• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      USA

Kylie's Dream Journal

May 23, 2007.

Dream 1, Non-Lucid.

My dad is driving his car; I am in the passenger seat, and my brother and sister are in the back. I’m a bit wary of how fast we’re going on the highway—I glance at his speedometer and the numbers don’t make sense, but my dream-self realizes that it’s way faster than whatever’s safe. I don’t say anything to my dad, though, because he gets defensive when I criticize his driving, so I only sit tight and pray to God that we’ll make it wherever we’re going safely.

We arrive at this sort of mini-golf-water-obstacle course thing. We climb up a tall staircase with a waterfall running down parallel to it and stop at the top, just looking at things. It’s really not spectacular scenery—it is obvious in the dream that everything is man-made, it’s all kind of hazy, and there’s a lot of other people around. Right below us is a boy with a grey sweatshirt that says “Lucid Dreaming” on it. Imagine that- I saw it and still didn’t do a reality check.

Moving on, though, my brother looks at him and says, “How long have you been lucid dreaming?” The boy looks at him confused. My bro continues; “Have you had many lucid dreams? I’m only asking because my sister (he points at me), does it too.” The boy shakes his head no and mutters something unintelligible. Recall ends.

Dream 2, Non-Lucid:

I am at school, along with AM. It doesn’t look anything like M, but we know in our minds that it is. We’re running, because we’re late getting somewhere, but there’s ice all over the ground. Every now and than a man in military uniform runs past us, and we get out of his way. While we’re moving along the side of a pool (which is cold water, not ice), another army man runs past us. He slips on the ice on the edge of the pool, though, and goes flying in the water. We gasp, but he’s okay and beings pulling himself out.

A moment later, however, I slip on that exact spot of ice and fall the exact way he did; I’m flung into the water and go down. It’s really, really cold, but I’m alive. I surface and swim a little bit over to the edge. People are around staring and making sure we’re okay, and the military guy who just fell in himself smiles sympathetically and pulls himself the rest of the way out. Somehow there’s bleachers nearby, and sitting on the bleachers watching is Katie from Survivor Palau.

I pull myself out of the water, freezing cold. The nearest place is health-services, and I figure they can give me a towel or something to dry off. We run there, (or rather, I run there, and AM comes in after me). I go into a smaller room, and I take off a hat I’m wearing and ask the ladies behind the desk if I can have a towel or something because I’m cold and wet and I just fell into a pool with all my clothes on in the middle of winter. They tell me they’ll find something, and I sit down on one of the chairs.

One of the women comes out and asks to make sure I’m not getting the chair wet- and somehow I’m not, even though that’s impossible in the waking world. I get a towel, recall ends.

USA
      May 24, 2007.

Reincarnation, Non-Lucid:

I’m in my living room downstairs; the piano is along the wall by the kitchen, and the two red loveseats are facing each other next to the fireplace. My grandmother is sitting on one loveseat, and NS. is laying on the other one. My grandmother says to me, “You’ll have to let your soul into NS.’s body if you want to continue you’re life.

I look at NS, a little apprehensive about the whole thing, but he doesn’t move or say anything at all, so I shrug and say, “Okay.” I lay down on the couch, and suddenly he disappears and I’m reborn. I expected to actually be in his body, but I’m not; I’m still me, but technically I’m him. It didn’t make much sense at all. As I’m laying there, I keep thinking, “Oh, boy. This is like reincarnation… and isn’t that against Christianity? What if I go to hell for this? But God wanted me to do it… he didn’t stop me, he said it was okay, so it must be fine.” I don’t exactly know where this line of thinking came in, but… *shrug*.

My grandmother tells me I’m going to have to sleep downstairs, so I go looking for a blanket or something because it’s cold. I find a sheet and I put that over me, but it’s still freezing. As I get up to look for another comforter or something, this cute girl with long dark hair comes over wearing some sort of green and white dress with people drawn all over it. She says “Look, I have two!” and suddenly the dress changes—the exact same colors, and people, but this time the people are doing different things. I’m not at all interested in it and keep trying to find my second blanket.

Dream 2, Non-Lucid:

I am on a boat in the ocean; the shore is in sight, but we’re still technically “at sea.” I’m sitting on the deck with a piece of paper in my hands that has all my grades written on it. I am trying to read it to figure out if I’ve made the dean’s list or not, but the numbers and letters don’t make sense to me and I have trouble following the subject name to its grade; of course, despite this I didn’t become lucid. I finally come to the conclusion that one of my teachers has done me wrong and given me a “D” on one of my homeworks, which resulted in me failing the class.

I promptly begin to stamp around the boat, aggravated that they messed up but knowing I can’t do anything about it because I’m not anywhere near the school or civilization in general. Somehow another, new transcript appears in my hands, and this one is even worse; now I’m failing about half my classes, including speech, which completely flabbergasts me.

The next part of the dream is broken; I don’t know what happened until I find myself sitting in front of a television screen. A video of my old Creative Writing teacher sitting on a beach comes up (but for some reason she’s my math teacher in this dream), and begins to explain that she couldn’t possibly give me an A because I had an 88 in the class and everything was too easy for me. She went on to say that she couldn’t make the video too long because she still had to make another in order to talk to another student who was in Sweden.

Dream 3, Fragment, Non-Lucid:

There is a large group of college kids (about twenty of us), standing in a sort of open-patio room. We’re not standing willy-nilly; instead we’re in rows, as we would be if there were desks in the room to sit at. A man stands in the front, and begins teaching about the chemical composition of alcohol.

USA
      May 25, 2007.

The Second Coming, Non-Lucid:

I “expected” to have a lucid last night, and while that did not happen… something else most certainly did. This dream was absolutely frightening, and yet it was also one of those once-in-a-lifetime dreams that you’ll never forget. Even now the details are still fresh in my mind. I’m not exactly sure what to think of it, and it’s terribly difficult to explain, but here I’ve done my best.

The dream flickers back and forth between first and third person POV. It begins in third person; I see a large, open room. There are small tables all around and some toys and puzzles on the ground towards the back left hand corner—that part looks very much like a kindergarten or first grade classroom would. The back right corner of the room is devoid of anything at all; just navy blue carpet on the floor. The front half of the room has two large, cylindrical boxes. They’re huge; they reach at least eight feet tall and about eight people wide. Set in these cylinders are panels that can be pulled downwards. There are handles on them; to these handles are tied two children. One is a girl with long blonde hair, and the other is a boy that could easily be her twin. They both look about six or seven years old.

Two men in dark clothes come into the room from a back entrance and pick up the children. They untie their hands from the panels itself, and both pause for a moment to examine the girl. Shrugging, one man carries her off; she is dead. The boy is still alive, though, and they walk him over to the second cylinder and open one of the panels. Inside is Jesus (he looks like what we’ve been taught him to look like, and I know instinctively in my dream that it’s him). He’s got cuts and abrasions and bruises all over his body- clearly someone’s tortured him, and he is still alive. They simply show him to the boy, and then close the panel again.

Even though it’s still third person, I’m overwhelmed with the feeling of how a person could do that to another human being, because it’s so utterly inhumane and terrifying. And although we don’t see anyone else, I know instinctively that all the other panels in the cylinder are filled with people just like him.

The scene flickers into first person now; I and a DC named Gabriel (who I’m somehow closely tied to in the dream, though he’s no person in RL), come in through large, glass doors in the front. There are no lights on in the building, and with the dark carpet, dark walls, and dark wood paneling on the cylinders everything is gloomy and rather forbidding. We’re trying to save the children, although we don’t yet know the girl is dead. The boy is free now, and is sitting on the ground doing a puzzle. One of the two dark men walks up to me (Gabriel has disappeared already to another part of the room), and explains that they have been keeping the boy safe.

I’m confused about this. The man goes on to say that Jesus had been forcing the boy (who’s name in the dream is Lucas), to do things he didn’t want to do. At this point I’m even more confused, so I go over to the boy and sit next to him. I ask him what he did with Jesus and he says, “He made me dance.” The dark man gives me a meaningful look, but I’m still not convinced and turn towards Lucas again. He says, “He made me dance because He wanted to teach me the meaning of quiet.” He gets a small piece of white paper and wrote in black marker four or five words; I don’t remember what they said, but they were some philosophical meaning for the word quiet. My confusion disappears and I know now that indeed these guys in dark suits are definitely bad and are trying to twist things into something they’re not.

The dream scene changes suddenly at this realization, and it’s back in third person again. We’re now looking down on the brink of hell; there is hard, hot rock all around, and a huge chasm in front with molten lava rushing through it at the bottom. Very Lord-of-the-Rings-like, if I had to compare it to anything. Standing on one side of the chasm is a monster made of rock and fire, and standing on the other side is the devil (I don’t know how I know this, but I did). He’s very much like the rock-monster, except that he’s comprised of more fire than rock and you can see flesh beneath the flames at some parts of his body. Both of them are huge; at least nine feet tall and twice as wide as anything we’ve seen. They’re fighting with each other; the rock-monster keeps shooting fireballs at the devil while the devil is trying to “work.” This “work” is throwing all the beings that come into hell into the fiery pit in front of him. At first I’m appalled, but then I realize all the beings he’s throwing in the magma are misshapen, monster-like goblins and such. I begin to think that maybe they all really do deserve to go to Hell because they’re terrible.

Meanwhile, the rock-monster continues to shoot these fireballs at the devil. He gets annoyed and sends something over at the rock-monster, then smirks because he thinks he got the better of him. The rock-monster laughs, though, and a shape emerges behind the devil; it’s another monster, this time made entirely out of burning coals. It laughs quietly, and the devil sneers at the rock-monster before jumping into the pit below him. The rock-monster and the burning-coal-thing both follow him and are submerged into the lava. We know they’re not dead, however; they’ll emerge soon and begin the whole cycle over again.

The scene flips back to the previous dark room with Lucas, Gabriel, Jesus in the cabinet, and the dark men. Now there is fighting all around us. I am laying on the ground with Lucas, my hands covering my head to try to protect myself. Next to me the young boy is doing the same thing, and I see Gabriel out of the corner of my eye a few yards away in the same position. I don’t exactly know who is fighting or what they are fighting with, but it’s clear that all of us are in a bad situation that we’re probably not going to get out of. At this point I panic completely and start to cry, but I’m more worried for the little boy than anyone else. I yell out his name, trying to make sure he keeps himself safe, and yell for Gabriel—I don’t believe my dream-self was in any control at this point. I believed this was the end of all things and was simply calling out in hysteria.

At that moment Jesus walks out of the cabinet He was trapped in. He looks at the fighting for a moment, then begins to walk slowly towards the door. He stops, and I have the feeling that He is wondering whether He should stay to help or whether He should leave; I don’t actually know, but that’s my impression. At this point I stop my hysterical yelling for the little boy and Gabriel and instead start yelling for Jesus to leave. The only thing I can think of is that if he stays with us, He’s bound to be killed, but if he leaves He can get away freely and the world will experience the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. He walks out the door, and I see him pass across the glass.

At this point I think I wake up from the dream, but in all reality it’s an FA. I am laying on my floor in my bedroom, and I think to myself that I should write the dream down because it was so incredible. I’m shaken up, though, and I don’t want to reach my hand out from my blanket to get the book that’s on the shelf above my head. And then I actually wake up.

Dream 2, Non-Lucid:

I am on a school bus with ET, EF, SC, and SW. Amber from Survivor jumps on the bus just as it’s driving away, and her sleeve is caught in the door, but she quickly frees it. We’re driving on a bridge over the largest river I’ve ever seen, and we’re right on the edge, driving in the shoulder of traffic. Somehow we make it to a dark street, and ET, EF, SC, SW, and I all get off the bus. We walk down a dark street, not really knowing where we’re going but knowing that we have to stop at ET's house, which is nearby.

He says “It’s right here,” and promptly disappears into a shack-like house. A few moments later he comes out, and we continue walking. At this point SC, EF, SW and I all step forward and put our arms around our shoulders so we’re all connected, and start singing a tune and stepping in time. I remember ET not being in it with us, but he doesn’t feel left out despite this.

I wake up at this point, but I’m actually humming the tune in my bed, which has never happened to me before. I promptly fall back to sleep and back into the dream, though I don’t become lucid. Now we’re in the wilderness somewhere, and my companions have disappeared to be replaced by Hugh Laurie (as he looks in the show House, MD), and three other people I don’t know. We’re supposed to be traveling somewhere in order to succeed in some dangerous quest that nobody has ever come out of alive. We come across a huge hill of soft, sticky dirt. ET reappears and tells us that this isn’t all dirt; there’s bit and pieces of people in here as well; the people who failed. We’re dead tired and need to rest, but we can’t just lay in the open because something will get us. Knowing that, we bury ourselves in the dirt with only our heads showing. For some reason House has a glass eye that keeps swiveling around because he’s nervous.

We make it through the night (I don’t know how time passes), we cross a river, and we begin to climb a hill that looks very much like a part of the hiking trail behind my school. We hear noises behind us, and once again we hide in the ground with only our heads above. A cart goes past us, not seeing us, but that wasn’t the danger; this huge centipede comes crawling up through where we’re hiding. Apparently this is the “danger” that’s killed everyone else. ET nods towards us, we all jump out of the ground, and someone kills the centipede with a container that was strategically placed right next to the bug. And that was that.
      Last edited by SurvivorKylie; 05-31-2007 at 06:55 PM.

USA
      May 28, 2007.

The Beauty Pageant, Non-Lucid:

I was on vacation in NY the past few days, so I haven’t been able to upload my dreams electronically until just now. And trust me… the vacation didn’t do much for my dream-recall or lucidity count, but no matter, ‘cause it was fun anyway. Sunday night’s dream is as follows:

I’m not quite myself in this dream; I mean, I’m me, but my family is different; once again I have three older sisters (what is it with me and older sisters in my dreams? Honest… they’re always mean to me when I dream about them, why does it keep coming up?) Anyway, we’re living this completely different lifestyle. The two sisters closest to me in age are gorgeous, typical beauty-queens. The oldest sister isn’t; she didn’t become a part of this pageant life and instead focused on the behind the scenes stuff. I like her the best, because she’s nice to me. My other two sisters look down upon her and treat her like dirt. They don’t like me either, but only ‘cause they’re jealous. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, the oldest sister (she didn’t have a name, but for our purposes, let’s call her Jane), tells me that there’s been a change in the requirements for the beauty pageant tonight. Instead of wearing a high-necked dress, we need to wear a low one with come kind of gaudy necklace to go with it. Jane only tells me this; she does not tell the other two sisters. I have enough time to find a new dress and a necklace to go with it, but my other sister’s don’t. A few hours before the show they burst into my room and yell and scream about how I should have told them and that it was mean and rude and terribly horrid of me to keep the change a secret from them.

Personally I could care less, because I don’t like them anyway. However; as the argument progresses, it appears they’ve come up with a plan. They insist that I don’t go to the pageant and give one of them my dress so they can have something suitable, or, if I do go—then I’ll be sent away to some sort of boot-camp thing. They hand me a flyer that has pictures of people in long lines carrying rocks and boxes up this mountain. There’s words on it too, but I don’t remember what they said. It was very clear in the dream that if I went, they’d make my life miserable forever.

They storm out of my room and I start to cry, because I really want to go ‘cause I know I’ll win, but I don’t want my life to be a living hell. (I need to start doing RCs when I cry. I hardly ever cry in real life, but it seems like every dream I’ve had recently I completely break down). Moving on; I’m upset and sitting on my floor looking out a crack in my door, and I see the two sisters sitting in another room with their boyfriends. At that point the pageant and all that isn’t important, and I can’t imagine how those two boys could possibly like my sisters. They’re mean, sarcastic, haughty, gossiping girls and I don’t understand it at all. One of them sees me through the door and stands up; I move the rest of the way back in my room and am sitting on the bed (which is huge and soft and fluffy), when he comes in the room. He asks what’s wrong and I tell him that he must be an idiot to like my sister.

He then proceeds to explain that he’s only with her for her money (we are a really rich family in this dream. It really was an interesting scenario, even though I was so miserable throughout it). He goes on to say that I shouldn’t let them push me around and that I should go to the pageant anyway; then proceeds to rummage through my closet looking for a pair of shoes that match my dress. Eventually he comes out with my old pointe shoes (I don’t know why, because they’re ugly and torn up and the shank is broken anyway, but for some reason it made sense in my dream). I tell him he’s absolutely right; he leaves, I grab my blue swim-team duffle bag with my name on it and promptly begin to shove all my important belongings into the bag. I grab a few pieces of clothes, and then debate about what else to bring. In the end I decide on my Bible (because it’s important), and the book Memoirs of a Geisha (because it was a version of my lifestyle (in the dream), and I felt a connection to it). I put them in the bag, along with my dress and my shoes (the dress happened to be the one I wore to homecoming sophomore year), and march out of the room and into my sisters room. I hand them the flyer they gave me and their faces turn to disbelief; although I didn’t say anything they got the picture that I was going to the pageant anyway and then not coming back to live with them. Recall ends.

May 30, 2007.

Aladdin, Lucid:

I’m in a sort of open-air marketplace, although parts of it are inside a building (much like a school) as well. The monkey from Aladdin (Abu) is swinging around the tops of the stalls running away from some people. I’m following him, but only because I’m trying to help him get away for some reason or another. Eventually we end up inside, and he jumps inside a sock-thing hanging from one of the top of the stalls. The guards don’t have any idea where he is, but then he suddenly pops his head up and they see him. I’m aggravated, because the damn monkey won’t just stay in one place; he was well hidden, they wouldn’t have found him, then he has to jump out again just so he can keep the flipping chase going a little longer! A few moments later he jumps in another one, and I whisper-yell, “Just stay there this time, you stupid animal!” Thankfully he does, and the guards can’t find him and give up searching. Walking out of the school with Abu, they catch sight of us again, the monkey runs away, and I’m left trying to get away from the guards myself.

I run back outside again and fly off away from them, over the market, heading towards nothing in particular—just trying to get away. Without doing a reality check or anything I become aware I’m dreaming—I’m in the air, flying, so there’s no way I could be awake. I don’t have much control, though, and I realize that I’m actually having fun with the way the dream is going anyway, so I keep running away from the guards and do some flips in midair along the way; my whole body tingles when I flip, and I find the sensation really cool. This continues until I get bored of the flipping and the guards are about to grab me, so I look down and—voila! There’s what appears to be a high-priced, fancy school below me with kids in uniforms roaming all over the place hugging their parents; either it’s parent’s weekend or they’re being let out for the summer… something like that.

I land on the ground, and the guards are still chasing me. I’m annoyed with them now, but I still don’t have control enough over the dream to get rid of them, even though I try. I keep running, and I try to get back off the ground again but I can’t seem to do it. I look for hills, hoping that if I find one I can get to the top and then jump off- that might make it easier to get back in the air again. After two unsuccessful hills I find one that’s pretty high and jump off it, getting it right (three time’s a charm!) and flying into the air again.
      I loose lucidity around this point and I turn around to pull faces at the guards, who are stuck on the ground. Recall fades…

You’re dreaming, damn it! Lucid:

This dream is barely lucid, but I did have it for a few seconds, even if I didn’t do anything with it. I am in my mom’s bed with my sister and my mom; it’s early morning and we’ve just woken up. I do a nose RC and it works—I try again to make sure, and sure enough I’m convinced that I’m dreaming. I tell my mom, “Hey, this is a dream!” and she smiles and gets excited, saying things like “Wow, this is great, we’re all lucid! We’re dreaming, JO!” My sister, however, (JO for our purposes), doesn’t want to believe this. She’s been trying to get lucid for a while in real life anyway, so my dream-self was keen on getting her dream-self to realize it. Once I begin the convincing I drift out of lucidity again; I wouldn’t have wasted my time doing this if I had really been lucid. It was a weird thing, trying to convince someone they were dreaming but forgetting I was dreaming myself; but it certainly happened. I say to her “You’re dreaming, JO. Look—pinch your nose, you can breathe!” She refuses to believe me and I give up trying to get her to understand.
      Last edited by SurvivorKylie; 05-31-2007 at 07:12 PM.

USA
      June 1, 2007.

Dream 1, Non-lucid:

Another boring dream if there ever was one. I am in my bedroom; which is different, because I’m usually not in my dreams. KJ from PAD’s is with me, and so is M (LB's roommate at school). They’re sitting on my bed, and I’m sitting on my chair, and we’re all smoking pot. I don’t really know what to think of it in the dream (keep in mind I’ve never smoked anything in my entire life), although I do remember thinking, “well, this isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I could see how people would get addicted to this, even if it is a lot of work to keep it in your mouth.” I don’t know, really. All of a sudden KJ gets up and yells at me to check my myspace. We scroll down and she shows me a picture, saying “That’s me! I’m your friend!” I don’t care, because I’m not really great friends with her in real life or in the dream, but I fake excitability to keep her happy.

At that point I look around and realize the room is full of smoke and it smells like you’d never believe in the whole upstairs, and I don’t know what my mom’s going to do when she gets home. I decide to open all the windows in the entire house, throw out the clothes I’m wearing, and take a shower and hope the smell is gone by the time she gets home.
      Last edited by SurvivorKylie; 06-01-2007 at 04:04 PM.

USA
      June 7 2007.

Dream 1, Non-lucid:

I am outside my friend JW's house, on the opposite side of the street (where I usually park so I don't have to back up to turn around. I'm walking up to my car, and she appears out of her house. I'm surprised to see her, for some reason. She is holding a towel and asks if I want to come over and go swimming. I'm up for the idea, but I say, "Just let me get the bagles out of my car first." She talks about loving bagles and she crosses the street to walk with me. Recall ends.

Dream 2, Non-lucid:

I am at RRC pool, except it looks different than it does in real life. I was sitting on the guard stand, but I hear a woman screaming bloody murder so I jump off to see what's wrong. She's standing on the concrete pointing to a frog on the side of the pool. That's nothing out of the ordinary; we have frogs at the pool all the time. It's not even big, so I kind of scoff at her and go over to pick it up. I get it and put it down in the brushes a few hundred feet away. When I come back, however, there's frogs all over the place; the pool is literally teaming with them. I have a sudden feeling of being overwhelmed and not knowing what to do, and the dream ends.

Dream 3, Lucid:

I almost forgot all about this dream until just now! I did manage to become lucid, but it wasn't a very high state of control and all and I didn't really get anything done. I was with my family in a parking lot, but I didn't have any shoes on. The asphalt was hot, and I couldn't walk across it because I burned my feet. Instead I jumped across it, but my feet never actually hit the ground. I realized that it was an odd way to be traveling in my dream, so I tried to jump even higher and turn it into flying-- it worked, and I became lucid.

I did remember about the lucid task, and I could tell that I wasn't going to stay lucid (or even asleep, for that matter) for very long, so I wanted to try to get it done quick. There was no fire anywhere, but there were cars all around-- and the first thing that came to mind was to blow one up, because no doubt that would start a fire. It exploded, alright, and there was definitely a raging fire in front of me, but I didn't walk through it. For some reason I couldn't figure out to climb ontop of the car in the dream, and I just kept thinking, "I don't know how to get into the flames."
      So it failed... but at least it's a start. :-)
      Last edited by SurvivorKylie; 06-07-2007 at 05:50 PM.

USA
      June 11, 2007.

Dream 1, Non-Lucid

I had a Harry-Potter themed dream tonight, which hasn’t happened in quite some time. I am at a high school, (although it looks very much like my old middle school), with my sister, SC, AB, a dream-girl with frizzy blonde hair, and a few other people I don’t recognize. We’re in a hallway with blue lockers, and there are teachers in classrooms with the doors open throughout. I decide it’ll be fun to run down the hallway running my hand over all the lockers, although I do make an effort to be quiet because I don’t want to disturb the teachers. SC is standing down at the far end looking confused, and I say something about making signatures for the all of us. He doesn’t understand and asks me to explain but I just giggle and keep on running.

Professor Snape suddenly walks out of the nearest classroom door and I stop running as quick as I possibly can. He glares at me for a moment, then goes over to my locker (which has an envelope attached to it, writes a note, and slips it inside. He walks away. I run over and pull the note out, but I don’t actually read it—I just hold onto it. SC is still freaking out about what I meant by the signature comment, and I tell him I meant nothing at all—I was just trying to get him in a tizzy.

The scene changes suddenly and we are in a darkish room. It’s like the lights are dimmed so you can only just see the people around you. AB, SM, SC, TS, SL, PR, and I are in the room, and she says, “Alright, time for the new term!” There’s a sound like a bell ringing, and then she says “It’s done! You’re off the hook, SM. Welcome aboard, SL and TS!”

The scene changes again; now we’re back in the school, but we’ve realized we have to go to class. We all go down to the gym, but apparently some people have gym and other people have to go run outside (I know, they sound the same, but in the dream they’re different). I, along with SL and the blonde dream girl, have gym, so we stay inside, and Sam takes our backpacks with him. We stand around in the gym, and EF comes out and asks if SL is my sister, ‘cause she thinks she’s beautiful. I say yes and preen over her for few minutes.

Gym is suddenly over and we’re sitting on a bench waiting for SC and the others to come back (we’re sitting outside the Art classroom). We keep squishing over so there will be enough room on the bench for everyone. SL opens her yearbook and finds a note from JH’s sister. I say, “Oooh, she’s really nice, you’ll like her!” even though I don’t really know her at all in real life. Not a moment later everyone decides it’s time for class to start, but I still don’t have my backpack because I gave it to SC—then it appears on my lap and I think, ‘Oh, the wonders of RPG.” Weird dream.

Dream 2, Non-Lucid:

I think certain aspects of this dream came about because of the book I’m reading (The Poisonwood Bible). The other people in the dream besides me and my mom were all supposed to be half-savage, Congolese people. I suppose savage isn’t really the right word, but that’s how they appeared to me in the dream. Anyway—somehow a group of us (me and the Congolese), get in some sort of fight on our way to a meeting. I don’t remember the fight itself, only what happened afterwards. I have been stabbed in the leg, but this other guy has been stabbed in the leg and the neck. We make it to the meeting place, and my mother is there along with a lot of people I don’t recognize. I’m freaking out and limping around holding one hand over my thigh because it hurts, saying that we need to call an ambulance and get a wheelchair because the other guy is going to die. My mother, however, doesn’t want us to call 9-1-1 because she wants to take a picture and needs the guy who’s been stabbed to be in it as well. If we call EMS they’ll take him away and he won’t be in the picture.

Take Two, Lucid

Here’s my second try at the lucid task for June. I am outside my house, standing in the middle of the street. I don’t know how I become lucid, but somehow I do, so I fly upwards quickly just as a car comes around the corner. It stops below me, and I ask the man inside, “Is your car plastic?” He says yes, so I let myself fall on top of it, and the whole roof collapses inwards and the guy gets really mad at me. He starts yelling, so I ignore him and try to find something else to do—why not go for the lucid task again? There’s a big tree nearby, so I grab a box of matches (which conveniently appeared in my pocket), light one, and drop it against the tree, then blow on it because I think it will help. Needless to say it doesn’t work. I try for a few more minutes, then give it up as hopeless and start flying around again.

Take three, Lucid

And my third attempt at the lucid task for June. This dream came right after the previous lucid, but it was really unclear at the start. I spin around and rub my hands at the same time, which worked enough to give me a dream-scene. I start to walk down my street (I appeared in the same place I left off last time), and yell “Increase clarity” (I might add that while I said that I thought of Clairity, ‘cause I had just read that old thread the day before about why people chose their screennames, and her comment about people always calling her into their dreams). Anyway, I chuckle a bit at that, but it actually worked really well—it’s like that commercial for Claritin where the screen goes from grey-ish to bright and colorful—I actually notice the trees change, and they very nearly sparkled!

I knew from my last attempt I wasn’t going to have luck creating it myself, so I decide to ask someone else. There’s a woman walking towards me with this huge plant, so I go over to her and ask if she would do me a favor. She agrees, puts the plant down, and I ask her if she’ll make a big magical fire all over my front lawn. I explain that the flames need to be high and that it needs to keep going for a couple of minutes. She says something about it being difficult but she’ll give it a shot. I turn around a pace back and forth looking at a field across from my house, then turn back when she says she’s ready.

It’s not nearly as dramatic as I had planned; only a few places of the lawn are actually on fire, but where the flames are is pretty cool. They’re about seven or eight feet high, and in these huge flat sheets in random spots on the grass. I yell thank you to her as I run over to the one nearest the front door. I slow down before I reach it and shove my hand through the flame—but it’s hot! I yelp and pull out my burned hand, looking at the fire and thanking my lucky stars I didn’t run head on, ‘else my face would have been melted off. I try for a few minutes to make the flames cooler, but instead of fixing things the fire just disappears.
      So much for that.

USA
      June 15, 2007.

The Fight, Non-lucid

I am in my room with my sister. My computer is on, and AB is talking to me on MSN—the orange light keeps blinking to show that I have new messages from her. I’m trying to talk to her and talk to my sister at the same time; but JO is mad at me, so I’m half-arguing, half-trying to get out of the conversation with AB. I’m not exactly sure what the argument is about, although I think she’s angry because I won’t let her have my camera or something of the sort. Eventually she takes a handful of things on my desk and walks out of my room in a huff. I run after her and start yelling about how she can’t take my stuff and the whole thing works itself into a huge screaming argument. My mother comes walking in and asks what the problem is… I point at my sister and say “JO,” and she does the same to me; meanwhile, I begin to cry.

The scene changes and now I am outside on my deck. I’m still angry at her, but I am trying to cool down by being outside and away from everyone. Instead of there being stones at the bottom of the deck there is mud; and I see a group of four or five unfamiliar boys walking by. I take off my socks so they don’t get dirty and walk across the mud; they start smiling and nudging each other as I come their way. At this point I know my sister’s looking out the window (as well as my mother, but I don’t care about her right now), so I walk right up to the boys and smile at them, saying hello and introducing myself.

At this they positively titter, and I’m perfectly aware that under all normal circumstances I’d blow them off and dismiss them as immature and stupid, but I also know that walking with them will make my sister jealous beyond all belief. So I walk with them, and invite them inside for a drink. My mom’s all excited about this because she thinks I’m finally being social, the boys are happy because they’ve met a pretty girl, and I’m happy because I know it’ll make my sister mad.

Dream 2, Non-lucid:

This dream was actually really cool. It was not lucid, but it was the second time I’ve ever been able to “teleport” in a dream; so even though I wasn’t aware and doing it consciously, it was still pretty neat. We start out in a dark room; I’m not completely myself in this dream, but I can’t really describe who I am instead. There are a couple of other people around; maybe four or five, both boys and girls. There is a sort of computer in front of me, but it is very flat and doesn’t seem to do very much; it’s mostly just a screen. We’re all examining it because we are stuck in this room and can’t do anything to get out; clearly the computer is the way to figure it out.

Suddenly the dream shifts, and now we’re perched on the edge of this ice-crevice thing. Down below we see an ocean with buildings rising out of it—the cool thing about it, though, is that all the buildings look as if they’re built of legos. A dinosaur is on the rampage down among the buildings (blue and also made of legos), smashing up all the buildings and causing general catastrophe. Suddenly I push a button and a new compartment pops out of the computer—I yell for someone else to come look, and with that more and more screens and keys keep popping up out of one another. The others think it’s great, but they don’t know how to work it.

I look back down at the dinosaur again, then see a map on one of the computer compartments. It’s a map of the world, and all the continents and major places are like buttons; you can press them. I look over at a little black boy who’s sitting near the edge and he points down at the dinosaur again. I say, “Ooh! This is Hawaii twenty-thousand years ago—Lenny (that’s the name of the boy in the dream), is from here, and this is what it looked like before it was destroyed.” By this point in time the dinosaur has gotten tired of the buildings and decides to romp on over to us up on our ice shelf—everyone starts to freak out and I run over to the map and press on “Asia,” hoping it’ll get us out of there. Nothing happens and I keep pressing it over and over again, getting more and more panicked, until everything goes black and then suddenly we’re in the middle of an empty field. No more dinosaur, no more ice… we’ve clearly moved. Recall ends.

USA
      Thursday, July 26, 2007. Total Recall: 3.

Dream 1: One Small Child, One HUGE Mess, Non-Lucid.

We are standing outside a restaurant. There are a lot of us, and we’re all family; extended family, but related none the less. Most of the people there are random dream-family-members that I don’t actually know in real life but who I know in the dream. My mom, however is the same, and this family from the pool is there as well—I am related to them in the dream. We are standing in the lobby of an expensive shop/restaurant; I think there’s a restaurant in the back, and a retail store in the front. Anyway, we walk in and find that the whole place is completely flooded. There’s water up to our ankles, and the people that work there are running all over the place with wet and dry vacs trying to clean the place up and yelling about getting a little girl who caused the mess.

C, (the mom from the pool), suddenly realizes it’s her daughter (my cousin, in the dream). So we all start yelling for T, and eventually find her in the thick of it—somehow she had caused this flood and we’re kicked out of the place.

The scene changes, now we’re in a kitchen. There is a spider in a bowl of some kind of food, and I catch it in a box full of water (??) and put it next to my plate and continue eating. Halfway through the meal I start to get worried that the spider somehow laid eggs in my tongue, and I’m so freaked out that I can’t finish eating.

Thoughts: My brother told me a story about a woman who had a cockroach lay eggs in her tongue, and little larvae hatched in her gums and stuff… I think that’s why I dreamt of the spider towards the end.

Dream 2: Moved to Washington, Non-Lucid.

I am with JW in a sort of shopping mall, but I’m having trouble walking. We go over towards an elevator but it is full; she says “There’s a much easier way to do it,” and stands in front of the glass doors. Suddenly a black pole shoots up below her feet and she’s whisked away—she went up with the elevator, even though she wasn’t in it. She comes back down and tells me to do the same thing. I stand in the same spot she did, but she yells and says that my face will be chopped off if I stand like that—I have to move back further. I push myself as far back against the glass as I can, everything goes black, and suddenly I’m up on the second floor.

She appears next to me, and asks where my room is. I say it’s on the third floor, but we can’t remember if it’s the third floor or the third floor balcony. We wander around for a while and decide that we’re on the wrong floor, because my room clearly isn’t there.

The scene changes, and now I’m in an unfamiliar house. I go to wake my sister up, and I tell her that she should’ve been up hours ago, because they moved to Washington so it’s really like 12:00 instead of 9:00.

Thoughts: No idea.

Dream 3: The Chase, Non-Lucid.

My name in the dream is Mary. I am in a car with two people: an unnamed dream-girl who is driving, and a dream-boy in the back with me named Noah. I know them both in the dream, but they are not people I know in waking life. We are laying in the backseat of a car, because there are people looking for us; they are bad people, I might add. They want something from us, and we’re on the run so they don’t get it. I get out of the car and open the trunk, and pull out a pair of pink shorts and a beige tank top—and say to some random girl standing next to me “We have to keep getting changed so they don’t recognize us by the clothes we wear.” I get back in the car and get changed; meanwhile Noah, next to me, is doing the same thing.

The scene changes. Noah and I are now floating in some vast body of water; an really, really cold ocean in the middle of the night. So it’s really dark, really cold, and we’re both just floating there, hanging onto these rope-like pieces of driftwood, when a disembodied voice says something about moving together and acting as one. Noah says something about grabbing that particular piece of wood because it enables him to do as the voice told us to.

The scene moves back to the car again. This time we are parked. The same girl is sitting in the front seat, and Noah and I are on the floor in the backseat, hiding again. I pull a heavy red blanked over my head, and Noah covers himself with clothes. A few of his fingers are still visible, and I hear someone outside the car say—“Look, there’s a dead person in there!” because they see his fingers. I hear them move away, and I quickly cover them with the blanket. The person comes back again, but as they can no longer see anything, they dismiss it, thinking they were only seeing things.

The scene changes again, time has gone by. We’ve been captured by the bad guys, somehow. The girl who was always driving the car is gone. Noah and I are by a pool that looks very much like the one I work at. It is winter, and the sun hasn’t quite come up yet; it’s just before dawn, if my guess is correct. Noah has been forced into the pool by the people chasing us, and I’m standing on the concrete by the edge of it in my underwear. I don’t care about the fact that I’m practically naked in the dream, though—it seems like an unimportant, trivial thing compared to the fact that we’ve just been captured and Noah is in a freezing cold pool of water in the middle of winter.

There is a girl in the pool with Noah—she’s in the water fully clothed, and keeps pushing him under, trying to make him tell her where the thing they want is. I’m yelling and screaming at them to stop, so somebody punches me in the stomach, and for some reason it makes me loose my voice. I fall down and start coughing, and another girl a few feet away pulls out a gun and points it at me in another attempt to make Noah loosen his tongue.

At this Noah suddenly stops speaking altogether, and the bad guys realize that something’s wrong with him. His breathing slows down and his eyes glaze over; they realize that he’s going to die soon, so they pull him out of the water and have him sit on a raised slab of stone. Then they sort of disappear for a moment. I run over to Noah and pull him close to me, because he’s so cold and I don’t want him to die. I kiss his cheeks and his forehead and his eyes and I cry and say his name over and over again. A purple box has appeared next to me—it is the thing the bad guys wanted. I push it away from me with my foot, and they take it and disappear.

The scene changes yet again. We are back in the car. Noah is awake and dry, and I have clothes on again, and the driver-girl is back. Another disembodied voice, male, says “I had to give them the real game, so you’ll have to try to get it back.” Whatever the “game” was in the purple box is very important, apparently. We’re about to start driving, but Noah says “Wait” and hold up a screen with a sparkly ball on it—the sparkly thing is approaching us. “They’re moving fast, but they can’t see us,” he said, and suddenly this huge white shape rams into the side of the car.

A giant polar bear (who has randomly appeared in our backseat), says to me, Noah, and the driver, “Now I know why I wouldn’t have been of much use.” And I wake up.

Thoughts: Talk about a crazy dream. It was kinda scary when I was having it, but kinda cool upon waking up. It makes me wonder, though—I have so many dreams where I am so close to these people, but I don’t have any idea who they are. Almost all my dream characters are people I have never seen in real life, yet in the dream I always feel so close to them—there is always such a high level of attachment. I wonder where it comes from.

USA
      Saturday, July 28, 2007. Total Recall: 2.

Dream One: Keeping Quiet, Non-lucid.

I am at my house—it is slightly different, but, for the most part, resembles the house I live in now. My sister, my mom, an unnamed dream character, and I are trying to escape from the house. My brother might have been there as well, but… I’m not exactly sure. There are two other people with us—a man and a woman, older couple, perhaps in their late fifties, early sixties. They do not, under any circumstances, want us to leave. For this reason we have to escape as quietly as we possibly can.

They know, however, what we are planning. We are trying to pack everything we think we will need for a long period of time, and they keep trying to hinder us in every way possible. We shoot random spells at them, trying to hide the sound of our footsteps or simply keep them away from us. Every time we perform a spell a jet of different colored light shoots towards whatever it is the wand was pointed it; it was clearly related to Harry Potter. I even distinctly remember whispering “Muffliato” when I walked into my room to stop them from hearing me. I see two oranges laying on the ground and wonder if I should put them in my bag, but I decide against it.

Downstairs, we have everything ready, and I am wearing a backpack and have my blue swim bag slung over my shoulders. I recognize that the swim bag is lighter than it should be and wonder if someone took something out. The older couple is no longer visible anywhere, but we know that everything around us can tell them where we are; animals can see is, trees can hear us, and they will tell them where we go. We’re going to risk it anyway, of course.

We run out the front door and across the street—there are many more trees around than in waking life. We run through a short skimp of woods and emerge in a meadow of sorts. There is a man in a red jacket running after us, in lieu of the older couple. Although we don’t want to run over the open ground for fear of being hit with some sort of spell, we don’t have any other choice, so we do it anyway. About halfway there we realize that we’ll never make it, so we all grab onto my Mom and she apparates us out of there. We appear in another stretch of unfamiliar woods with a log cabin to our right. Recall ends.

Thoughts: I actually think all the bursts of different colored light were in my dream because of that movie I watched last night—the clone one with the guns that shoot laser things. I kept thinking during the movie that the guns reminded me of Harry Potter, and I think it carried over in my dream. I was happy with it when I woke up—especially the fact that we managed to teleport, even though I wasn’t lucid. That’s a rare treat for me!

Dream Two: Escape from Azkaban, Non-Lucid.

I am in a cold, rather damp, huge building. It’s dark-ish inside, with stone walls and big, heavy wooden doors. I am sitting in a room with tiered benches. With me are a bunch of people that look very much like Charlie Brown characters. There is a man standing in the front of the room talking to us about something.

The scene changes, and now I am standing in a large lobby-like place. There is a cage with a brightly-dressed woman inside it. She’s got on purple and yellow and red scarves and a long colorful skirt, and apparently she has to stay in this place. Someone tells me to go get some sort of spear-thing so they can poke her with it. I go towards where it us, but I don’t get the weapon. Instead I end up inside a room with a huge wooden door, trying to remember how Harry Potter escaped from Azkaban because I’m going to have to do it too.

The scene changes again. Now I am outside the prison, and two rather scary-looking blonde men walk right past me, joking with each other. It kind of looks like my college campus outside, only it’s empty except for those two men. A carpet appears. I kneel on it, and it begins to float in the air. I think—hey, cool! I’m on a flying carpet! I’ll have to try this in my next lucid dream! It’s hard to control the carpet—I can’t figure out how to steer it or get it to go higher up—mostly it seems to do whatever it wants to. I have a good time flying on it for a while, then remember I’m supposed to be helping people escape from “Azkaban.” Recall ends.

Thoughts: Must’ve had Harry Potter on the brain last night, with two related dreams! To imagine I didn’t become lucid with that carpet… and even thinking that I should try it in a lucid dream! Talk about pathetic. Hehe.

Sunday, July 29, 2007. Total recall: 1

Dream One: (Fragment)

I am up really high, and I somehow know something terrible is going to happen to me, so I decide to kill myself first and jump off this building. I jump, but a few inches from the floor I suddenly stop in midair and say to my mom “But—I mean, I’m going to die anyway. Will it really be a sin if I just save myself from all that pain and kill myself first?” She says something to the affirmative, so I just stand up and give up on that idea.

The scene changes, now I am standing by the edge of a desk trying to get something done for a woman I work for. I end up drawing something on a piece of paper and putting a few bathing suits in the washing machine.

Thoughts: I did about 18 loads of laundry yesterday, including all of my bathing suits…
      Last edited by SurvivorKylie; 07-29-2007 at 12:13 PM.

U.k
      DJ Entries
      Ooo a harry potter dream, I seem to be having a lot of them recently!

Aquanina's closet
      WOW you have amazing recall of your dreams, so long and descriptive! A lot of poeple are having HD dreams at the moment too.

USA
      Thanks Adam! And yes-- I've been reading lots of HP dreams in the different journals around here. What with the release of the new book and movie it's been on everyone's mind.

Going on vacation this week, so it'll be a little while before I have time to upload my dreams electronically again.

USA
      Monday, July 30, 2007.

I am standing outside one of the RRC houses. The Swedish family is there (with the two little boys, I and F. Anyway, it is winter and there is snow all over the ground. I’m walking though it thinking to myself I’m glad the Swedes are going to be coming along too (there’s two families going), because they’ll be able to translate and they like me better than the other family or something like that. I walk up to this side gate and a woman gives me a hug and says thank you for sitting at the pool all day and watching her kids.

Thoughts: I am going on vacation tomorrow, even though it’s to the beach and not skiing or whatever (which is what we were supposed to be doing in the dream).

Dream Two: Gibberish, Non-Lucid

The dream starts out in third person, with me watching over a huge pool. Like—really enormous. You’d almost think it was an ocean it’s so huge. Anyway, there’s this platform in the middle of it. One chair sits behind a ladder, and three chairs sit next to it, with a railing type thing in front of them. All the chairs are occupied. Above, a helicopter hovers, with two women in it; an African American woman who looks strong, and a blonde girl who’s hanging onto the side on a life-buoy thing. Suddenly the black woman is in the pool, and I am the blonde girl. I leave go of the helicopter and jump in to save her, because some how she’s getting pulled into a vent at the far side of the pool.

As I swim I look down at the bottom of the pool—and it’s really freaking deep. Somehow you can tell it goes down at least thirty or forty feet, and it freaks me out a little in the dream, but I think that it’s necessary because you’d need to practice going down deep to save people. I forget about the girl I’m supposed to be getting and just swim back to the platform.

The man in the single chair behind the ladder is distinguished looking—he motions for me to climb up the ladder to stand in front of him. I stand on the lowest rung, but again he motions for me to keep going. I distinctly think to myself that it’s awkward that my head is higher than his, because I’m thinking I’m about to get in trouble. He starts speaking, but I have no idea what he’s saying—it’s all complete gibberish to me. The only word I understand is when he says my name—Clara, in this dream. He motions with his hands too, and then at the end says “You understand?” in a heavy accent. I start to nod my head, but then I decide not to like and shake my head no instead. He smiles and begins again, this time in halting English. I don’t remember what he said, exactly, but it was, contrary to what I expected, something good. He told me to take the empty seat that had been left behind by the girl who I was supposed to be saving, because she failed and I was to take her place. (Even though she had never been sitting there… she was in the helicopter with me). I sit down next to the other two boys feeling rather lucky that I hadn’t gotten in trouble.

Thoughts: ?

Tuesday, July 31, 2007.

I didn’t sleep well tonight. It was our first night on vacation, and I think being in a different place and with other people threw me off a little bit. I had amazing recall anyway, though, so I suppose I shouldn’t really complain. I was sharing a bed with my sister, but I woke up around two am and couldn’t get back to sleep with her, so I moved to the couch downstairs. I decided that since I was up I might as well attempt a WILD. I relaxed enough to get my head spinning and my arms and legs tingling, but that’s it, and I gave up and just fell asleep. Still remembered a lot, though I haven't finished uploading them electronically yet.

Dream One: Babysitting the Bs, Non-Lucid

I am babysitting. There are three boys with me in a large, blow-up pool. There is something in the middle of the pool- a sort of dolphin or whale or some kind of puffy sea-creature, so the water is in a ring around it. We are “swimming” in this part—it’s maybe two feet deep. I am trying to keep my eyes on all three boys, but one or all of them keep going underwater or disappearing altogether. As I tell one of the boys to keep kicking, I realize the youngest boy is gone again. I see him sitting in the grass halfway down the yard. The other two boys and I get out of the pool and flip it upside down to get the water out, though it gets stuck on a small tree, it doesn’t worry us.

I walk over to where the youngest is sitting on the grass, but now SB, JB, and another boy are sitting there as well. I know instinctively that they are all related to one another—as well as the two boys walking with me. It confuses me—“ I didn’t know the Bs had this many kids.”

The scene changes, and now P from ballet is talking about babysitting. She says she wonders if they’d like a babysitter from nine to ten on Monday mornings because she’s looking for a job at that time of the day. I think to myself that it’s absurd to want to sit for one hour one day a week, and that nobody needs a sitter for only an hour, but don’t say anything. Recall ends.

Thoughts: K and I were recently talking, and she said something like, “I’m twenty-two years old, no, I am not going to babysit your kids.” Even though our job is like being a “professional babysitter” anyway. We had the conversation, that’s all, and I think that’s what spurred the dream.

Dream two: Can’t Survive Without Me, Non-Lucid

Recall picks up in the middle—I can’t remember the beginning of this dream. I am in a really strange place—there is water all around, and ladders with houses and such. Someone yells at me for having something to do with Christa from Survivor, who’s house is one of those above us. The scene changes. Now I am in a large garage with a pool in it. It is supposed to be RRC pool, and I’ve just got there since getting back from vacation. I’m completely horrified—the pool is a disgusting mess. There’s pink and black algae growing all over the bottom, there are leaves, trash, and dirt in the water, which is grimy and oily. There is trash all over the deck, and the vacuum is in pieces floating around in the water.

There are two families with strollers milling around, and we exchange pleasantries, but nothing more than that, because I’m wondering how the hell I’m going to get the place cleaned up.

I decide to used the skimmer net first. I start pulling leaves out left and right, then decide this isn’t worth it and that I should just vacuum the whole mess up straight away. I yank out the tube from the pool, then realize that if the pool is this bad the grass catcher must be fit to burst, if not already broken. I walk outside to check it and see that the filter is turned on, but there’s no pressure, no suction, and the pump isn’t working. Since the filter is broken I can’t possibly vacuum.

I begin to walk back up to the pool wondering what do to when Mr. O runs over and tells me the filter is broken. No, really? I hadn’t noticed? He tells me they’re going to have to close the pool for three days so we can get it cleaned up and fixed before opening it to the public again.

Thoughts: I’m on vacation right now and away from work for a week. In the past every time I’m gone from that damn pool (even if only a day or two), something goes wrong—the chlorinator breaks, the keys are stolen, the skimmers are turned off… the list is endless. I’m away for a week this time—longer than ever before, and though I hadn’t thought about it, apparently my subconscious is uneasy about what I might find there when I return next week. Let’s hope it isn’t like this.

USA
      Wednesday, August 1, 2007.

Six total recall and three lucids! What a night!

Dream One: Bad Teamwork, Non-Lucid.

I am working with a group of people to finish a project for French class. We’re supposed to work together, but we don’t, and the day the project is due FP comes in having done the whole thing herself. It has some weird storyline and is only half in French. I translate some of the more obvious things—Je name es to je’mapple, ils est here to ils sont ici—it’s supposed to be a basic class.

The scene changes. Now later, I am in Mrs. C’s classroom. She give me a ball with writing all over it, saying that numbers one and two are about me and that they are true. (There are numbers next to each sentence. The first and second one say something unflattering about me that she wants me to fix… but I don’t remember what it said. >.<) N and K suddenly walk in and begin having an animated conversation with her. Recall ends.

Thoughts: ?

Dream Two: Magic Carpet Ride, Lucid

I am in an unfamiliar place. It’s swamp-like, with patches of glistening water surrounded by yellow-green grass and crocodiles sitting all around. I do a reality check (for some unknown reason), and it fails—hooray!! So I’m lucid. I jump up and start to fly, then remember that after the last dream I had I wanted to try flying on a carpet. I try to summon one under me (since I’m already in the air), but it doesn’t really work—I get a sort of half- ghost carpet, but nothing substantial. I give up on it and decide to try flying on a broomstick again instead. Looking around, I see no place where one might be, but there is a big pile of sticks sitting on a little island near one of the crocodiles. I land and pull out one of the sticks. It’s not a broom at all, but I decide it’ll do and I jump into the air with it anyway. I’m much more successful riding it this time than I was last time—I’m able to move higher and turn left and right, which I couldn’t do last time. Recall ends.

Thoughts: Typical lucid. It was fun! I don’t know where the bayou-swamp setting came into play, but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

Dream Three: Meet ***, Lucid.

I am instantly lucid. I don’t know what triggered it, but—the first thing I remember is knowing I’m dreaming. I am standing outside on an unfamiliar street. I remember the last dream, and know that I just flew, so I want to do something else. My mind goes to the Lucid Tasks—and even though it’s August now, I don’t know what the new tasks are, so I just decide to do the one for July even if it is too late. I am skeptical about my ability to make a portal, so I go for the basic task—find a DV member. I think it’ll be more interesting if I just see who pops up instead of wishing for someone, so I think to myself, “I’m going to go up to that house, and inside will be a forum member who likes me and will be happy to see me.”

I walk to the house—it is a conscious decision to walk, because I have noticed that whenever I fly the dreams tend to end more quickly. The house is bright yellow, and there are huge flowers all over an intensely green lawn. All around are hanging signs that say “T***” and “Welcome” on it, and there’s cats running all over the place. I realize I must not have been specific enough (T*** is a girl from another forum I frequent), but I’m halfway there anyway so I decide just to knock and see what happens. I go up some steps and stand on a semi-porch, then knock on the (bright yellow) door. An Asian woman opens the door and looks at me expectantly. Suddenly I don’t know what to do—because even though I know it’s a dream, I still feel weird knocking on some random person’s house to say hello.

I stutter for a moment or two, and eventually say that she doesn’t know me and I’m sorry for interrupting her before she cuts me off and says “Of course I know you. There’s more than one of you in the world, you know.” I’m stunned by this, and she chuckles a little and walks back in the house, gestures for me to follow, and says, “Come on in.”
      Recall ends.

Thoughts: Really cool dream, actually. I don’t know why my brain thought of T*** when I asked for a forum member who liked me… it’s interesting. Even though I didn’t succeed in the task it was still a blast.

Dream Four: Sorry, Wrong House, Lucid.

Once again, I am instantly lucid. This time I’m standing on my steps, looking outside through the small window above my door. It is dark outside, and there’s nobody else around in my house, so I don’t want to stay inside. I open the door and walk out (noticing that I’m wearing my yellow sweatpants). For some reason or another it’s light when I go outside. I turn right to go into the FH development because… well, that’s where I always go when I’m lucid and I start in my house. It’s second nature to go that way. I’m going for the task again—once again, I think to myself, “In that house I’m going to find a DV member who will be happy to see me.” I specified this time, knowing that last time saying “forum” didn’t work.

I walk across the street and go up to the first house. It has a very dark, old-looking green door, not fitting with the modern house it leads into. There are two doorbells: one towards the top of the door and another at the bottom. I ring the top one and wait. Nothing happens. I ring it again, and notice this time that the door isn’t closed all the way. Still nothing happens. This time I ring the bottom bell, wondering why nobody is answering the flipping door. Still nothing happens. Wondering if it’s ajar for a reason, I push it open and see a girl walking towards me.

Unfortunately, I know exactly who the girl is. She looks a little different, but I say, “DZ?” to make sure it is her and she nods, looking really confused. I sigh and turn around without another word. She stands in her doorway looking after me for some explanation. “Sorry, wrong house,” I yell as I walk next door, and I say something about thinking someone else lived there. By this time I’ve reached the house next door, and I think to myself again: This time someone from DV will answer the door. I knock, and through a window next to the door see a man come to open it. As he pulls it open I see he is wearing a Natural Lawn of America uniform.
      Before anything else happens I loose lucidity.

Suddenly I am standing on the edge of the street, both DZ’s house and the Natural Lawn of America guy’s house behind me. I see a box of sugar cookies sitting on a table—I take one and eat it as I walk down the street. The scene shifts, now I am in my downstairs bathroom, and written on the top of the toilet are the words “Moaning Myrtle.” I hear AB'ss voice saying something about pretending like Moaning Myrtle used the bathroom instead of you, because students aren’t allowed in there and we’ll take heat if they find out. Recall ends.

Thoughts: ? Harry Potter’s still on the mind taking into consideration that last part. Other than that I’ve no idea.

Dream Five: (Fragment)

I am sitting on the couch in our vacation home, mixing up some pancake batter. My dad is standing nearby, and as I pour the batter on top of a red lid-thing he yells at me for doing it wrong. Broken recall… now he’s on the phone, talking to clients. He hangs up and tells me that they want to see a movie with him and my mom. I ask if they know we’re down the shore too, and he says no, and I get mad because I don’t want to be stuck in a house all night with nothing to do while he goes out on work business.

Thoughts: Well… we are supposed to be on vacation right now, but my dad keeps working through it. He had a call this morning that stopped him from coming to the beach with us, and T and some other guy I don’t know ring every ten minutes about something that’s not working with Quest Diagnostics… so maybe it’s my frustration coming out.

Dream Six: (Fragment)

I am at RRC sitting on a chair next to the stand. JO is sprawled out on the ground below me, and I ask her if she’s going to stay all day with me or call Mom to go home early.
      Last edited by SurvivorKylie; 08-07-2007 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Spelling error

DJ Entries
      Wow, you totally went pro in the lucid department in no time at all. I'm starting to feel inadequate. Good work anyways, what induction methods do you use?

Love the flying stick by the way.

USA
      Thanks, Cusp. I've had natural LDs off and on, and just recently actually started working for them. I can't say that I've noticed any one induction method work best for me. RCs have made the most difference-- and recently WBTB has proven successful as well. Never has a WILD I've tried worked, but I ain't giving up yet!

Two more nights-worth of dreams. I've had pretty lousy recall since coming home from vacation.

Saturday, August 04, 2007.

Dream One: Paddle faster! Non-Lucid

I am in a big pool, but it has a current in certain places like the ocean. Alecia from Survivor is in a boat with me, along with a few other random DCs. We are racing another team in a different boat, trying to get to these two small floating pool before them. I paddle into the middle of the pool, and there’s a really swift current going to opposite way we want to go. I bump into some people swimming, Alecia jumps out of the boat, and we end up on the wrong side.

We steer around to go back towards the swift current, even though I tell them not to, and eventually we make it up to the small floating pools. The other team has reached them first, but at least we made it, and we don’t feel that bad about loosing.

Dream Two: The Concert, Non-Lucid

I am on a big stage with Michael Petriello and some DCs. We are supposed to be playing a piece of music, but I haven’t ever played it before and they want us to start the audition. I’m sitting at the piano trying to figure out the chords while Michael and a DC keep telling me to hurry up, that we need to start. Eventually I give up and decide to sight-read it as we go along, and we start to play the piece.

Thoughts: I’ve been wanting to sit down and practice piano for the past few days, seeing as I haven’t touched it since school let out.

Sunday, August 05, 2007.

I am telling T*** about the lucid dream I had with her in it the other day—the yellow house one, and she thinks it’s weird that she appeared as an Asian woman.

Thoughts: Well, I had been planning on posting a thread in the forums about “sharing your dreams,” and I finally did it today, after having this dream. *shrug* I was going to do it anyway, though, so maybe thinking about making the thread spurred it.

Dream Two: (Fragment)

My dad, my mom, my brother, and I are standing in our living room/ kitchen. I am in the living room, right next to the piano and behind the half-wall that divides the living room and the kitchen. My dad is in the kitchen, next to the island. My brother is in between us, and my mom is off to the side, near the entrance to the dining room. My dad is holding a gun, pointing it at my brother, and I am holding a gun, pointing it at my dad. My mom is crying. I think I shoot my dad, but only injuring him.

Thoughts: Eek. Bad dream.

USA
      Tuesday, August 07, 2007.

Dream One: Hibernation, Non-Lucid

I'm on a farm. It's late fall, and is going to be getting really cold soon, so we have to do something with all the animals to keep them warm. We decide to move them into this small shed-thing. I am walking to get the sheep, and I see ATB pulling along this giant snail on a leash. I ask what she's doing and she says that we need to save the snails too. I don't find this at all strange in the dream, and continue on.

Eventually we get a bunch of animals in the shed-- there are two cats, a few sheep, the snails, a horse, and a cow. ATB and I start to have an argument about whether the cat litter will need to be changed halfway through the winter. I don't know remember how we settle it, but eventually we do. Suddenly the shed floor moves-- it has turned into an elevator of sorts. Apparently you can choose whether you want the shed floor to be on the first story, second story, or third story. We decide on the first story because if the animals get loose they might fall out if they were up any higher than that.

We walk out and lock the door, and my mom appears and tells ATB that the rock she painted her name on looks really pretty.

USA
      Saturday, August 11, 2007.

We are at a water park, and I go down a slide. JO comes sliding down after me, but she nearly drowns, so I have to grab onto her and swim to the side.

Dream Two: (Fragment)

I am in a one-story house, and Monk (from the TV show), is there with me. Someone is making a casserole in the oven.

Thoughts: Watched a new episode of Monk last night.

Dream Three: Over the Bridge, Lucid

I am in my sister’s room, and my dad walks in and starts yelling at me about not helping them clean up. I tell him I’ll get started right now and he walks out. Ron Weasley suddenly appears sitting at a table that is in my sister’s room. I sit down next to him, kind of confused about how he suddenly got here. I go to look at my hand, but he pushes them down so I can’t see them. I give him a look, then try to pinch my nose instead—again, he holds my hands down to stop me doing the RC. I sit there for a minute glaring at him until he leans forward and tries to kiss me. I think, “This is absurd— this can't possibly be happening, and why on earth would he want to stop me doing an RC unless I really am dreaming?” I let him kiss me so that he leaves go of my hands—and I’m finally able to do an RC, it fails, and I jump up as fast as possible and run out the door as soon as I realize I’m lucid.

I walk outside and start to fly (low to the ground, because when I go too high I lose the dream), towards the woods by TL Road. I immediately want to look for the bridge, and the middle of the woods seems (for some reason) like the best place for it. I reach the trees and start to walk there, looking for a blue bridge I know is somewhere inside. I reach a place where the whole floor of the forest is water—it’s not really like a lake or river, it’s just- water where grass ought to be—kind of hard to explain. Right above it is the blue bridge, except it has curved edges and there’s water running through it—it’s a waterslide.

I had actually wanted the bridge to appear as a slide after reading someone on the forums say it looked slippery—I thought to slide all the way down it would be fun. The water I wasn’t expecting, but I’m not complaining! I jumped on and slid through the woods—towards the end I started to fall off, but by then I could see this giant ice-sheet and a drop below the bridge into water. The bridge ended slightly before the land, so I’d have to jump in order to avoid landing in the water. I jump, I slide across the sheet of ice, and I end up inside a building by a fight of stairs.

EF walks in through a door in front of me, and right behind her is another EF, except the second one was wearing winter clothes and the first one was wearing summer clothes. She looks at me with an odd expression for a moment, then she walks up the stairs and disappears. I open the door in front of me and walk down some steps—I emerge in a really large, dirty room with lots of people in it. I catch a quick glimpse of myself—and I look like an old woman! I decide to talk to one of the DCs (because that usually makes things more interesting), so I walk up to a man in a suit standing near me and ask him, “Am I really as old as I look?” He scowls and yells in response “I’ll see you in court!”

Then I woke myself up because I felt the dream fading a bit and didn’t want to forget any of it. The best part of it all was riding the water-slide bridge—that was fun!

Dream Four: Not who you’d expect

I am in a huge place—I know that there are parts of the building both above ground and below ground. The goal is to reach the end—some sort of finish point where you’ll have power and be happy. In the dream, however, there are two different “classes” of people, and no one tries to hide it. There are those who are in charge, and those who serve under them—but people of both classes can try to reach the finish before those of the opposite class. That’s the whole point, in fact.

So we are underground. I am with GP and LH—they are in the higher class, and I’m like their servant. We’re almost to the finish—how we know this I don’t know, but we know. We are underground, and reach a section of wall with two ladders. One ladder is pretty and elaborately decorated, and the other is plain and rather less desirable. Naturally LH and GP go to the decorated ladder, and I go to the other one. Neither of them lead anywhere, though—they are short ladders that extend to the ceiling and floor, but don’t actually go anywhere. I climb up onto mine anyway and see writing on the wall that says “Remember your last warning message—it is important,” and suddenly the ladder moves downwards through the floor into the next chamber. I start to panic a little because I have no idea what the “last warning message” was, but I don’t have much time to worry about it before I’m standing in front of a large group of people.

One of them asks me a question—I don’t remember what it was, and I don’t remember exactly how I answered it, but somehow the “last warning message” became clear to me and I simply told them exactly how I felt, and not what I might have been told to say by someone else. They smile and suddenly I know that I’ve reached the finish first.

The scene changes, and I pass GP and LH in a dark, hot, red-ish colored hall. They’re unhappy—everyone who looses is forced into slavery for those who win. While I don’t like the two girls very much, I feel bad—because there are so many people down here who are totally unhappy, and only a few who have won the “game.” Another note—all those who win the game are those who were, previously on the downside of society. It’s like a sort of role-reversal, except it’s full of malice and spite, and not everyone who was a “have-not” suddenly becomes part of the bourgeoisie.

The scene changes again—I knock on a door and walk into a room. Inside is MM and R (from the pool). Both of them have won the game on earlier occasions too, but like me, they don’t agree with what is happening to all the others, and somehow we’ve agreed that we’ll work together to fix the problem. I ask them if I can use their shower, and MM says yes, so I go into the bathroom and start the water running. As I get in the shower and begin to wash, I start thinking of ways that MM, R, and I are going to overthrow the people running this place and get everyone out safely.

Thoughts: This was actually a really interesting dream, but I don't know what to make of it. Another thing I find odd is that this is the second dream I've had with MM in it in a week-- I haven't seen him in over a year, and it's not like we were ever really great friends. I wonder why he keeps cropping up.

Sunday, August 12, 2007.

I am sitting on a couch with ET, AS, and a few other people I don’t know. AS says “We want you to help us find treasure,” and ET laughs and gives me a funny look. I laugh too and say, “Well, you and I would have said the same thing, only using more eloquent language.”

The scene shifts and now we are sitting around a square table. Monk is sitting at the head of the table—I am on is left hand side. I say to him, “Mr. Monk! You were in my dream last night!” He gives me twenty dollars and I give it back because I know I’m supposed to.

Thoughts: Well—I did have a dream about Monk last night, but that I said it and didn’t become lucid is a little disappointing. And—I just finished the part in “A Prayer for Owen Meany” last night where he gives the baseball cards (and the armadillo) back because he knows Owen wants him too—that’s how the twenty dollars seemed, in the dream.

Dream Two: You’re not my sister…

I am in an unfamiliar building, and I randomly ask everyone there if anyone has any duct tape. I need it to fix the chlorinator at the pool because the pipe is broken and I have to tape it together. Surprisingly enough, someone does—BR. She runs out to her car in the pouring rain to go get it, then comes back and hands it to me. I thank her and leave the room.

The scene changes, and now I am in a basement-type room trying to fix the chlorinator by taping it together. It sort of works.

The scene changes again, and now I am looking for my sister. I go under this crawlspace thing and see the back of a chair—the television is on. I start talking to the person in the chair, thinking it is JO, but then the person turns around and I realize it’s not my sister, it’s DT. He looks confused, and I say, “Oh, you’re not my sister!” He laughs a little bit and I crawl into the room fully. I tell him about the broken chlorinator and ask him if he knows how or when it happened, then Professor Snape walks in and asks me to show him what’s wrong with it. There is a large pool in the center of the crawlspace (I know, weird), and I have the choice of jumping over it or going around it to show Prof. Snape. I end up walking around it. Recall ends.

Thoughts: The chlorinator really was broken at the pool yesterday—I burned my hands up trying to fix it ‘cause I didn’t have any gloves and chlorine is corrosive. >.< Anyway, the only thing I had to hold it together was adhesive bandage tape in the first-aid kit (LOL), so I’m planning on bringing some duct tape to work today to give it a better hold. I really do hate my job sometimes. This is definitely where the dream comes from, though—it gave me loads of stress yesterday.
      Last edited by SurvivorKylie; 08-12-2007 at 02:23 PM.

USA
      Ack, I'm behind on this 'cause I haven't been able to use the computer lately. Let's try to catch up, shall we?

Wednesday, August 15, 2007.

Dream One: The Fire

I am on one of the higher stories of a building—at least the third or fourth, but it could have possibly been higher than that. Somehow the little-girl twins from the pool, F and E, are in the room with me with their grandfather. I say something to one of them and she begins to cry. C from Sk walks into the room and says, “I called you back, but you didn’t pick up.” This confuses me, because I never called her and I never heard the phone ring anyway. It’s forgotten quickly, though, because she walks out of the room and I turn my attention to other things. There are sliding glass doors at the back of the room; I look out them and see a copious amount of smoke rising in the sky. I open the doors (and don’t close them behind me), walk out onto the deck, and watch the smoke from there. There is a building on fire about three or four blocks away—I get up and stand on a chair and I can actually see the building and the flames themselves. Recall ends.

Thoughts: The twins and their grandpa were at the pool today, I was looking up lifeguards’ phone numbers so I could try to get someone to work for me (C calling me), and I went to a bonfire last night—NB kept saying her house was gonna catch fire soon.

Dream Two: Balancing Act.

The dream begins in third person—I hear voices speaking about a path being built over a large expanse of land. The path, however, is quite visible, and this worries the voices because they don’t want anyone finding out about it. While listening to the voices I see the actual pathway they are talking about—it goes up and down over hills, across rivers, through forest, and it’s surprisingly long—I am moving very quickly over it, and yet they continue talking for such a long time.

The dream morphs, and now I am standing by a pool. There is an African-American man sitting in a chair watching me as I pack the stuff up—apparently he wants to work at this pool, but he wants to see how difficult it really is before he gets himself into it. I’m trying to carry the backboard into the closet, but I’m having trouble because of my wrist—(it’s been hurting me lately, so I’ve been wearing a brace on it, and the brace is there in the dream). MM appears in the water, and motions for me to come in. There is a bridge (not unlike the path I was whizzing over earlier), in the water, but it is partially submerged. Suddenly the backboard is gone and there are a bunch of other people around—the scene has completely changed. Now we have to complete some sort of obstacle course—it is training for something, though I don’t know what. MM is still in the water, and the black guy who was watching me earlier is now a part of the group that is training. There is a woman with blonde hair in charge, telling everyone what to do.

The first thing to be done is to walk across this skinny bridge under the water. I start, and I manage to get halfway across before it gets really difficult—it’s hard to balance, but then again, it’s supposed to be hard. Still, I do make it the rest of the way, though I’m really wobbly at the end. Someone in the group waiting for their turn says, “Is it really that difficult, or does she just have no balance?” and the girl in charge responds with “Kylie has better balance than anyone I’ve ever met.” I get out of the water and watch as the others try to do it as well.

From there we swim in between these floating platforms as a group, then run over towards a skinny pipe-like structure against the wall. The next thing to do is walk all the way across the pipe without falling off—if you fall in the water you have to go back to the very beginning of the course. I am at the end of the line now, because while I have good balance, the others are faster swimmers than I and have passed me in the other parts of the course. TH is directly behind me in line—he is the last person. Everyone slowly works their way onto this narrow pipe—it is really hard to describe. It is flat on the top, and connected to the wall, but it can’t be more than two inches wide. Towards the end it moves away from the wall, and there is a large pipe that slants downward quickly, into the water. Everyone in line before me falls off quickly— and they all go swimming back to the start. My turn comes, and it is hard—but you are able to lean against and hold onto the wall behind you, which makes it possible. The going is really slow, though—and I’m almost to the end (TH is behind me—he hasn’t fallen off yet either), when this loud horn blows. All the people who were on different parts of the course suddenly run out and jump into a different section of the pool—we all know in the dream that the horn means to stop whatever you’re doing and do this drill/exercise instead. I, however, don’t want to stop what I’m doing because I’ve almost made it to the end and to jump off now would be seriously irritating. I look at the blonde leader girl and raise my arms in a “What the heck, can I please stay up here?” expression. She glances around, looks at me, glances around again, then holds up one hand to gesture for me to stop, and mouths the words, “Wait—don’t move.” TH and I both just stand up there as she goes to ask a man standing nearby if we can continue or if we really do have to jump off and start over again later. During this time I think about what a long jump down it is, and how I really wouldn’t want to do it, but I would if they told me to.

The girl comes back and motions for us to keep going—hooray! I take a few steps more as the pipe moves away from the wall, then reach the thick pipe that slants vertically downward. Thinking of no other way to get down, I grab onto it and slide down like a fireman, then land in the water below. Behind me, TH does the same thing, and with that we’re the first and only ones to complete the course.

Thursday, August 16, 2007.

I didn’t remember any of my dreams last night, but that’s not to say nothing exciting happened! This morning I consciously entered sleep paralysis, even though it was totally by accident, LOL. I have seasonal allergies and already the fall ragweed is starting to creep in, so I’ve had a stuffy nose the past few mornings when I wake up. That was the case this morning—it was about quarter to seven, which is earlier than I usually get up. I just laid there for a while, then rolled onto my side to go back to sleep. Because my nose was stuffy, I was concentrating completely on my breathing—no other thoughts entered my head—just breathing in, and out, in and out.

My head started to spin—very much like it usually does when I’m drifting off to sleep, and my arms and legs were tingling. It intensified really quickly this time, though, and the tingling turned to numbness fairly quickly while I continued to feel like I was falling/spinning. I didn’t really care—I’m like alright, whatever, let’s see what happens and just kept breathing. The thing that made me realize I had entered SP was when my tongue (which was in the middle of my mouth against my teeth), slid to the side (I was laying on my side)—the muscle had completely relaxed. It was such an odd feeling, I tried to move it back in its original position and found that I couldn’t. I tried to roll over and found that I couldn’t—at that point I started to freak out and tried to wake up by blinking my eyes (which had always worked in the past, but didn’t work now). I suppose, though, I worked myself up into such a tizzy in those few seconds that I managed to convince my body to give it up, and I came out of it all successfully.

So I didn’t WILD, and I wasn’t trying to, and I did get scared, but—now afterwards, I’m really excited about it. Maybe next time I won’t freak out so much and I’ll be able to continue in to a lucid dream!

U.k
      DJ Entries
      ooo a fire dream. I used to get those quite a lot. Have not had one in ages................

USA
      That was the first fire dream I can really remember having... I'll have to pay attention to see if another one crops up.

Sunday, August 19, 2007. 2 total recall.

Dream One: Fragment

I am at RRC pool—the one I work at now. Somehow there are Native Americans involved, and a group of boys keeps running into the pool and jumping into the water in different “poses,” for example, “starfish jump,” “pencil jump,” “can opener,” etc.

Dream Two: I Hate Driving, Non-Lucid

I am driving my mom’s red SUV, trying to get to the allergist. I can’t find it, though, and I’m on the phone with her trying to figure out where it is. I reach a part of the road where I have to either merge onto 422 West or pull into this super-crowded McDonald’s parking lot. (And I’ll have you know I hate driving with all my heart and soul. What a terrible, terrible dream). Back on track, though—I pull into the McDonald’s because I figure it’s the lesser of two evils. I park the car on this tiled floor that’s a sort of deck (a blonde girl wearing a headset directs me into the spot). I get out and sit down on a bench in the building and try to explain to my mom where I am so she can come rescue me. *rolls eyes*

The blonde girl with the headseat comes over and tells me I can’t sit there, so I get up and stand in the middle of the room instead, still talking on the phone. She kind of melts into the background for a while, and I get lazy and sit down at a table again. As soon as I do this she runs over again and tells me I have to get up, that I have to buy something if I want to sit there. I stand up again, but she really won’t leave me alone now—she wants me to get out of the place altogether. She starts pushing me out, so I just let her and go outside, still talking to my mom. I left all my stuff at the table, but I don’t really care at this point because I’m so worked up about getting out of there. She leaves me alone once I’m outside, so I finish talking to my mom, who says that my dad will be there any minute to pick me up.

At this point I realize I left my wallet in the restaurant, so I go back in to get it, somehow knowing that something would have been stolen in my absence. There’s an old couple sitting on the bench where I had left my stuff, and sure enough all the money in my wallet was gone. The old man holds up a few bills and says, “Look, I got some of it for you! We tried to stop him but this is all I could salvage.” I don’t even care at this point, I say thank you, I make sure they didn’t take my check card, then I walk out (once again escorted by the girl in headphones, who has been glaring at me the whole time I retrieved my belongings). My day is standing outside, and thus am I rescued from the horrible nightmare.

Thoughts: Boy do I hate driving. I don’t know what spurred this, but honestly—it’s like a real-life nightmare. What a terrible, terrible dream. And that damn girl who wouldn’t leave me alone—I am actually quite glad I didn’t let her get me upset in the dream. I dealt with it—which is what I would hope would happen in real life.

Monday, August 20, 2007. 2 total recall.

I am in a pool with someone (I don’t know who). We are both really excited, because if we go under water, it will be Christmas Day when we resurface again. We do so, and I yell out, “Hooray, it’s Christmas!” when we are both above water again.

Dream Two: Another Escape, Non-Lucid

This dream is fading quickly, but I’m going to attempt to get what I can of it down. AB, EC, a random dream character named Max, and I are outside in the snow. We’re standing right next to a building being really quiet, and Lucius Malfoy walks by and doesn’t see us. He goes through a narrow alley, then puts two cylindrical canisters down on the ground. Max (the DC), runs/tiptoes into the Alley to get them, while AB whisper-yells to him that it’s a bad idea and that he’s going to get caught.

The scene changes, and suddenly Benji Schwimmer (from So You Think You Can Dance) has materialized and we’re sitting on the ground next to this enormous trash truck. FP and Lucius Malfoy have their wands pointed at us and they’re smirking and saying something secretive to one another. We’re all kind of sitting/laying on top of one another (AB, EC, Max, Benji, and I), so and we’re yelling for Benji , to Apparate us out of there (for some reason he was the only one who could do it) before FP and Malfoy break our wands. Malfoy had just brought his wand up to break ours (somehow), when Benji managed to do it and we all relocated. And the dream ended.

USA
      Tuesday, August 21, 2007. 3 total recall.

Dream One: The Twins

I didn’t like this dream one bit. It was really creepy—to dark for my liking. I am only a third party in this, watching, but still—I could have done without it. We are outside, by a pool, except the pool isn’t really important in the dream. There are twin girls standing by a picnic table with their mother. They appear to be young; maybe ten or eleven years old. They have really dark hair, are wearing dark clothes, and look terribly unhappy and mopey. The look on their faces, and the aura they give off though, completely defies their age. Add to that they’re both pregnant and about to have a baby each. (??)

I’m watching, and the mother is fretting over both the girls, saying that the babies are due any moment. One girl says she doesn’t want to have the baby, and the other girl goes and stands next to a chair. Just like that, her baby pops out, and she walks away, but the umbilical cord is still attached and the baby kind of gets dragged along. Eventually it rips, and the twins’ mother tries to help the baby and her daughter, but her daughter wants to have nothing to do with it. The other girl, meanwhile, still refuses to have her baby.

It didn’t really make sense, and it doesn’t seem like it should be scary, but it really was. The girls—they were so unemotional, it was almost inhuman, and that made the whole dream really unnerving.

Dream Two: Paying Attention, Lucid.

I’m at RRC pool… again. I don’t know how I become lucid the first time, but I realize I am dreaming and walk out the gate, remembering that I wanted to find AB in my next LD. It is nighttime, and as I turn down the path to the parking lot a group of five or six people in marching band uniforms (and carrying drums, cymbals, trumpets, etc), walk up to me. The leader puts his cymbals down on the ground and asks me where he can find “—Someone—.” I can’t remember the name, but in my dream it was a name I recognized somehow—and it was someone I didn’t like or didn’t want to have to deal with. I asked the band-guy if he knew “Someone,” and he said yes, did I know where he was. I told him no, I had never heard of him, then picked up his cymbals and walked away.
      False Awakening: I wake up in a bed in my grandmother’s old-old house. I was ticked off for a minute or two, but then I remembered reading in Clairity’s journal yesterday to always do a RC when you think you wake up (even though I had heard it before that, it didn’t really stick until this time). I did a nose pinch RC—and it failed! So I’m lucid again and totally excited. I decide to try pulling myself out of my body, (or rolling out, whatever you want to call it)—it was such a neat experience. Everything sort of tingled as it was happening… but once I was standing up I felt perfectly normal. I purposely did not look back, though, because I was afraid I would find my body still laying in the bed and that would really freak me out, lucid or not. LOL.

I pay close attention to how real the dream is, because I’ve found the past few times I have LDs I wonder, after I wake up, if the dream really was like reality or if I only thought that it was. Trust me, it was as real as dreams get—I felt the carpet sink under my feet as I walked, there was a slight chill in the air from getting out of bed, the door creaked a little when I opened it. I even heard the movements of the house—you know how that happens sometimes—the house just creaks a little bit, or the floor makes a sound even though you haven’t stepped on it? Exactly. I floated down the steps because I knew other people were in the house and I didn’t want to wake them: I frequently have trouble with DCs letting me leave when I’m lucid, so I knew it would be easier to just let them sleep. I opened the front door and floated down the outside steps (I say floating, not flying, because I’m not moving fast, nor am I particularly high. I’m just sort of hovering above the ground). It is night (it always is—that bothers me), but it isn’t raining and the air is cool; it’s actually quite nice outside. I walk down the sidewalk, and somehow it becomes daylight. There’s a tall boy walking towards me. I say hello and ask him how he is, he responds positively. I say “My name’s Kylie, what’s yours,” and he responds either “Alex” or “Ian,” (I don’t remember which). I remember thinking that he looked like Alex B2, only older and taller.

I continue on down the street, and force myself to believe that I will see AB and PR on the sidewalk too. Sure enough two women appear out of a doorway, except it’s AB and SM, not PR. That’s no big deal, though—I’m not picky. They see a girl smelling a flower and say, “I think that’s her!” (meaning me), but of course it isn’t. I go up and say hello, they’re happy to see me, and SM says, “We need to go to a salon so we can get pretty again!” I’ve never done anything like that before in my life, but I’m up for new experiences in this dream, I agree, and we walk down the street. In order to get into the salon you have to go through this sort of revolving door; except it’s really really small, so you have to crawl through it instead of walk through it.
      I loose lucidity and get into the door, but I get stuck and can’t get out—I just keep spinning, and every time I try to leave through the opening the thing speeds up so I can’t get out in time. Recall ends.

Dream Three: Nightmare

I’m writing this dream down first this morning, because it’s the only one I didn’t write as soon as it woke up. Most dreams, even if I don’t like them when they’re happening, I can appreciate when I wake up, but this dream was not like that—and neither was the first dream I had tonight. Both of them were scary and I still wish I hadn’t had them, even now. I only remember broken fragments of this one: I am with a woman, and we are inviting someone in our house. We don’t know them, but she has this unspoken rule that she does not talk to anyone without inviting them in. We open the garage door for them, and we hear footsteps, and the garage door closes again, but we still don’t see them—so how did they close the door?

Events take place that I don’t remember, and now I am sitting on my mom’s bed while she tries to make it. It’s pitch black outside, but her clock says it’s nine-thirty, so I figure I have to get up and it’s only dark because of the rain—but I do mention that I’ve never seen it that black before in my life. I walk into my room, and my clock only says five o’clock—so I think she tricked me and wanted me to get up earlier. I go back into her room, but my brother and sister are already up too and agree with her that it is later. I tell my mom about a dream I had (there was a fire, and people running all over the place, and somehow someone with the initials JC (the importance being Jesus Christ) was involved). My mom got really worried and told me to be careful because my dad thought something might happen to me, and after this dream I need to be extra careful.

More events take place, and now I am back with the woman and the garage again, except something bad is happening… I don’t remember what. I woke up crying, and I knew why at the time, but now I only remember wanting someone to stop doing something. >.<

* DV Veteran * Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV 50000 Hall Points
      USA
      Kyle, congrats on your FA & subsequent LD!

I also notice that you have great attention to detail when recalling your dreams!

Uhm.. ok.. that "baby dragging" dream totally creeped me out.. there's a visual I can't wait to get out of my head!!

Aquanina's closet
      Hey Kylie, congrats on the LD

As per cClairity, and I know I have said this before, you seem to be one of the best at recalling dreams here, so detailed

lol @ the small revolving door you had to crawl through.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast