Canada
      DJ Entries

Visions in the Dark

Non-lucid dreams in dark blue.
      Lucid dreams in dark red.
      Comments in black.

INDEX for page 1
      Date Unknown - Forgetting how to Fly.
      June 1st, 2006 - Imprisoned in Art School Basement.
      June 2nd, 2006 - Strip Mall Parking Lot.
      Date Unknown - The Purple Pirate Ship.
      Date Unknown - Projectile Poop.
      June 11th, 2006 - Muslim Art Class.
      June 12th, 2006 - Cliff and Cats.
      June 13th, 2006 - Hunting the Magic Girl.
      May 4th, 2006 - The Little Girl and the Valley.
      June 15th, 2006 - Mr. Salmon's Field and former friends.
      June 17th, 2006 - The River Bus. (lucid)
      June 21st, 2006 - The Pirate Gang.
      May 15th, 2006 - Crescent shaped Island and Cats.
      July 6th, 2006 - VIP Adventures.
      July 10, 2006 - Mystical Shopping Mall/Museum.
      July 17th, 2006 - Chun-li, Walter and Brent.
      July 18th, 2006 - The Mountain School and Wolf Spirit Guide.
      July 25th, 2006 - Three Compond Dreams.
      July 27th, 2006 - Two Dreams.
      July 29th, 2006 - The Animator's Warehouse and Motoko Kusanagi.
      August 5th, 2006 - The Ghost Cat.
      August 6th, 2006 - School church thing. (lucid)
      August 25, 2006 - Becky's car gets wrecked.
      September 4th, 2006 - Controlling the movement of the Sun. (lucid)

I have recorded my dreams for several years but was unfarmiliar with the concepts of lucid dreaming and dream interpretation until recently. I hope having an online dream journal (as well as several dream journals in real time) will help me experience and understand my dreams in many more interesting ways.

I am going to start with a dream that I vividly remember from when I was approximately six or seven years old. Up until I had this particular one I remember being able to fly whenever I wanted to do so in my dreams. I realize now that being able to control my flying in my dreams may have been lucidity, but everything changed with this dream:

"Forgetting How to Fly."

The dream occured on the street that I live on, which is a in a quiet, tree-filled neighbourhood, but in this particular dream it seemed more deserted than quiet. I remember taking a long look at the clear blue sky and then running down the street and leaping into the air. I was expecting to just take off and fly like I had always done before without problems - but I floated for only a few seconds and then just fell back to the ground.

I became very upset and tried several more times to run and jump, but again I only floated for a couple of seconds and then returned to the ground. The more I tried the less I could fly and the more my frustration build. As I was failing at flying and becoming more and more upset, the sky filled with huge, dark grey thunderclouds and the wind picked up drastically. Everything became very cold and I remember feeling very frightened - but I continued to run and jump in vain attempts to fly. I just wanted to get away.

The dream becomes fuzzy after that, but I do remember that I never did fly in that dream and I have not been able fly, or have any such control like that, in my dreams since then. I am hoping that this Forum will help change that!

Thank you for reading and please feel free to comment if you wish to do so.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 05-03-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Created page index.

dark passenger of dreams Sekhmet's Avatar
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Imprisoned in basement of Art School

I have had several dreams in the last three nights but I usually forget them before I can write them down, and yes I do have a pad of paper and a pen beside my bed. I did remember most of the dream I had last night, however:

I was in some sort of boarding school for the arts. I do not remember any specific details of what the above ground levels looked like, but I do remember that the teachers were very strict and for the most part downright cruel. It was private, and not one designated a Christian school, yet strict Christian values were the rules of the school. Since I am not Christian I kept my spiritual designation a secret and went on with my studies (much like I do in waking life actually, because it is nobodies business but mine). I do not remember much of the classes but near the beginning of the dream I got caught by the head mistress of the school when the pentacle I wore under my shirt slipped out.

The head mistress was old and wore a black victorian dress and had a perpetual scowl on her face. Her greying black hair was always up in a bun and she wore a large silver cross around her neck. As soon as she saw my pentacle she grabbed me roughly by the shoulder and started dragging me along, yelling that I was an "un-godly child" and heathens like me do not have the right to make art, or something like that. She took me to the far end of the school and pushed me through an old door, which she promtly locked behind her.

I stumbled down some stairs in the dark and found myself in the decrepid lower levels of the school. It was not like a traditional basement in that it had many little rooms and a long spiralling hallway, (more like a bunker?) I quickly discovered that the lights and plumbling still worked. Each of the little bedrooms I explored had two beds and a dresser, and there were personal items from the previous occupants lying about, though everything was covered in dust or falling apart because it seemed that no one had been down there for a long time. One things that caught my attention was that each and every bed had an afgan blanket on it and they were all different by colour and pattern.

At first I was alone and upset in that place but I occupied my mind by exploring the rooms and going through the personal belongs. I realized at some point that a lot of the items I went through belonged to teachers I have had (most were actually teachers I have had in waking life), and I got the sense that they had been imprisoned in that basement-bunker too.

Then I discovered a room that I shall call "the Pit." It was like a second basement because it was lower than the bedrooms and it was more diamond shaped than square. There were no stairs down, the entire Pit was illuminated by a light source that I could not see, and there was water gushing down all sides of the bare concrete walls and draining into a small drain in the center of the room. Up until this point I had been alone in the basement, but near the center of the Pit, on his hands and knees, was George Stroumboulopoulous.

He was on his hands and knees pushing a stream of water into the drain. He looked up at me and said something (but I cannot remember what now) and then he went back to directing the water (which wasn't really necessary because the water was going into the drain anyway). He made not plea to be rescued, or make any attempt to more from were he was, so I left him alone and explored some more bedrooms.

I came across one room that kind of startled me because the dresser seemed to contain artwork that I had done in the past (in the dream - there was nothing I recognized having done in waking life). The art was really good and it seemed to be past the artistic skill I have now, but I checked signatures and writing styles and the art was definately mine. I also found indications of my past teacher who had overseen the creation of this art I discovered - but it was no one I recognize from the dream or in real life. He looked sort of like DJ Carl Cox, though that description might be a bit off because the dream becomes a bit fuzzy at this point.

When I was done exploring that room I walked out into the hall and ran into my father. I was surprised and not really happy to see him and I knew the feelings were mutual. He started talking to me about something and we got into an argument (Ha! Just like real life!) and twice he had to restrain himself from exploding into a rage (something he does a lot in waking life).

There is a little bit more of the dream with some other people showing up while my father and I are fighting, and something more about the Pit but I cannot remember more than this.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 07-29-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Fixed links.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Strip Mall and Parking Lot

Last night's dream:

I was in some sort of strip mall that I do not know in waking life, walking around with a former co-worker of mine named Samir. We were window shopping and discussing something but I cannot remember what now. Some things happened that I cannot recall but somehow Samir and I ended up running into Samir's brother.

The three of us walked and talked some more and eventually Samir and his brother dissapeared and I found myself in a parking lot of a strip mall that is close to my home in waking life. The sun was setting and there were no cars in the parking lot. As I walked across the parking lot I found myself surrounded by a large group of women dressed in heavy black robes (burkas?) and they walked in pace with me and in complete silence.

When I got to the sidewalk that leads to my street, they group of women dissapeared, and then I woke up.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Purple Pirate Ship

This is a dream I had when I was about nine or ten years old. I have remembered most of this dream because it is still vivid in my memory even fifteen years after the fact. I believe it has great personal significance for me though I am not entirely sure in what ways. I am not sure what everything in the dream means as of yet.

The most significant aspect of this dream for me was the colours. Every colour was so luminous and vivid that it still blows my mind today. I have not since had a dream so poweful in regards to colour alone like this one was.

The dream took place on a pirate ship in the middle of an unknown sea under a brilliant red sunset. The ship was a "stereotypical" pirate ship, except the wood and metal parts of which it was made were all shades of purple. It did not look as if everything had been painted purple - rather the wood was naturally that colour, as were all bits of metal and fabric that could be seen.

The water of the ocean was a deep purple-ish black, where it did not reflect the light from the setting sun anyway. The sky was a bloody red, as was the sun, which was frozen in place just above the horizon. There was only a slight breeze and no waterspray around the ship, even though all the sails where unfurled and billowing like they were being hit with a strong gail. The ship was as frozen in place upon the water as the sun was hanging in the sky. The ocean rippled softly like any calm sea and I could move around the ship freely, as I (and other DCs) were unnaffected by the time freeze that locked the sun and ship into place.

The purple pirate ship seemed devoid of all life save for me, though my dream form looked nothing like me as I appear in waking life. I wore all bright red clothing and dark red cape and I had long flowing white hair and a red hat that had a big yellow feather in it.

Anyway, the dream starts off in the setting I just described with me on the ship's deck, wielding a long silver sword, fighting a dozen or so large flying monsters that kept swooping down on me. The creatures looked like a cross between a monkey and a fish (with bat-like wings)and they were a puke green colour, except for their huge black claws with which they slashed at me as they swooped down to attack.

I wasn't the greatest sword fighter and I had no shield, but somehow I cut a few of the monsters down. As the carcasses landed on the ship's deck they oozed a disgusting blackish fluid before burning up in a blue flame and dissapearing. The carcass dissapeared but the ooze remained and it made it harder to fight the flying monsters because I kept slipping on the stuff!

I cannot remember now how exactly I defeated the monsters but I think some flew away before I could kill them. I have always though it was interesting, though I do not know the significance, that during the entire fight I faced the bow (front) of the ship. At no time did I turn around to face the stern (back) of the ship, even when dodging or attacking, and neither did any of the monsters land on any part of the ship while they were alive. The creatures seemed to want to avoid making contact with the ship as much as they avoided my swinging sword.

When the last was dead (and the ones that escaped were out of sight) I took a moment to catch my breath (still facing the bow) and heard a soft laugh from behind me. I dropped my sword in surprise, turned around and there was a man with long black hair standing in the doorway that lead to the lower levels of the ship. He was very handsome, kind of pale and dressed in black velvet, Victorian style fashion. Up until this point I thought that I was alone on the ship.

Despite the man's vampire-like appearance I sensed no hostility from him and he just smiled at me. We did not speak to each other but there was a warm, friendly feeling eminating from him and all the worry and pain from my fight with the flying monsters was forgotten. I vividly remember the handsome man's green eyes, which sparkled like emeralds and made my heart skip. I only got to gaze at him briefly however because the dream ended there.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Projectile poop

I do not have any dreams to remember from last night because I did not sleep at all (or long enough to dream anyway), so here is yet another dream from my past. There might be a few of those posted here because I frequently have insomnia.

This dream is a little embarassing to post because it is disgusting and extremely bizarre. It predates the dream in the first post of this journal by a few years (making me about 5 or 6 when I first dreamed it) and it reappeared occassionally until my early teen years.

The dream takes place in a post-apocalyptic like world and there is garbage and debris everywhere. Everything is destroyed or abandoned and the world seems devoid of people save for me. In the dream I am about 5 or 6 years old and am usually wearing a blue or white dress.

I wandered the desolate streets looking for someone, anyone, because I was afraid and very alone. When I did see someone, I would run up to them and without looking at me or saying a word he or she would turn around, drop their pants and projectile crap at me. Most of the people in the dream I can not recognize in waking life but one person I do know appeared repeatedly when I had this dream and that was one of my older brothers.

It did not matter where I ran, or who I ran into, I recieved the same treatment from anybody and everybody in the dream: they'd turn around, drop their pants and projectile poop at me. Even when I tried to run away, I would turn around and there would be more people there to block my path and do the same. There was no one in the dream I could go to, or talk to, and I remember feeling very alone and hopeless.

I have no idea what the dream means or signifies.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Very sad

I had to take my cat in today to be euthanized because she was very old and very sick - I'm so sad!

I don't really want to sleep right now because I am afraid that I am going to have nightmares about it, (not like my insomnia will let me sleep anyway).

I miss my kitty so much already.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Last night:

I was inside a small store and I was a dressed as a Muslim(!?). There were some other people there I know from waking life who are actually Muslim and we were doing art projects or something and discussing morality and the such. I cannot remember most of the dream but a lot of it was me running around trying to do my thing without upsetting or offending them.

I specifically remember an older gentlemen and a woman offering me alcohol. Even though I do drink the stuff in real life I refused in the dream. The old man was saying something that intoxication was a sin, not the drink itself or something.

There is a lot more to the dream but it slipped from my mind before I could get it down. At the end of the dream the group of people were sitting around a table drawing in sketchbooks. I specifically remember the old man was drawing hotdogs in charcoal and many other people doing similar still-life subjects in pencil crayon or watercolour paints.

Kinda bizzare dream, but only because I do not know what everything signifies. I appeared as a Muslim even though I am not in waking life and many people who appeared in my dream (who are actually Muslim) I have not seen in years. I had not been thinking ot talking about them recently so I find it interesting that they suddenly appeared in my dream.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Cliffs and Cats

In this dream I had today (during an afternoon nap) the main character was me, but it did not look like me. I looked sort of like a young boy actually, even though I am a young woman! I had short blond hair; I was wearing a dirty grey jumpsuit and a bright orange scarf; and I was very thin, (Quite the opposite of what I actually look like in waking life). Every time I mention myself in this dream, picture the aforementioned description of the young boy.

I recently had to euthanise my cat, Bambi, because she was very sick. I find it interesting that my memories of her, and the pain I feel from losing her, appear in the dream - but she does not actually appear herself. I also acknowledge my memories and feelings of her in the dream but it does not become lucid when I do so.

Picture of my cat, Bambi:

The dream took place in this beautiful, lush back-country that bordered the ocean with huge rocky cliffs. There was four areas to this place: a flat, grassy field that lead to the cliffs; a lightly forested area that was "hilly"; a farmhouse and country road on the otherside of the lightly forested area; and a heavier forested area that bordered the other three areas.

The dream starts off with me inside the farmhouse, tidying up rooms and packing my belongings because I was supposed to leave that place for good for some reason, though my heart was reluctant to go, because my memories awere in that farmhouse. It felt especially painful because my cat, Bambi, just died and I kept finding cat toys and other things that would bring up memories of her. There are other people there cleaning up as well, but I cannot remember specific descriptions about them. There was a middle-aged man, a young girl, and a young boy who was similar in age as I appeared in the dream.

Eventually I went for a walk because my heart ached for Bambi too much. I cannot remember now how in the dream I got there, but suddenly I was at the cliff overlooking the ocean. The cliff edge was very steep and must have been hundreds of meters above the sea level; it was one heck of a long way down. I cannot remember how or why now, but somehow I got too close to the edge and I slipped over. I grabbed a handful of grass that grew on the edge and it held me up (which totally wouldn't happen for real, but whatever). I screamed for help but I knew no one could hear me. I struggled for a bit and at first I was convinced that I was going to fall. I thought of letting go for a moment, because if I died then I would get to see my cat again, but somehow I found some sturdy handholds in the rock and pulled myself up onto the cliff top and to safety.

I laid there for a long while before gettting up and wandering along the cliff's edge (but far enough away so I wouldn't fall off again) and I came across some stray cats playing and lounging around near the cliff's edge. I pet them for a while and thought of my own cat before walking to the heavily forested area. On the way I kept running into stray cats and I wanted to believe that if I found out where they were coming from, I would find my cat Bambi, still alive. There were many strays that looked like her (gray, stripped tabby) but none that were her.

In the heavily forested area I came across a large hollow tree that many of the strays seemed to live in. I became worried about them because I was going to leave this place soon and there would be no one to take care of them. I wandered out of the forest and back to the farmhouse. I explained to the three DCs about the cats and they told me to stop worrying about it. Just then a large truck pulled up in front of the farmhouse and some construction workers got out. They worked incredibly fast and put up a chainlink fence around the farmhouse and the large hollow tree in the forest. I asked them what they were doing and they said the next people who were moving into the farmhouse were Veterinarians and wanted to make sure the stray cats were safe.

It was a great relief for me to know that the cats were going to be taken care of, and I hung around until all of the construction was done (including an extension on the farmhouse that was going to be a cat hospital), and this seemed to allow me to accept that my cat, Bambi, was gone and I could leave without regret or sadness.

Just at the end of the dream, as I was walking towards the car that would take me away from that place, I turned my head and saw a black bear by the edge of the heavily forested area. The middle aged man was there as well and he was ignoring the bear, which was ignoring him as well, and since I did not sense and danger I ignored the bear as well. The dream ended there.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 07-29-2009 at 07:33 PM.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Last night I had a dream which took place in a high school (though not one I recognize) where many students were gathered together in the gymnasium. All the DCs in this dream were unrecognizable to me. I had a slightly different appearance then I do in waking life, as I usually do in my dreams, (thinner, shorter hair etc.)

I cannot remember now exactly why the students had gathered but some were "setting up camp," so to speak, as if they expected to stay there for a long while. Some other students, myself included, had the ability to float or fly and we were attempting to get up to the gymnasium's rafters were we could perch and have more room for ourselves.

Some things happened that I cannot now remember and the dream sort of changed. I am not sure if it is a completely different dream but it seemed to me that they just ran into each other. I had the same appearance and the atmosphere was similar, though the location changed to something that resembled a cross between my primary school's tarmac yard and a forest.

Most of the students had dissapeared and now there was only a small group of girls and boys. I recognized them from the previous part of the dream as the students who could float or fly, though now we could no longer do so. Some of us had magic abilities, while others had "anti-magic" abilities. I don't know how to explain the anti-magic abilities other than that those who had that kind of power could dispell or destroy any of the abilities of the magic users. I was an anti-magic user.

There was this powerful magic using girl who was causing all sorts of chaos, though I cannot remember in which ways, but it became my responsibility to track her down and dispell her powers. She was not named in the dream so I will refer to her as the Magic Girl. For some reason no one else was willing to stop her disruptive and destructive magic and I had to go alone. I chased the Magic Girl through a foresty area and back to the tarmac/forest area and into a nearby brick building. The inside turned out to be very similar to the gymnasium from the first part of the dream.

She cast some powerful spells that had various negative effects on me, but I managed to dispelled them before they killed me. In an act of desperation, the Magic Girl turned herself into a pencil and created duplicate pencils that filled the room to confuse me. I could not dispell this power so I recruited some of the other anti-magic users to help me in breaking the pencils in half to draw out the Magic Girl.

One of the DCs suggested it would be a unusual looking pencil but that would not help us much as most of the pencils looked different from each other anyway. It took a while but eventually I happened upon the pencil in which the Magic Girl had hid herself. When I broke it, rather than peices of lead falling out, I pulled out a long glowing strand of black hair. The DCs and I stared at it silently for a moment before it disintergrated in my hand and the remaining dust particles were swept away in some invisible, unfeelable wind.

The dream ended there.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

The Little Girl and the Valley

I had a few short dreams last night but I didn't bother to write them down so not surprisingly I completely forgot what they were about. That's the price I pay for being lazy! Oh well...

This dream I had on the night of May 4th. It took place in a destroyed and/or abandoned cityscape. Imagine the post-Katrina devasation of New Orleans for an idea of what the cityscape in this dream looked like (minus the flooding), though it was not New Orleans or any city that I recognize in waking life. There was no electricity, running water or law authority in charge. Most building were abandoned or destroyed and most people who were still there travelled around in "packs" to survive.

The dream starts off with me travelling with a group of teenagers. I cannot remember any specific details about them except that there were more girls then boys and they were all younger than I (they were all about 14 or 15 years old where I was about 18 or 19). I did not really talk to any of them and they all seemed to just let me tag along because I made myself useful. We were going around and breaking into random houses looking for food or anything else we could use for survival.

In one house that we broke into we found a young girl of about six or seven years old in the livingroom. There was no one else in the house other than the girl. She had long black hair and was dressed in modern fashion. The female teens started talking to the little girl while I searched the house. The teen boys went to wait out in front of the house. After searching the other rooms in the house, I returned to the livingroom and was horrifyied to find the teen girls taking off their tops and playing with their breasts while encouraging the young girl to do the same.

I was disgusted and angry and I stormed out of the house and into the back yard. There I found that the back yard dipped directly into a deep, lush valley at a very steep angle. There were a few small concrete steps that led from the back door of the house to the egde of the valley (which was more like a cliff with lots of grass and flowers growing on it), and I stood on the last step and had a strong desire to jump. I wanted to fly away but I could not. The sky above the valley was clear and brilliant blue, and there was a soft refrshing breeze blowing. It was very unlike out front where the devastated city seemed eternally overcast and the air dead.

Then it finally clicked in my head to go back into the house and stop what was going on between the teens and the little girl. I went back in and found that some of the teen girls were searching the house for survival stuff while others sat around the livingroom, talking to each other and ignoring the little girl. The little girl was now dressed in an white, Victorian-style nightgown, right next to a noose that hung down from the ceiling in the center of the livingroom.

The little girl said something profound to me (but I cannot remember what now, unfortunately), which stunned me into silence and inaction and she placed the noose around her neck and hung herself. When I came out of my shock the "pack" of teen girls was leaving but I hardly acknowledged them as I was struggling to get the little girl down from the noose and resusitate (sp?) her.

It took a while but I got the little girl down and revived her. Something else happened at this point but I cannot now remember. Right afterwards I picked up the little girl, who now had a large, pale yellow towel or blanket wrapped around her (over her nightgown), out into the back yard. I put her down on at the top of the concrete steps and she cast off the towel/blanket and told me that the lush valley was magic. Certain people could fly there, she claimed, then she walked down to the last step and drifted away into the valley's distance.

I watched her fly away with a mix of joy and jealously until I could no longer distinguish her form from the horizon. I went back through the house and into the street out front, but the group of teens I had been with were long gone and I was now alone and lost in the devastated city.

The dream ended there.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Mr. Salmon's Field, former friends etc.

The dream that I had last night took place in a field close to where I live called Mr. Salmon's field, and my house as it appear approximately 5 years ago (there have been some renovations since then).

The dream starts off with me in Mr. Salmon's field. It's a large grassy area with dotting of trees around and a small swamp. Bordering the field is Mr. Salmon's house and pool. I cannot remember now what I was doing in the field but at some point three people I do not recognize from waking life came up to me and urged me to come along with them. I think they suggested going for a swim in the pool but I cannot exactly remember now. As we walked up the path toward Mr. Slamon's house we ran into a man dressed in a camoflague uniform and he said that he was going to arrest me, but broke out laughing when I protested. Apparently it was a prank planned by the three people who I had just met.

The three people and the military man dissapeared at this point and four friends I used to know (three of them are now former friends) appeared and asked me if I would like to go camping. In the dream we were still friends apparently, so I agreed. I said that I would have to go to my house, up the street, to get some clothes and other camping supplies. Three of the friends said they would wait in the field and the fourth, Cathy (the least favourite of the former friends), said she would come along with me.

Rather than go up the street we decided to cut through the backyards leading to my house because it would be faster. When we got to my new neighbour's backyard I could hear music coming from the house and I knew he was home. I told Cathy that we had to run because the neighbour was a real jerk and he would hurt us if we were caught tresspassing, (which is not far off from how it would be in reality because this neighbour is a real @$$hole).

When we got into my backyard I noticed that the back door leading to the basement was slightly ajar and I was worried that there had been a break-in. When I opened the door there was one of my brothers standing there wearing an apron, yellow rubber gloves and was holding a large pair of forcepts. My first impression was that he looked as though he was dressed as a mad scientist. He scowled when he saw Cathy and then dissapeared.

Cathy and I went upstairs into my old bedroom (my bedroom is now in the basement) and I was surprised and excited to find my cat Bambi there. Even though the dream seemed to be set a few years ago, I knew in the dream that Bambi was dead and that what I was seeing was her ghost. I forgot all about packing for camping and picked up Bambi and started coddling her. I was so happy to be holding her and she felt so real - the softness and warmth of her fur; the wetness and coldness of her nose - the dream felt so real and vivid at this point but it did not become lucid, (unless acknowledging in the dream that my cat is dead in real life is lucidity), but I really believed that I was holding my cat again even if I knew it was only a ghost.

This upset Cathy, because I wasn't paying attention to her, and she started sightly loudly and trying to emotionally manipulate me like she used to all the time. Though now in real life I would never put up with that crap, in the dream I reluctantly put Bambi down and packed clothes and stuff for camping. As I was packing, Cathy stood over me with her arms crossed that damn smug smile on her face that I hate so much now. In the dream however, I did not react negatively to it and continued to do what she wanted me to. I looked for Bambi when I was done packing, but she had dissapeared.

We went back to Mr. Salmon's field, which now had trailers and campire pits all around, and met up with the other three friends. We went into the trailer that we were going to stay in and began unpacking, but since there were only two bunks, Cathy said that I would have to share one with her. All of the anger and hatred I feel for Cathy now in waking life came to me then and I was so disgusted at the though of having to share a bunk with her (even in the completely non-sexual way that the dream implied) that my negative feelings woke me up because the dream ended there.

It does not surprise me that my former friend Cathy was emotionally manipulative and a control freak in this dream because that is exactly how she is in real life. I can also see a corellation between the three people and the military man playing a prank on me, and the four former firends appearing right after, and how it all reflects how our "friendship" was in real life.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

My first lucid!

My first lucid experience! Well, it becomes lucid only near the end, anyway.

This dream starts off about a block from my house. All of the roads in the dream are deep waterways and traffic consist of a variety of boats and other watercraft; there are no ashphalt roadways or land faring automobiles. My parents and I were standing at a bus stop waiting for the "bus" boat to pick us up. There were other people waiting there as well but they did not have any significance as far as I can tell; just random people waiting for the "bus." Apparently we were going to take a boat tour for somewhere but at this point in the dream, I had no idea where.

When the boat tour arrived, it consisted of three small, old-looking, wooden boats rather one medium or large sized modern boat, which is what my parents and I had been expecting. The three craft were tired together with ropes and I could not see what drove the boats forward, as there were no sails on the masts or engines on the stern. The first of the three boats was full so my parents and the group of people got on the middle boat. Since the middle boat was filled to capacity I had to get on the last of the boats by myself. I was kind of resentful at first, because I felt insecure and I wanted to sit near my parents.

The boat tour/bus boat (whatever) started down the um, street... er, waterway... and at first the scenery around the boats looked like how the neighbourhood actually appears in waking life, but the farther we went the more the scenery changed from an urban landscape to a natural one. Soon there were no human-made buildings or other boats and it seemed that we were in some thick temperate forest. No one on the boats was upset because this all seemed to be a part of the tour.

Not long after the scenery changed into the forest there came a bend in the river. There was an old, dilapitated wooden mill at the bend and the three boats pulled up to a small dock and stopped. Most of the people disembarked and dissapeared into the forest. My parents stayed on the middle boat and I stayed on the last boat. I could have gone up and sat with my parents at this point and I do not know why I did not do so. As we waited for the boat tour to get moving again the water began rushing like rapids and tore the boats away from the dock. It was not scary at first, just unexpected, and no one panicked or anything.

The rushing water pulled the boat a long for a while and soon we came to a fork in the river. The left waterway was clamer and seemed to lead to an opening in the forest. The right waterway was very eeirie and seemed to lead deeper into the forest. There was also strange blue-grey mist above the water that lead down the river on the right side of the fork.

The boat tour turned towards the left river but just before it went past the actual fork, the rope holding the middle boat and last boat snapped. The first two boats drifted down the left waterway, but the last of the little wooden boats, the one that I was on by myself, got pulled down the river on the right side of the fork. I yelled to get my parents attention, but they did not seem to hear me. A few of the other passengers on the middle boat glanced at me, but then looked away and ignored me.

My little boat was pulled into the deep dark forest and I remember feeling really scared for a moment but the fear soon passed. I became more curious then anything because the forest seemed to thin out a little and it did not seem so threatening. I do not know how far I travelled but it seemed like I was on that little boat for a long time. Eventually it became standed on some rocks in shallow water and I was able to step out and walk to the shore. Right off the shore there was a path that led into the forest and to a small Oriental looking building.

It was as I was walking along the path that I began to question my reality (mostly because there was an Oriental style building deep in a northern Canadian-looking forest), so I did a RC by plugging up my nostrils and I could still breath! I realized that I was in a dream and became excited! I did not seem to have control over anything except move my own body so I ran into the building, which was very much like an ornate Zen garden on the inside. In the middle of the room there was some sort of small, stone statue that some Oriental looking men (I do not know if they were Chinese or Japanese) were sitting around smoking pipes. They all sort of looked at me and laughed and I tried to say something to them but the dream ended and I woke up.

I think my excitement over having my first lucid dream kind of ruined everything and made it end quickly - but I will try to be more disciplined next time!

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

The Pirate Gang.

So after I have my first lucid experience I had sort of a dream "drought". Since June 17th until last night (June 21st) I did not have any dreams at all! I wonder if I used all of my subconscious psychic energy in that short lucid experience in my last dream (subjective if one believes in such things of course)?

Anyway, I just woke up from having this dream tonight:

There are several old "tall ships" lined up along a huge wharf, which was the base of a Gang (they all looked like stereotypical, scruffy pirates). There were buildings in the middle that ran from the land all the way to the end - sort of like a small town built right on sea. There was even an alleyway that runs between many of the buildings. I looked like an oriental lady with a long dark brown skirt and a wooly tan-coloured sweater. I was with three men I do not recognize from waking life, and they were unnamed in the dream but they each had a distinct appearance: the youngest man in his late teens was blond; the man slightly older than him had dark brown hair, and the oldest man had fiery red hair and a goatee to match.

In the beginning of the dream, the three men and I were in the hull of one of the ships, even though we were not a part of the Gang. I think we were prisoners or something but I cannot remember now. Somehow, the four of us got to the deck of the ship and found out that the only way off the boat was jumping motorcycles off a ramp. The three men I was with had no problem with this but it took me a few times before I had the courage to take the motorbike over the ramp (even though it was not that big of a jump at all) - when I finally did it I was to short of the goal and almost fell into the water, but the blond and the red-head grabbed me and pulled me onto the wharf.

We avoided running into the Gang (who were patrolling the wharf but did not see us escape the ship) by going between some buildings and into the alleyway. The three men told me to find a hiding spot and stay there while they dealt with the Gang. Before they took off, the brown haired man gave me a small knife for protection and I hid it in my sweater.

I sat between some shipping crates for a while before I became bored and wandered the alleyway to pass the time. Just then a Gang member (who looked like an ordinary old fisherman) ran around a corner and grabbed me, threw me over his shoulder in a fireman's carry and started running. I pulled out the small knife that I had hidden in my sweater and stabbed him in the back. He yelped and fell forward, and I went flying into the crates that I used as a hiding spot before. I got up and went over to the Gang member, who was writhing in pain on his stomach, rolled him over with my foot and held the knife to his face and threatened him.

Then I woke up.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 05-03-2010 at 09:06 PM.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Cresent shaped island and cats

This is a dream I had approximately mid-May of this year.

I was standing at the waterfront of a beach that had lots of sharp rocks and debris shrewn about. It looked like it had recently been devastated by a hurricane or something. My appearance in the dream was young and slender and with flowing silvery white hair. I was wearing a lavender-coloured dress and a white apron and my feet were bare.

There were random people standing amongst the rocks and garbage. They watched and did nothing as a huge wave came suddenly from the sea and almost washed me away. I somehow regained my footing and turned to see another wave coming. It was bigger then the previous wave and I yelled at the people on the beach to run and get away from the water - but no one seemed to take me seriously (or even acknowledge the approaching wave for that matter) and I assumed that the people were all washed away while I ran for my life away from the beach. For some inexplicable reason I could run faster then the incoming tsunami.

When I was too tired to run anymore I found myself in a grassy field. I could see the beach in the distance behind me, but there were no huge waves or flooding or even debis anymore; it looked like just and ordinary beach. In front of me there was a small Mideval looking castle and beyond that - maybe a mile or so away - there was another small castle. There were armored knights on horseback riding between the castles but they were not attacking each other or anything. The knights would just gallop their horses from one castle to the other and then turn around and do it again.

I went into the castle closest to me and most of the rooms were devoid of people - but the people I did come across were seeminly paralyzed in mid-action and could not move. They were like statues but they were neither made of stone nor frozen like ice. I came across an old man who was holding a letter and though frozen in place he could still talk. He asked me if I could take the letter to the other castle across the field. I said that I would and he asked me if I would bring him some tea from the next room. I went into the next room to get the tea but when I picked up the tray that had the tea silverware on it, one of the horseback knights came galloping through the room and told me to leave. The knight then grabbed the tray from me and spurred his horse out of the room.

I apologized when I returned to the old man but he said something that upset me so I ran away. I ran seemingly endless halls until I found some stone stairs leading down into thick darkness. I ran down the stone steps and found what was very much like subway station. There was a small group of people waiting on the boardwalk and I joined them just as the train was pulling up. The subway train did not look like a standard "subway train" by more like a large submarine made of thick clear glass.

The glass train flew up out of the dark tunnel and out into bright daylight. It soared over a vast "s" shaped lake where the water was crystal clear and the lake's fish and other water creatures could be seem swimming around. There were also many small fishing boats in the water and I was jealous because I wanted to be down there. I remember commenting to someone sitting beside me on the size of the fish. The train suddenly entered another dark tunnel and when it came to the station it was not a modern platform but a thick undergroud forest.

The trees were oversized and deciduous, the roads narrow and maze-like. I wandered aimlessly at first because I was lost. Eventually, I ran into a male elf that appeared to have come from Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings triliogy, but I was upset because it was not Legolas. I followed the elf for a while as he walked through the forest because I was lost and I figured that he would lead me somewhere. Eventually he dissapeared up a tree at a fork in the road.

There was a left and a right path. I headed left because I could see open sunlight and that direction felt warm. I came out of the forest into a trialer park that was occupied by domestic cats and not people. The first three cats I saw looked sort of like dark grey occelots with glowing, firey orange eyes . I walked down the singe gravel road until I came to a hill. I turned around and there was a large pet superstore. The trailer park dissapeared (faded out) and now there was only the superstore floating in space in front of me with the front doors wide open. I did not have a choice but to go in really.

I was appalled by the conditions in which the baby animals were kept. They were in cramped honeycomb shaped crates (with one baby animal to a cone) behind large panes of glass without food, water or litterboxes and all of the little animals looked absolutely miserable. I started crying because I could not do anything for the suffering baby animals and I was also upset because no one else in the store seemed to care about the poor conditions in which the animals were kept. It was set up almost like a museum display: each crate was numbered and people stolled along gazing at the crates behind glass at their leisure.

I came across a side corridor and followed it until I found myself in a large warehouse or barn or something. It had a corral for sick and deformed baby animals and on the inside the coral was an oriental woman. She handed me a thin bamboo stick painted black and told me to start beating "the black one," pointing to a listless long-haired kitten. I was appalled and horrified and I picked up the kitten and cradled him in one hand and grabbed the long switch from the lady and hit her a few times with it. The dream ended here.

The large wave coming out of the sea, almost washing me is parallel to my near drowning incident that happened when I was about 4 or 5 years old.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Futuristic and VIP adventures.

I was in some sort of futuristic train station. I vaguely remember getting on the train to escape a serial killer who was stalking me. I disembarked at one terminal and wandered down some stairs which eventually led to a basement room that was wrapped in saran wrap. The saran wrap was wound around the room like a spider web.

I heard someone coming and I panicked, thinking it was the serial killer. I forced my way through the saran wrap and went through a heavy warehouse door that led outside into the daylight. I ran for a while down a cobblestone road that followed a river. As the sun set I came across a some sort of ritzy amusement park with a large casino hotel in the center. It was VIP membership only, but I found a pass in my pocket and I was let through the gate.

The ushers and waiters in the casino hotel were very realistic looking androids, mostly male, and they were dressed up as slaves or superheroes. One such android, dressed as superman, led me through the casino to the reception desk where I found out that I had a reservation for a private luxury suite in the hotel. I had a full pass for everything in the amusement park and my hotel room had everything I would ever need and more, including my own "pleasure" android, alcohol and drugs!

I unpacked my stuff and changed and went down into the casino, which was like a nonstop party. I met a group of people who were having lots of fun and joining them in a drunken people parade around the building. The dream gets fuzzy here but eventually morning comes and I leave the casino by a Venetian boat that goes down the river. I cannot see the face of the man paddling the boat.

That is all I can remember.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 12-07-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Fixed some spelling errors.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Mystical shopping center/museum

I had several dreams last night but I can only remember parts of this one:

The dream takes place in some sort of two-story shopping center. The walls and floors, stairs, railings and benchs were all carved out of white marble. The upper floors had ritzy expensive stores, while the lower floors had cheaper, generic stores.

At the beginning there was some young man skateboarding on the lower floor of the mall. I don't reall his name but he looked like Link from Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but dressed in modern clothing. His boarding escapades led him into the basement of the mall where he ended up in some sort of electrical/janitorial room. I cannot remember now what he did there, but I do remember that he ran into some Canadian television stars that I recognize but cannot recall the names of at this time.

Eventually the young man returned to the first floor of the mall and as he was trying to grind on some stairs, the lower level of the mall started to flood very rapidly. People in the mall were panicking and screaming and many of them were washed away by the rushing water, but the young man managed to get up to the second floor and to saftey.

The young man's skateboard dissapeared and the mall suddenly changed. There were suddenly no people and though it still looked like a mall, the window displays and stores were now more like a museum. The lights went out and the only illumination came through the skylights in the roof. The water on the first floor dissapeared. Three people appeared and ran into the skateboarder. The group of three was led by a black woman who had psychic powers and could detect magic in items. The other two people were a young white woman and a middle aged black man.

I cannot remember the purpose now, but the four characters had to explore the place and find some magical items. They could not leave the shopping center/museum until they had done so. The dream gets a bit fuzzy, but as the four explored and found the magic items (several magic rocks or peices of jewelry) the brighter the building became, as if finding an item had turned the electricity back on.

When they had found all of the items, the group of people found a stairs leading the the first floor and into a room that was very much like a standard museum display. They became excited and went in and found a door from which they could exit the shopping center/museum. The dream ends as soon as they get outside into the sunlight.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

Chun-li, Walter and Brent.

There were three characters in the dream I had last night. Since these characters appear often in my dreams, I have given them names. The first was a young oriental woman in a white dress, who was called Chun-li ; the second was a muscular man with red hair and a goatee who dressed in black. His name was Walter; and the last was a young blond-haired man who wore white and blue clothing and rode a motorcycle. He is Trevor.

The dream starts off with the two men in the street in front of some old decripid apartment buildings. The entire city is very slum like and there are no trees or park areas anywhere. I cannot remeber why now, but there was a gun battle going on and Walter and Trevor were trying to get into the apartment building without getting shot or captured. The people who were shooting at the two men were never seen in the dream so i do not know what they looked like.

The two men were able to make it through the doors of the apartment building and found the lobby empty, except for the young oriental woman who was lying unconscious on the floor. Walter picked up Chun-li and threw her over his shoulder in a fireman's carry. Trevor said that he would create a diversion so that Walter could escape with Chun-li. The two men agreed to meet up outside of the city.

The dream skips to a lightly forested area miles away from the city. I do not know if this is how the dream is supposed to be or if I have just forgotten the escape sequence. Anyway, Walter lays Chun-li down on a large blanket under a big tree and then proceeds to hide the vehicle in which they escaped. Chun-li wakes up and asks what happened, apparently not remembering how or why she ended up unconscious on the apartment lobby floor. Walter doesn't have any answers for her and just says that Brent will meet them soon.

Night falls and both Walter and Chun-li are worried about Trevor, but neither of them want to go back into the city to find him. They dip there feet in a nearby pond and talk about various things to pass the time and eventually they fall asleep under the bg tree. The two of them wake up when they hear a vehicle approaching, grab their guns and prepare to fight, but it turns out to be Trevor, who apologizes for being late.

The dream ends there I think, as I really do not remember anymore.

I have actually had several dreams with these three characters, and though I often forgot the details of the dreams (because I do not write them down like I should), I almost always remember that the three characters were in it. I am guessing that they make up some sort of personal archetypes or something.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 06-20-2010 at 04:57 PM.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries

The Mountain School and Wolf Spirit Guide.

Last night's dream:

In a three story school, located at the base of a steep mountain, children were gathered there to be trained and tested. It was a special school for training in survival tactics or something like that, but it also focused on philosphy. There were no glass in the windows and it was winter time, so everything was very cold and everyone was dressed in heavy clothing all of the time. There were no sleeping quarters and the children just slept on the floor of the classrooms in heavy arctic sleeping bags.

In the dream I was an orphan and at the school only because I had no where else to go. I was a ward of the school, as much as a student. I felt like the odd one out, because I didn't have any friends and I had very bad vision, whereas all the other students were sociable and no one else wore glasses.

I did not do very well at my studies and I really didn't like it there. At free time I explored the forests surrounding the school, while the other kids socialized with each other and played in the school yard. The teachers constantly advise students to stay out of the forests because there are monsters and enemies around.

One day, after the daily studies were finished, I decided to explore the road that led up the mountain. Evening was approaching as I explored and I was suddenly attacked by three oversized crow-like birds. I had minimal training in fighting and I only had a small knife to defend myself with. As I fought the birds a wolf appeared on the road behind me, but it just watched from a distance.

When I managed to kill the birds, I collapsed on the road and saw the wolf approaching. I was covered in blood and exausted and I was afraid that the wolf was going to eat me - it looked very hungry. I threw the bird carcasses towards the wolf (with the last of my strength) which it ate rapidly, then dissapeared back into the forest. After the wolf disappeared, teachers from the school arrived and carried me back to the building.

After the story of my encounter spread around the school, I suddenly had respect from the students and teachers, but my interest in my studies did not increase any and I still spent most of my time alone. Not even two days after the incident, I was back in the forest and the wolf appeared in front of me. It looked at me cautiously but did not attack. I sensed that it was hungry again and I threw it some meat from my pack. The wolf ate the meat quickly and when it was finished, he telepathically thanked me and dissapeared deep into the woods.

I was surprised that I could hear the wolf's voice in my head, but I do not tell anyone of my psychic experience. I also figured that it was only a one time thing. Several weeks went by and I was exploring the forest and I once again ran into the wolf. When I saw him, I automatically threw him some meat from my pack, which he gladly ate. Because it was getting late I started to return to the school, but the wolf spoke to me telepathically and told me to stop.

The wolf said it was dangerous to return to the school and that I should hide in the forest until morning, but I ignored his warning and started back anyway. The wolf followed close behind me but was silent. When I got to the edge of the forest, I saw that there were tanks and large trucks that had surrounded the school. Men in military uniforms were rounding up the students and teachers and putting them into the large trucks.

The wolf grabbed the sleeve of my coat and dragged me back into the forest to avoid being spotted. When we were a bit deeper into the forest, the wolf let go of my sleeve, looked at me for a moment (his "expression" indiscernible) then dashed off deep into the woods.

The dream ended there. I guess I should listen when an animal spirit tries to tell me something, eh?
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 05-03-2010 at 09:15 PM.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      I had three short dreams last night.

The first dream started off in my driveway with some man I do not know saying something to a blond woman I do not recognize. The woman was upset by what the man said and ran and jumped into the air. She drifted up into the air and when she did so, the environment changed from my neighbourhood to that of some sort of desert compond with lots of steep cliffs and tall watch towers - sort of like an army outpost.

The woman could only stay in the air for a few moments and she drifted from cliff to tower top as much as she could, as the man that had creeped her out before was down on the ground, making threatening gestures in her direction. He transformed into some sort of half ape, half wolf (and yet, still part human) creature that desperately tried to reach the woman, who continued to drift around in the sky to avoid him.

Soon the woman became exausted from her efforts and what ever power she had that allowed her to fly started to wear off. She started to panic as the power wore off because she started to get close the the ground and was afraid the man-monster would attack her.

I woke up at this point but I kept repeating the dream in my head, as I was determined to continue with it when I returned to sleep. The second dream I has was similar in that it took place in some sort of compound but it was more of an amusement park than an army barracks. The creepy monster man was now a bratty, bossy boy, and the woman was now a little girl.

It was the bratty little boy's birthday and he had a group of other children over to celebrate. The group of children were not too pleased to be around him as he was bossing them around and rubbing in their faces how fabulously rich he was and how he was better than then because of it. Similar to the first dream, the little boy began chasing and harassing a little girl - who desperately tried to ignore him, then to get away, but there was no where that she could get away to, and the parents of the little boy insisted that all of the other little children stay and entertain their bratty son.

I woke up again and when I feel back asleep, I did dream again, but it was nothing like the first two. I cannot remember anything about it except that there was a man, who looked like Vincent Valentine from the Final Fantasy VII franchise, talking to me about something, but I can no longer remember about what.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      I had two dreams last night but I can only remember minor details about the first one.

#1) The first dream took place in a vast plain. There was a giant half woman, half snake creature that was battling another creature that I could not see clearly. The serpent woman was talking one hell of a beating and there was blood everywhere. I do not remember anything else, not even how it ended.

#2) The second dream had me walking down a long cave-like tunnel. There were many rooms along the way that were like classrooms or workshops in a college. I was not in this place alone as there were many people participating in the classes and workshops. Most of the people were young adults and I did not recognize any of them as people I know in real time.

Passing through the first few rooms was uneventful, but in one workshop there were many bandsaws and other electric wood cutting tools that were tightly cramed together, making it very difficult to get past (and I had to get past them to get the the next room). All of the electric tools were on, adding to the danger. I did make it through, but not before almost running into and knocking over a table saw.

Another room I came to was empty of desks or tools, and the floor was made of a very smooth, reflective marble. There was a lady standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by many handsome young men lounging about on pillows. She was tall, graceful and very elegant looking. Her skin was a porcelain white and she had very long vampire-like fangs coming out of her mouth. She did not saying thing, but I got the sense that she was the caretaker of this cave-tunnel place and protected the people inside.

I was not afraid of her, and she made no threatening gestures towards me. She just smiled at me, then turned to a young man laying on a pillow and reached for him. The lady took him in her arms and opened her mouth. The young man stroked her unnaturally long vampire-like fangs for a moment before she leaned in and bit his neck. The price for her protection I suppose, but I did not see what happened next because I was anxious to move onto the next room.

I walked through a doorway and found myself outside. I was at the base of a mountain and there was a river in front of me that was draining into a vast ocean. In the rivier I could see parts of my family's Westfalia floating down the river. I panicked and dived in. Despite the size of the peices, I grabbed them without problem and easily pulled them to the rocky shore. A shadow fell across me and I looked up the see the procelain-skinned vampire lady and the young man she had bit smiling softely at me. I felt silly and said it was stupid to love a car so much that you would risk your life for it, but the lady said it was because I had a good soul and a lot of love to give or something like that.

The dream ended there. My family is about to sell our 1986 Volkswagen Westfalia and I am sad because I have a lot of good memories in it. I have been from one end of Canada to the other in that vehicle and I am really going to miss it, even though I know that it is "just a car." I think this is why I jumped into the river in the dream to retrieve the Westfalia peices - I am reluctant to see it go.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      I had a very long and detailed dream last night, but it did not become lucid and I am afraid that much of it has faded from my memory, even though I tried to write it all down.

The dream starts off in a large building or warehouse of some sort. There are hundreds of people seated at desks working away at drawings and animations and the such. I am sitting at the very back and making little doodles because I am not happy and I do not want to be there. Some of the other animators are gloating and flaunting their talents and everyone is giving them praise. I start making drawings that are not a part of the criteria and get in trouble for it.

There was also some animator guy who stood up and made a big anouncement that he was leaving animation and becoming a wrestler or something, but I cannot remember exactly.

I leave the giant warehouse-animation room and go outside. I am in a farmer's field that is all dried up and devoid of any crops. I can see cars and trucks passing by on a distant roadway. There are a few small aircraft flying overhead. I gaze up at the aircraft and suddenly the dream changes and I am in the cockpit of a fighter jet. I am supposed to bring the aircraft in for a landing, but the small airport is suspended on the side of a large building or cliff and the runway consists of only a helicopter landing pad. Fortunately the fighter jet has hover capabilities and i am able to put it down on the narrow landing pad.

I get out of the aircraft and suddenly I am floating high above looking down on everything. There is a group of people looking at the fighter jet and an older man who is very rich and powerful who is gloating about his prestige and his ownership of the airport. Suddenly the dream is back in the bare field, but it is no longer bare. There are miles of grape vines, but all of the plants are dying. I can hear the voice of the rich old man but I cannot see him. He is still going on about how great it is to be him and it is really annoying me.

I then walk back to the giant warehouse-animation building, but when I go back insode it is different. The inside is now a giant mall (like the West Edmonton Mall) and everything is coloured in an autumn colour scheme. I walk for a bit until I am in the center of some sort of multicultural celebration. I see my friend Rebecca and I run to catch up with her.

We get some food and sit down to eat and talk. She tells me that she she is scared and does not want me to leave and I say that I am not going anywhere. Rebecca has a sad look on her face, then suddenly she stands up and runs away, dissapearing into the large crowd. I try to follow but I cannot push my way past the huge gathering of people and have to go back. I am really upset that Rebecca ran away from me. I go into an East Indian food display and think about buying some delicacies, but I am sure that I do not have enough money for it. I find a credit card in my pocket and just pay with that. I am sort of creeped out because the two men who run the display will not stop staring at me.

Suddenly the dream changes again to the inside of an Oriental food store. Everything is dull and grey. There is an old Chinese man at the counter sorting CD-RW disks. His wife comes in through a heavy metallic back door and starts screaming at him for something. I go through the back door and find that it not only leads outside, but is at the top of a tall building (where as the front door is at groud level). The heavy metal door locks behind me and I cannot go back.

Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell is standing at the edge of the rooftop and jumps off. The scene is the same as the jump down from the opening sequence from the Stand Alone Complex anime series. I dissapear from the dream at this point and everything is viewed in third person.

Major Kusanagi lands on a low roof top in a back alley. In the alleyway below there is a black truck and three suspicious looking men loading cardboard boxes into the back of the truck. The boxes are sealed but heavy and the men are trying to load them quickly. The Major draws her gun and yells at them to stop, but the men draw their own weapons and open fire. Two of the men engage the Major in gun play while the last man quickly throws the rest of the boxes into the truck. One box falls out of the truck and bursts open, scattering VHS video tapes and CD disks all over the alleyway. The three men jump into the van and speed off.

The Major is trying to figure out what is on the disks when some investigators show up (though none are other characters from the GITS show or movie - they appear to be random creations of my subconscious). Major Kusanagi leaves them to clean up the mess and figure out what the disks and tapes are and runs off in the direction that the truck went. She runs out of the alley and into a beach front shopping strip. There are thousands of people and hundreds of vehicles on the road and on the beach, making it impossible to find the truck.

There is a bus sitting at a terminal on the other side of the road, seemingly abandoned. The Major gets onto the bus and it starts to move under its own power and without a driver. There are other people on the bus but they stare out of the windows and will not respond to anyone trying to get their attention. The bus travels down the road for a bit and makes two left turns around the block. It stops in front of the Oriental food store. When she gets off the bus, the Major can see the three men from the alleyway talking to the old Chinese man through the window. There is one of the sealed cardboard boxes on the counter.

The four men pick up the box and exit through the heavy metal back door. Kusanagi follows and finds herself back on the roof top in which she started, with none of the men in sight.

The dream becomes too fuzzy for me to remember any more, but it ended soon after anyway.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      The dream I had last night was very short (or I do not remember any of it except for the end).

I was in my old bedroom crying on the bed. I was laying on my side and my arms were stretched out. I felt a furry animal lay down on my arms and I could feel the vibration of a purr, but I could not hear it. I opened my eyes but I could see nothing, even though I could still feel the invisible, purring cat.

That is all I remember.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      I had my second lucid experience last night! I only had very limited control, but I do believe that it is an improvement because in my first lucid experience I had no control what-so-ever.

The dream takes place about a block from where I live. There is a church with an expansive parking lot near the corner of the intersection and all of the outdoor scenes of the dream take place there. All of the inside scenes of the dream take place in what is very similar to the halls of the public school that I attended as a child. Even though, in reality, there are many apartment buildings, stores and a cemetery in the area surrounding the church and the road it is on, in the dream there was only thick, dark forest.

At the beginning of the dream I was inside wandering the halls of the school. It was night time and it should have been closed but I saw former classmates and teachers around as well. There were no classes going on and everything seemed very random or downright chaotic. The was some sort of parade thought the halls and people where dragging pieces of electronic equipment or walking with baby animals through the halls.

Someone walked by with six kittens on a leash and I could not see the person's face, but I remember thinking that the kittens were cute. I also saw someone trying to pull a baby elephant along but still did not realize that I was in a dream. I did not attempt any RCs because it just did not occur to me at the time. I saw an old schoolmate of mine named J.P and I decided to follow him.

We walked down a long hall and went outside. Rather than the school yard we walked out into the church parking lot. There were several parked vehicles as well as cars driving past on the road. J.P sat down on the front step of the church and looked at me and said something. Though I can remember the sound of his voice, I cannot remember what he said to me. I walked over to one of the parked cars (a light grey or white, two door hatchback) and thought that I would drive home in it. I started the car and pulled up the the street, but I swerved out onto the road without slowing down or stopping and I cut off at least two other road vehicles.

It was then that I realized I was in a dream, because I knew what I had just done was very illegal and not the proper way to drive. The first thing I did with my lucidity was put the dream in "reverse" and go back to the point of entering the vehicle so I could attempt an exit from the parking lot with the proper driving technique (what can I say? I am neurotic like that). The second attempt at driving was as well as could be but I turned around and returned to the church parking lot because I wanted to try and speak with J.P again. As I pulled in and parked I saw J.P going into the church. I ran to catch up with him and when I went through the church doors I found myself in the public school halls again.

This time however, the hall was very long and very wide and there where several former male classmates from my grade 7 and 8 years sitting all along the floor. The majority of them seemed to be working on bike or engine parts and their hands were all greasy. Some of them looked up at me and laughed (they used to pick on me and tease me relentlessly) but I ignored them and continued to follow J.P until he too sat down and started working on some greasy mechanical stuff.

I don't know exactly what happend but I lost my dream control, even though I was still aware that I was in a dream. I am guessing it is because I wasn't really doing anything special with my lucidity except follow people to see what they would do, rather than attempting things myself.

I turned around and saw some random former schoolmates exiting from a classroom door and going outside. I was pushed by an invisible force (I was fighting to regain my dream control at this point so the invisible force was probably my subconscious trying to move me along) to the door that the students were exiting. It turned out not to be a classroom but a small, single stall bathroom. It was dirty and empty and the fluorescent light was flickering ominously.

As the male classmates all stared at me, I went into the bathroom and attempted to do my business, but the door would not close properly (neither did the stall door now that I think of it) and I felt embarrased and "on display." I finished as quickly as I could and tried to wash my hands, but the taps spewed some disgusting brown liquid. I got out of there as quickly as I could and went back into the hall to find that all of the male schoolmates who were sitting on the floor laughing at me - except for J.P, who just looked at me with a sad expression on his face before returning to his greasy work.

I remember running for the exit doors because I was upset and embarassed but the the faster I ran towards the doors, the further away they seemed. I acknowledged that my dream was turning into one of those weird stretchy hall dreams, but I did not have the control over my body to stop myself from running. The only thing I could think of doing was saying to myself over and over again "This is cliche and boring. This is cliche and boring."

The dream ended there. Only after I woke up did I realize that I should have been said "more clarity" or "more lucidity" rather than "this is cliche and boring." Oh well, next time.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 12-07-2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Needed to fix broken link.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      I have had several dreams in the last few days but I have been kind of lazy and I have not written any of them down. I just woke up from having this one though:

I cannot remember now how the dream started but at some point I was with my friend Becky and we were taking a road trip in in her car to a large shopping center across the border, (even though in waking life she does not actually own a vehicle). We arrived at our destination and went inside to do whatever and when our hands were full, we returned to Becky's car. We found that a small green car had smashed into the right side of her vehicle, leaving a large dent and traces of green paint. The green car was parked behind Becky's with the driver no where in sight.

After some angry shouting over the damage of the car, I suggested to my friend that we take photos of the damage with her digital camera (another thing she does not actually possess in waking life) but for some reason Becky was reluctant to do so. She did not want to create a scene and was content to just leave it but I was insistant on taking pictures for insurance reasons, just in case. She eventually agreed but I could not figure out how to activate the time stamp on the camera, which I was convinced existed at the time, and became frustrated. Becky then suggested we go back inside the mall and finish our shopping because the damage was already done and there was no point crying over spilt milk. I agreed, put the camera in my purse and we returned to our shopping spree.

When we again returned to put away all we had bought we found that Becky's car had again been smashed and the damage was to much this time to ignore. The green car was no where in sight. Becky and I were infuriated about the situation and I was fuming that I had decided not to use the digital camera before to get the green car's license plate. I proceeded to take photos of the damage while Becky called for a tow truck.

As I was just finishing up documenting of the damage I saw the green car on the other side of the parking lot, smahed into a wall. I ran over and was thrilled to see two people who I hoped to be the owners. I was right but the owners, a young man and a young woman, tried to argue with me about the damage to Becky's car and would not let me take their photos. The young woman said that the young man had been driving, but it was difficult for him to use the breaks because he was wearing spiked baseball shoes, as if that was a ligitimate excuse for their destructive and dangerous driving!

I became infuriated when I heard that excuse and yelled that perhaps the young man should wear regular shoes until he reached his destination or wait to wear spiked shoes until he was actually playing baseball, to which the young woman just scoffed. I demanded that we exchange contact information for the insurance reasons and they thankfully agreed to that. When I finally returned to Becky and her car, the tow truck was there and ready to go and the dream ended there.

I had a short dream after this one that took place in the gymnasium of my public school, but other than the location I cannot remember anything else about that dream.
      Last edited by Sekhmet; 07-30-2009 at 03:00 AM.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      My third lucid dream. I had this dream on the fourth of September.

I was in a building with red walls, standing on a metal staircase, and there was water gushing in from somewhere below. I ascended the stairs until I came to a door. When I went through it, I found myself on a fire escape about five or six storeys above the ground, which was covered in brown, rushing water. The town around me was flooded as far as the eye could see.

I jumped from the balconey to the roof of a builing about 30 feet away and it was at this point that I realized I was dreaming. The dream changed then and I found myself on a gravel road somewhere out in the country. I could see dark forest behind me and a single mid-sized mountain ahead of me. I started running towards the mountain but the sun began to set and it was getting dark. I knew I was in a dream so I attempted some dream control; I pointed at the sun and drew a line with my figure towards the center of the sky. The sun followed the path of my finger and it was noon again, as I seemed to have moved time backwards. This is only the second time I have ever been successful at trying to control something in my dreams, and like the first experience, it involved moving the flow of time backwards.

I contined towards the mountain and saw that there were several houses at the base and on the slope. Some of the houses looked abandoned while others looked brand new. The first house that I went up to was dilapatated and when I pushed open the door I could see huge cobwebs all throughout the inside. I went to the next house and there where lights on, but no one answered the door. I passed several other houses until I came to a little grey one where I could hear the voices of a man and a woman on the inside, yet they fell silent and did not answer the door when I knocked. I remember thinking that if anyone answered the door that I would try to use my dream control to kill them for fun, but just at this moment an alarm clock went off in real life and woke me up.

I find it funny that I could move the sun with my dream control, but did not think about forcing the door down at the little grey house. I am not a violent person and I am surprised and somewhat disgusted at myself for thinking it would be fun to hurt someone, even in my dream. It is quite embarassing now that I think about it.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast