• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree4Likes

Thread: ParadigmShift WILD method

ParadigmShift WILD method

Hey guys I'm new to this website but definitely not new to LDs. I haven't seen anyone mention this technique, so I think I just discovered it on my own and I wanna share it with you all. Before this, I used to have SERIOUS trouble with WILD, only to find out it's the most consistent and easiest method of becoming lucid when I employ this technique.

1. Go to bed, wake up earlier than you normally would. (I wake up 6 hours later, which always interrupts me in the middle of a dream. This is good, you WANT to interrupt a dream so you wake up very sleepy)

2. As soon as you wake up, slam the alarm clock off and QUICKLY try to get back to sleep. Don't get up and read/brush your teeth/anything. Try to not even open your eyes. You have to do this with as little in between as possible--as in you'll naturally drift back to sleep within a few minutes again.

OK here's where I would have trouble with WILD. I would either stay awake trying to focus on something, or I would drift into sleep without noticing. The remedy for that?

3. Wait a few seconds, then imagine something happening to your body. No, not someone poking your feet with a sharp stick. Try to make your body feel as if it's being dragged across your bed. If it doesn't work, don't make a big deal out of it, just try again later. You will still see black, so it's all just tactile.

4. When you accomplish the sliding across your bed sensation, don't get scared. It will feel as if you're going to fall out of your bed (you won't, you're beginning to dream). See if you can control the direction in which you're being dragged. Try rolling your body in place. Do this for about 30 seconds, making sure to control your direction. This tends to help me later in being able to control my LD, the more control I have the more vivid and controllable my LD will be.

5. It will still seem as if your eyes are closed and you're mentally dragging yourself across your bed. Stop dragging yourself around, and "open" your eyes. Usually by this point, you'll be in a sleep paralysis state without you noticing it and you will open your "dream" eyes instead. My LDs (and all dreams actually) start in my bed. Normally It would be a false awakening, but I've been conscious this whole time so I know what's really happening.

This seems to work best for people who CANNOT get to sleep when trying to WILD, because they concentrate too hard their mind becomes grounded in real life. To me this is the easiest way to WILD because you don't have to go through the scary electrocuting/light flashing/chalk scratching sensations that I normally get trying to WILD the old-school way. The transitional phase is automatic for me. Try it, let me know how it works for you and I'll try to answer questions too.

Hm this would actually be great for me to try because I always tend to be awake for a long time when concentrating on something to keep my mind busy.

So as soon as you shut your alarm off you should try to make it feel like your body is being dragged across your bed or should you wait for a few minutes
      LD Count: 8
      DILDS: 3
      WILDS: 5

Current Goals: Try dream drugs. Perform a FILD at this hotel i'm staying at..

i pretty much like your idea of imagining yourself moving around the bed and so on. Also as it helps induce an SP. Can you tell me how to induce a LD dream from the SP state??

i would needly like to know since i can induce myself into SP easily and just wander what to do in order to enter an LD from there. pls help

thnx
      .................................................. ................................

I think you're just supposed to wait a bit while in SP. I know that when I was in it for my first and only time so far I didn't wait long enough and I opened my "dream eyes" too soon. I still couldn't move my body but I was looking into my dream.

Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      I will try it tonight

whats the % on how often this will work

^Probably

Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

The percent probably doesn't even matter because everyone is different..so even if it's 100% for him it could be 1% for you

Quote Originally Posted by DarThDreAmeR View Post

So as soon as you shut your alarm off you should try to make it feel like your body is being dragged across your bed or should you wait for a few minutes
      I usually wait around 30s to 1min because I tend to fall back asleep quickly. The trick is--don't try to transition into it (or force it). Your body should be sleepy enough so that the technique will work as you fall back asleep. If it doesn't, you need to wait longer.

Quote Originally Posted by LucidInCuB!zt View Post
      i pretty much like your idea of imagining yourself moving around the bed and so on. Also as it helps induce an SP. Can you tell me how to induce a LD dream from the SP state??

i would needly like to know since i can induce myself into SP easily and just wander what to do in order to enter an LD from there. pls help

thnx
      OK keep in mind--with this technique I don't visually imagine myself moving on my bed. It's all tactile. I've found that for this technique, going from SP to LD is very easy because it bridges real life with dream state. You are aware of real life (lying down in bed) but also of the dream realm (dragging sensation means you're in SP and nearing LD). All you have to do to fully achieve LD is continue your involvement in the dream realm (keep controlling the drag sensation), and when you have enough control, open your eyes. It will feel like a false awakening (it has every time for me).

hope that answered it.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarglider
      whats the % on how often this will work
      I'm very experienced with this technique so for me it's worked almost every night. The thing is, I know what to expect, I have the gist of it. I feel LDs are very personal and everyone's different. Could be a dud for you, or it could be your holy grail but for me it's near 100% and around 70% when I started.
      Last edited by ParadigmShift; 07-23-2007 at 03:44 AM.

Explorer Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      Florida, USA
      Wow this is the best new spin on WILD that I've seen in ages.

Ingenious honestly. Instead of using fleeting mental imagery or mental auditory noises you use the bodies sense of touch.
      Theoretically this should serve a double purpose: it gets you through the transitional phase and grounds you in your new reality all in one go!

Very very nice, I congratulate you in discovering this (its so obvious now :p)

Honestly everyone I'm not kidding. This is the method to try (I'm doing this tonight )
      (Some people may need to adjust the time stayed up before starting the technique though)

In marital bliss. Yup, I got married on Sept 26th, 2009!
      I agree with BillyBob and the others. I believe I'll be trying this as well.

Does the sliding sensation count if it feels like you're sliding down almost through your bed rather than across?

Quote Originally Posted by DarThDreAmeR View Post
      Does the sliding sensation count if it feels like you're sliding down almost through your bed rather than across?
      Works either way. You can slide down, across, diagonally, etc. Rolling (as if you're rolling down a hill) works too. Just make sure it's something you feel. Personally, I've also tried floating and going through my bed and they were not pleasant experiences. I'd say stick with sliding yourself on a 2d plane when you start.

note: I've also done this technique making my body continuously shrink/grow. I recommend this if you want to wake up as a giant and want to squish little people (or get squished?)

Hope this technique helps at least some of you! Good luck!
      Last edited by ParadigmShift; 07-23-2007 at 04:17 AM.

hahaha nice! i'll be trying this out tonight and i want more people to do the same! post your results here this seems like a very interesting technique.

This post seemed to be bumped way to the bottom but I'd just like everyone to know that this technique worked very well for me. I shifted right to my lucid dream after I felt myself sliding across my bed

Secret forum
      I will try this tonight i.e. when I start polyphasic sleep. I wonder if it will work, I had a similar idea about looking at something and moving with it so you can lucid dream. The idea was not that successful, however I will give your method a try.

I'm planning on trying this too, as long as I don't fall asleep first.

Secret forum
      Wow, this method worked nearly all night. And it is really easy. Thanks

ıpǝɾǝɔɹnos
      Sounds good. I think I've done this once. Nice idea to control/play with it before you start dreaming.

One point from the pedant: when you talk about this being tactile, and dragging - my interpretation of this is that it's about the sensation of motion (the "kinesthetic" sense which is left out of the normal list of 5 senses), not the sense of touch. I.e. you don't need to feel that you're rubbing against your sheets, just that your body is moving. When I did t I actually felt I was rising from my bed.

Is that what you mean, or do you actually use the sense of touch?

[normal "5 senses": touch sight smell hearing taste.
      other senses include: motion/balance heat/cold pain]
      Last edited by sourcejedi; 07-29-2007 at 03:30 PM.

Secret forum
      ParadigmShift have you got any tips on making the dream more vivid or realistic.

great idea

I have been trying to WILD for a while now. I will sure give this a try. Have you had any luck LDing when you go to bed instead of waiting 6 hours?
      My Summer Goals:
      Have a Lucid Dream [X] 7/13/07
      (DILD 8, WILD 0, Not Sure 3)
      Successfully use WILD [ ]
      Fly (almost there...) [ ]

Total Lucid Dreams: 11

Anybody got any results?
      It strikes me that is similar to FILD in an abstract sort of way
      "...You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world..." - Terence McKenna

Previously known as imran_p

I'm glad that more people are going to try this out. When I got it to work for me (twice in one night) I couldn't actually feel my sheets sliding past me or anything but just the sensation that I was moving across my bed.

Secret forum
      I'm glad that more people are going to try this out. When I got it to work for me (twice in one night) I couldn't actually feel my sheets sliding past me or anything but just the sensation that I was moving across my bed.
      I had the exact same sensation. It didn't work all last night yesterday. How much cocentration do you need for this? As I was concentrating really hard on me moving down my bed and yet nothing. I think I will be more relax next time, and if that doesn't work imagine myself moving upwards. Oh yeah what way did you imagine moving?

Secret forum
      I vote to move Paradigmshift's WILD method into the tutorial section. This method works and it would be a shame for no one else to try it because it will be lost in posts, so please move this. I think Paradigmshift won't be coming back unless he has another technique. So anyone move this to the tutorial section.

DarThDreAmeR and wendylove, I'm glad it worked for you guys! Is there anything in my guide that you felt was different in your experiences? How was it different from a conventional WILD?

Quote Originally Posted by sourcejedi View Post

One point from the pedant: when you talk about this being tactile, and dragging - my interpretation of this is that it's about the sensation of motion (the "kinesthetic" sense which is left out of the normal list of 5 senses), not the sense of touch. I.e. you don't need to feel that you're rubbing against your sheets, just that your body is moving. When I did t I actually felt I was rising from my bed.

Is that what you mean, or do you actually use the sense of touch?

[normal "5 senses": touch sight smell hearing taste.
      other senses include: motion/balance heat/cold pain]
      It could be different for you, but I physically feel the sheets sliding against my body AND motion in the opposite direction. So for me it's both the senses of touch and motion.

Quote Originally Posted by wendylove View Post
      ParadigmShift have you got any tips on making the dream more vivid or realistic.
      I find that the certain techniques work well for different kinds of people. For me, mental commands like "increase lucidity NOW!" will never work, but anything kinesthetic will. To make dreams more vivid, I personally like rubbing my hands together/interacting with as many things physically (ie pick up a ball and feel how heavy it is, the texture, etc), flying, etc. Also, if my dream starts to "blur out" I put on a pair of "lucidity glasses" and it usually becomes clear and vivid.

Quote Originally Posted by redder View Post
      Have you had any luck LDing when you go to bed instead of waiting 6 hours?
      It works for me when I go to bed, but not nearly as much as it does after 6 hours of sleep.

I've done that gliding across your bed thing unintencionally and I get quite scared, usually hapens when Im breathing very deeply and my head feels dizzy, is that normal? I get the feeling im in a rollecoaster and im on the verge to throw up. lol

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast