speak for my own experience. To answer your first question, it seems as if my dream guide has a sincere interest in my welfare. The first encounter with him brought such a feeling of love and peace that is still indescribable. It was beyond anything you can feel in a waking state. When I asked who he was, his name, Michael, was immediately in my mind. I know it was not my own speculation because it is so instantaneous. I was always seeking him in my dreamstate after the first encounter and felt that he was near at times but it was like he was observing me without wanting me to interact with him. It wasn’t until the dream that he shape shifted that I was able to interact with him again…and he has eluded me ever since.

It is more difficult to answer your second questions. After my experience with my dream guide, Michael, I feel like I have a guardian angel looking after me. There may be many more subtle changes. I am more confident in my dream state and have not had a “nightmare” since. Control during LD’s seems easier. Perhaps each persons dream guide comes to them for reasons only for them.

To answer your third question, I would suggest trying to have a conversation with your dream guide if you able to meet him/her. Determine what questions you want to ask and see if you can get to the point of asking them in your dream meeting. I believe that any and all of your questions can be answered, but you will only be able to remember the answers if you are ready for them.

Best of luck!

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class 5000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries
      I haven't had an LD in a long friggen time, and when i was reading this post, i thought of something that someone had mentioned before...

I pictured myself in my dream asking for my DG, and immediatly thought that if i asked for my DG, it would appear as something evil. Maybe the only reason i thought of that was because i knew that if i asked for something that i have never seen before, it would obviously be unexpected, and sometimes the unexpected is scary.

I hope that first thought about meeting my DG doesn't affect what the experience will be like when i actually do meet them...

OH, Quick question: Can you have more than one DG? And Does anyone think that a DG may be the reincarnated soul of someone that has a connection with you other than your subconscious?

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class

UK
      Dreaming is suggestible. If you are preoccupied on a particular theme, said theme will often manifest itself in an LD scenario..

If you're looking for your "dead mother", you'll probably meet "her".. if video games are your bag, you'll probably get video game LD scenarios, as witnessed by many LDers here.. and if "Dream Guides" are your bag, sooner or later you'll meet "one" in LD..

Quote Originally Posted by rosesong View Post
      I would suggest trying to have a conversation with your dream guide if you able to meet him/her. Determine what questions you want to ask and see if you can get to the point of asking them in your dream meeting. [/b]
      I agree with your suggestion, and now post details of one such conversation that I had:

Me: "What do you actually want from me?"

DC: (looks troubled and says nothing).

Me: "What do you actually want from me?"

DC: (still looks perturbed) "We want your energy.."

Me: "What energy?"

DC: "Your energy. We want to feel your energy.."

Me: "Is there anything you can truly help me with?"

DC: (troubled) "No.."

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      I just read this post last night, and right after that i had a lucid dream, and met my dream guide! As soon as i woke up i typed it on my laptop. here's how it happened:

Jan 4 1:53am

I've only been asleep for about an hour but i saw my dream guide for the first time.

At first i was starting to have a bad dream, because i was in my house and i heard the cat in my dad's room, but it turned out that it was identical to our real cat and the identical cat was mean. I said

"This can't be happening, i MUST be dreaming"
      And my dad said
      "oh, you think you're dreaming?"
      And i said
      "I must be, because i'm making a parrot appear on your shoulder right now"
      I grabbed the parrot and laughed. Then i said,
      "Hey dad, i want to meet my Dream Guide, i could ask for him to appear right here and right now"
      But he said something like, 'i don't want to meddle with that kind of stuff'. Also, there were other people there and i didn't think my DG (dream guide) would appreciate it if i summoned him with other guests in our house.

So i went outside and saw this black man and i walked up to him and looked in his eyes and asked
      "Are you my dream guide" and he said
      "No, but i can be" and i said
      "So, your not, but you want to be?" and when i tried looking in his eyes, his eyes shifted and i couldn't look into them clearly. i told him that i need to find who my real DG is and he said
      "Why would you want to do that, he's evil" I was dissapointed and decided to go to a mall.

I went to the mall and while i was waiting on the elevator with some DCs (My friend Dylan was one of them) i told them that they were all dreaming and that they should gain lucidity. I'm not sure if it worked though. I saw this guy that i know from work at the mall and i asked him if he knew who my DG was. at first he said no and then his eyes grew huge as if looking at something behind me and i turned around and there he was.

He was very old looking, but he looked like he had soo much wisdom and he looked smooth and caring. He was very tall and skinny and looked like someone who jumped out of a bible. He had on a white robe with a string around his waist. He had greyish white long hair in a braid with streaks of red and he was carrying a lot of stuff, like we had a lot of catching up to do. He told me to go meet him in the circle (there was a pattern of a huge circle on the floor of the mall) and he made it to the circle first and sat down, i almost missed him because i walked past the circle right away. But i saw him from behind; this old man dressed in white sitting on the floor in a mall, and no body seemed to notice him.

I sat down across from him and the first thing that he said to me is:
      "Your going to die in a really long time" and i said
      "What? I'm going to die in a really long time?" and he said yes.

When we were sitting in the circle he brought out all these gadgets and was turning them on. Some had little lights and stuff. They reminded me of satillites.

I'm dissapointed though, because i forgot to ask his name and i didn't exactly ASK him if he was my dream guide, i just assumed because of the look on my coworkers face.

Well i'm going to try again tonight. That's great progress considering it was my first try and i just read about the post today on finding your dream guide!

Your Mind
      One of my long term tasks is to find my Dream Guide, I think it would be really interesting, what would be more interesting is to find out what they look like, and have conversations with them that I couldn't have with other DC's, I'll of course post here if I find my DG, I'm really hoping for it to happen soon.

Good job Catrina! your story is quite interesting and your Dream Guide, if he is your DG, sounds very cool!
      Get his name
      Hakuna Matata.

Lucid Dreams: 200+ (Too many to count.)

Yes, I created DEILD.
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=36281

Certainly not on this planet.
      Thanks for a truly interesting tutorial, Spirit-of-the-Wolf.

I find this whole subject very intriguing and in view of that I have a question which I'm really hoping someone can answer.

I had an LD a little while ago in which I decided I wanted to ask my subconscious a few questions directly.

I voiced my wish out loud something like this:
      "If this is a dream, then my subconscious must be able to show me what pressing issues need attention in my life."

Well, with that, a strong sense of foreboding came over me and I felt a presence directly behind.

I turned around and there was someone who I asumed at the time to be my sister, completely wrapped in multicoloured knittted scarves from head to toe.
      The reason why I thought it was my sister was that only the eyes were showing and they were very like hers: big, very blue, and (this is the important part) STARING straight into me. Like they were looking straight into my soul.

Now, after reading the tutorial it suddenly occured to me... was this my dream-guide?

If so should I have said something? (At the time I just stared back dumbfounded)

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast