• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Bay, CA

Summoning People

So far in my fairly short Lucid Dreaming adventure I feel I have been blessed. I am truely able to have a Lucid dream ALMOST every night it seems.

This is truely wonderful to me, but most of them are very short. HOWEVER I know practice makes perfect, and this morning I had two LDs that both lasted fairly long (for me) What seemed to be 10-15ish minutes each.

So I am well on my way I feel, with increasing my length of Lucidity and now I want to bring some dream control practices in.

I have no trouble flying, or moving things with will power, but there is still alot of control I want to work on.

The first hardest simple thing for me is summoning people! I had some small success in my first LD last night, but the second one I couldn't summone one person! I tried walking into different rooms and convincing myself they would be there (Multiple times) and it wouldn't work. I even tried bringing out and wand and trying to summon someone, twice. No go.

Anyone have any useful tips?
      Lucid Dream Count: N/A (3-7 a week average)

Current Goal(s): Master dream control/length, Master WILD'ing

Have no fear; For the power behind you is greater than any problem ahead of you.

Lucid Pills:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=36306

USA
      Hmm... Anyone in particular you are trying to summon??

It sounds to me like you are doing everything correctly and are using all the tricks. I think you just need more practice. My summon success rate is perhaps 25% right now.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

actually, summoning people and objects is somthing I have had trouble with too

I typically only summon creatures with the intention of posessing them, but only recently have I even been able to successfully summon an object, that being a small bottle of potion. I sort of stared at the spot where I wanted it to appear and crossed my eyes like I was doing one of those Magic Eye illusions and it appeared.

next time I'm going to try just closing my eyes, imagining the person appearing, and then opening them. i know for me that doing it with my eyes open has little impact
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/gguru1/ALBUM%202/believesigstatic.jpg

DJ Entries
      Try asking a DC if they know where whoever you're trying to summon is. Chances are they'll nod and point, and he/she will be there.

I like turning around to find whatever I'm trying to summon. Also, covering spaces with a blanket (like a magician) helps.
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Banned
      The method I like is backing up. It's based on real life, if you are backing up and you know someone is there, you don't know exactly where, this is kind of like how you know someone is there in a dream. I just keep backing up and eventually will run into the person that I knew was behind me. I did it with the Easter bunny for last month's lucid task.

Bay, CA
      I appreciate the replies, immensely

Sometimes trying to summon someone particular yes..haha...other times I often find my dream scenes to be quite empty of DC's...So getting friends/people to appear more often would opt for more depth to an LD for me.

I like all the suggestions, especially asking a DC, backing up, and blanket.

I will currently work on trying to do well with summoning, and then move on to scenery change

(Don't ask me how I do well with just having LDs often. The first night I ever tried to LD I had one, and from their on out I truly just feel blessed/lucky to have them quite easily. It's not really so much "skill" for me)
      Lucid Dream Count: N/A (3-7 a week average)

Current Goal(s): Master dream control/length, Master WILD'ing

Have no fear; For the power behind you is greater than any problem ahead of you.

Lucid Pills:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=36306

Banned
      I find scenery change is easier than summoning people. Just close your eyes and spin.

Recently I tried to summon my best friend. While lucid, I told myself, "When I turn around, my best friend will be behind me." I turn around. Instead, I summon my car with two complete strangers inside of it!

Weird. But eventually he showed up near the end of the dream.

Here is not specifically defined
      One LD I had for about 10 second which is long for me, I realized I was dreaming while I was looking at a mountain view from a valley, as I became lucid I immediately tried to change the sky from red/orange to a purple and thats about all I remember I think I fell back into sleep. Is this what is meant by summoning here? Cause I've tried summoning/calling real people to my dreams, something like a shared dream. Which I believe works also.
      Reality is only one moment away form right now is reality. Check... Dream Sign... Engage Lucid Dreaming!

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltho
      http://www.taltho.com
      tlatho.com Coming soon with pic's of me and family.

you knwo, thats one of my problems too....on my 4th lucid dream i tried to summen Jules Casablancas (to talk about music) and i kept thinking "he'll be around the corner" like i read in a book but nothing happened...i haven't tried it since then

Like I said, I was able to summon something by saying it will appear behind me, and then turning around. (I also read that in a book) But it wasn't the person I desired... Well at least it works. But I guess it takes practice. Each time I LD, (I have 9 so far) my awareness lasts longer and I'm able to have more control and remember actions to carry out. I suggest you buy the book "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming"
      Last edited by Diarith; 05-11-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Ontario, Canada
      I find it really hard to be able to summon people within dreams. I can't give you can exact tip because my method, I still have problems with. What I do is go through doors whenever ever I have the chance. Most of the time when I do this I am able to expect that person to be there and they will be. It may take one door it may take 10. Turning around and expecting them there doesn't work and yelling doesn't work either. It seems for me in a lucid dream even through when I lucid I know it’s my mind the people I want to see the most come on their own without my control.

I just find it really hard. As I said, the door thing does work but know always.

Good luck!

In marital bliss. Yup, I got married on Sept 26th, 2009!
      Quote Originally Posted by taltho View Post
      One LD I had for about 10 second which is long for me, I realized I was dreaming while I was looking at a mountain view from a valley, as I became lucid I immediately tried to change the sky from red/orange to a purple and thats about all I remember I think I fell back into sleep. Is this what is meant by summoning here? Cause I've tried summoning/calling real people to my dreams, something like a shared dream. Which I believe works also.
      We use "summoning" in the sense of having that person (or object) materialize as a character in the dream. We're not at all talking about shared dreams, no.

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by SEBSTER View Post
      you knwo, thats one of my problems too....on my 4th lucid dream i tried to summen Jules Casablancas (to talk about music) and i kept thinking "he'll be around the corner" like i read in a book but nothing happened...i haven't tried it since then
      Your problem that you were thinking it, you have to know it.

As for people summoning the wrong person. Try asking the other person where the person that you want it. Odds are that they will know and you'll be able to find them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja9578 View Post
      As for people summoning the wrong person. Try asking the other person where the person that you want it. Odds are that they will know and you'll be able to find them easily.
      I was rereading the part of EWOLD the other day concerning nightmares. It talks about the fact that - as we already know - things aren't always as they seem in dreams. Perhaps the "wrong person" is actually the correct person, only looking differently than you expect. Next time you summon the wrong person ask them questions, such as "Are you so-and-so?". There's a good chance they will turn out to be who you're looking for. If not, then they may show you the way to them.

Haha this is kind of goofy, but when I was younger and wanted sex every LD, I would go into a house and turn the shower on, I would walk outside the bathroom, close the door, then knock on it and ask if that person was in there. It worked every time. I would also go up to random houses and knock on the front door. Some random dude would answer and I'd ask if that person were home. They always were

As for summoning badguys, which is my favorite, I just walk down the street and then overwhelm myself with suspicion. I freeze and a bunch of losers will come out hiding places and try to fight me.

For summoning a boss, I'll just pick a random person on the street and stair them down, knowing they know exactly who I am. I'll swing at them and they react as if they were waiting for it, then cue fight scene

yeah my methods suck, but they work for me

Quote Originally Posted by BadStarr View Post
      Haha this is kind of goofy, but when I was younger and wanted sex every LD, I would go into a house and turn the shower on, I would walk outside the bathroom, close the door, then knock on it and ask if that person was in there. It worked every time. I would also go up to random houses and knock on the front door. Some random dude would answer and I'd ask if that person were home. They always were
      That's a damned good idea. I'm gonna have to try that.

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Quote Originally Posted by BadStarr View Post
      Haha this is kind of goofy, but when I was younger and wanted sex every LD, I would go into a house and turn the shower on, I would walk outside the bathroom, close the door, then knock on it and ask if that person was in there. It worked every time. I would also go up to random houses and knock on the front door. Some random dude would answer and I'd ask if that person were home. They always were.
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaught View Post
      That really is a great idea (and original too)!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaught View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Clairity View Post
      That really is a great idea (and original too)!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
      Hahaha thanks. Looking back on it, I was just a horny little kid. I thought it was stupid but i suppose it really never failed for me so go for it!

lucid dream
      i just create them with my bare hands, you should try it.
      "you should love way more than you hate"-50cent

YEA!

Dream Scholar I guess :p Sanzora's Avatar
      Have you tried just calling them? I find it works best for me. If I plan on finding someone I just call them and let them find me ^_^

Portugal
      Once I menaged to summon a person cause I was in a house and just went looking for the person. Even though I was able to find the guy, when it happened he started shifting into other people... But then that might just be my mind playing with me... Cause the trick worked. Don't try to see people in a room, just go looking for them! It also happens with objects, whenever I want to just make them appear it won't work, but when I ask someone in the dream to give me the things they usually have them.
      LD count: 25 and counting
      My new dA account: http://vibrationdreams.deviantart.com

In the few LD's I've had, I tried to summon my girlfriend and only part of her appeared. Then I was too excited to see her and I loss lucidity.

just go looking for them!
      Wow, I thought I was the only one who did that.
      Seriously, you want to summon someone, GO LOOK FOR THEM. If you know where they would be, go to that place.

Example: I have a professor who I have a huge crush on. Nothing I would act upon in waking-life (I am in a committed relationship, with children, and would never do anything to ruin it.) But in dreams, anything goes, right?

So, for the last three or four months, I have been trying to summon him into my dreams so I can "experiment". I usually have DILD's-- the dream induced lucids, right? I don't know the terminology well, yet, but I have been LD'ing for a very long time. Anyway, I had a dream several weeks ago where I realized I was dreaming-- one of my dream symbols is stairs that I have a hard time climbing-- and I see these stairs, and I decide I am going to go look for my professor. So, I make myself fly after I struggle to climb up two steps. I fly to my college and run to his office--when I am wanting to summon someone, I always RUN. I run in case my dream starts to fade, and I can't make it stop from fading-- and I find him in his office, sitting there. And, well, I won't tell you what happens next.

Anyway, go look for the person you want to summon. If you know they'll be at their house, go there (if you know where they live) or wherever you know that they will be.

Good luck. If you ever accomplish it, let me know. I like hearing about others' experiences.

Hi guys,

talking about me, I have managed to summon people who are no longer alive ... dunno why, but seem to have a particular affinity for the netherworld and afterlife ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast